Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us - page 17. (Read 54563 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Bucky Balls and Earthships I'm following this thread Smiley
Activity: 495
Merit: 507
http://www.gimp.org/

Go on Fin, draw shit up.
Another proposal for town name: Haight-Ashbury

I just drew a diagram that shows what each plot of land will get for free. So once I get a computer that has paint on it, I will be able to make a diagram that shows what each persons home and the stuff around it should look like Smiley

Also, we will be digging wells all over the land, so everyone cross your fingers for oil when we're looking for water. And we have a professional dowser who can find water for us Smiley As well as a Geologist/Engineer who could tell us if oil is possibly nearby, and appraise any minerals we find Smiley

Shouldn't you want to actually, you know, see the land before drawing plans up? Or maybe some actual topographical surveys? These things matter a lot and will impact what goes where.
Trying to inject actual science into FinShaggy's delirium will only get you labeled a troll.

I'm really getting the same vibe as with the whole dank hookah lounge debacle.

Awesome.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

I just drew a diagram that shows what each plot of land will get for free. So once I get a computer that has paint on it, I will be able to make a diagram that shows what each persons home and the stuff around it should look like Smiley

Also, we will be digging wells all over the land, so everyone cross your fingers for oil when we're looking for water. And we have a professional dowser who can find water for us Smiley As well as a Geologist/Engineer who could tell us if oil is possibly nearby, and appraise any minerals we find Smiley

Shouldn't you want to actually, you know, see the land before drawing plans up? Or maybe some actual topographical surveys? These things matter a lot and will impact what goes where.
Trying to inject actual science into FinShaggy's delirium will only get you labeled a troll.

Also lol dowsing, good to see this project is relying on sound science.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube

Google/YouTube
Google/YouTube
Instead of replying to the statement, why not talk about this via. P.M?

Alright. Smiley
?
Activity: -
Merit: -
Instead of replying to the statement, why not talk about this via. P.M?
Google/YouTube

Fin, I don't think you have planned this out that good enough.. Saying 'there will be'....

Lol, I don't think you understand how much I plan on advertising this, and how amazing this town is going to be. You've seen 1/6 of what has been proposed, so it's really impossible for you to decide how well this is planned. Smiley

From your posts and videos (Which is the only thing you're really giving us, and actually not explaining all of the other stuff.. (Firefighters, Doctors, Health, Government, etc.) That's the only thing I can say. I agree with you on the idea for a BitCoin Town and the other stuff, but you're really not giving us that much information. So how can we say you did plan it out correctly with 1/6 of it? The only thing we can think is that you haven't planned it out well enough. I'm only trying to get you to think about every possibility, option, probability, and thought.

I already said it's going to take about a month to get everything onto the internet. I'm sorry if you can't wait that long and/or post your concerns in the form of suggestions, instead of accusations of unpreparedness, when everything is not even up for discussion yet.

Discuss what is present, and express concern where needed. Don't belittle what is being done just because it's not finished.
?

Fin, I don't think you have planned this out that good enough.. Saying 'there will be'....

Lol, I don't think you understand how much I plan on advertising this, and how amazing this town is going to be. You've seen 1/6 of what has been proposed, so it's really impossible for you to decide how well this is planned. Smiley

From your posts and videos (Which is the only thing you're really giving us, and actually not explaining all of the other stuff.. (Firefighters, Doctors, Health, Government, etc.) That's the only thing I can say. I agree with you on the idea for a BitCoin Town and the other stuff, but you're really not giving us that much information. So how can we say you did plan it out correctly with 1/6 of it? The only thing we can think is that you haven't planned it out well enough. I'm only trying to get you to think about every possibility, option, probability, and thought.
Google/YouTube

?

And who will be paying the public workers, and how much?

What if there isn't any public workers?
----
What if there isn't enough public workers to produce more than one or two a year?
----
What if people don't rent out their land?
----
What if there isn't even enough people in the town to build houses?
----

1. The town, at least minimum wage, or a decided number of coins per hour/job.

2. There will be, as we will be advertising this to progressive community minded people for the next year or two.

3. I will, so that is not an issue.

4. There will be.

Google/YouTube

----
What if there isn't enough public workers to produce more than one or two a year?
----
----
----

1. The town, at least minimum wage, or a decided number of coins per hour/job.

2. There will be, as we will be advertising this to progressive community minded people for the next year or two.

3. I will, so that is not an issue.

4. There will be.
Google/YouTube
I just counted, and there are still over 150 videos to be made (meaning there will be at least 180 total). Only 30 have been made. So there is A LOT more to be discussed.
?
Exactly who will be building these houses? And how many are you aiming to build?

Think about it, there's going to be at least two hundred people living there. Let's say eighty are going to want Earth-Ships and Geo-Domes. And these houses are going to be huge, so there could only be 1-2 produced in a year if rushed.

Not to mention who will pay for the supplies? (Would cost hundred thousands to millions of dollars.)

PUBLIC WORKERS (people who live in town and need to earn money). Can everyone at least read the last 5 posts before replying.

As many as needed, some people will want to rent out their land, so we will be building more than just the same number of people that found the town.

Lol, we will produce WAY more than 1 or 2 a year. I grew up in a town where LARGE 2 story brick and mortar houses went up in 3 months. We will be getting a back hoe and a cement mixer (for cob and adobe), so there won't be the need to bring dirt in from outside, or waste too much time digging. And they are much easier to construct than a regular house.

Supplies will be: Old tires, Soda & Beer cans, Dirt, Clay & Straw (we will plant canary reed), then wood or metal bars for frames and pipes for plumbing. Other than that, solar panels is all we need for the houses. But we will start on the regular energy grid first, and I haven't gotten to this in the videos yet, but we will be connecting houses to the water and electric grid if they choose to be (town center gets priority. Meaning, shop owners, etc).

----
----
----
----
Google/YouTube
Exactly who will be building these houses? And how many are you aiming to build?

Think about it, there's going to be at least two hundred people living there. Let's say eighty are going to want Earth-Ships and Geo-Domes. And these houses are going to be huge, so there could only be 1-2 produced in a year if rushed.

Not to mention who will pay for the supplies? (Would cost hundred thousands to millions of dollars.)

PUBLIC WORKERS (people who live in town and need to earn money). Can everyone at least read the last 5 posts before replying.

As many as needed, some people will want to rent out their land, so we will be building more than just the same number of people that found the town.

Lol, we will produce WAY more than 1 or 2 a year. I grew up in a town where LARGE 2 story brick and mortar houses went up in 3 months. We will be getting a back hoe and a cement mixer (for cob and adobe), so there won't be the need to bring dirt in from outside, or waste too much time digging. And they are much easier to construct than a regular house.

Supplies will be: Old tires, Soda & Beer cans, Dirt, Clay & Straw (we will plant canary reed), then wood or metal bars for frames and pipes for plumbing. Other than that, solar panels is all we need for the houses. But we will start on the regular energy grid first, and I haven't gotten to this in the videos yet, but we will be connecting houses to the water and electric grid if they choose to be (town center gets priority. Meaning, shop owners, etc).
?
----

----
Google/YouTube
We will also use Adobe to make cheap sturdy frames for the houses. It is similar to cob, and cob can be used as mortar and on the outside and inside to make the walls flat.

Google/YouTube
Pages:
Jump to: