Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us - page 22. (Read 54563 times)

Activity: 682
Merit: 500
Nice I really really like this idea. What are the chances of me moving in? I'm from the UK.
?
Activity: -
Merit: -
Also, what about starting other 'BitCoin Towns' in other states or regions too? Like one town in a few more states? We could get more people to join them, and we could also get a good taste of what a nation would be like. I could easily by some land in Tennessee. (Really cheap land, but not cheaper than New Mexico. And also has good hunting and farming land.) The idea could also not make the town so overpopulated if we had other towns like it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
We will have a Podcast/YouTube radio show that will start before the town does, and we will eventually build a radio studio in town when there are enough town funds Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzPWECBcAKI
Google/YouTube
By the way, I was wondering: What if we got too much land? Would we get more acres? (Example: Getting 8K Acres. Would everybody be able to have 4 acres then?(8,000 divided by 200 should be 40, meaning we could still have some land if everybody got 4 acres.. I think.)

Yep Smiley

Everyone gets their "share".
Google/YouTube
This will be the local "religion". We will not force any kind of worship and will provide a worship center for use by ANY religion. And people can convert their houses into worship centers or make worship centers for particular religions if they wish to do so on their land Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/church-of-development-213405
?
By the way, I was wondering: What if we got too much land? Would we get more acres? (Example: Getting 8K Acres. Would everybody be able to have 4 acres then?(8,000 divided by 200 should be 40, meaning we could still have some land if everybody got 4 acres.. I think.)
Google/YouTube
finshaggy seriously. stop brain farting your con idea's out onto the forums purely to get peoples bitcoin.

instead take 5 steps away from the computer and do some planning such as knowing the true costs of getting electricity cabling dug into the ground, permit requirements, legal costs of land ownerships, laws you still have to obide by. and stop trying to say the uptopian dream is just $10k upfront.

you have no clue about land value or what is needed to build a sustainable town. you have lackd answering the basic questions.

EG you say 200 residents being given 3 acres each = 600 acres. and you want these 200 residents to be creative entrepeuners.

then you totally ignore construction workers, police fire, vets, lawyers, judges, teachers, shop owners. mechanics, alcohol distillers and all the other manditory jobs that you say your uptopia will have.

so technically it will end up as just 20 creative people in your town...

then you dont acount for the community buildings such as the library/communityhall, the town square, court house emergency services buildings, roads, car parks and shops also requiring land.

making the residents who are promised 3 acres being squashed into half as much. or expanding the 600 acres into double/triple as much just to fit it all in.

please please please stop brainfarting your dreams of the final design and learn these words.
INFRASTRUCTURE
PLANNING
LAWS

do some research.

and if you want to do this town project then stop trying to sell your other brainfart projects of going on a world tour for a year paid with bitcoins.. because you only have 0.7btc to your name and a promise of devcoins next month.

admit to yourself and to the forum that these are brain farts of a stoner having a hallucinating dream of paradise but no skills talents or understanding of being a project leader for it to ever work.
You're kind of right about the construction workers, but you're wrong about everything else.
Me and Fin are currently looking at 1,000 acres-5,000 acres of land. He just said the minimum amount is 600 acres. We've also thought about community buildings, and other things. We've currently have been talking via P.M about things like that. 2 Million dollars will be going to land. We've also been planning a school together, ect. We haven't been neglecting the ideas of planning on this thread at all. Please take time to read some of the thread, before calling it out. (I wish you take no offense to this. But please read the thread.)

Nope he's wrong about construction workers too. I already mentioned that that would be part of public work (so people with less money can earn food and money), and then anyone with money can hire the other members of the community. And we will be contracting a company to take on any projects that any citizen might want to pay an outside company to come in and do Smiley
Google/YouTube
We will be attempting to start a restaurant, so that the town has a good place to eat and food supply ready to move in right when we get there Smiley
If we can't start the restaurant before the town, we will start it IN town once we have a small community.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2288125
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxuPoed0H7E

The things that we plan to have on the menu so far are these:

Pancakes
Eggs/Omelets
Burgers (REAL ones, not like McDonalds)
Funnel Cake
French Fries
Carne Asada
Burritos (and every other variation of tortilla and contents, which means chips and salsa too)
Noodles
Sandwhiches
A Salad Bar
And anyone involved's "specialty"
?
finshaggy seriously. stop brain farting your con idea's out onto the forums purely to get peoples bitcoin.

instead take 5 steps away from the computer and do some planning such as knowing the true costs of getting electricity cabling dug into the ground, permit requirements, legal costs of land ownerships, laws you still have to obide by. and stop trying to say the uptopian dream is just $10k upfront.

you have no clue about land value or what is needed to build a sustainable town. you have lackd answering the basic questions.

EG you say 200 residents being given 3 acres each = 600 acres. and you want these 200 residents to be creative entrepeuners.

then you totally ignore construction workers, police fire, vets, lawyers, judges, teachers, shop owners. mechanics, alcohol distillers and all the other manditory jobs that you say your uptopia will have.

then you dont acount for the community buildings such as the library/communityhall, the town square, court house emergency services buildings, roads, car parks and shops also requiring land.

making the residents who are promised 3 acres being squashed into half as much. or expanding the 600 acres into double/triple as much just to fit it all in.

please please please stop brainfarting your dreams of the final design and learn these words.
INFRASTRUCTURE
PLANNING
LAWS

do some research.

and if you want to do this town project then stop trying to sell your other brainfart projects of going on a world tour for a year paid with bitcoins.. because you only have 0.7btc to your name and a promise of devcoins next month.

admit to yourself and to the forum that these are brain farts of a stoner having a hallucinating dream of paradise but no skills talents or understanding of being a project leader for it to ever work.
You're kind of right about the construction workers, but you're wrong about everything else.
Me and Fin are currently looking at 1,000 acres-5,000 acres of land. He just said the minimum amount is 600 acres. We've also thought about community buildings, and other things. We've currently have been talking via P.M about things like that. 2 Million dollars will be going to land. We've also been planning a school together, ect. We haven't been neglecting the ideas of planning on this thread at all. Please take time to read some of the thread, before calling it out. (I wish you take no offense to this. But please read the thread.)
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

INFRASTRUCTURE
PLANNING
LAWS

do some research.

Google/YouTube
There are just a few lands not claimed by any country:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_nullius#Current_terrae_nullius

You could theoretically create a new country there.

Antartica is out of the question, I'm not sure how is Bir Tawil. Probably sandy and inhabitable.

I don't think we need to try to start a nation until we have a real community/neighborhood. We need a philosophical nation before we try to start a real one.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
There are just a few lands not claimed by any country:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_nullius#Current_terrae_nullius

You could theoretically create a new country there.

Antartica is out of the question, I'm not sure how is Bir Tawil. Probably sandy and inhabitable.
Google/YouTube
And not only will we be doing that, but 'camping' would also help us become aware of our environment, and give us time to plan more things out. And we could also still be able to provide income to the project as well.  Tongue

We'll be doing plenty of stuff with the land Smiley The first goal is to help each person use their land to make money. Anyone with no project plans will be lumped together to make a giant plot to rent out for air balloon landings or visitor camping, etc.

Or help with construction of projects on each other people's land for a little compensation. Or work on public property for a "government" pay.

Cheesy Awesome. By the way, are you still reviewing land? If so, so far what would you recommend us get?

We will be reviewing land for like 3-6 months Smiley
Something with electricity and a well would be ideal. Lake, pond or River if possible too.
?
And not only will we be doing that, but 'camping' would also help us become aware of our environment, and give us time to plan more things out. And we could also still be able to provide income to the project as well.  Tongue

We'll be doing plenty of stuff with the land Smiley The first goal is to help each person use their land to make money. Anyone with no project plans will be lumped together to make a giant plot to rent out for air balloon landings or visitor camping, etc.

Or help with construction of projects on each other people's land for a little compensation. Or work on public property for a "government" pay.

Cheesy Awesome. By the way, are you still reviewing land? If so, so far what would you recommend us get?
Google/YouTube

?
I also think the Founder, and whoever the Co-Founders will be, get together to see what things we would need when we first get there for survival.

(I suggest this site, they take BitCoins: http://www.survivalcampingstore.com/)

Thank you for the site, that will definitely come in handy Smiley

No problem. I'm just trying to contribute.

This is going to be fun. The core group of people that want to live there can start with RVs, small builds and tents while construction is happening, and we can make videos and take pictures and share articles as everything is happening Smiley

And not only will we be doing that, but 'camping' would also help us become aware of our environment, and give us time to plan more things out. And we could also still be able to provide income to the project as well.  Tongue
Google/YouTube
I also think the Founder, and whoever the Co-Founders will be, get together to see what things we would need when we first get there for survival.

This is going to be fun. The core group of people that want to live there can start with RVs, make-shift buildings and tents while construction is happening, and we can make videos and take pictures and share articles as everything is happening Smiley
?

Google/YouTube

?

Pages:
Jump to: