Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin trading strategy - page 6. (Read 13734 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 23, 2015, 06:53:39 AM
each time someone get a profit from trading there is someone that lose something in it

This is just plain wrong, sorry. That would hold true for a Ponzi style investments, that is, a zero sum game. Since Bitcoin has uses beyond sheer speculation (that of "buy low sell high"), this immediately renders such statements invalid. Someone sells a bitcoin with a profit, and someone else buys it, then the price drops. It appears that the latter is suffering losses, but if he is not going to speculate but use it beyond the exchange (say, to pay for services), the matter becomes more complicated. And it may turn out that everyone wins in the end, despite the price decrease...
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
June 23, 2015, 06:32:52 AM
I think for that people they can predict because if they can't how they can earn more and lee lost?

Where are you getting the idea that traders always earn more than what he lose? Seriously trader is a two way activity , note this quote below ( it seems I have written this up many times )

Code:
each time someone get a profit from trading there is someone that lose something in it 

Therefore you cant generalized that all traders are earning more because it is a two way activity. It is not about "knowing" the future anyway but it is rather about knowing how the market react for the current week, judging the orderbook of buy and sell order and taking some discipline to either take profit or stop loss rather than getting delusional that the price might be higher than the current one ( common mistake, holding too much when they are already on profit , should have just let it go for some small portion )

I know that, if someone earning their should losing his/her money. But also remember not always because if you or all people work hard and know the way or strategies so that they can earn and not to loss their money. Maybe your quote will be nonsense. Its all depend on person what happened to his/her money.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
June 23, 2015, 04:13:26 AM
I think for that people they can predict because if they can't how they can earn more and lee lost?

Where are you getting the idea that traders always earn more than what he lose? Seriously trader is a two way activity , note this quote below ( it seems I have written this up many times )

Code:

Therefore you cant generalized that all traders are earning more because it is a two way activity. It is not about "knowing" the future anyway but it is rather about knowing how the market react for the current week, judging the orderbook of buy and sell order and taking some discipline to either take profit or stop loss rather than getting delusional that the price might be higher than the current one ( common mistake, holding too much when they are already on profit , should have just let it go for some small portion )
June 22, 2015, 09:36:13 PM
I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on...

Bitcoin Trading is best trading now a days, since it has tremendous positive variable, if you get into the Bitcoins Trading you can make lot of money, If you compare the exchange rates between previous months and now, you will see the marginal increase in exchange rates, so plan neatly to start Bitcoin Trading, and follow the very smart way to buy and sell in good exchange rates, you will see the best result.
tl;dr Bitcoin trading is a gambling it is not easy it is not predictable. You will never know if bitcoin marker react positively or negatively because of weird specific of our market.
Even the best and most positive news can go unnoticed. An panic can be caused even by minor bitcoin news...

Although it is not predictable but there are some people out there that really good in analyzing the market so this is sure profitable to him and he can minimalize his loss through this though
I think for that people they can predict because if they can't how they can earn more and lee lost? i think they know how to analyze the market and they can predict it.
legendary
June 22, 2015, 01:36:42 PM

so plan neatly .

Another mistakes for BTC trading I would say. Plan isnt needed for trading because with having some plan you will be restricting yourself to do a changes directly if needed in some situation. Rather than having a plan, consistency as well as discipline are much more needed in trading especially if you are taking your chances to be a day trader then consistency and discipline is the key for this

Im merely talking about the consistency to take profit at X percentage or stop loss at Y percentage. Such discipline and consistency is needed if you want start trading

tl;dr Bitcoin trading is a gambling it is not easy it is not predictable.

Dont confuse yourself with this because a trader and gambler are different from many perspective. I could describe few things that differentiate them but I would go with the most significant difference

A trader could be able to roughly pinpoint the bottom or the top of the daily price even though it is not always accurate depending on several factor such as buy power, sell pressure and volume ( common thing for trader ). While on the other hand, gambler is all about being lucky , you would say that a gambler will be able to predict a dice roll?predict what his next BlackJack card is ?

You should revise your post because a trader isnt a gambler

And panic can be caused even by minor neutral bitcoin news...

Get your facts straight, a panic is caused by constant sell pressure not a news. News is merely a fuel that drive a sell pressure and no minor news causing nothing to the price . Reason that you see some news causing some downstream for the price is because it is manipulated by whale by creating a fake sell wall to give some pressure for the orderbook
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
June 22, 2015, 12:32:49 PM
I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on...

Bitcoin Trading is best trading now a days, since it has tremendous positive variable, if you get into the Bitcoins Trading you can make lot of money, If you compare the exchange rates between previous months and now, you will see the marginal increase in exchange rates, so plan neatly to start Bitcoin Trading, and follow the very smart way to buy and sell in good exchange rates, you will see the best result.
tl;dr Bitcoin trading is a gambling it is not easy it is not predictable. You will never know if bitcoin marker react positively or negatively because of weird specific of our market.
Even the best and most positive news can go unnoticed. An panic can be caused even by minor bitcoin news...

Although it is not predictable but there are some people out there that really good in analyzing the market so this is sure profitable to him and he can minimalize his loss through this though
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
June 22, 2015, 11:28:10 AM
I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on...

Even the best and most positive news can go unnoticed. And panic can be caused even by minor neutral bitcoin news...
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 22, 2015, 11:14:45 AM

legendary
June 18, 2015, 04:09:51 PM
Of course you can ( not predict but roughly pinpoint). Most people just dont want to learn new things because they thought it is complicated but honestly it is not that complicated.

You dont need to buy at the lowest price, buy it at whatever position you want sell it higher than the position that your purchased it, voila profit ! Many people are getting the wrong concept that they must bought at the lowest point however this isnt always the case though

But it will take some time if you buy it at any price and then wait the price go higher. In my experience I bought in any price like you said but then I can't sell it in the higher price and when I choose to hold ir for a little longer the price is going down drastically. Thats why many people (including me) want to buy it at the lowest price

Then you dont know how to do things properly I guess. Most people contradict themselves with the meaning of profit, basically half dollar is considered as a profit but most people seems to not interested in selling for half dollar profit which makes them hold for a higher expected price.

To be honest, it will be hard if you are seeking to snipe in the "lowest price" as your position and it will be much better if you take your position as soon as possible and sell them for a slight profit anyway. Movements is all you need in trading, not to snipe in the lowest price because basically with movement , you can take profit from most position (unless you are buying from the highest point of course)
legendary
June 18, 2015, 08:47:12 AM
Of course you can ( not predict but roughly pinpoint). Most people just dont want to learn new things because they thought it is complicated but honestly it is not that complicated.

You dont need to buy at the lowest price, buy it at whatever position you want sell it higher than the position that your purchased it, voila profit ! Many people are getting the wrong concept that they must bought at the lowest point however this isnt always the case though

But it will take some time if you buy it at any price and then wait the price go higher. In my experience I bought in any price like you said but then I can't sell it in the higher price and when I choose to hold ir for a little longer the price is going down drastically. Thats why many people (including me) want to buy it at the lowest price
legendary
June 18, 2015, 03:52:57 AM
my trading strategy is stop after get 20-25% than stop it

You are a pretty bogus trader as well I supposed. Having a 20-25 % profit is indeed a very bad option, considering the price keep on staying at +/- 5 % maximum each day ( on the day before this rally to $250 ) then you will probably be waiting for such a long time just to get your desired profit

and WD to wallet,,

Huh? You gain profit in FIAT then withdraw then to your wallet? I may be wrong on this if you are withdrawing BTC in this case then I do think thats such a wasted option as well

P.S ; try to use google translate before posting nonsense seriously people get a hard time to understand what you wrote

Buying low and selling high is the best strategy. But you need the right tools, something linke this:
-snip-

I do wish I have one of those though  Cheesy

Buying low and selling high is the base of trading but how can you predict that you are buying at the lowest price and sell it to highest price? That thing you can't get it easily

legendary
June 17, 2015, 09:12:54 PM
Trading is always a risk. I was trading a lot last year when btc was very high, I earned a lot of money but lost it all.
I think that at last, only the whales keep the profit.

I Think you must learn how to read grafick , you earned lot of money but lost it all ? because you greedy , my trading strategy is stop after get 20-25% than stop it and WD to wallet,,

Not many people have that skill to read some graphic, although if you have a good analyze, that prediction will fail too sometime, people tend to follow to movement its safer than predict it and set your buying and selling price

Buying low and selling high is the best strategy. But you need the right tools

Buying low and selling high is the base of trading but how can you predict that you are buying at the lowest price and sell it to highest price? That thing you can't get it easily
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
June 17, 2015, 05:46:58 PM
Buying low and selling high is the best strategy. But you need the right tools, something linke this:

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Look My eyes
June 17, 2015, 05:08:08 PM
Trading is always a risk. I was trading a lot last year when btc was very high, I earned a lot of money but lost it all.

I Think you must learn how to read grafick , you earned lot of money but lost it all ? because you greedy , my trading strategy is stop after get 20-25% than stop it and WD to wallet,,
legendary
June 17, 2015, 03:55:16 PM

Seriously I would say that you dont know how to trade properly . Basically as a trader you will need to know how to stop loss at X percentage each time the price is declining. From your statement, it seems like you know about it because if you know it then you wouldnt claimed that you lose it all.
With regards, you dont have to be a whale to get profit in trading. A whale has nothing to do in order to gain profit from trading but as a whale you could manipulate the market for easy profit of course

P.S : There is a thin line of difference between "trading" and "holding" apparently it seems you are more to hold than trade

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2015, 07:53:08 AM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 17, 2015, 02:57:57 AM
I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on ......

In trading always follow trend and be patient and always use stoploss if it is going in other direction. Money management is  the key to success in trading.

usually by following the trend, you need your stop loss to be set higher then stop for profit, i'm doing this is in the form of a ratio to 1:5(stopprofit/stoploss)

then closing the position and repeat, you need to look at the past days before opening a position, but my bitcoin are being invested in stock/forex/commodities, so maybe it's a bit different, than opening a order
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
June 16, 2015, 01:57:27 PM
I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on ......

In trading always follow trend and be patient and always use stoploss if it is going in other direction. Money management is  the key to success in trading.
June 15, 2015, 11:26:29 PM
But it still the value of the bitcoin, take note value and price are not the same. Value is the importance of bitcoin and the price is how much bitcoin is . So you mean say that they want a high price, if they want a high price they should wait for that time.

Price and value are not the same, but if there is a full-fledged market where the process of finding price occurs, the notion of value becomes virtually irrelevant (as far as traders and investors are concerned, of course), since in that case price would follow value with high fidelity...

but they misunderstood it . So that they leaved without knowing the truth. And they loss the coins that they can earn and also the they miss the time when the price of bitcoin are high.

Money is value just as anything of value, like food, house, transport and so on. The value comes from people preferring one thing over another thing, in the aggregate you can therefore tell the price of something. Money is one of the things of value, sometimes you prefer money (when you sell your time) and sometimes you prefer something else, that you buy for money. It is due to the general value, not a specific type of value, that the money is so good to  have.

If we only could find a type of money that has that trait that fiat money doesn't have; long time store of value.....

I think all of the old currency are now gone, because government let it go and their not giving a sympathy of that currency. The only way is to giving importance in different currency and having respect.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
June 15, 2015, 05:25:30 PM
But it still the value of the bitcoin, take note value and price are not the same. Value is the importance of bitcoin and the price is how much bitcoin is . So you mean say that they want a high price, if they want a high price they should wait for that time.

Price and value are not the same, but if there is a full-fledged market where the process of finding price occurs, the notion of value becomes virtually irrelevant (as far as traders and investors are concerned, of course), since in that case price would follow value with high fidelity...

but they misunderstood it . So that they leaved without knowing the truth. And they loss the coins that they can earn and also the they miss the time when the price of bitcoin are high.

Money is value just as anything of value, like food, house, transport and so on. The value comes from people preferring one thing over another thing, in the aggregate you can therefore tell the price of something. Money is one of the things of value, sometimes you prefer money (when you sell your time) and sometimes you prefer something else, that you buy for money. It is due to the general value, not a specific type of value, that the money is so good to  have.

If we only could find a type of money that has that trait that fiat money doesn't have; long time store of value.....

Pages:
Jump to: