Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin trading strategy - page 10. (Read 13734 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
May 28, 2015, 12:42:17 PM
Having a good timing make your buy and sell success. Because you can't predict when the prices is going to fall or rise.

An oft-repeated claim in the equity markets is "never try to time the market".
This might be valid in the bitcoin space as well. Systematic investment, over the long run, could yield results.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
May 28, 2015, 01:15:56 AM
In trading always follow trend and be patient and always use stoploss if it is going in other direction. Money management is  the key to success in trading.

You cannot follow that trend directly because you never know when the price is going to fall or raise, so make sure that you buy in a lower price so that you can sell it a little bit higher. You must need a good timing when you will buy and when you will sell. Everything that you do in trading is affect your result so you must do it carefully so you wont be at loss
Having a good timing make your buy and sell success. Because you can't predict when the prices is going to fall or rise.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
May 28, 2015, 12:41:44 AM
most important thing is patience. if you have that then trading is very easy and it requires very low effort. buy low sell high.

It's also important to know when to break the trend or to change patterns, even with the long run price drop this year there were periods of recovery and price rallies, so in terms of short and long term strategies both sides can easily make money.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 27, 2015, 10:24:00 AM
In trading always follow trend and be patient and always use stoploss if it is going in other direction. Money management is  the key to success in trading.

You cannot follow that trend directly because you never know when the price is going to fall or raise, so make sure that you buy in a lower price so that you can sell it a little bit higher. You must need a good timing when you will buy and when you will sell. Everything that you do in trading is affect your result so you must do it carefully so you wont be at loss
May 25, 2015, 10:57:15 PM
In trading always follow trend and be patient and always use stoploss if it is going in other direction. Money management is  the key to success in trading.
And also having a good decisions and great idea to better have a great profit or earnings.Budgeting money or having a goals is the also key to success in trading or in different strategies.
Activity: 552
May 25, 2015, 01:12:40 PM
In trading always follow trend and be patient and always use stoploss if it is going in other direction. Money management is  the key to success in trading.
May 25, 2015, 11:12:51 AM
Gambling is not strategy cuz house always wins.
Investing is long term good strategy.

Trading is always good so pick one.

Gambling sure is not strategy but gambling have some strategy to win sum of your money but it will not always worked because it will depends on some of your luck. Investing in a long term thing to do but it is not a good strategy to get your money back and it has a higher risk so it will have a chance to run away your money too so have a good pick for your investment. About trading I can't give much info because the price is volatile so sometimes you will get profit and sometimes you will lose it
Yeah its better to invest than gamble. And also remember the higher the risk the higher return so that trust your self and have a self confidence that your money will earn.
legendary
May 21, 2015, 10:37:46 AM

Gambling sure is not strategy but gambling have some strategy to win sum of your money but it will not always worked because it will depends on some of your luck. Investing in a long term thing to do but it is not a good strategy to get your money back and it has a higher risk so it will have a chance to run away your money too so have a good pick for your investment. About trading I can't give much info because the price is volatile so sometimes you will get profit and sometimes you will lose it
May 21, 2015, 08:20:45 AM

Hahahah you now that the house or the owner of gambling always won. They just win you in a little time and then you will lose in the following days or time that you went to their house. And in investing have a high risk so you won't assure that your coins will earn or not.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
May 21, 2015, 06:35:15 AM
The best  strategy is buying now and never sell it until the price going to $10000. You can't think the price is only $200+, right?

This is known as a long term strategy in BTC trading but as you know that this strategy is quite risky especially with the current state of the price where you can see that the price is declining day by day.

Your prediciton is a bit off there as no one could ever guarantee that the price is going to raise up because all we can see that the market itself is now controlled by pure manipulation of some group of whales.

Not to mention that satoshi himself said that there will be either alot of BTC transaction in the future or nothing.
This actually indicates that satoshi himself is not even sure about the future as things might happen

shorter strategy is risky too and more dangerous than just holding, also is less newbie friendly, you need to be a little professional to do it well

satoshi said that because for him bitcoin was still a test, i would like to know what he would say now...

Not really. Since there are two kinds of short term strategy here. The one that you mentioned is about day trading which need the skills to read graphs and the ability to take on profit for every margin of buy and sell .
The other kind would be a short term strategy which doesnt require the ability to read graphs or so. I.e buy 1 BTC at $235 and sell it tomorrow for $1 would be a great turn of profit.

The long term strategy on the other hand require much longer time and much more difference before someone willing to sell like almost difference of $25 before people willing to sell it because they thought that it is not worth it and of course lack of time to check the prices as well

P.S : Test or no, BTC has change a lot of people's life. Im grateful that I have the chance to know about BTC  Wink

basically the other short strategy you are talking about is pure gambling, because without ta observation you can't go far away, one day you lose more than your lucky gain, unless you're farsighted and your actions do not stop soon

More or less not the same. Actually you could have an alarm in your phone to warn you just incase the value is decreasing by X percentage from the price that you bought at . Using this simple application, I have been able to step away from major lost and gain profit overall.

Gambling on the other hand requires almost nothing but luck (im saying standard dice sites though other games may need a bit strategy). Farsighted had to do with reading graphs because you cant convince yourself to hold while you dont have the confidence about the price that may raise in the future if you had no such data
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
May 21, 2015, 05:42:09 AM

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 21, 2015, 05:34:37 AM
Yes its true. For trading that is a bad idea to do martingale because you need to spend most of your fiat to buy bitcoin but with gambling I guess some people prove it that its working and at least you can cover your loss and still get some profit with it. I just experienced it before and after that I loss them all to because I was too greedy  Grin

I don't say that averaging down is a good idea (unless you know what you are doing), but using martingale when betting is a sure way to lose in the long run. There is a multi-paged thread in the Gambling section of here just about that...

There is no winning strategy in gambling given the positive house edge

In fact, as it has been said many times, the only winning strategy is to stay away from gambling altogether. So, if you are constantly losing at trading, maybe, it's better to stay away from trading as well?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 21, 2015, 03:29:17 AM
The best  strategy is buying now and never sell it until the price going to $10000. You can't think the price is only $200+, right?

This is known as a long term strategy in BTC trading but as you know that this strategy is quite risky especially with the current state of the price where you can see that the price is declining day by day.

Your prediciton is a bit off there as no one could ever guarantee that the price is going to raise up because all we can see that the market itself is now controlled by pure manipulation of some group of whales.

Not to mention that satoshi himself said that there will be either alot of BTC transaction in the future or nothing.
This actually indicates that satoshi himself is not even sure about the future as things might happen

shorter strategy is risky too and more dangerous than just holding, also is less newbie friendly, you need to be a little professional to do it well

satoshi said that because for him bitcoin was still a test, i would like to know what he would say now...

Not really. Since there are two kinds of short term strategy here. The one that you mentioned is about day trading which need the skills to read graphs and the ability to take on profit for every margin of buy and sell .
The other kind would be a short term strategy which doesnt require the ability to read graphs or so. I.e buy 1 BTC at $235 and sell it tomorrow for $1 would be a great turn of profit.

The long term strategy on the other hand require much longer time and much more difference before someone willing to sell like almost difference of $25 before people willing to sell it because they thought that it is not worth it and of course lack of time to check the prices as well

P.S : Test or no, BTC has change a lot of people's life. Im grateful that I have the chance to know about BTC  Wink

basically the other short strategy you are talking about is pure gambling, because without ta observation you can't go far away, one day you lose more than your lucky gain, unless you're farsighted and your actions do not stop soon
May 20, 2015, 09:40:42 PM

Good long term strategy, for short ones pick any promising altcoin and take a shoot on some additional income but is more gamble then income so pick one.
Yeah but you will wait a very long time and you must have patient and $200+ is ok . Its a big profit and not bad at all.
legendary
May 20, 2015, 01:30:54 PM
The best  strategy is buying now and never sell it until the price going to $10000. You can't think the price is only $200+, right?

P.S : Test or no, BTC has change a lot of people's life. Im grateful that I have the chance to know about BTC  Wink

Yes that is for a pro to read graph easilt, but not every people can read it easily and you must need some skill to read it anyway. And about the long term I guess some of them is trying to stack it as much as he can then he will sell it for the good price, not in this volatile price for now so long term strategy is a little bit hard to do, its better to get the daily profit its safety. I think everybody that play this bitcoin say that they are grateful because it changes their life for sure  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
May 20, 2015, 12:07:47 PM

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
May 20, 2015, 03:48:40 AM

Good long term strategy, for short ones pick any promising altcoin and take a shoot on some additional income but is more gamble then income so pick one.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 20, 2015, 03:08:22 AM

May 19, 2015, 10:08:21 PM
The mantra of Bitcoin Trading is Buy LOW Sell HIGH.
But it takes a lot of patience. You will have to wait for more than 6 months as the price might remain stable ( as you can see know ).

I have been trading bitcoins since 2012 and has been a nice investment. I buy low (-9%)  at LocalBitcoins and sell them at higher price (+2%)
Nice Strategy Wink
Great job, so how much you would earn in that strategy? i think it is big because you buy your localbitcoin in less than 9% and you sell it more than 2% and its different is more than 11%,
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
May 19, 2015, 04:35:51 PM
The mantra of Bitcoin Trading is Buy LOW Sell HIGH.
But it takes a lot of patience. You will have to wait for more than 6 months as the price might remain stable ( as you can see know ).

I have been trading bitcoins since 2012 and has been a nice investment. I buy low (-9%)  at LocalBitcoins and sell them at higher price (+2%)
Nice Strategy Wink
Pages:
Jump to: