Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Vs Bitcoin Cash - page 14. (Read 17219 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
October 02, 2017, 04:25:21 PM
In November there will be another Bitcoin Gold. But he has no chance. We have already seen that users are not interested in improved technical characteristics of the coin. Users like bitcoin original
Activity: 140
October 02, 2017, 04:01:15 PM
if already applied in the form of bitcoin cash I prefer cash because it is safer yes and even then according to the word
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
October 02, 2017, 02:23:11 PM
I think Bitcoin is better than Bitcoin cash and Bitcoin  cash can be termed as just another alt coin. Moreover the value of Bitcoin Cash is decreasing day by day where as Bitcoin graph is going up. So, investing in Bitcoin cash can't be termed as profitable on the long-term. Moreover Bitcoin cash also faces many challenges like Block size, lack of developer team and so on. So if, BCH wants to cross BTC it would take a lot of time to do that.
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
October 02, 2017, 02:08:41 PM
I think Bitcoin cash will have a place - as will Bitcoin, I always saw Bitcoin as a store of value.
Activity: 182
October 02, 2017, 02:08:33 PM
Bitcoin is more succesful than i thought.it s still awake but this didnt expect bitcoins value its so interesting.on the long-term we can see what will happen
Activity: 434
October 02, 2017, 02:05:11 PM
I don't think there was a huge backup behind bitcoin cash and I am sure that some bitcoin cash in permanent to this account of bitcoin. even there is a large number of exchange which are not supporting bitcoin cash and they advised there clients to withdraw there bitcoin cash. so in my personally I will do support at bitcoin cash.
Activity: 612
Merit: 250
October 02, 2017, 01:46:43 PM
I'm surprised BCash still has a multi-billion dollar market cap, it's quite high for a cryptocurrency with almost no usage and very few developers.
It is the right time to take the bitcoin and to make the currency and the cash vanish. The price of the bitcoin is very high and now people are investing in bitcoin. The future of the bitcoin is very bright it is the mother of the other coins now. It will take very small time and the value of the bitcoin will be very high as compare to the other currencies.
Activity: 364
October 02, 2017, 01:40:57 PM
For me, this split was not so necessary. Bitcoin cash is not so interesting as bitcoin. Don't even look like it goes further.
There are still many people supporting bitcoin cash due to many reasons. In some aspects, bitcoin cash does prove that it is better than bitcoin. Such as the speed of transaction, bitcoin cash can perform a 8mb block and it will make the transaction speed faster than usual
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
October 02, 2017, 08:57:38 AM
I do not think Bitcoin cash could overcome bitcoin in any scenario. It is doomed to be an altcoin.
Activity: 308
October 02, 2017, 08:48:20 AM
What do you think of Bitcoin Cash?
Do you think it will have the same value as Bitcoin or it will be just another Alt. Coin in the crypto market?

Could gold be beating bitcoin? I think this will not happen because bitcoin to this day is still very high price
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
October 02, 2017, 07:37:15 AM
Bitcoin Cash pros: A big argument for Bitcoin Cash is that because it allows for much larger blocks than Bitcoin Core, this will allow greater throughput (~24tx/sec max) & less backlog as well as lower fees. This lets Bitcoin Cash scale more and their argument would be it is more useful for peer to peer, for commerce and just everything. Additionally it does not include Segregated Witness (SegWit) (which some view as a positive since some see SegWit as less secure or having legal issues).

Bitcoin Cash cons: Against Bitcoin Cash we have arguments like it is more centralized due to small less well known development team and due to fewer people running Bitcoin Cash full nodes and higher cost to run a full node. It does not (yet) solve transaction malleability (SegWit) and so existing Lightning Network (LN) implementations won't be run on top of Bitcoin Cash at this time.

Bitcoin Core pros: Established large development team, robust network of nodes (less centralized), transaction malleability fix (SegWit) allows current Lighting Network to run on top of it. SegWit allows for double the existing transaction throughput of the current Bitcoin Core limit of ~3tx/sec to ~6tx/sec max once enough people are using SegWit style transactions.

Bitcoin Core cons: Even with SegWit transaction throughput is limited. Centralized control of development from Blockstream and very small group of prominent devs that effectively have control over changes. Some toxic developers. SegWit some believe is less secure or can lead to problems (this is of course highly disputed). Reliance on unproven solutions like LN to increase throughput/scale beyond block size limits.
(Note also that the Bitcoin Core chain may undergo a further hard fork later this year when SegWit2x forks off that chain. But no time here to describe those implications.)

A fair assessment.

But let's add to Bitcoin Cash Pros:
* 1162x lower fees than Kore BTC at the time of writing (source https://cashvscore.com/).
* Rapid adoption by exchanges and businesses
* resurrection of all old BTC use cases that were killed by high fees and long confirmation times (Satoshi Dice, reddit tipping, micropayments, are back etc.)

Also I think you're leaning too hard on transaction malleability. It was used by Mt Gox as an excuse for the stolen coins there, really they were just stolen. I haven't seen a report of malleability resulting in theft or losses. Nobody accepts zero-conf payments.

I know this forum is not a particularly favorable environment for BCH. But let's please just try to be honest and objective.

Ok, that's true for now, the fees are lower but are they going to be lower forever? Obviously exchanges adopted bitcoin cash but that's not a pro compared to bitcoin itself. It's true that there is a fight between bitcoin and bitcoin cash and both sides will support their coin no matter what.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
October 02, 2017, 05:44:36 AM
For me, this split was not so necessary. Bitcoin cash is not so interesting as bitcoin. Don't even look like it goes further.

Isn't Bitcoin Cash the "original bitcoin" created by Satoshi

AND

Bitcoin is the modified Bitcoin since it now contains Segwit?

Can someone who is an old btc member clarify this for me please? Thank you.

Nope.

Segwit is just an upgrade and a scaling solution without making the network centralized

Bcash's 8mb blocksize will get rid of most of the average node runners and only miners will be running nodes in the future. That means only those who mine bitcoins will be able to verify transactions but not you and me. How is that sounding you as the "original bitcoin" ?

if bcash was the original bitcoin, we wouldn't call  it bcash  instead of bitcoin, don't we?

If you think bcash is the original bitcoin, you are free to call it "bitcoin". Some people already do that.

I can even call litecoin as the true bitcoin and find many followers.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
October 02, 2017, 05:39:35 AM

AND

I guess neither can be called the "original Bitcoin"

For example, the Bitcoin that Satoshi created had first had 32 megabyte block size (if I'm not mistaken) which was later changed to 1 megabyte by Satoshi himself. After he had left, there were a few other major changes to Bitcoin (even without SegWit), so what we see today as Bitcoin Core is like Microsoft Windows 7 vs Windows 95. The same basically pertains to Bitcoin Cash even though it lacks SegWit. It could be argued that the latter is somewhat closer to the original Bitcoin, but neither is it by any means
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
October 02, 2017, 05:23:03 AM

AND

Activity: 29
October 02, 2017, 05:20:09 AM
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
October 02, 2017, 03:05:15 AM
Bitcoin Cash pros: A big argument for Bitcoin Cash is that because it allows for much larger blocks than Bitcoin Core, this will allow greater throughput (~24tx/sec max) & less backlog as well as lower fees. This lets Bitcoin Cash scale more and their argument would be it is more useful for peer to peer, for commerce and just everything. Additionally it does not include Segregated Witness (SegWit) (which some view as a positive since some see SegWit as less secure or having legal issues).

Bitcoin Cash cons: Against Bitcoin Cash we have arguments like it is more centralized due to small less well known development team and due to fewer people running Bitcoin Cash full nodes and higher cost to run a full node. It does not (yet) solve transaction malleability (SegWit) and so existing Lightning Network (LN) implementations won't be run on top of Bitcoin Cash at this time.

Bitcoin Core pros: Established large development team, robust network of nodes (less centralized), transaction malleability fix (SegWit) allows current Lighting Network to run on top of it. SegWit allows for double the existing transaction throughput of the current Bitcoin Core limit of ~3tx/sec to ~6tx/sec max once enough people are using SegWit style transactions.

Bitcoin Core cons: Even with SegWit transaction throughput is limited. Centralized control of development from Blockstream and very small group of prominent devs that effectively have control over changes. Some toxic developers. SegWit some believe is less secure or can lead to problems (this is of course highly disputed). Reliance on unproven solutions like LN to increase throughput/scale beyond block size limits.
(Note also that the Bitcoin Core chain may undergo a further hard fork later this year when SegWit2x forks off that chain. But no time here to describe those implications.)

A fair assessment.

But let's add to Bitcoin Cash Pros:
* 1162x lower fees than Kore BTC at the time of writing (source https://cashvscore.com/).
* Rapid adoption by exchanges and businesses
* resurrection of all old BTC use cases that were killed by high fees and long confirmation times (Satoshi Dice, reddit tipping, micropayments, are back etc.)

Also I think you're leaning too hard on transaction malleability. It was used by Mt Gox as an excuse for the stolen coins there, really they were just stolen. I haven't seen a report of malleability resulting in theft or losses. Nobody accepts zero-conf payments.

I know this forum is not a particularly favorable environment for BCH. But let's please just try to be honest and objective.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
October 01, 2017, 10:11:07 PM
What do you think of Bitcoin Cash?
Do you think it will have the same value as Bitcoin or it will be just another Alt. Coin in the crypto market?

It's purely an alt for me. It will just go down in history and people will just talk about it just like other altcoins like a pump and dump coin. Why do I need to invest in it when there is the great bitcoin all along? It just makes confusion and some received it for free which I don't really like.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
October 01, 2017, 08:56:55 PM
I think so far the price of Bitcoin cash is quite active in the market and is now starting to increase, but in my opinion it is still under the influence of bitcoin. And to be able to compete with bitcoin would take a relatively long time
I think there is hardly any difference between the two. Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash are very much close to each other. I think if you to do trading, then it is better for you to keep your assets in the form of Bitcoin cash. Otherwise, Bitcoin is a very good option as far as holding is concerned.
The potential of this both coins are different, for me bitcoin and bitcoin cash are valuable. Because in term of coin bitcoin was on the number 1 spot and I know that they deserve it. While bitcoin cash is an altcoin that trying to follow the foot step of bitcoin, honestly on the first time I encountered bitcoin cash I don't like it. But time will come and I realized that this altcoin had seen of a great potential, I believe that in the future bitcoin cash was surpass the ethereum at their spot.
Activity: 70
October 01, 2017, 08:20:04 PM

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
October 01, 2017, 07:19:30 PM
Bitcoin cash is nothing but another copied cryptocurrency. It's ultimately a scam, it's value is only as high as it is because it was distributed to a lot of users, as you can see now, the price is crashing hard even tho the other cryptocurrencies are going up, there is really no substance to bitcoin cash. I wouldn't buy any.
Pages:
Jump to: