Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for Android - page 5. (Read 121199 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
June 10, 2014, 06:53:12 PM
Is this wallet still available? I can find Andreas Schildbach's apps on Google Play, all but the actual wallet.

I have the same question too. I see that there are few updates. Is this wallet ok to use? Besides having a problem when having lots of transactions is there any other big issue with this wallet?

Is there another decent/better Android Wallet?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
June 03, 2014, 09:18:37 AM
It became even worse...I can't use the App at all because it crashes after 3 seconds. I can't send anything and it displays a wrong amount of BTC. I tried to restore the backup but I got an error in openssl because the file wasn't readable because of a bug in an older version of the app...so I had to download the latest version of the app, create another backup, which was pretty annoying because the app crashed all the time...and then, finally I was able to load the new backup file in openssl. But the output file is unreadable.....god damn...this is the most annoying wallet ever -.-

Edit: Sorry, I was pissed off...the wallet is annoying....but it's also the one withe the best unser interface...just...please fix these problems Wink
Edit2: I was able to import the backup into the Mycelium Wallet...a very stable Android Wallet btw...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
May 15, 2014, 05:49:04 AM
It always queries the DNS seeds at startup so it gets a list of online nodes very fast. Core tries old nodes for a while that may have gone offline.
Activity: 56
Merit: 7
May 14, 2014, 12:34:23 PM
I am using this android wallet now for a 2 months and it is surprisingly fast in transactions, almost instantly. That is also the question I have, how can it be so fast? Does it have special well-connected nodes in its list?

Now I also noticed how 'slow' my bitcoin core v0.9.1.0-g026a939-beta (64-bit) on my desktop pc (kubuntu) is when I send a transaction. It takes almost a minute before the transaction shows up on blockchain.info, where using the android wallet it shows up instantly. I already used addnode= command in the bitcoin.conf file to add five 'fallback' nodes from here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Fallback_Nodes.
May 10, 2014, 02:13:07 AM
K, I used the App for miner payouts :/ Damn...but good to know that you're working on it...
Activity: 483
Merit: 501
May 09, 2014, 05:00:44 PM
The limiting factor is not really the total number of transactions. What's more relevant is how many people are being paid by one transaction. A standard Bitcoin transaction only pays you. Mining and gambling payouts tend to pay thousands of people at once, and that is something we didn't really plan for. We're working on it.
May 09, 2014, 02:09:19 AM
This is a known issue.
It's a HUGE issue! The app became very useless for me within the last few weeks. It's very very slow and crashes a lot.

- Galaxy S4
- Cyanogenmod 11.0
- 11 Addresses
- 500+ Transactions
legendary
April 16, 2014, 07:18:54 AM
How many transactions and addresses are you in your wallet?

Bitcoin Wallet doesn't scale well to very large wallets. This is a known issue.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
April 13, 2014, 12:18:36 AM
On A gs3 running 4.3 I find the wallet tends to block a LOT when switching to it after a short idle time.  I suspect this is a result of having an address book entry for every transaction as it seems to get worse each day.  Just fyi.
legendary
April 09, 2014, 10:43:05 AM
There might be an issue for people on Android 4.1.1 only, which is about 4% of users. Andreas pushed an update that disables exchange rate fetching and the payment protocol for those users - hopefully a better update will come soon.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 08, 2014, 07:04:22 PM
Does this app need an update for the SSL bug?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
April 02, 2014, 10:43:38 PM
Is this wallet still available? I can find Andreas Schildbach's apps on Google Play, all but the actual wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
March 02, 2014, 03:23:02 PM
I received some 1Sotchi spam to my android wallet, and after upgrade they were gone.  How will this spam be handled?  Is it completely removed from my wallet and will stay in the UTXO set forever?  Or just removed from my sight (thank you) and will be spent as an extra input to my next transactions, and just left as a fee?  A two input -> two output tx with a txfee of 0.00010001 will probably get confirmed just as fast as a one input -> two output tx with a standard txfee of 0.0001, but the first is IMHO better because it helps reduce the UTXO set.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 28, 2014, 03:23:04 AM
Saw your message on
[Bitcoin-development] Experiment with linking payment requests via href

We could work out the way to handle payment via href in our browser to Bitcoin Wallet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zetakey.browser

Any ideas?
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
January 19, 2014, 06:23:34 PM
Can you send me a crash report? In the generated mail, please refer to this thread.

how? - Figured it out Wink have sent it - fingers crossed there is some answers there.
Activity: 483
Merit: 501
January 19, 2014, 05:06:14 PM
Can you send me a crash report? In the generated mail, please refer to this thread.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
January 19, 2014, 04:42:11 PM
I'm having some issues with my wallet keep crashing - i am using a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 - i regularly get this error message - The application Bitcoin (process de.schildbach.wallet) has stopped unexpectedly.

Do you have any recommendations on how to fix this? Its making the wallet pretty much unusable.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
December 31, 2013, 08:04:12 AM
Couldn't the online device create the tx and it would know how to do the fees while all the offline device just does the final signing? The online device creates the tx. Offline device scans qr code to get tx details. Signs it and creates a qr code that the online device scans to get the completed tx.

Absolutely - although the offline device cannot know the tx fee as it is not *in* the raw tx - the main problem is being sure that what you are signing is what you *think* that you are signing.

To most people who *do* raw tx's regularly (such as myself) this is not an issue (and I would love to be able to use an old mobile phone rather than something like a Trezor which *says you have bitcoins*) but I can understand that for most people this is perhaps a little too advanced.

As stated I would be willing to contribute BTC to get this developed - and I guess if others are also keen and we can come up with a reasonable amount for the task then perhaps someone might build it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
December 31, 2013, 12:58:58 AM
the author is not keen to implement this due to the fact that if you're offline device has no block chain then it cannot know the amount of fee that is being paid (something that could perhaps be added to the script implementation down the track if there is enough demand).
Couldn't the online device create the tx and it would know how to do the fees while all the offline device just does the final signing? The online device creates the tx. Offline device scans qr code to get tx details. Signs it and creates a qr code that the online device scans to get the completed tx.
Pages:
Jump to: