Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will kill alt coins - page 10. (Read 1615 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 110
December 11, 2017, 11:07:52 AM
I agree with you in terms of short term trading. BTC is king because of mass adoption. Everyone tom, dick, and harry is just now finding about bitcoin causing the price to surge higher. However, when these toms, dicks, and harrys learn about how much faster, more scalable, more secure, and more anonymous other altcoins are, im confident they will also then move their investments from bitcoin to altcoins.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
December 11, 2017, 10:53:56 AM
Bitcoin does not seem to stop growing

2018 Altcoin is dead

I have to disagree. Altcoins has a different market. There are a lot of hardcore altcoins investors who doesn't want to invest in bitcoin. So the market will not die down easily. And as much as investors flocking to the bitcoin ecosystem, there are also fresh blood being pump into the altcoin as well. Maybe bitcoin is really gaining a lot because of so much positive news around like the traditional financial institutions getting into the bitcoin picture.

But there are a lot of companies who are partnering themselves in altcoin like Microsoft, IBM and Accenture. And recently, Ethereum and IOTA is booming because of this news. So I doubt that altcoin will be dead, on the contrary it could boom next year.

Yup, most solid alt coins are holding their USD value pretty well even in this bullish BTC run.

I would expect another april-may level bullrun in alts during 2018 as mass adoption of them becomes prevalent.

If my memory serves me right. This year March - June is the best months for bitcoin. Ethereum hit its all-time-high during that time and a lot of altcoins also has a massive jump. Let's see next year though, but I'm counting that it will be the same.

Both bitcoin and altcoin need each other to survived, Its a perfect example of homogenous market.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
December 11, 2017, 10:47:20 AM
Some alts are going to die on 2018 and maybe some at the end of this year... But altcoins like Dogecoin will resist.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
December 11, 2017, 10:45:02 AM
I think as Bitcoin will grow so will alt coins. It will follow its trail almost, at a different price obviously, but of course go up
Activity: 145
Merit: 11
December 11, 2017, 10:44:17 AM
Yup, most solid alt coins are holding their USD value pretty well even in this bullish BTC run.

I would expect another april-may level bullrun in alts during 2018 as mass adoption of them becomes prevalent.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Prontapay
December 11, 2017, 10:42:16 AM
Dont panic.Bitcoin is getting to its all time avarage.It may take some time,but sooner or later it will happen.
And when it happens,people will start moving their dollars into alts so profit train doesnt stop.Peoples greed is an unlimited resource.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
December 11, 2017, 10:30:03 AM
no it won't "kill" them.
altcoins exist because bitcoin exists and as long a bitcoin exists and it is rising, altcoins will exist. because us bitcoin investors want some place where we can easily invest our bitcoin and get more profit out and what place better than a shitcoin that is getting pumped and dumped.

it may however end up creating lots more altcoins.
Activity: 116
Merit: 36
December 11, 2017, 10:05:48 AM
No you're wrong. Most alts are superior to Bitcoin in terms of speed, scalability, security, anonimity...
So if BTC community keeps fighting each other with these hardforks it will probably be the other way around: alts will kill bitcoin.
Activity: 402
Merit: 254
December 11, 2017, 10:00:38 AM
Bitcoin does not seem to stop growing

2018 Altcoin is dead
Pages:
Jump to: