Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin won't live to see the next 10 years - page 12. (Read 2941 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
October 06, 2017, 07:50:24 PM
I voted yes!
If we take the information from above, with the debt
countries are in and how fiat can collapse, what else
is there to fall back on only crypto where there is already
Quite a substantial amount of investment
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
October 06, 2017, 07:45:26 PM
In light of such news as this and the latest bans in China. Personally, it seems more to me that regulators over the world can still find the ways to ban bitcoin. Therefore, the altcoins have more chances to survive.
"Not shure" voted.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
October 06, 2017, 07:42:23 PM
The US economy is $20 trillion in debt. The EU was 12 trillion euros in debt at last count before the EU debt clock website (http://www.eudebtclock.org) was censored & taken offline & search engine results were scrubbed to make it difficult to find info on what current EU outstanding debt is.

People often question whether bitcoin/crypto will survive and have longevity moving into the future.

I'm not certain anyone realizes how close american and european fiat may be to imminent collapse.

True that, dude you should check the international dept and not only the national one...crazy numbers. Not sure if it all accurate but still impressive...http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

I am not so sure about bitcoin, it might end up as a store of value because of the popularity.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
October 06, 2017, 07:36:12 PM
The US economy is $20 trillion in debt. The EU was 12 trillion euros in debt at last count before the EU debt clock website (http://www.eudebtclock.org) was censored & taken offline & search engine results were scrubbed to make it difficult to find info on what current EU outstanding debt is.

People often question whether bitcoin/crypto will survive and have longevity moving into the future.

I'm not certain anyone realizes how close american and european fiat may be to imminent collapse.
Activity: 583
Merit: 503
October 06, 2017, 07:33:34 PM
Voted 'yes'. I presume Bitcoin will still be around in 10 years but probably won't be the leading coin in the world of cryptocurrencies anymore. It is getting outdated as you sort of mention in the OP and other, better performing altcoins are already emerging rapidly. BTC dominance in the total market capitalization is 49% nowadays, a huge drop compared to the 80 - 90% we've seen up until march this year.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
October 06, 2017, 06:55:28 PM
Quick Disclaimer:
1. I'm not here to support any shitcoin.
2. We're all gathered here because of bitcoin, so it's hard for me to see it fading way.

Bitcoin was designed not be fully anonymous since transactions were open permanently for the public to view.
Authorities and security agencies were able to trace the bitcoin owners based metadata and transaction pattern, history and so on.

Some developers understand this issue and they go ahead to create some new altcoins which they are fully anonymous by implementing new hashing algorithms on their very new altcoins such as Dash, Monero, Zcash and Zcoin.

So why the bitcoin "hard fork" instead of updating the original bitcoin core?
Forked coins like BitcoinCash & BitcoinGold are moving from ASICs to GPU mining for faster transactions, why not BTC?
Why not update bitcoin mining algorithm to Equihash (zk-snarks) like Zcash and the next upcoming Bitcoin Gold BTG? 

Instead of updating the original bitcoin core to have more secure and fast transactions with lower xt fee, yet making hard forks!
I think hard forks will soon kill the original bitcoin.

What do you think, huh? Share with us what you think. thanks Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: