Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoinica stolen coin returns - page 3. (Read 13110 times)

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
May 21, 2012, 11:49:01 AM
A state? There is no body of politics or elections or government laws, there are no lines drawn on a map and there is no involuntary participation. How does my example in any way resemble a state?
Wanna bet on how long it will stay that way, with all the "contracts" you are signing?

Yes, let's not cut out the cancer because it might grow back.. Roll Eyes
In that case, do you care to explain why previous attempts at anarchy have all failed in the long run? Just for my amusement, of course.

What attempts?
Any. Unless you can point to some places with no government, over which no government has influence, and which still exist. I doubt that there are many, and I doubt that any such places that exist can scale up in size.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
May 21, 2012, 11:48:01 AM
If he really wanna distribute the coins in the robin hood fashion he'd donate to p2pool.
This way the coins would be evenly and most untraceable distributed and it would make p2pool the largest pool.

Anyone checked the balance of this supposed giveback account, there are like 13coins on there, now that's pathetic.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
May 21, 2012, 11:45:52 AM
A state? There is no body of politics or elections or government laws, there are no lines drawn on a map and there is no involuntary participation. How does my example in any way resemble a state?
Wanna bet on how long it will stay that way, with all the "contracts" you are signing?

In that case, do you care to explain why previous attempts at anarchy have all failed in the long run? Just for my amusement, of course.

What attempts?
rjk
1ngldh
May 21, 2012, 11:42:30 AM

legendary
May 21, 2012, 11:40:03 AM

rjk
1ngldh
May 21, 2012, 11:38:04 AM
legendary
May 21, 2012, 11:35:17 AM
I don't consent to your "no murder" rule. Now what?

That's ok. Me and my friends who do accept this rule have decided to not offer you our services, so if you need food, you wont get it from us, if you need a job, you wont get it from us, if you need a place to live, we wont sell it to you. You can go into the wilderness and live among those who share your views.

Btw we hired this excellent security firm that will use deadly force in case you try to hurt us to get any of the above stuff by using force.

How does that sound?
Sounds like you just started a State. Well done, you win the anarchy game!

A state? There is no body of politics or elections or government laws, there are no lines drawn on a map and there is no involuntary participation and no one has "authority" over anyone else. How does my example in any way resemble a state?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
May 21, 2012, 11:33:51 AM

That's ok. Me and my friends who do accept this rule have decided to not offer you our services, so if you need food, you wont get it from us, if you need a job, you wont get it from us, if you need a place to live, we wont sell it to you. You can go into the wilderness and live among those who share your views.

Btw we hired this excellent security firm that will use deadly force in case you try to hurt us to get any of the above stuff by using force.

How does that sound?
Sounds like you just started a State. Well done, you win the anarchy game!
legendary
May 21, 2012, 11:33:31 AM
The state doesn't create laws.

People create laws by singing contracts between each other. That's what contracts are = private law between the signatory parties.
legendary
Activity: 1358
May 21, 2012, 11:31:23 AM

How does that sound?

WTF Are you Cristopher Columbus? It seems you just discovered America lol
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
May 21, 2012, 11:30:04 AM
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but we're already living in a state of complete anarchy. We always have been and we always will be.

The state doesn't create laws. Laws cannot be broken. The state creates threats. And sometimes they act on those threats with violence. What separates the state from legitimate defense organizations is that the state continually violates the non-aggression principle. We know this to be true because the funding for the state comes from theft, i.e. taxes.

The state is nothing more than a gigantic criminal organization. When we say we want to abolish the state, we mean forever.
legendary
May 21, 2012, 11:29:12 AM

How does that sound?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
May 21, 2012, 11:26:35 AM
legendary
May 21, 2012, 11:24:53 AM
Anarchy != chaos.

Anarchy == society with some private mandatory and consistent rules.
Who enforces them?

Rules are private, so who do you think?
So we can go around killing each other for whatever reason? Nice way to devolve back into the fucking Dark Ages.

People would voluntarily sign up to receive a service that might/will kill them? You know that round thing between your shoulders attached to your neck? Try to use it.
Activity: 597
May 21, 2012, 11:21:16 AM
Always the same shit.

1- Start a quite unsecure service
2- Get some BTC in it
3- Start a marketing campaign
4- Get more BTC from customers
5- Change the admin password in your service as a cracker would do
6- Transfer the funds from the cold storage to another of your addresses
7- Put shorts in BTC
7- Claim a bad hack stole all the funds badly
8- Send small transfers with some geeky binary message
9- Spread some coins to charity and donation addresses.
10- Wait in the forums laughing while the purity monks claim for tainting coins
11 - Earn more money because the shorts and the purity monks

We really need the coin melting laundry service
rjk
1ngldh
May 21, 2012, 11:20:27 AM
Anarchy != chaos.

Who enforces them?

So we can go around killing each other for whatever reason? Nice way to devolve back into the fucking Dark Ages.
legendary
May 21, 2012, 11:20:09 AM
    • The government does have the authority to investigate and prosecute these cases
    • Everyone with information on these cases should cooperate with law enforcement's investigation
    • Even confidential information on these cases should be shared with law enforcement after they have followed due process for their jurisdiction

The government doesn't have the *moral* authority to give candy to a baby let alone prosecute anyone for theft. I would discourage everyone from ever going to the state for help, period.

That being said, the individual that stole the coins can ethically be forced to pay restitution, but I wouldn't look to the government to do it. This is why we need competing defense agencies and dispute resolution organizations.

That's interesting.  Shocked So which is it Luke?[/list]
    legendary
    May 21, 2012, 11:19:11 AM
    Anarchy != chaos.

Who enforces them?

legendary
    May 21, 2012, 11:18:48 AM
    I'm sorry but you have been mislead. Anarchy is a society not without rules but witout ruleRs. There certainly are rules in anarchy, it's just that they are private, mandatory, consistent and above all else voluntary(meaning no one is forced to sing a contract to follow those rules and be part of such a society).

Anarchy != chaos.

anarchy
      • absence of government
      • a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority
      • absence or denial of any authority or established order
      • absence of order : disorder

I was not talking about a word, I was talking about the real world circumstances. Describe a society with some private, mandatory and consistent rules how ever you like. I only used the word anarchy because most people use that word to describe such a society where there is no central authority and no monopoly on violence i.e. a government.
    Activity: 614
    May 21, 2012, 11:18:11 AM
      • The government does have the authority to investigate and prosecute these cases
      • Everyone with information on these cases should cooperate with law enforcement's investigation
      • Even confidential information on these cases should be shared with law enforcement after they have followed due process for their jurisdiction

The government doesn't have the *moral* authority to give candy to a baby let alone prosecute anyone for theft. I would discourage everyone from ever going to the state for help, period.

That being said, the individual that stole the coins can ethically be forced to pay restitution, but I wouldn't look to the government to do it. This is why we need competing defense agencies and dispute resolution organizations. [/list]
      Pages:
      Jump to: