Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoinity.org/markets - live bitcoin price charts - page 17. (Read 211496 times)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Any chance we can get the order book (like Clark Moody). I mean the cumulative depth chart / order change bars are great for a quick glance, but when trying to compete with fractions of cents on bids/asks you really need the raw data.

Just wondering: what's the problem with going to Clark Moody for the raw data?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Any chance we can get the order book (like Clark Moody). I mean the cumulative depth chart / order change bars are great for a quick glance, but when trying to compete with fractions of cents on bids/asks you really need the raw data.
Activity: 247
Merit: 252
How about using the same (neutral) colour above and below the line, since it's just a trading band?

Possible, but probably doesn't look as cool Wink

ie. do they "show you maximum bid and minimum ask" or "show you maximum and minimum traded prices"?

They don't show spread. They show minimum and maximum price at which trades took place in given time.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
the red + greed area is where actual trades took place

Altough with red/green shadows I added it will be a bit weird, because if vwap will be higher in given timespan there would be more red and less green (which seems a bit counter-intuitive). Maybe I should just switch red with green there (but red for higher values?) I'll think about it.

How about using the same (neutral) colour above and below the line, since it's just a trading band?

From WTF: "Green and red areas near the yellow line show you maximum and minimum price"

Do they show the spread, whether actually traded or not?  Or the range of trades?

ie. do they "show you maximum bid and minimum ask" or "show you maximum and minimum traded prices"?
Activity: 247
Merit: 252
Market depth hint issues should be fixed now (you need to refresh).

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the yellow line show the timeframe's vwap?

Yeah, that's how it should be. Altough with red/green shadows I added it will be a bit weird, because if vwap will be higher in given timespan there would be more red and less green (which seems a bit counter-intuitive). Maybe I should just switch red with green there (but red for higher values?) I'll think about it.

This is caused by different resolution of chart when you load graph the first time and then when it gets updated. Obviously a bug, although I'm still unsure which version to choose. This one on the left has more points on the chart, but to me personalty version on the right seems more clear even though it has less data points. Making decisions is so hard.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Apologies if this was mentioned before. Just joining this long long thread now …

I really love bitcoinity.org/markets and especially the red/green-update as these jittery lines from before or from other charts don't add much value but I have a suggestion for that yellow line. I assume the red + greed area is where actual trades took place and the yellow line is kind of a slow pace snapshot, right? That would make the yellow line kind of random. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the yellow line show the timeframe's vwap?
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
loving the fact you added AUD to the graphs Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
Note the difference after 9:00

I think you'll find that the part after 9:00 is the part that happened since you last reloaded.  The chart that appears as you watch looks qualitatively different that the part that appears when you first load the page.  Not sure why; maybe that's a bug.
That's what I thought Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

I think you'll find that the part after 9:00 is the part that happened since you last reloaded.  The chart that appears as you watch looks qualitatively different that the part that appears when you first load the page.  Not sure why; maybe that's a bug.
Activity: 10
Bitstamp chart doesn't work.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
Since a while ago the chart is not updating properly. It looks like this and I have to reload:

Activity: 9
Hey Comboy, thanks for the great service. I just noticed this today:

http://i.imgur.com/9odfLCU.png

I wish 2BTC were worth 112 Million dollars! Anyway, wanted to give you a heads up about a fringe bug. None of the other price points near there showed values that high, so it's perhaps due to the flat(ish) spread that existed at that time? It's also interesting that it says that BTC must be sold when I'm pointing at the red line.

Edit:

Hmm, here's another one that didn't appear at the bottom:

http://i.imgur.com/76oiPHf.png
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Can anyone help me understand the different charts on:

Bitcoin-Analytics.com

Huh Huh

PMed you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Can anyone help me understand the different charts on:

Bitcoin-Analytics.com

Huh Huh
bitcoincentral last update 19h ago??
Apparently selling at $160. Looks dead to me.
https://bitcoin-central.net/?currency=USD&

Their EUR market seems to be somewhat more active...
will we ever see candlesticks on bitcoinity?

You already can! Just enter http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/ in the addressbar, if you like them candles...

Activity: 33
will we ever see candlesticks on bitcoinity?
Activity: 39
With a free account in cloudflare you can also mitigate some DDOS.
Uhh, not according to their site.

Apparently selling at $160. Looks dead to me.
https://bitcoin-central.net/?currency=USD&

Activity: 325
Merit: 250
rme
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
Yes, I'm under ddos, I'm doing what I can.

Hooray it's back. You are a legend. I'm guessing your donations don't cover the $200 a month for CloudFlare?
https://www.cloudflare.com/plans

With a free account in cloudflare you can also mitigate some DDOS.
Pages:
Jump to: