Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitcoinMax.com] Closed - page 12. (Read 190166 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
September 08, 2012, 04:40:53 PM
I would imagine it will be difficult to prosecute as BTC is a virtual item, which is not recognised as currency in most juristictions.

Couple that with the fact the fact that Pirate is probably not his real name etc etc and proving that he is the one who people sent all their coins to will be difficult.  Added to which, most of the investment was done via pass throughts or secondary agents etc.

You can see that it is not simple to investigate or prove and thats if any law enforcement is actually interested.

Oh, so theft is only theft if it's a currency? That's good to know, can I have your address real quick? I'm sure you have lots of non currency items in your house.

Tangibility and legal tender status aren't the issue.

BTC are not only virtual items, they are virtual items produced solely by voluntary, willful participation in an ongoing experiment requiring the affirmative consent of us test subjects.

Think of them as 'almost' a real thing that may be stolen.  Beta-testing stage proto-property, if you will.

You can "steal" bitcoins exactly as much as you can "steal" monopoly money from other players during the game.  IE, not at all (except in the metaphorical sense).

Doing so is against the rules of the game, and may cause people to no longer wish to play with you again, but never becomes a real-world legal issue.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
September 08, 2012, 07:56:54 AM
I would imagine it will be difficult to prosecute as BTC is a virtual item, which is not recognised as currency in most juristictions.

Couple that with the fact the fact that Pirate is probably not his real name etc etc and proving that he is the one who people sent all their coins to will be difficult.  Added to which, most of the investment was done via pass throughts or secondary agents etc.

You can see that it is not simple to investigate or prove and thats if any law enforcement is actually interested.

Oh, so theft is only theft if it's a currency? That's good to know, can I have your address real quick? I'm sure you have lots of non currency items in your house.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
September 08, 2012, 07:53:47 AM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
September 08, 2012, 07:48:35 AM
So, really... Did pirate just run away and disappear? Is that really what happened?

People are realising the joys of irreversible transactions!

I am most certainly a noob who just invested all my money in pirate. Thank you for pointing out how new I am and how I just now realized what a pickle this fiasco could be!

That aside, I'm asking, someone steals 500k BTC, and no one is doing anything about it, yet.
Is anyone actually able to do anything here? Like, really able? Can one sue? Can anyone take legal action?

What part am I missing that is putting all the major players in this game off from doing anything against pirate?

They most certainly wont be posting about it publicly on a forum pirate is most likely reading.

Agreed, I said that before as well in another thread.

Im also surprised how this shit storm seems to be calming down. From what Ive read this is something that happens regularly on these forums, its almost as if scamming the BTC community is something normal here

It's been almost three weeks, what do you expect? Besides, the people who are actually doing something about it probably aren't going to post on a forum about it, especially since he (pirate) reads it.

Activity: 686
Wat
September 08, 2012, 04:26:52 AM
So, really... Did pirate just run away and disappear? Is that really what happened?

I am most certainly a noob who just invested all my money in pirate. Thank you for pointing out how new I am and how I just now realized what a pickle this fiasco could be!

That aside, I'm asking, someone steals 500k BTC, and no one is doing anything about it, yet.
Is anyone actually able to do anything here? Like, really able? Can one sue? Can anyone take legal action?

What part am I missing that is putting all the major players in this game off from doing anything against pirate?

They most certainly wont be posting about it publicly on a forum pirate is most likely reading.
Activity: 695
September 08, 2012, 04:17:38 AM
I am most certainly a noob who just invested all my money in pirate.

The lesson to learn here, then, and the first step to leave your "noobness" behind would be:

Quote from: absolute truism, but never said enough
Never put ALL your anything in any single place.

Edit: Ok, I'm just realizing the sarcasm...  Cheesy

Anyway, the post stands, addressed to the real noobs out there...  Wink

The mathematical expression of this simple truth is the Kelly criterion.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
September 07, 2012, 07:58:20 PM
I am most certainly a noob who just invested all my money in pirate.

The lesson to learn here, then, and the first step to leave your "noobness" behind would be:

Quote from: absolute truism, but never said enough
Never put ALL your anything in any single place.

Edit: Ok, I'm just realizing the sarcasm...  Cheesy

Anyway, the post stands, addressed to the real noobs out there...  Wink
Activity: 322
We are bees, and we hate you.
September 07, 2012, 07:31:47 PM

Activity: 325
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
September 07, 2012, 05:07:43 PM

Activity: 868
September 07, 2012, 04:58:37 PM

Activity: 252
September 07, 2012, 09:36:33 AM
Paybtc, would you mind answering my PM?!?!?!?!
+1

i don't mind at all... i will answer your pm along with all my other pms. can't give you an eta though.

Ok, that calms me down, a bit.
Activity: 686
Wat
September 07, 2012, 05:37:22 AM
Maybe pirate was just running a pass-through for Zeek Rewards.  The timing is certainly suspect:
  • Jan 2011 Zeek Rewards opens, paying out 1.5% daily (established long before pirate setup shop)
  • Aug 17th 2012 SEC files complaint and Zeek Rewards subsequently shuts down it's website

1.5% daily is enough cream on the top to accommodate for small changes in bitcoin price.
Perhaps pirate's request for PPT operators was more to get a count of how many were affected (for the SEC?).

I really don't know but I just heard about Zeek Rewards and I'm rather surprised that nobody else on the forums seem to have tried to link pirate with it yet.

I think you hit the mail on the head.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
September 07, 2012, 04:53:52 AM
So...is anybody still interested in buying a bitcoinmax account with a 1k btc balance?  Let me know...

I have created a thread for offers:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1k-btc-bitcoinmax-account-for-sale-106277

Please stop, letting the Sirs make fun of you and getting them away with your coins !

Thanks Zyk
zyk
September 07, 2012, 04:49:41 AM
update 2012-08-30:
bitcoin max is now closed.

Would you mind , Sir, changing the above, even as there is a weekend coming.

Cause thats what "bitcoinmix" will distinguish from the ordenary and makes sure that your next paycheck is a huge one.

Thanks Zyk
zyk
September 07, 2012, 04:42:22 AM

If the source of the fog is already oscuring your views, may be changing it wipes the tears off your eyes Wink

ZYK, you sir are suffering from a dreadful affliction known as

And you , Sir , are congratulated, as you seemingly are well trained to find the essence in such matters Cheesy

Thank you Sir

Zyk
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 07, 2012, 04:30:15 AM

If the source of the fog is already obscuring your views, may be changing it, wipes the tears off your eyes Wink

diarrhea of the mouth.....

And he's talking all over the walls.

The bamboozled dog seems a bit obstipated lately, pay your dept to hgmnicha !, or make sure not standing with your back to this wall, when not only my liquid feedback

is sprayed on it Wink

Liquid feedback. I love it.
zyk
September 07, 2012, 04:26:13 AM

If the source of the fog is already obscuring your views, may be changing it, wipes the tears off your eyes Wink

diarrhea of the mouth.....

And he's talking all over the walls.
[/quote]

The bamboozled dog seems a bit obstipated lately, pay your dept to hgmnicha !, or make sure not standing with your back to this wall, when not only my liquid feedback

is sprayed on it Wink
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
September 07, 2012, 01:43:09 AM
+1

i don't mind at all... i will answer your pm along with all my other pms. can't give you an eta though.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
September 07, 2012, 01:23:49 AM
+1
Activity: 461
Merit: 251
September 06, 2012, 11:37:34 PM
So...is anybody still interested in buying a bitcoinmax account with a 1k btc balance?  Let me know...

I have created a thread for offers:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1k-btc-bitcoinmax-account-for-sale-106277
Pages:
Jump to: