Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 16. (Read 164803 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
December 16, 2016, 01:41:37 PM
I understand the posts quality feature coudnt be accurate but it was a start investigating over accounts. I am able to look at the quality by myself if other indicators move up to a good account but i woudnt bother at all if your estimator (for example) tagged it as "Very poor". Can anyone point me at an account with "Very poor" post quality (by achow's estimator) that isnt REALLy "Very poor"? Same would happen for "Excellent" or "Very good": i still have to find someone with "Very good" post quality from your old estimator that wasnt really "Very good" or "Good" at least.
What i'm trying to say: put it back! It isnt accurate...but everyone know that. Someone says your estimator isnt accurate in pricing too: are you going to shut down this great tool because many whiners say "it isnt accurate"?
This is a great tool and it helps a lot, dont take off features, that's a step backward.
~Gun

I don't think it is a step backward.  Someone looking into buying an account could easily manage to deduce the quality of posts written by the owner of the account in question; this is just a tool to easier agree on an acceptable price for the account.  I would not trust the results of a machine deciding on someone's post quality, but rather decide for myself.
This just for estimation and this is a good thing that you can have an idea but you have a point every thing in this machine like length of the post the more words or long your post it can be consider as high quality poster. but the post if it is a great grammar or readable they can not scan it you should check it for your self to prove that the account is high quality and the estimated price is still not a good base price just always check the account post to make sure it is good or not.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 614
Liable for what i say, not for what you understand
December 16, 2016, 01:37:29 PM
Someone looking into buying an account
Which is deprecable and discouraged tho: lenders use this to see if borrowers are asking loans as a "forced" sale of their accounts

I would not trust the results of a machine deciding on someone's post quality, but rather decide for myself.
So you let a machine deciding on someone's account value or do you decide that by yourself too?
(i hope you see my point now)

~Gun
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
December 16, 2016, 01:30:32 PM
I understand the posts quality feature coudnt be accurate but it was a start investigating over accounts. I am able to look at the quality by myself if other indicators move up to a good account but i woudnt bother at all if your estimator (for example) tagged it as "Very poor". Can anyone point me at an account with "Very poor" post quality (by achow's estimator) that isnt REALLy "Very poor"? Same would happen for "Excellent" or "Very good": i still have to find someone with "Very good" post quality from your old estimator that wasnt really "Very good" or "Good" at least.
What i'm trying to say: put it back! It isnt accurate...but everyone know that. Someone says your estimator isnt accurate in pricing too: are you going to shut down this great tool because many whiners say "it isnt accurate"?
This is a great tool and it helps a lot, dont take off features, that's a step backward.
~Gun

I don't think it is a step backward.  Someone looking into buying an account could easily manage to deduce the quality of posts written by the owner of the account in question; this is just a tool to easier agree on an acceptable price for the account.  I would not trust the results of a machine deciding on someone's post quality, but rather decide for myself.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 614
Liable for what i say, not for what you understand
December 16, 2016, 12:43:31 PM
~Gun
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
December 09, 2016, 02:00:51 AM
Last 2 weeks I was having a certain period of weeks to get to the next rank, after 2 weeks it remains the same number of weeks, are there no regulators to the counting of days/ weeks?
This is very incomprehensible, can you please ask again with proper english?

What can one do to get blacklisted?
You don't want to be blacklisted, but looking at your posting history, you're well on your way there. All you need to do is be a sig spammer.
The 2 weeks notice on the estimator that I thought wont be considered had been resolved. Will PM you on what you said on my posts.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
December 07, 2016, 06:02:43 PM
Really like this lol

Although people go for extra low price Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
December 06, 2016, 02:57:22 PM
Have you considered adding automatic redirect to the token link when the "estimating" is done?

I've been using it to find some alts recently, and often accidentally close it or close it thinking I won't need it any more, and than when I realize I do, I need to re-estimate as the link with the token that shows the previous estimate isn't in my history. Really small thing, that probably won't affect most so I understand if it isn't added.
Done. It will redirect you to the estimate permalink after you create the request. This will show in your browser history.

Ahhh this is perfect! I'm using it for the exact same purpose. These updates just keep getting better and better.

https://blockchain.info/tx/c217a3469cfd76cb9e460040480c98bb3b8beeb711980a742cd02d7fa4c47f3b
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
December 06, 2016, 12:44:45 PM
Have you considered adding automatic redirect to the token link when the "estimating" is done?

I've been using it to find some alts recently, and often accidentally close it or close it thinking I won't need it any more, and than when I realize I do, I need to re-estimate as the link with the token that shows the previous estimate isn't in my history. Really small thing, that probably won't affect most so I understand if it isn't added.
Done. It will redirect you to the estimate permalink after you create the request. This will show in your browser history.
staff
Just writing some code
December 06, 2016, 09:22:24 AM
Last 2 weeks I was having a certain period of weeks to get to the next rank, after 2 weeks it remains the same number of weeks, are there no regulators to the counting of days/ weeks?
This is very incomprehensible, can you please ask again with proper english?

You don't want to be blacklisted, but looking at your posting history, you're well on your way there. All you need to do is be a sig spammer.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
December 06, 2016, 03:47:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
December 04, 2016, 06:31:36 PM
If my potential activity is in the range of Legendary, then is there any way to confirm whether I will be a real Legendary once my post count equals my potential activity?
Yes. If your real post count equals your potential activity, and your title appears as "Legendary", than your a legendary!

Other than that, there isn't a way to confirm unless you ask theymos or possibly an admin, but I highly doubt they would tell you. It's guaranteed if your potential activity is above the legendary range though.
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
December 04, 2016, 06:12:39 PM
If my potential activity is in the range of Legendary, then is there any way to confirm whether I will be a real Legendary once my post count equals my potential activity?
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
December 04, 2016, 05:48:35 PM

staff
Just writing some code
December 02, 2016, 03:30:56 PM
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is it: SMAS Blacklisted ?! Never heard about it...
Their thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/smas-signature-managers-against-spam-light-version-1545652 Basically its a couple of sig campaign managers who have been working together to build a blacklist of users that they will not allow participate in the campaigns that they manage.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3537
Nec Recisa Recedit
December 02, 2016, 03:23:08 PM
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is it: SMAS Blacklisted ?! Never heard about it...
Thank you achow101 for this great script !
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
December 02, 2016, 02:40:32 PM
I added an indicator for SMAS blacklisting. If the account being priced is on the SMAS blacklist, it will be marked as so for both Normal and Merchant modes.

I have also fixed the posted address scanner so that it gets all posted addresses. Apparently it was not doing this before.

Perfect! That's great news. I also just noticed you got rid of the post quality which I think is a great move. It really only showed that someone posted what, more than 75 characters? Quantity of characters in a post ≠ quality posts so good for you for getting rid of it.

It wasn't fully removed , he only removed it from the display because people was taking it so seriously (mostly while buying and selling accounts) or enrolling into signature campaigns .
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
December 02, 2016, 02:31:25 PM
I added an indicator for SMAS blacklisting. If the account being priced is on the SMAS blacklist, it will be marked as so for both Normal and Merchant modes.

I have also fixed the posted address scanner so that it gets all posted addresses. Apparently it was not doing this before.

Perfect! That's great news. I also just noticed you got rid of the post quality which I think is a great move. It really only showed that someone posted what, more than 75 characters? Quantity of characters in a post ≠ quality posts so good for you for getting rid of it.
staff
Just writing some code
December 01, 2016, 10:03:33 PM

Activity: 1750
Merit: 373
<------
November 30, 2016, 12:34:37 AM
Name: Elwar
Activity: 1862 (Legendary)
Potential Activity: 1862 (Potential Legendary)
Post Quality: Fair (72.71%)
Trust: Neutral
Estimated Price: 0.55860000

Woo hoo! Time to sell my account and retire a rich man!

Post quality Fair? I beg to differ. I'm never fair.  Tongue

Wait a few years and sell for 5BTC! Cheesy

5 btc? Shucks! Thats huge, but seriously bro the price of accounts for now is decreasing and im bit sure that the possible account well be worthless in this coming future since there people who doesn't like for account trades and they might gonna turn down your what so called farm accounts, and much better to not really on account estimator since managers are looking for post accuracy and not for the estimator itself.
Campaign managers does not really rely on price estimator regarding on the post quality of a certain potential participant on their campaign they will surely check it manually because using this estimator doesnt able to determine which is a good post or bad as long the characters are many the estimator will surely consider it and you would able to reach excellent quality Smiley This estimator is somehow useful for other preferences.

Hello.

It is indeed help for other inquiries, for example my account, as a newbie, I've learned plenty on the potential, activity and its relativity to ranking up. For campaign managers, like mine, (yahoo) is very strict and checks on the account and for sure doesn't only rely on the price estimator for details. But it is still a big help, hope you will not delete or remove this tool.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
November 28, 2016, 12:21:16 PM
Name: Elwar
Activity: 1862 (Legendary)
Potential Activity: 1862 (Potential Legendary)
Post Quality: Fair (72.71%)
Trust: Neutral
Estimated Price: 0.55860000

Woo hoo! Time to sell my account and retire a rich man!

Post quality Fair? I beg to differ. I'm never fair.  Tongue

Wait a few years and sell for 5BTC! Cheesy

5 btc? Shucks! Thats huge, but seriously bro the price of accounts for now is decreasing and im bit sure that the possible account well be worthless in this coming future since there people who doesn't like for account trades and they might gonna turn down your what so called farm accounts, and much better to not really on account estimator since managers are looking for post accuracy and not for the estimator itself.
Campaign managers does not really rely on price estimator regarding on the post quality of a certain potential participant on their campaign they will surely check it manually because using this estimator doesnt able to determine which is a good post or bad as long the characters are many the estimator will surely consider it and you would able to reach excellent quality Smiley This estimator is somehow useful for other preferences.
Pages:
Jump to: