Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 18. (Read 164803 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 518
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Gamem
November 21, 2016, 08:44:49 PM
Thanks for clearing this us. I was counting my characters for purpose of raising my post quality. I was counting it without the white spaces. Good to know. Thanks MadGamer!
DO NOT DO THAT. Do not count your characters to increase your post quality for this site. The post quality indicator on this site is ABSOLUTELY MEANINGLESS. When you are trying to pad your posts with extra characters, your post will be considered spammy resulting in it being deleted and eventually you being banned.

I Will be removing the post quality from the output. The quality will still be factored into the estimation but you will not be able to see it. I will also be changing that part of the algorithm slightly

why post quality in remove the system
i think feature post quality is very good and nice feature
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
November 18, 2016, 05:34:30 PM
Now I understand why some Gonzos here do full quotes  of long posts only to add a "Well done!" or similar.
Well the post quality counter does ignore quoted text so those quote pyramids don't help them. I also updated it to exclude all whitespace so people don't try to cheat it by adding a ton of spaces to the end.

I'm sure you will find a better algorithm yourself, but in case you'd like some input, feel free to PM me. I have done some "text quality metrics" in the past, so maybe you could get some inspiration from that.
Sure, help would be nice.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037
฿ → ∞
November 18, 2016, 04:50:54 PM
Post quality should not be determined by just the size of your post. The only reason it is done here is because that is the easiest way to gauge post quality, but it is most certainly not definitive nor accurate.

Now I understand why some Gonzos here do full quotes  of long posts only to add a "Well done!" or similar.

I'm sure you will find a better algorithm yourself, but in case you'd like some input, feel free to PM me. I have done some "text quality metrics" in the past, so maybe you could get some inspiration from that.

Rico
staff
Just writing some code
November 18, 2016, 12:12:05 PM
Not that I am cheating the system and padding my post. I am trying my best to keep my post quality to a certain level so that when I am able to join some signature campaign, the manager would not deny me for purposes of having a bad post quality.

I try my best also to contribute to the topic the best I can and avoid spam. So no worries there.
Post quality should not be determined by just the size of your post. The only reason it is done here is because that is the easiest way to gauge post quality, but it is most certainly not definitive nor accurate. Do not try to get your post quality on this site to be higher, it is completely and absolutely useless and meaningless. Just post constructively and do not spam; generally when that happens you end up with longer posts (but not necessarily) and your post quality as determined by a human will be much better than when determined by a machine.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
November 18, 2016, 12:03:41 PM
Thanks for clearing this us. I was counting my characters for purpose of raising my post quality. I was counting it without the white spaces. Good to know. Thanks MadGamer!
DO NOT DO THAT. Do not count your characters to increase your post quality for this site. The post quality indicator on this site is ABSOLUTELY MEANINGLESS. When you are trying to pad your posts with extra characters, your post will be considered spammy resulting in it being deleted and eventually you being banned.

I Will be removing the post quality from the output. The quality will still be factored into the estimation but you will not be able to see it. I will also be changing that part of the algorithm slightly

Not that I am cheating the system and padding my post. I am trying my best to keep my post quality to a certain level so that when I am able to join some signature campaign, the manager would not deny me for purposes of having a bad post quality.

I try my best also to contribute to the topic the best I can and avoid spam. So no worries there.
staff
Just writing some code
November 18, 2016, 11:04:37 AM

November 18, 2016, 10:35:18 AM
Does the account pricer count white spaces? Just curious how well the pricer estimates Average character count per post.

Spaces are characters too , only quotes are excluded from the counting . From OP :
Code:
pqm (post quality multiplier) determined by ratio of good posts (>75 characters excluding quoted text) to bad posts (<75 characters excluding quotes)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
November 18, 2016, 08:02:10 AM
Does the account pricer count white spaces? Just curious how well the pricer estimates Average character count per post.

Spaces are characters too , only quotes are excluded from the counting . From OP :
Code:
pqm (post quality multiplier) determined by ratio of good posts (>75 characters excluding quoted text) to bad posts (<75 characters excluding quotes)

November 18, 2016, 07:57:20 AM
staff
Just writing some code
November 08, 2016, 03:09:27 PM
what happened to the bitcointalk account estimator?
how many times I tried, always see "Request Queuing failed. Please try again."
That means that the db got too big. It should be fixed now; I cleared the db.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Thug for life!
November 08, 2016, 02:42:50 PM
what happened to the bitcointalk account estimator?
how many times I tried, always see "Request Queuing failed. Please try again."
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
November 02, 2016, 09:35:11 PM
Your tool can be useful, but sale of accounts is not allowed right?
Afaik account sales are not prohibitted but is not encourage because it can be a cause for someone scamming anyone here.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
November 02, 2016, 08:27:55 PM
Your tool can be useful, but sale of accounts is not allowed right?
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
October 31, 2016, 11:03:53 PM
Is it also true that I am not privileged to always check my page on any computer anywhere, just in case am far away from my personal computer and need to check the website

What do you mean "not privileged"?
he might be asking whether it is possible to log in using different IP address, you can log in from anywhere if that is what your asking,i bet he is a private torrent user who is afraid to log in from different IP's because you can get banned  Grin

EDIT: i didnt know there was a reply before me submitting this
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 31, 2016, 10:52:55 PM
Privileged in the sense that it could consider me as a scam showing more than one IP for my account. If I ever wanted anything with the site I don't want my integrity to be tampered with, at all.
The website does not do anything for determining scams or alternate accounts of users. Anyone can lookup anyone else's information. Your IP address only matters to do some basic rate limiting to prevent DoS attacks.
Your information had been of help.thank you
staff
Just writing some code
October 31, 2016, 10:44:10 PM
Privileged in the sense that it could consider me as a scam showing more than one IP for my account. If I ever wanted anything with the site I don't want my integrity to be tampered with, at all.
The website does not do anything for determining scams or alternate accounts of users. Anyone can lookup anyone else's information. Your IP address only matters to do some basic rate limiting to prevent DoS attacks.
October 31, 2016, 10:39:49 PM
I don't know if anyone had ever asked. I was just wondering , what if I decided to delete all my post as a hero. Will it automatically remove my rank and return me to a newbie 
IIRC with Hero and Legendary, once you reach those ranks, you will always be at that rank. However, with the other ranks, yes, you will be demoted as you delete posts.

Is it also true that I am not privileged to always check my page on any computer anywhere, just in case am far away from my personal computer and need to check the website
staff
Just writing some code
October 31, 2016, 10:24:40 PM
I don't know if anyone had ever asked. I was just wondering , what if I decided to delete all my post as a hero. Will it automatically remove my rank and return me to a newbie 
IIRC with Hero and Legendary, once you reach those ranks, you will always be at that rank. However, with the other ranks, yes, you will be demoted as you delete posts.

October 31, 2016, 10:20:52 PM
I don't know if anyone had ever asked. I was just wondering , what if I decided to delete all my post as a hero. Will it automatically remove my rank and return me to a newbie  Is it also true that I am not privileged to always check my page on any computer anywhere, just in case am far away from my personal computer and need to check the website
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
October 26, 2016, 07:48:56 PM
I don't think that we should allow people to sell accounts. Because most of them will go in to scamming i guess. unless i don't know whats the point to buy it

This isn't the main purpose of visiting the site i assume but people use it to take more informations about the accounts that they have an attention to buy, so your comments here isn't really on-topic...
Pages:
Jump to: