Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 28. (Read 17703 times)

Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I think bilateral or trilateral series are too short to have an interesting pool. Besides, it takes a lot of energy and patience to work for finding sponsors and managing a pool. For short series it's not worth it.
Valid points. Was just thinking about capitalising on the success of the IPL 2020 pool, but what you said makes more sense.

I would argue against it and agreed with royse, its not worth it. Remember we used to take part in normal betting pool for bilateral series? Where he was acting like a bookie. not many people were thrilled about betting on single games and rightly so. even i was taking part just to support community.   Grin
Completely forgot about those pools. You are right. If we had a larger Cricket community who were willing to participate, my idea would probably be feasible.

For now, let's limit them to major T20 leagues and the ICC events. As mentioned by Royse777, the number of matches that are played during the bilateral series are not large enough to allow the pool structure.   
Agreed. What I proposed could be feasible if many of our community members pitched in which could lead to the sponsors gaining interest, but I forgot about what happened in the past pools.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
I think bilateral or trilateral series are too short to have an interesting pool. Besides, it takes a lot of energy and patience to work for finding sponsors and managing a pool. For short series it's not worth it.

I will be interested to create regular pools for events like World cup (any format), IPL etc which have general interest and fairly long events. Sponsors are also interested in long-running campaigns.

I agree with Royse777 here. If we set up pools for every single bilateral series, then it will lose relevance and eventually the sponsors would refuse to fund them. For now, let's limit them to major T20 leagues and the ICC events. As mentioned by Royse777, the number of matches that are played during the bilateral series are not large enough to allow the pool structure.   
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
How about organizing a pool for the upcoming India vs Australia series since it's a contest between 2 evenly matched teams Royse? You could set a lower entry fee this time around since it's a short series when compared to the IPL.

The sponsors of IPL 2020 would probably be interested since the IPL 2020 pool was successful in my opinion.
I would argue against it and agreed with royse, its not worth it. Remember we used to take part in normal betting pool for bilateral series? Where he was acting like a bookie. not many people were thrilled about betting on single games and rightly so. even i was taking part just to support community.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

I will be interested to create regular pools for events like World cup (any format), IPL etc which have general interest and fairly long events. Sponsors are also interested in long-running campaigns.
How about organizing a pool for the upcoming India vs Australia series since it's a contest between 2 evenly matched teams Royse? You could set a lower entry fee this time around since it's a short series when compared to the IPL.

The sponsors of IPL 2020 would probably be interested since the IPL 2020 pool was successful in my opinion.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Lol, I ended up as 3rd in the IPL which I mistakenly wrote 2nd as I was second until the final match. And no, there was enough participant as far as I can remember in the CwC and PSL tournament as well.
Received the BTC, it was indeed a great season. We have seen so many dramas, specially the double super over.
So far, my stats with different pool-
CwC2019- 1st
PSL- 2nd till now
IPL2020- 2nd
Very much satisfying performance  Cheesy Special thanks to Royse777 for creating and organizing this pool.

Wow!!! You managed to end up either as the winner or as the runner up in all the pools that you had participated in. I guess the number of participants was not very large during the CWC 2019 and PSL 2020 pools. But managing to end up at the second position with the IPL 2020 pool, in which more then two dozen players participated was just incredible. Keep up the good performance..
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Received the BTC, it was indeed a great season. We have seen so many dramas, specially the double super over.
So far, my stats with different pool-
CwC2019- 1st
PSL- 2nd till now
IPL2020- 2nd
Very much satisfying performance  Cheesy Special thanks to Royse777 for creating and organizing this pool.
I am grateful to Royse777, for organizing this pool and finding the sponsors. Almost 80% of the rewards came from sponsorship and only around 20% came from the joining fee. In most of the betting pools I have participated, the sponsor share was more like 5% to 25%. Also, the reward pool was well planned. Out of the two dozen or so who participated, 7 received rewards (including me). This is also a very high share.
legendary
^^ Indeed

At start we were struggling to find even 10 participants but look at the number now, 21 freaking individuals.  Congrats to every winner, participants and big thank to our sponsors. I am hopeful that we'll attract more eyes in the next season, including ICC tournaments.
----

If BCCI wants to add a couple of teams then it might not be a big issue but to have more than that and if the teams are not competitive enough then it will not create interest to the audience and will have an adverse affect.
Because all big teams were kicked out early . That's a risk ICC(Financial) and cricket fans (Boring) should take if everyone wants to spread the cricket.
1 BTC =   $15,929.17
Code:
Participants				-	BTC address						Prize in BTC	USD Value
SaShiRaJaVu - Rajavu, 1st, 1/3 #4, #6 - 34HqekGHLGGYD1ktBXmHVm658ZXuwp1QhG 0.04333333 $690.26
Royse777 - roysesuper, 2nd, 1/3 #4 - 3BqjKX46EjcnX8YCAnJ1F6hcfTMxcrCcwf 0.02083333 $331.86
Pffrt - pffrt, 3rd, 1/3 #4 - 396TJn9pi7bPThiU3kkkL7R7fpeY8qoM9N 0.01583333 $252.21
Vishnu.Reang - vishnu, #1,#2 - 3KakYMjfxrgPe5DxZAiBeysT2oJs7SAjJH 0.00500000 $79.65
webtricks - webtricks, #5 - 3G8uPe3XKGhyQ2HGZfrmT7yJSxeQ6kJHK4 0.00250000 $39.82
Haunebu - kpk333, #7 - 3NHVD2aUvDqSz1ZU8HhFUjBV8TdDHtCXPA 0.00250000 $39.82
Payment sent, tx: 43dc14c268b1649edb4c281d1522a267383a017561836208a26bbb74b7e2af11
Received my winnings successfully Royse. Tripled my investment here thanks to BTC soaring these days. Rajavu got the biggest bang for his buck among everyone in the pool.

This was easily the most competitive and entertaining pool that I have been part of in the Bitcointalk community so far and I hope you can organize more such fun pools in the future (T20 World Cup etc).
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
Thank you Royse777 for running this competition. I'm sure it was not that easy to manage sponsor, have deal with them and manage the pool in such a way. Congrats to all the winners. It was a great time with all of you guys although I failed to get a single prize  Cheesy Waiting for the next round.
legendary
1 BTC =   $15,929.17
Code:
Participants				-	BTC address						Prize in BTC	USD Value
SaShiRaJaVu - Rajavu, 1st, 1/3 #4, #6 - 34HqekGHLGGYD1ktBXmHVm658ZXuwp1QhG 0.04333333 $690.26
Royse777 - roysesuper, 2nd, 1/3 #4 - 3BqjKX46EjcnX8YCAnJ1F6hcfTMxcrCcwf 0.02083333 $331.86
Pffrt - pffrt, 3rd, 1/3 #4 - 396TJn9pi7bPThiU3kkkL7R7fpeY8qoM9N 0.01583333 $252.21
Vishnu.Reang - vishnu, #1,#2 - 3KakYMjfxrgPe5DxZAiBeysT2oJs7SAjJH 0.00500000 $79.65
webtricks - webtricks, #5 - 3G8uPe3XKGhyQ2HGZfrmT7yJSxeQ6kJHK4 0.00250000 $39.82
Haunebu - kpk333, #7 - 3NHVD2aUvDqSz1ZU8HhFUjBV8TdDHtCXPA 0.00250000 $39.82
Payment sent, tx: 43dc14c268b1649edb4c281d1522a267383a017561836208a26bbb74b7e2af11

I am still awaiting payment address for amishmanish.
legendary
Hello guys!
I will be sending out the payment later today. I have everyone's address except Hector (amishmanish).

Sorry for the delay. I am travelling as you should be expecting from my last post on this topic. I am still on travel moving from one place to another however I am expecting a long break soon and then I will take the opportunity to broadcast your payments.

Cheers,
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
~
Double header on single day is simple solution. Just wondering if you guys in support of ICC introducing more teams in the World Cup? You know "Spreading the Game" all that.... If you are in favor of this in the international level then why opposing in any local league?
Yes, overkill, fatigue and competitiveness is issue but its part of the deal when competition gets bigger.
If the ICC is adding more teams in the World Cup it should be in T20 and not in ODI, i still remember the 2007 ODI World Cup and there were 16 teams and it was the most boring tournament and hence i do not want to see one sided matches.

If BCCI wants to add a couple of teams then it might not be a big issue but to have more than that and if the teams are not competitive enough then it will not create interest to the audience and will have an adverse affect.
legendary
Franchise going bonkers over this is my only concern but BCCI is smart enough to tackle them or every hurdles if they think its profitable to add more teams. I agree local talent pool is not big that's why i want more teams, its double edge sword in start but in a longer run its beneficial for Indian cricket.
It would definitely be beneficial in the long term for the IPL and T-20 format, but the ODI and test formats need more attention too. The Indian team needs more consistent ODI and test match players which is why the BCCI under Ganguly will probably oppose your idea of adding more teams.

The BCCI will probably allocate extra resources towards ODI and test formats in order to groom their players, but they may change their mind due to the financial incentives from the IPL.
If BCCI crack this successfully then ODI squad would be direct beneficiary along with T-20 national squad. Agree Test format need attention but there are already established system available in the domestic arena as far as 4 days cricket goes, all they need is take care of "quality of pitches or more competitive pitches".
Franchise going bonkers over this is my only concern but BCCI is smart enough to tackle them or every hurdles if they think its profitable to add more teams. I agree local talent pool is not big that's why i want more teams, its double edge sword in start but in a longer run its beneficial for Indian cricket.
It would definitely be beneficial in the long term for the IPL and T-20 format, but the ODI and test formats need more attention too. The Indian team needs more consistent ODI and test match players which is why the BCCI under Ganguly will probably oppose your idea of adding more teams.

The BCCI will probably allocate extra resources towards ODI and test formats in order to groom their players, but they may change their mind due to the financial incentives from the IPL.
legendary
Double header on single day is simple solution. Just wondering if you guys in support of ICC introducing more teams in the World Cup? You know "Spreading the Game" all that.... If you are in favor of this in the international level then why opposing in any local league?
Yes, overkill, fatigue and competitiveness is issue but its part of the deal when competition gets bigger.
I agree with your idea about adding more teams, but this isn't really feasible currently due to the pandemic and it will take several years for the world economies to fully recover which is why your idea could be implemented only after a couple of years.

I am fine with any number of teams to be honest as long as they include an optimal mix of local and popular international players.
I am not in rush either. Would be great if BCCI comes up with long term plan regarding this, let's say if they are target 12-16 ish teams in next 5-8 years or may be in decade.

May be but i would say they should target the 12 teams format in the future and increase foreign players numbers to 5-6 (4 atm). By doing so IPL might look like mini T-20 WC in a decade or so.

LOL.. the existing franchises are going to oppose it like hell. I would rather go for a team tournament, with 5 overseas players in the playing XI. If they go for 12 teams, then Indian talent pool is not that big to ensure the quality. One option would be to give the franchises the option to include up to 6 overseas players in the playing XI. But with a section of BCCI officials complaining about the "foreign influx" I don't think that it can be implemented smoothly.
May be but i would say they should target the 12 teams format in the future and increase foreign players numbers to 5-6 (4 atm). By doing so IPL might look like mini T-20 WC in a decade or so.

LOL.. the existing franchises are going to oppose it like hell. I would rather go for a team tournament, with 5 overseas players in the playing XI. If they go for 12 teams, then Indian talent pool is not that big to ensure the quality. One option would be to give the franchises the option to include up to 6 overseas players in the playing XI. But with a section of BCCI officials complaining about the "foreign influx" I don't think that it can be implemented smoothly.
Pages:
Jump to: