Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinTalk++ script - v0.2.96 - page 18. (Read 114219 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
January 06, 2014, 04:48:15 PM
I don't know yet anyway, I'll see how this behaves when put into pressure and decide accordingly

Also I've been told that the list of the scores doesn't work
Actually it works but takes about one minute to load
It's not really something critical so I won't fix this soon
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
January 06, 2014, 03:58:40 AM
I thought about 24h because you can start a message on the evening, then do something else, forget about it and close your browser to go to sleep
Then when you're back from work the day after, you're like "Oh god I wrote a gigamonster post about this super important thread yesterday and firefox didn't save it! I'm so mad I'm gonna kill my wife!"
Well, that sounds... logical, I guess Roll Eyes
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
January 06, 2014, 03:13:30 AM
I thought about 24h because you can start a message on the evening, then do something else, forget about it and close your browser to go to sleep
Then when you're back from work the day after, you're like "Oh god I wrote a gigamonster post about this super important thread yesterday and firefox didn't save it! I'm so mad I'm gonna kill my wife!"
......................................well it's certainly bombproof.
legendary
January 05, 2014, 08:31:23 PM
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
January 05, 2014, 07:48:07 PM
Hmmm, 24 hours should be enough to post a saved message. Maybe decrease it to 12 hours or so. 24 hours is a bit overkill, but oh well.
legendary
January 05, 2014, 07:44:50 PM
How does your post-saving work? With "localStorage" or on your webserver? If it is the second option I highly recommend you to read up on "localStorage".

EDIT: Already found it. You are using localStorage, smart move ^^ Saving different posts wouldn't be hard then, right? Can't you do something like "localStorage.setItem(TopicId, "message");" and clear the storage when someone post the message?

EDIT2: Improved my last edit a bit.

Sure, it's not hard at all, I just didn't think about this when I coded that
About the cleaning: when the user posts the message OR after a certain time (24hours?) as F5/a browser crash/etc can leave a saved message not sent
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
January 05, 2014, 06:16:19 PM
How does your post-saving work? With "localStorage" or on your webserver? If it is the second option I highly recommend you to read up on "localStorage".

EDIT: Already found it. You are using localStorage, smart move ^^ Saving different posts wouldn't be hard then, right? Can't you do something like "localStorage.setItem(TopicId, "message");" and clear the storage when someone post the message?

EDIT2: Improved my last edit a bit.
legendary
January 05, 2014, 03:57:51 PM
Actually he said that the post-saving part might be used in bitcointalk.org's JS
We're exchanging PMs but it's not moving fast as he's busy (I guess), I'll tell you when I have more info

BTW, theymos asked me how the script behaves when there are more than one open pages
The answer is that it saves only one of them (which one is undetermined) and it's of course a bad behavior so whatever happens I'll fix this and save all the messages
January 04, 2014, 03:13:33 AM
Great, thanks

I have a problem, the + and the - are not working. I cannot see them, but everything else works fine though.
OS? Browser? BT++ version?
OS: Windows 7. Browser: Chrome (I recently switched from firefox) BT++: v0.2.82
It is a good password, I can use the chat.

EDIT: It works now, I can see it. It fixed itself after I posted this! Strange... anyway, thanks!
Why are all your posts green?
Also, theymos hinted at adding BT++ to bitcointalk.org's JavaScript (so no external userscript). Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 858
Merit: 1000
January 01, 2014, 08:01:50 PM
Great, thanks

I have a problem, the + and the - are not working. I cannot see them, but everything else works fine though.
OS: Windows 7. Browser: Chrome (I recently switched from firefox) BT++: v0.2.82
It is a good password, I can use the chat.

EDIT: It works now, I can see it. It fixed itself after I posted this! Strange... anyway, thanks!
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
January 01, 2014, 03:44:58 PM
Great, thanks

Fine with me. Firefox + latest version of BT++.
legendary
January 01, 2014, 03:44:09 PM
Great, thanks

copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
January 01, 2014, 03:19:28 PM
Looks good to me.
legendary
January 01, 2014, 03:12:24 PM
Anyone else noticing this? (I don't have access to a computer before a few hours)
Good password? (Are you able to talk in the chat?)
legendary
Activity: 858
Merit: 1000
January 01, 2014, 01:59:24 PM
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
December 30, 2013, 10:53:19 AM
I'm glad it's possible to disable the chat feature. It was very annoying when I kept on hiding then switching to another page and it popping up again.
December 30, 2013, 10:47:06 AM
I think the problem is your server. I just add a url CSS node so I can't do much about that.
What I could do instead is downloading the CSS, saving it in the in-browser BT++ saved data, then using this data as CSS.
So even if it downloading the CSS lags (whatever the reason is), the CSS import will be instant.

Now that I'm writing it I think it's a good idea so yeah I'll code that. I'll have to check what max size I can save though.
It is my server (256 MB ram, lohl), but thanks anyway Wink
legendary
December 30, 2013, 10:43:03 AM
I think the problem is your server. I just add a url CSS node so I can't do much about that.
What I could do instead is downloading the CSS, saving it in the in-browser BT++ saved data, then using this data as CSS.
So even if it downloading the CSS lags (whatever the reason is), the CSS import will be instant.

Now that I'm writing it I think it's a good idea so yeah I'll code that. I'll have to check what max size I can save though.
December 30, 2013, 09:47:40 AM
I found a bug
Set http://whiskers75.com/bt++.css as your CSS - and witness the lag ;P
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
December 30, 2013, 06:21:50 AM
I don't need CSS coders, it's just that I allowed adding your custom CSS to BT++ and I propose CSS coders to put the CSSs they want to share inside BT++ for everybody
So if you're feeling like doing one you can, but it's not necessary
Ooooh, I see. I will create a custom CSS when I got some time on my hands. I always wanted to create a darker theme for this forum, but never did it, haha.
Pages:
Jump to: