Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCrack - A tool for brute-forcing private keys - page 5. (Read 74373 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 2
What does masked with leading 000...0001 to set difficulty mean? I mean how would someone add that to a program?
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
I wonder if keys were generated by some deterministic wallet first, and then truncated to N bits. Because in that case, it could be possible to recover the master key, and then sweep coins from all of them, while it would not mean that ECDSA is broken (because HD keys could be non-hardened).
Wonder no more big man, if you could find and sweep them all don't forget us, we're strongly outnumbered group of puzzle hunters with our primitive hardware licking the tip of the iceberg hoping to melt it down, lol.
"Care & share" you know? 😉

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18765941
Activity: 789
Merit: 1909
I wonder if keys were generated by some deterministic wallet first, and then truncated to N bits. Because in that case, it could be possible to recover the master key, and then sweep coins from all of them, while it would not mean that ECDSA is broken (because HD keys could be non-hardened).
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
I see it exactly the opposite way. There are numerous reasons why the true and happy finder would never want to disclose this information here in the forum, if this person is active here in the forum at all. I even claim that there are more logical reasons to hide it than to hang it on the big bell and supposedly brag about it.

This assumption can also be reflected analogously to a block find where a solo miner collects the reward but wants to remain anonymous. There are dozens of reasons for that.

Maybe this person can tell us who found #120: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/666msn666-1285555  (just a hunch)
Activity: 1050
Merit: 219
Shooters Shoot...
What I do know, is that it wasn't someone from this forum.

How can you know that ?

Because I had my bets that they'd be celebrating about it on this thread by now if that were the case. Pretty safe educated guess to make if you ask me.

I would agree. If they are a regular in the discussion of this challenge, they'd at least let peeps know the priv key once all forks have been taken care of, especially if they follow on here and know people like to know the priv keys to try and "create" a pattern with the challenges.
Also, if it's somebody not on this forum, it seems like they would at least come forward (on some venue) as this is a new world record. Maybe sooner or later they will. Time will tell...
Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
I see it exactly the opposite way. There are numerous reasons why the true and happy finder would never want to disclose this information here in the forum, if this person is active here in the forum at all. I even claim that there are more logical reasons to hide it than to hang it on the big bell and supposedly brag about it.

This assumption can also be reflected analogously to a block find where a solo miner collects the reward but wants to remain anonymous. There are dozens of reasons for that.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org

How can you know that ?

Because I had my bets that they'd be celebrating about it on this thread by now if that were the case. Pretty safe educated guess to make if you ask me.
Bitcoin g33k

How can you know that ?
legendary

so, send the private key
who solved ? which tools useing to crack keyhunt or BitCrack

Nobody knows the private key except the guy who solved it. And there's nothing to force them to go to bitcointalk (or anywhere else) and post it here. What I do know, is that it wasn't someone from this forum.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

so, send the private key
who solved ? which tools useing to crack keyhunt or BitCrack
legendary
Meanwhile, #66 is chilling out and waiting for someone to find it, or maybe it will be found so quickly just like the other two in rapid succession.

Someone is really throwing good hardware at this challenge.
this is totaly out of the blue btw but i agree with defending PoW. People are trying to use renewable enrgey so that they can earn more for not paying/paying as much for electricity

Actually you just gave me a idea haha. What if people plugged their GPUs into a renewable energy source while cracking the keys so that they save on electricity fees?

BTC being at $23,000 currently, the rewards gained recently were around $10K or two each, but I wonder how much electricity they had to pay to achieve this? Nevermind the initial hardware investment as it's a 1 time thing.
Activity: 313
Merit: 34
I made a Web Tool to scan for the keys. https://newbtcbruterandom.grantrocks.repl.co its a random btc key checker (this one is new and it uses all possible cores on your cpu-1 so that it can update the gui). It features a select tool so that all you have to do is choose a puzzle that is somewhat possible to get randomly and click start. I get about 100000 keys per thread on a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G running at 4.4Ghz. I use 14 threads. so thats about 1.4 Million keys every 20 seconds that are randomly checked. Its also focused on performance and im constantly updating it. Please leave some feedback for me so i know where and how to improve. Im currently trying to speed up the hashing so any help with that would be much appreciated!

I also made a non random scanner https://32btcbrute.grantrocks.repl.co to scan for specified btc puzzles. this one is quite fast and allows you to customize where to search.

EDIT
im hoping to use a lib like gpu.js in the future to greatly speed up the tool. However i have no idea how to do this and it will take me a while to figure out.

in your search scripts, you have mistakes, by mistake or you know why ?

value="0x20000000000000000:0x3ffffffffffffffff:D7F207850C19B7B763B10D0A1AB049CF466B8FAE">Puzzle #66
value="0x40000000000000000:0x7ffffffffffffffff:739437BB3DD6D1983E66629C5F08C70E52769371">Puzzle #67

for puzzle 66, you mention hash160 for search is about pre define privatekey is for 0x20000000000000000
for puzzle 67, hash160, OK, but have lot of other mistakes inside your scripts, so dont try to waste time your self and others
correct all mistakes and get proved by testing professionals, and then launch your subject
thankx
copper member
🖤😏
Make a new thread, note that CPU is useless for this purpose.
Activity: 8
Meanwhile, #66 is chilling out and waiting for someone to find it, or maybe it will be found so quickly just like the other two in rapid succession.

this is totaly out of the blue btw but i agree with defending PoW. People are trying to use renewable enrgey so that they can earn more for not paying/paying as much for electricity
Activity: 8
I made a Web Tool to scan for the keys. https://newbtcbruterandom.grantrocks.repl.co its a random btc key checker (this one is new and it uses all possible cores on your cpu-1 so that it can update the gui). It features a select tool so that all you have to do is choose a puzzle that is somewhat possible to get randomly and click start. I get about 100000 keys per thread on a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G running at 4.4Ghz. I use 14 threads. so thats about 1.4 Million keys every 20 seconds that are randomly checked. Its also focused on performance and im constantly updating it. Please leave some feedback for me so i know where and how to improve. Im currently trying to speed up the hashing so any help with that would be much appreciated!

I also made a non random scanner https://32btcbrute.grantrocks.repl.co to scan for specified btc puzzles. this one is quite fast and allows you to customize where to search.

EDIT
im hoping to use a lib like gpu.js in the future to greatly speed up the tool. However i have no idea how to do this and it will take me a while to figure out.
legendary

Bitcoin g33k
I mean we are here as a community to help develop new ideas and to help eachother.
absolutely. That's what it is all about.  Smiley
Activity: 177
Merit: 14
You misunderstood the situation. You and walletrecovery were arguing over a useless things, which is of course okay for us.

BUT what made me post this and previous message is that the fact that walletrecovery insulted you for thing that is really not worth it. Like who cares which puzzle was first solved?

Exactly. Thank you for pointing that @citb0in. I mean we are here as a community to help develop new ideas and to help eachother. Like come on.

copper member
🖤😏

We need to demand a simple task, for example, for miners who have 100 video cards, so that in 1 or 2 weeks they can open the next task and solve the puzzle, but what has been happening here for the last 5 years is not a show, but idiocy and cretinism and a waste time
What do you mean we need to demand for a simple task? The challenge is not for earning, entertainment etc, it's a show of security, when you grasp that idea, it'd help you understand.
Bitcoin g33k
@WanderingPhilospher: You have certainly misunderstood something.

I gave "GR Sasa" a merit for his contribution because he kindly pointed out that it is not worth attacking and insulting over such a thing. Because @walletrecovery attacked and insulted you WanderingPhilospher. @"GR Sasa" has come to your defense and criticized walletrecovery's actions. And I have supported GR Sasa, because I also agree with him. It's not worth arguing over something like this.
Pages:
Jump to: