Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 114. (Read 284526 times)

Activity: 471
Merit: 250
So without a public key I cannot send a message, right?
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
So far so good. My wallet starts every time now with no issues  Cool

So banknodes will be mining now? When do you plan to implement that? Is this going to be 100% banknode mining or will be shared with miners somehow?

To reduce the incentive of wasteful mining (hardware arms race) and foster useful investment (invest in the coin, don't give away your money to amazon and AMD) BNs only will be mining.

Currently i am getting opinions on this, consulting more learned devs and have the rudimentary idea down, it's just adding a basic check that does a look up on every new block to see if it was mined by a BN key.

In pseudo code that would be

Code:
Look back x blocks and map pubkeys 
if new_block pubkey is any of (map pubkeys)
reject block

But this is only really useful if we can significantly lower the hashrate such that solo mining is effective.

To that effect , I am trying to find someone who really understands multi-threading so we can improve the internal miner's performance. So once
1) Miner is improved
2) Hashrate is sufficiently suppressed
3) Code is reviewed and vetted

We'll have a BN only mining situation.

The workload is huge so expect many delays , but we'll get there. Right now i am trying to wrap up work on the messaging GUI  then i can focus on the voting system, once that is done, i hope to figure out a way to append the bidding results to getblocktemplate (so it is compatible with all miners and pools) and also write corresponding changes to the p2pool code. Once that is complete i need to define, plan and write the code for having multiple levels of nodes and test it out especially how it will determine the payout for a node. This of course will be done at the same time that i will be writing the functions of colored coins/assets into the core.

After the next update i will likely go closed source to protect some of the ideas. 

Interesting project.... I would love to help but have 0 coding knowledge Sad

Hello, welcome!

If you want to help (and be paid) I would really appreciate someone with media skills to put together a new OP and some aterial to circulate.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

So banknodes will be mining now? When do you plan to implement that? Is this going to be 100% banknode mining or will be shared with miners somehow?

To reduce the incentive of wasteful mining (hardware arms race) and foster useful investment (invest in the coin, don't give away your money to amazon and AMD) BNs only will be mining.

Currently i am getting opinions on this, consulting more learned devs and have the rudimentary idea down, it's just adding a basic check that does a look up on every new block to see if it was mined by a BN key.

Code:
reject block

But this is only really useful if we can significantly lower the hashrate such that solo mining is effective.

To that effect , I am trying to find someone who really understands multi-threading so we can improve the internal miner's performance. So once
1) Miner is improved

The workload is huge so expect many delays , but we'll get there. Right now i am trying to wrap up work on the messaging GUI  then i can focus on the voting system, once that is done, i hope to figure out a way to append the bidding results to getblocktemplate (so it is compatible with all miners and pools) and also write corresponding changes to the p2pool code. Once that is complete i need to define, plan and write the code for having multiple levels of nodes and test it out especially how it will determine the payout for a node. This of course will be done at the same time that i will be writing the functions of colored coins/assets into the core.

After the next update i will likely go closed source to protect some of the ideas. 

Interesting project.... I would love to help but have 0 coding knowledge Sad

Code:
reject block

1) Miner is improved

Another change in policy:- as part of the drive to encourage less nodes per VPS  and promote network growth, i am reverting the client back to default max out bound =8 and max connections =125. Would be nice if users would dedicate more resources per node, especially with BNs needing to mine blocks soon.
and voila , we have democracy!

Dog help us.  Tongue

Another item that just moved up on the to-do list is the idea of multiple types of BNs earning different levels of awards. If we do this... what would be the best configuration?

Should smaller nodes earn more than larger ones (encourages larger number of  nodes and encourages smaller holders to get a BN)

Or pay more to larger BNs (paying more based on size of investment , this is in support of our long term holders )

If BNs are mining, running multiple BNs per box may be problematic from a CPU usage POV. I think I previously advocated smaller BNs getting a few % more to encourage decentralisation but it may be simpler to just have coinbase rewards directly proportional to collateral?

Anyway, sounds like a lot of progress, well done chief.  Smiley

LOL, better be a very big Dog. Yeah i think we should pay out more to the larger BNs, encourages existence of larger enterprise services. Say with a basic BN you can host level one type services , then with more you can have more resource hungry services and for your troubles the network pays you a proportionally higher stipend.

Was already jumping into the voting code but there'll be a delay, i feel a headache coming on so i'm backing off for a few hours. Gonna power nap then try again afterwards.

Bidding will be triggered around block 199999 every 900th block pays out. But we need to urgently force hashrate down or else re-write the pool code and make sure even if the payout block is mined the pool, it pays to the correct people.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
and voila , we have democracy!

Dog help us.  Tongue

Another item that just moved up on the to-do list is the idea of multiple types of BNs earning different levels of awards. If we do this... what would be the best configuration?

Should smaller nodes earn more than larger ones (encourages larger number of  nodes and encourages smaller holders to get a BN)

Or pay more to larger BNs (paying more based on size of investment , this is in support of our long term holders )

If BNs are mining, running multiple BNs per box may be problematic from a CPU usage POV. I think I previously advocated smaller BNs getting a few % more to encourage decentralisation but it may be simpler to just have coinbase rewards directly proportional to collateral?

Anyway, sounds like a lot of progress, well done chief.  Smiley

I'd like to add to my BCR stash, but I'd like to do it via bid, and back the currency rather than pay miners' electricity bills for them...
Is that the Unity desktop? Usually the only useful thing you can do with Unity is apt-get install something anything else...  Cheesy

I haven't spent much time on this other than coding, lol.

So here is a quick layout of how messaging will work:-

Like our network, it will have multiple tiers. The standard is the everyday gossiping people will be doing in their respective inboxes, then we have the 2nd tier, these are basically strictly formatted messages that can be sent manually/automatically. These messages will serve as triggers for specific responses or actions (mostly on the BN side) so as to streamline and allow greater customization of how each BN interacts with customers. Third tier (idea still under immense scrutiny ) will be fully automated and functions based on contracts recorded in the blockchain, it will trigger actions such as payouts of Insurance fees, debt collection etc... this is where it gets crazy....while i am in no way capable of writing an AI, i do hope to write a autonomous referee for the chain. (much more on this later)

Secondly....ah voting.... i will place the voting code in the mode it was in at first, but will ask for all users' input on whether i should expand it's scope. Why i like the way it is/was is that it can be used for anything, basically, spin up a vanity address, publish it and ask people to vote an opposing faction can do the same and voila , we have democracy!

Should smaller nodes earn more than larger ones (encourages larger number of  nodes and encourages smaller holders to get a BN)

Hell yeah!!!!!!   Cool

Smiley

Gonna clean this code up and make a commit. Will start testing with anyone who has a active wallet/server today and wishes to try it out. I will have final verdict by morning (from my perspective). Automation of Service messages is now in sight, which is a huge step for all the services current and future. After i post code, i will leave it to peer review....meanwhile i will work on getting the voting system working, should take another day or so.

Many thanks to NAN, even though we had a falling out early in the project, he did a lot of the work with regards to the internal messaging system making it less like gibberish for me.
legendary
Is that the Unity desktop? Usually the only useful thing you can do with Unity is apt-get install something anything else...  Cheesy
Can i get a hell yeah!!!!!!

legendary
I think it's time we made a final decision on legacy stuff like InstantX and Darksend, do we keep or root out the code? Arguments for bothe are welcome.

I see utility in IX, it may be worth keeping up with that section of the DASH codebase. 

DS is a clever but unless you're running a secure linux setup through an uncompromised VPN, you've never used gmail etc., you've never used any social media sites or systems, you've never used BCT or other online forums, you've never used a mobile phone... and the rest of your spy skills are top notch, you're wasting your time. 

Can I do all this without need to synchronize again?

Yes , keep your data. just recompile
Can I do all this without need to synchronize again?
The only mncache.dat file I've got on my laptop is the one from .dash directory Smiley Does that mean I made a mistake somewhere?

Yes, please try the process fro the start. hint : you can speed up the build process by using make -j (number of cores)

Make you sure you have correct permissions for all dir and all dependencies installed

New dependency for BCR:-libcurl
The only mncache.dat file I've got on my laptop is the one from .dash directory Smiley Does that mean I made a mistake somewhere?
I keep getting Core dumped message when trying to run the qt wallet on ubuntu 14.04. Freshly compiled from source.

Master branch or release candidate?

I used this http://bitcredit.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Compile_Bitcredit
It starts only once after compiling, will synchronize and after that will not start again.

Tried removing the mncache file? You can try using the rc branch (it's stable for me so far)
I keep getting Core dumped message when trying to run the qt wallet on ubuntu 14.04. Freshly compiled from source.

I used this http://bitcredit.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Compile_Bitcredit
It starts only once after compiling, will synchronize and after that will not start agai.

Jump to: