Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 160. (Read 284527 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Think like this... the banks cannot change or adapt fast enough

Not sure I share your confident outlook.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/04/02/ubs-to-open-blockchain-research-lab-in-london/?mg=id-wsj
“Swiss banking giant UBS is to open a technology lab in London to explore how blockchain technology can be used in financial services.

The lab, set to open this month and occupy a dozen desks at Canary Wharf-based fintech accelerator space Level39 – a hub in London for financial technology startups – will bring together technology experts from the bank and the wider fintech community, UBS said.

Lab members and invited guests will experiment with how blockchain — the underlying technology behind bitcoin — can be adapted to process a wide range of financial transactions in a more efficient and cost-effective way, the bank said.

The lab will aim to develop new technologies that deal with industry-wide issues, such as the need to manage and analyze vast amounts of data, or better evaluate risk.

While many in financial services have expressed an interest in the underlying technology behind bitcoin, UBS’s is one of the first banks to go public with their plans. The idea is to get UBS more involved with the fintech crowd in London and open up to external innovation.

The blockchain is the public and decentralized online ledger which verifies transactions in digital currencies such as bitcoin. It is an indelible record, whose authenticity is verified by a network of computer users rather than a centralized authority.

Many have come to believe that this technology can be adapted to record and verify financial transactions, from clearing securities to making cross-border payments.

Last month the U.K. government announced that it would commit £10 million to support research in digital currencies technology, while last September the Bank of England recognized blockchain’s potential, saying that the technology could have “far-reaching” implications.

Speaking to Financial News last October, Oliver Bussmann, group chief information officer at UBS, said the blockchain had the potential “not only change the way we do payments but it will change the whole trading and settlement topic.” He described it as the technology with the biggest potential to disrupt financial services, and trigger “massive” simplification of banking processes and cost structure.

Last year the Swiss lender created a system of working groups, with dedicated funds to come up with innovative technology products.

Commenting on the lab, Bussmann said: “Fostering an open and collaborative environment between banks, start-ups and the investor community is essential to ensure we focus on promoting synergies between us, accelerate innovation opportunities and create real value for the industry.

Over the past year, many banks have backed or launched initiatives to increase their interactions with the fintech start-up ecosystem, as they seek to stay abreast with the rapid changes in technology which threaten their businesses.

Barclays runs a fintech incubator in London and New York and most of the major banks participate in a fintech accelerator program run by Accenture globally, while a number of lenders, including Lloyds Banking Group , back London-based Startupbootcamp FinTech.

Others banks, including HSBC, Santander and BBVA, have also launched corporate venture funds to make equity investments in fintech companies.”

Cheers

Graham]
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Literal banks are two decades behind

Doesn't chime with what's being reported: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-wall-street-brain-drain-1498124

Cheers

Graham

Didn't need to

Think like this... the banks cannot change or adapt fast enough

F! me if they do coz that could make a difference but no this is reality unfortunately
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Literal banks are two decades behind

Doesn't chime with what's being reported: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-wall-street-brain-drain-1498124

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Fucker of "the system"
Literal banks are two decades behind, multiply that by the minds that work for them and you've got yourself a window in time

Just get it right!

no doubt ever done a bankwire ---- days crypto minutes i wonder who will win
Literal banks are two decades behind, multiply that by the minds that work for them and you've got yourself a window in time

Just get it right!
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
So, that's part of the improved trust rating without the credit rating. Let me know what you think.

Stake? No objections to a hybrid PoW/PoS if that's what you're thinking of doing, just curious.

What's the difference between network participation and tx frequency?

Also, tx frequency trivial to fake up, should it carry so much weight?

And my OCD would be happier if the max was 100.  Cheesy

Stake (for now) is just the % of the total money supply that is in your possession. As i indicated earlier, i am working on a separate implementation (when i get tired of the stats engine work) that uses a hybrid PoS/PoW 3 tier system as a test subject on how well that would work. It's main goal is to see if 1) PoS can be used selectively for Bank transactions without issue, 2) If the proposed "layering" of types of nodes can be done to further expand the ecosystem. it will be released privately and is by invite only since it's not meant for the public  Cool

Network participation is your number of tx, frequency is your number of tx relative to the time your wallet was first created.

global freq is the number of global tx relative to global lifetime.

I intend to create a new marker (the one that will be used to blacklist bad clients) basically using these markers we can tell if someone is spamming send to self transactions or just alternating between a couple of wallets. But you are right though, maybe i should reduce the weight.

the 100 thing would be great, it's actually meant to be 200, because users will excel in some areas and fall behind in some, as a result we need to provide some wiggle room for people to earn good trust ratings
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
So, that's part of the improved trust rating without the credit rating. Let me know what you think.

Stake? No objections to a hybrid PoW/PoS if that's what you're thinking of doing, just curious.

What's the difference between network participation and tx frequency?

Also, tx frequency trivial to fake up, should it carry so much weight?

And my OCD would be happier if the max was 100.  Cheesy
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
thanks for info everyone i think i understand it cool ill try my hand at some pow and see what i get
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Tnx for quick help Smiley
Any knows why i im getting this error:

getinfo from wallet:

00:55:16
CDB : Error -30974, can't open database (code -1)

all is new installed, synced
v0.30.16.5-3b2e655-dirty

oy, i'm in chat you know?

That's just telling you your wallet file is corrupted. do a dumpwallet, then import into a fresh one.

Don't worry, it'll preserve your trust rating.
Activity: 89
Any knows why i im getting this error:

getinfo from wallet:

00:55:16
CDB : Error -30974, can't open database (code -1)

all is new installed, synced
v0.30.16.5-3b2e655-dirty

Activity: 102
so i can mine this ??

also i will need to see info on block rewards total coins etc   other than that this looks really good  unless an ico or something stupid idk op lacks details

Most of that info is in there, but there is some missing. I'll give you that. Total coin cap is ~210m. Current total is ~14.5m with 6 in the public escrow. Block reward is 50 bcr, right now 25% goes to banknodes I think.
Code:
double Bankmath::Gettrust()
{
double trust=0;
{
Rawdata data;
int onemonth = data.onemonth;
double lifetime = data.lifetime();
{
// lifetime carries up to 15

if (lifetime > 12 * onemonth )
trust+= 15;

else if (lifetime > 3* onemonth && lifetime < 12 * onemonth )
trust+= lifetime/onemonth;

else
trust+= 0;

}

{//wallet useage up to 15

if (pwalletMain->mapWallet.size()>10000){
trust+= 15;
}
else if (pwalletMain->mapWallet.size()>0 && pwalletMain->mapWallet.size()< 10000){
trust+= pwalletMain->mapWallet.size()/1000;
}
else
trust+= 0;

}

{//wallet balance up to 15
CAmount balance = data.balance();

if(balance > 1000000){
trust+= 15;
}
else if(balance > 0 && balance < 1000000){
trust+= balance/100000;
}
else
trust+= 0;

}

{ //network tx participation up to 15
double networktxpart = data.networktxpart();
if (networktxpart> 0.01)
trust+=15;
else if (networktxpart> 0.0001 && networktxpart< 0.01)
trust+= networktxpart *1000;
else
trust+= 0;

}

{//is BN 20
if(activeMasternode.status == MASTERNODE_IS_CAPABLE)
trust += 20;
}

{ //network freq up to 30
CCoinsStats stats;
double freq = (data.getNumTransactions()/ (data.lifetime()/data.oneday));
double gblfreq = (stats.nTransactions/ (data.gbllifetime()/data.oneday));
{
if (freq> 100)
trust+=15;
else if (freq> 0.0001 && freq< 100)
trust+= freq/10;
else
trust+= 0;

}

double relfreq =freq/gblfreq;

{
if (relfreq> 0.01)
trust+=15;
else if (relfreq> 0.00001 && relfreq< 0.01)
trust+= relfreq*100;
else
trust+= 0;

}

}

{ //network stake 15

double stake = data.balance()/data.moneysupply();
if (stake> 0.01)
trust+=15;
else if (stake> 0.0001 && stake< 0.01)
trust+= stake *1000;
else
trust+= 0;
}
}
return trust;
}

Basically it looks at how much you have participated and contributed to the network.

Credit calculation is a bit more complicated since it takes into account other factors like # of tx to and from banks, of if you have outstanding transactions. Still working on some of the raw data extraction for the credit algorithm.

Also realized i may need to store every single BN that ever exists along with a list of active ones to provide a more accurate calculation.

I need more coders!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
so i can mine this ??

also i will need to see info on block rewards total coins etc   other than that this looks really good  unless an ico or something stupid idk op lacks details

No ICO man.

There are, however, 6 million BCR held in public escrow.  Their use will be determined by the community.

I think it's ripe for VC investment.
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
so i can mine this ??

I tell you this guys. You may call me stupid but the fact that there may only be a few banknodes is not helping this project.

I don't think it's stupid.  It's definitely a barrier to entry for some people- and will only become more of one as the price rises.  That's why I think group-owned Banknodes will become the norm.  That will even be good for them because they'll have more people to run them once other features and services are available.  It'll be easy to do with the colored coin features that are being worked on right now.  And it will actually be a lot easier than people having to set up their own Banknode- they'll just pay to buy into one. 

Let me use an analogy

Right now the bus can comfortably seat 34 people, and he is standing outside the bus noting that there is not enough room yet he can see inside clearly that there are 28 seats , of which he can have as many of them as he wants. I think it's unreasonable to complain about there not being enough room before the current number of seats is filled.

Lets not forget that this bus is magical, it naturally grows every day and has a trailer with another 24 seats should the need arise.

At first I thought this was a bus, but then i realized it was a virtual bus ie just wow

dude u just sent me a crazy pm so i just had to stop in and say HI

love the youtube

Good then you're starting to get it lol Wink
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
Jump to: