Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 161. (Read 284527 times)

Activity: 471
Merit: 250
Anyway, a bank node setup guide available?

edit:// and is there any ubuntu wallet I can just download and run? Or I have to compile?

There's a quick guide here for running a hot (connected to internet) wallet Bitcredit Banknode on a local machine: http://bitcredit.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Create_A_Masternode

You're best bet is to read through one of the many Darkcoin MN guides, the process is basically identical, just eg. replace darkcoind with dashd. I have been meaning to write a BCR BN specific guide for a cold/remote setup using a VPS (your BN wallet remains safely offline after startup) but haven't had time yet.

As to the wallet, it should compile from source without issue following these instructions: http://bitcredit.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Compile_Bitcredit
- but I don't think the current git master yet has the UI improvements posted a little while ago. If you can't compile it yourself let us know and someone  can post a working binary for you.

Thanks for this Crouton. I'll better wait for a binary. There is no rush Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

edit:// and is there any ubuntu wallet I can just download and run? Or I have to compile?

There's a quick guide here for running a hot (connected to internet) wallet Bitcredit Banknode on a local machine: http://bitcredit.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Create_A_Masternode

You're best bet is to read through one of the many Darkcoin MN guides, the process is basically identical, just eg. replace darkcoind with dashd. I have been meaning to write a BCR BN specific guide for a cold/remote setup using a VPS (your BN wallet remains safely offline after startup) but haven't had time yet.

As to the wallet, it should compile from source without issue following these instructions: http://bitcredit.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Compile_Bitcredit
- but I don't think the current git master yet has the UI improvements posted a little while ago. If you can't compile it yourself let us know and someone  can post a working binary for you.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
I tell you this guys. You may call me stupid but the fact that there may only be a few banknodes is not helping this project.

I don't think it's stupid.  It's definitely a barrier to entry for some people- and will only become more of one as the price rises.  That's why I think group-owned Banknodes will become the norm.  That will even be good for them because they'll have more people to run them once other features and services are available.  It'll be easy to do with the colored coin features that are being worked on right now.  And it will actually be a lot easier than people having to set up their own Banknode- they'll just pay to buy into one. 

Let me use an analogy

Right now the bus can comfortably seat 34 people, and he is standing outside the bus noting that there is not enough room yet he can see inside clearly that there are 28 seats , of which he can have as many of them as he wants. I think it's unreasonable to complain about there not being enough room before the current number of seats is filled.

Lets not forget that this bus is magical, it naturally grows every day and has a trailer with another 24 seats should the need arise.
I tell you this guys. You may call me stupid but the fact that there may only be a few banknodes is not helping this project.

I don't think it's stupid.  It's definitely a barrier to entry for some people- and will only become more of one as the price rises.  That's why I think group-owned Banknodes will become the norm.  That will even be good for them because they'll have more people to run them once other features and services are available.  It'll be easy to do with the colored coin features that are being worked on right now.  And it will actually be a lot easier than people having to set up their own Banknode- they'll just pay to buy into one.  

Not saying it's stupid. Just think the amount of possible nodes is a bit low. Maybe I am wrong and the dev is a mastermind Smiley

When we started out i knew very little, can't believe how much i've learned about code and how it interacts. was re-writing the network transaction participation ratio (trust engine) , and from ~ 30 lines, i learned to write it in less than 8.

applying this discovery has already reduced the bloated engine to manageable code that anyone can verify.

though i will again insist on a code review.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

I don't think it's stupid.  It's definitely a barrier to entry for some people- and will only become more of one as the price rises.  That's why I think group-owned Banknodes will become the norm.  That will even be good for them because they'll have more people to run them once other features and services are available.  It'll be easy to do with the colored coin features that are being worked on right now.  And it will actually be a lot easier than people having to set up their own Banknode- they'll just pay to buy into one. 

Huh

Anyone is welcome to set one up.

Quick comparison at current market prices:

DASH MN - cost ~14 BTC, monthly return ~0.19 BTC
BCR BN - cost ~7 BTC, monthly return ~0.45 BTC

Of the two, I think BCR has the greater potential upside from current position by far.

And don't forget, there will soon be other ways of earning money from your Bitcredit Banknode.

Anyone is welcome to set one up Smiley Up to 24 people.

Incorrect , 34 BNs possible now.

How about you try getting one of your own and see how that changes things?

Huh

Of the two, I think BCR has the greater potential upside from current position by far.

And don't forget, there will soon be other ways of earning money from your Bitcredit Banknode.

Anyone is welcome to set one up Smiley Up to 24 people.
Activity: 260

Huh

I have bought mine with avarage price 0,00001370 per coin, since 03/28/2015 till 04/13/2015 , which gives you 3,425 BTC.
I'm a terrible trader but still think it's possible now too, even lower and without any price manipulations but it's time consuming.   Smiley
legendary

Huh

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

On the other hand some MN work could be shared, maybe there's a way to work together.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11157264

Maybe it's silly, but sounds great.

To use BN Nodes, tools to make it all easy and simple would be needed it's an easiest way to attract some investors.

So far BCR is greatly undervalued, a lot of people see a potential but community around this coin is very slowly building.

Next weeks will be exciting.  Grin

Your thinking doesn't sound silly at all

If anything its positive and helpful, congrats
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Wait, is this showing that the Crave dev just copied and pasted a lot of your work?  That's a pretty big compliment from him.  Maybe we should give him the masternode/banknode code review bounty...
Activity: 260

Don't You worry that all your future work will be just copied just like that, maybe it's time to temporary make some code closed source and open it later after all work is done and product is finished. (Yeah it was already done by DRK Wink )

On the other hand some MN work could be shared, maybe there's a way to work together.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11157264

Maybe it's silly, but sounds great.

To use BN Nodes, tools to make it all easy and simple would be needed it's an easiest way to attract some investors.

So far BCR is greatly undervalued, a lot of people see a potential but community around this coin is very slowly building.

Next weeks will be exciting.  Grin
And if your mind is not blown yet, :-

We have Bank nodes yet in a few weeks , I will be testing a network that has four types of nodes. Once these are proven, i will release a toolkit for making custom nodes on the BCR network. This means that if you wanted to run a company off the BCR chain, but want a few extra rules and different behavior  you need only activate a few options and add some settings to the config file and you can run your business on your own rules in addition to the standard security that the BCR network offers.

Examples would be an insurance only node, requiring extended confirms on customer tx and special rules for your BN that automate transactions  from select customers.

So much potential

the future is us.
Roll Eyes : http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-23/largest-bank-america-joins-war-cash

Yep, even that Proof of Violence fiat crap is now too valuable for TPTB to let you have any, it's buggering up their plans to push interest rates even further double plus unpositive.

While i read that...i just thought i'd ruffle some feathers, pique some interest and give people something to think about.  

Do you know that a fully automated BN is a Decentralized Autonomous Company (DAC)? Running of the blockchain, you will own your very own / or part of a DAC. And because the system is so versatile and robust, you can run almost any DAC off the BCR blockchain with your collateral as proof of capital. Using the upcoming colored credits , you can issue shares in in your DAC with ease and users can easily transfer these credits to each other or convert  them into pure BCR.

You can have any kind of product or service on the blockchain, and with the increase in block size.... you can even run a digital storage DAC (expensive though).

legendary
Activity: 1274
Unless something competitive comes, i may just award the bounty

Not here to claim any bounties friend.  Just trying to contribute in some way.
legendary
 Roll Eyes : http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-23/largest-bank-america-joins-war-cash

Yep, even that Proof of Violence fiat crap is now too valuable for TPTB to let you have any, it's buggering up their plans to push interest rates even further double plus unpositive.
Jump to: