Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 215. (Read 284530 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Rumors are going around saying that Mr. Spread has joined this team...Thoughts on that?

who is that?
Activity: 406
Rumors are going around saying that Mr. Spread has joined this team...Thoughts on that?
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
just a random thought...in while, maybe two months or so..people will regret selling below 0.0001.
Thank you for answering my questions.

When you say you worked in a bank, did you provide software related services?

Some familiar faces.

Does anyone have a relationship with Vertoe where you could gauge their interest in joining this project as a developer?

Vertoe hasn't logged into bct since ending all Darkcoin ties it looks like. Wow.
He/she would be an amazing addition to any project though.
JL

Yes, it would be great to have some talent come aboard, why did he leave DRK?
While I can't say for sure, what I personally ascertained was they felt disrespected by the lack of communication from the lead developer and a lack of appreciation.

Vertoe would be an excellent asset to this project.  I like them a lot.

communication is important, as well as appreciation

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Thank you for answering my questions.

When you say you worked in a bank, did you provide software related services?

Some familiar faces.

Does anyone have a relationship with Vertoe where you could gauge their interest in joining this project as a developer?

Vertoe hasn't logged into bct since ending all Darkcoin ties it looks like. Wow.
JL

While I can't say for sure, what I personally ascertained was they felt disrespected by the lack of communication from the lead developer and a lack of appreciation.

Vertoe would be an excellent asset to this project.  I like them a lot.
legendary
Activity: 966
TLC, your bots are pissing me off.   Tongue

Not guilty, my bots were getting pissed off too.  Cheesy
Some familiar faces.

JL

If i had two more competent devs, we could roll out the Masternodes + voting + secure messaging in one go. Hell, if we had 2 days to spare even an HTML5 wallet to go with it.

Dev, some questions:

1.  Why not create banking architecture for bitcoin?  What is the benefit of creating a new currency?

2.  What is your experience in the financial sector?  I don't need specifics as I understand your desire to remain anonymous, but what are your qualifications to take on this massive project?

3.  I have some hesitation because of the potential legal ramifications.  As a resident of a country with strict finance laws, there may be some legal quandry with me supporting a currency that sets up in an unrestricted country.  I'm not willing to break the law (just not worth it for me at this point in my life) and I suspect others are in the same boat.  Do you anticipate the way you setup this project to be in violation of many countries existing laws?

4.  I like that you have a premine in escrow.  If number 3 is a yes, any thoughts at some point of approaching venture capital firms and getting financing with the premine in an effort to take this project legit through the existing regulatory framework?

Hello

1)Bitcoin...too much conflict, very little progress. Just look at the war over block size. I'd rather start a clean slate where i am aware of all the dynamics.

2) I've worked in a bank and taught economics.

3) Unless your country has policy against holding foreign bank accounts , you should be fine. On my end i will keep things clean, do the same for yourself and it's all smiles.

4) The moment I do that I expose us all to the demands of VCs, i'll have people trying to give me timetables. This is why i like humble broke work. I work with and consult interested parties and as a community we all support the project, the pressure is ours to regulate.

Would i like funding? Yes, i would, but not at the cost of the community. The BitBond funding round will get more attention from me when i finish wallet version 0.30.18, i expect the trust engine to be complete by then, maybe a HTML5 wallet for 0.30.19.

The premine is fine where it is, since we will have voting, users will vote for what to do with it.
Activity: 462
Some familiar faces.

JL
TLC, your bots are pissing me off.   Tongue
Dev, some questions:

1.  Why not create banking architecture for bitcoin?  What is the benefit of creating a new currency?

2.  What is your experience in the financial sector?  I don't need specifics as I understand your desire to remain anonymous, but what are your qualifications to take on this massive project?

3.  I have some hesitation because of the potential legal ramifications.  As a resident of a country with strict finance laws, there may be some legal quandry with me supporting a currency that sets up in an unrestricted country.  I'm not willing to break the law (just not worth it for me at this point in my life) and I suspect others are in the same boat.  Do you anticipate the way you setup this project to be in violation of many countries existing laws?

4.  I like that you have a premine in escrow.  If number 3 is a yes, any thoughts at some point of approaching venture capital firms and getting financing with the premine in an effort to take this project legit through the existing regulatory framework?
Early adopters need to put some sell orders up on the exchanges.  It's important to create liquidity and expand the userbase.
Some familiar faces.

Thank you all for the interest and support.

For the more technical minded or enthusiasts, you can see the latest ideas in motion on the github repository.

Namely 0.30.16-smsg which is a move to port secure messaging to our system. This is a key component of the overall banking protocol as this will be the means of communication between your local wallet, your Bank node(s) of choice and also the exchange/gateway.

0.30.16-b is not yet published, but includes patches for addition of a voting system, part of an effort to place control of the system in the hands of the average user.

Suggestions and opinions are welcomed.
what is the total number of coins that will be mined? I can't seem to find that information.

Also the main website in the OP is down.

210 million
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10333240

Dev had affordability issues with the website and had to take it down: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10648285

yes i faced some issues, there is an initiative to help pay for the costs but it is on a slow down due to my having to focus more on development and research. The original content on that website shall become part of the landing page of our BCR-FIAT Exchange/gateway. :- http://bitcentral.website/
Is this coin not listed in coinmarketcap.com?

Oddly enough, nope.

I find marketcaps to be useless, i wish we had a site that would just show daily volume and total buy support. With any currency/store of value, that is far more important that marketcap.

Marketcaps are better suited to assets like stock.

At least IMO.
Market cap of this coin right here is about $15k. Wow.

If these masternodes or 'Bank Nodes' work properly this could be the biggest percentage increase in crypto in 2015.

And looking at price and others' posting activity, you're starting to get more attention, Dev. Just don't disappear, ala Spreadcoin Dev.
You ever consider putting your real ID to this project?
Also, speaking of Spreadcoin, the Dev before he disappeared, was working on a system of masternodes which had a dynamic requirement amount versus static amount. So overall there would be 1440 elected masternodes (1440 blocks per day) and whichever masternodes had the most Spreadcoin stored in them were the elected masternodes. So some masternodes had thousands of Spreadcoin while others only had a couple hundred but as long as the masternode had enough Spreadcoin to stay ranked among the top 1440 masternodes it would get elected.
Any chance you might consider this kind of dynamic masternode model, requiring your masternode to have as much BCR needed to stay elected, versus a static model, requiring 250k BCR ?
JL

Hello

first of thanks for the vote of confidence,

You ever consider putting your real ID to this project?

My identity adds nothing of value to this project, all it does is put a bull's eye on my back for the unsavory characters that roam these forums. I'd rather not expose myself to the abuse i have seen prevail on these forums.

Also, speaking of Spreadcoin, the Dev before he disappeared, was working on a system of masternodes which had a dynamic requirement amount versus static amount. So overall there would be 1440 elected masternodes (1440 blocks per day) and whichever masternodes had the most Spreadcoin stored in them were the elected masternodes.

For such a critical component to depend on a variable is potentially disastrous, we could use similar metrics as with the trust protocol, but that  
 would require research. I will think further on this , but tbh i am skeptical. I can already see 5 potential problems when  we start applying the Banking patches.
legendary
Activity: 966

Basically, whenever you have a wallet that includes a trading page, you can expect to have to specify Qt5 in order to satisfy the JSON handling requirement that arises when interacting with exchange APIs.

For me, there are some minor file permission issues with the latest commit, so ensure that autogen.sh, share/genbuild.sh and src/leveldb/build_detect_platform are all executable.

Then you should be okay to run ...
Code:
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure --with-gui=qt5
$ make

(If you can live without wallet portability, you can link to the ubuntu distro libdb-5.* libs by using the incompatibility directive: --with-incompatible-bdb.)

Cheers

Graham

Thanks Graham! Smiley
Is this coin not listed in coinmarketcap.com?

Oddly enough, nope.
what is the total number of coins that will be mined? I can't seem to find that information.

Also the main website in the OP is down.

210 million
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10333240

Dev had affordability issues with the website and had to take it down: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10648285
Jump to: