Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 219. (Read 284530 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
For those who have been asking about future Fiat support, this is really in the works but don't expect anything fancy. I have been in contact with various people knowledgeable in these areas and they all agree, it's a really difficult proposition due to the hedgemony of some interests

We have so many compliance issues in the UK, US and China that it's starting to make more sense to operate the bric/mortar functions in a third world country where the aforementioned interests have little or no influence.

For an idea of the mine field that setting up FCA Banking facilities is take a look at this :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Account_Tax_Compliance_Act

I'll post more of these hurdles for your perusal , so you may understand why i don't really talk about it much.

There is a very fine line between meeting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer standards while maintaining relative integrity and basic anonymity for our clients. Just think on it, in the majority of western nations, we would be unable to separate your fiat activities from your initial block-chain activities. This is why we hope to be able to operate from a non-aligned nation and also why we are pushing integration of anonymity tools like our re-branding of Dark send and re-purposing it.  

light reading :- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/amlkyc-explained-454795

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_Action_Task_Force_on_Money_Laundering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_Secrecy_Index

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_offshore_financial_centres

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_company_registers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FATF_blacklist

And this is before reading the banking laws of each potential candidate nation and the ToS of our chosen parent bank

Some of the foregone conclusion however are that the parent bank we will use will have to be local to the jurisdiction we opt for, also we will likely only choose a nation that either 1) supports a multiple currency regime or 2) Uses USD.

While the USD itself is distasteful at times, the reality is that it is accepted almost everywhere.
For a quick run up of the situation:

Current version  -- 0.30.14

Incoming version- 0.30.15 (03/22/15)

Guaranteed

Code clean up, small fixes and final primary interface design.

In the works

Bank/Masternode Implementation & Privacy Mode (Dark send derivative) "dark" just has bad connotations --90% complete

InstantX --90% complete

Banking Api -- First balance checking, deposit and withdrawal -35% complete

For a more technical progress report, please see our github repositories.
If you insist  Smiley , This would be of great help since it can push other projects. However rather than just being goodwill donations i think that  special benefits must be afforded to those who are supporting this early in the project.

I think that donors should have first dibs on new services and opportunites that arise as the project grows. The most immediate benefit that can be discussed is preferential rights for banking and a token share of BitBonds. I'm not sure how to structure this in a meaningful way that will encourage donations , benefit the sponsors while not giving them too great an advantage that may turn away newcomers. For that i would really like to hear the community's opinions and suggestions.

While it may not be worth much right now, i believe when more attention is drawn by each successive launch of new services and products  these will become far more valuable. I would like to keep a public tally of donations so as to be transparent. if/once these donations start paying for anything, appropriate proof/receipts will be posted here in the thread.

I've set aside the following address for donations in Bitcoin, if you wish to donate a different currency, please advise and i will set up an address.

I seriously doubt that at any given time we would need anything more than 5 BTC  to stimulate development, pay bills and/or hire help.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
Awfully quiet around here.  Wish I knew how to code so I could lend a hand.  It makes me sad that interesting projects with honest developers flounder in obscurity while everyone focuses on the latest pump and dump clone coins.

I tried to do some GPU mining yesterday, and it was obviously doing something.  Resource use shot up and desktop slowed to a crawl.  I left it for an hour though and I still had 0 shares at the pool.  My address never even showed up on the front end of the pool.  I'm using the windows GPU miner from the ANN.  Mining on Windows 7 64-bit with a GTX 980 updated to latest drivers.  32-bit and 64-bit version of the miner both had the same issue.  Not really a bitcredits problem but curious is anyone could shed light on whats wrong.  I have never used the momentum GPU miner or mined with an Nvidia based GPU so maybe there is some little detail that is obvious to others that I missing.

Noticed website is down.  Is it due to lack of funds?  If so, you should start up a BTC donation address, or maybe sell some of those IPO coins I have been trying to pry off of you!  Tongue

Honestly though, you are probably better off just using those coins as a pre-mine at this point.  Just stay open and transparent about any that you need to sell and log it all.

For now i encourage solo mining. Yes you are right , i need a hand since there is so much to be done and so much to manage.

Website is not as important as the bank. I'm scaling back some of those items because yes, my few BTC need to be conserved for real development support . So the Bank's landing page shall soon also act as the website.

For now i want to hold off a little longer, those coins shall be used to bootstrap the network bank nodes. You know how you need to have 1000 DRK to have a masternode, i am borrowing that implementation to use as part of the colletarl system for setting up a bank node, difference being, in order to be a bank, you need 250k  BCR.

Well quit being so damn selfless already and put up a BTC donation address!  Doubt it will amount to much but even a few fractions of a BTC here and there would help with server costs and such.

And very cool about the bank nodes.  Thankfully I've been scooping up cheap coins at trex so I'll be one of the first bank nodes whenever the system is ready to go.  Excited to see how this all pans out.
Awfully quiet around here.  Wish I knew how to code so I could lend a hand.  It makes me sad that interesting projects with honest developers flounder in obscurity while everyone focuses on the latest pump and dump clone coins.

I tried to do some GPU mining yesterday, and it was obviously doing something.  Resource use shot up and desktop slowed to a crawl.  I left it for an hour though and I still had 0 shares at the pool.  My address never even showed up on the front end of the pool.  I'm using the windows GPU miner from the ANN.  Mining on Windows 7 64-bit with a GTX 980 updated to latest drivers.  32-bit and 64-bit version of the miner both had the same issue.  Not really a bitcredits problem but curious is anyone could shed light on whats wrong.  I have never used the momentum GPU miner or mined with an Nvidia based GPU so maybe there is some little detail that is obvious to others that I missing.

Noticed website is down.  Is it due to lack of funds?  If so, you should start up a BTC donation address, or maybe sell some of those IPO coins I have been trying to pry off of you!  Tongue

Honestly though, you are probably better off just using those coins as a pre-mine at this point.  Just stay open and transparent about any that you need to sell and log it all.

For now i encourage solo mining. Yes you are right , i need a hand since there is so much to be done and so much to manage.

Website is not as important as the bank. I'm scaling back some of those items because yes, my few BTC need to be conserved for real development support . So the Bank's landing page shall soon also act as the website.

For now i want to hold off a little longer, those coins shall be used to bootstrap the network bank nodes. You know how you need to have 1000 DRK to have a masternode, i am borrowing that implementation to use as part of the colletarl system for setting up a bank node, difference being, in order to be a bank, you need 250k  BCR.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

if you have coding skills and want to earn some coin, contact me. I have a lot of things on my plate it would be great to share the load.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Why is so little interest in this coin? only 7 miners on http://p2pool.website/.
well..i am there now hahah..Wink
Activity: 501
Merit: 503
Just looked at the git, great idea. Let me know if you need help setting up more nodes. What is your target , 1000 like DRK or more?
I've published the first version of a JSON-RPC Bitcredit solo miner for AMD GPUs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycqnadnjp8rhsp0/AADKNyWsn0oShLPtNGCBliWba?dl=0
The gpuhash_* files need to be copied to the binaries subfolder like in clpts v2.0. The usage is -o : -u .:, where . is optional and if it is not specified then the miner tries to get an address from the wallet.  The other command line options are the same as those of clpts v2.0.
Feedback is appreciated.

EDIT: Link updated to first release version.

-- NaN

Thanks, great work. I've added to the OP.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I've published the first version of a JSON-RPC Bitcredit solo miner for AMD GPUs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycqnadnjp8rhsp0/AADKNyWsn0oShLPtNGCBliWba?dl=0
The gpuhash_* files need to be copied to the binaries subfolder like in clpts v2.0. The usage is -o : -u .:, where . is optional and if it is not specified then the miner tries to get an address from the wallet.  The other command line options are the same as those of clpts v2.0.
Feedback is appreciated.

EDIT: Link updated to first release version.

-- NaN
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Is there any interest in a solo miner for BCR?

Yes.

Nvidia also.
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
i'm interested.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
I don't want to build the QT wallet, anyway I figured it out and it WAS on your end, the build script does not check the autoconf version so it exists with an obscure error such as the above, I built autoconf from source and I managed to compile it.
There's a directory listing of build-aux/m4 in my initial post. I'm on ubuntu 12.04 LTS

ah....12.04 LTS huh?

Yeah, something is wrong on your end. You may not be average joe, but fact is a lot of people have already complied from source with ease I just did so right now to test again.

Lets go through the process one step at a time ok?

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf pkg-config libssl-dev libboost-all-dev libminiupnpc-dev libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev

Don't discount anything, just do it

I'm having this issue with another coin but can't figure out how to get past it. how do you build autocoinf from the source?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
All pools are down?
NVM all pools are up.
When i finish up the current iteration (best one so far) I am going to push for that mobile wallet. Though initially, it will not be bank compatible.
Why is so little interest in this coin? only 7 miners on http://p2pool.website/.

There is a lot more interest than that. Especially when i work out some kinks
How many coins in circulation now?

~3 million

The rest are stored, for ICO
Jump to: