Pages:
Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 49. (Read 284526 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
okay what the fuck.. third time i did this..

i completely emptied the data folder.. added all the available nodes from the blockexplorer in my bitcredit.conf.. did a full resync of my wallet..

again stuck on block 236433!! Huh

well....you expect a difference while connecting to bad nodes? There is nothing the dev can do about cutting them off save for an upgrade. Try using the --connect flag with a synced node.

I tried three times now. 1st with no addnodes, 2nd with addnodes from chainz, 3rd with connect..... every time it gets stuck on 236433. multiple hours for each try while it tries to sync..

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/masternodes.dws
^^ I asked months back how localhost banknodes are possible.... no reply. there's 45 of them....Huh

**EDIT**

A current bootstrap would be appreciated  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
here is a useful hint for people bidding and change addresses in a bitcoin client.

each time i send from my btc client, I dump the address i send from's privkey and import it into BCR with a label of bid date.
so the address i get paid to in BCR shows up under inputs as bid1115 for nov 15th.
since bitcoin uses change addresses any other coins in my bitcoin wallet from that input end up in a new address whose privkey i havent dumped or exposed

Since you are on github and have access, please open an issue there that i can track and come back to during coding. Already i've cleaned up the bidpage so adding additional stuff is not that hard. As for the other requests , let's list them as milestones on the git and we can pursue them.

Though...you do know that each new feature request == more code, more time, more delays , more study and more potential bugs.... so don't be too surprised if I push the rc further.

Let's just do what we can without too many delays. I'd like us to start the year with at least one working p2p service publicly released.

this is just an operations "best practice" suggestion, no code required.
looking for clarity on voting.
Adding:

ended up on a fork an hour and 20 min ago, block height  251738,
chains shows block hash 001208333b6ca7e1ca9955825f3dac3ac5bebbdd210fe262e70f27a167f02a4b
wallet shows hash 0002ff305d9536c02cd593464331b08241bfaa7262693797bb83191674eea71b
instead of just getting stuck at invalid block like normal though my wallet is synced at block height
251795 hash 0002d8bd600d7e309ab3f0283973c6de4770b3b552f8210a4595035e0d065129
chainz 251795 hash 0003f7fc0224905770b7eff53169a5d5c75f5de43bb0ff95ebfaf92ffdf9bfd8
anyways this is a proper fork, it split 60 blocks ago and both sides are mining. and block height is within 1 block (im not currently mining nor have i been) Anyways I'm connected to 91.230.123.101:8888 version 0.30.17.8/, im the same version.

I will be deleting and re-syncing. I suggest whoever is 91.230.123.101:8888 do the same, and maybe someone upload a bootstrap from the same chain that the explorer is on.
while re-syncing I connect to 4 peers and instantly get booted down to this single peer. deleted peers.dat and removed 91.230.123.101 from conf file. im now stuck at 251737 with the chainz hash showing as invalid :/
2015-11-22 20:37:53 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=001208333b6ca7e1ca9955825f3dac3ac5bebbdd210fe262e70f27a167f02a4b  height=251738  log2_work=35.94582  date=2015-11-22 19:04:34

tried sync again. stuck now for good
2015-11-22 20:52:58 UpdateTip: new best=0006eb215fe3f81487ee2671f1758f3be2a6896e25c0fd70e976d66d23154e75  height=251737  log2_work=35.94582  tx=260965  date=2015-11-22 19:04:15 progress=0.999303  cache=12
2015-11-22 20:52:58 ERROR: ConnectBlock(): banknode miningkey invalid
2015-11-22 20:52:58 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=001208333b6ca7e1ca9955825f3dac3ac5bebbdd210fe262e70f27a167f02a4b  height=251738  log2_work=35.94582  date=2015-11-22 19:04:34
2015-11-22 20:52:58 InvalidChainFound:  current best=0006eb215fe3f81487ee2671f1758f3be2a6896e25c0fd70e976d66d23154e75  height=251737  log2_work=35.94582  date=2015-11-22 19:04:15
2015-11-22 20:52:58 ERROR: ConnectTip(): ConnectBlock 001208333b6ca7e1ca9955825f3dac3ac5bebbdd210fe262e70f27a167f02a4b failed
2015-11-22 20:52:58 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=001208333b6ca7e1ca9955825f3dac3ac5bebbdd210fe262e70f27a167f02a4b  height=251738  log2_work=35.94582  date=2015-11-22 19:04:34
2015-11-22 20:52:58 InvalidChainFound:  current best=0006eb215fe3f81487ee2671f1758f3be2a6896e25c0fd70e976d66d23154e75  height=251737  log2_work=35.94582  date=2015-11-22 19:04:15
2015-11-22 20:52:58 ERROR: AcceptBlockHeader : block is marked invalid
2015-11-22 20:52:58 ERROR: invalid header received
maybe 251737 is the issue as it replies with mining key invalid but processes the block, and the next one becomes an invalid block and the fork starts there. it should have thrown out block 251737? or im reading it wrong. either way my client bans all its peers for giving it invalid blocks and connections goes to zero.
Activity: 501
Merit: 503
here is a useful hint for people bidding and change addresses in a bitcoin client.

each time i send from my btc client, I dump the address i send from's privkey and import it into BCR with a label of bid date.
so the address i get paid to in BCR shows up under inputs as bid1115 for nov 15th.
since bitcoin uses change addresses any other coins in my bitcoin wallet from that input end up in a new address whose privkey i havent dumped or exposed

Since you are on github and have access, please open an issue there that i can track and come back to during coding. Already i've cleaned up the bidpage so adding additional stuff is not that hard. As for the other requests , let's list them as milestones on the git and we can pursue them.

Though...you do know that each new feature request == more code, more time, more delays , more study and more potential bugs.... so don't be too surprised if I push the rc further.

Let's just do what we can without too many delays. I'd like us to start the year with at least one working p2p service publicly released.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501

legendary
Forget-about-it

legendary
Forget-about-it
Lol... i has given voting system, maybe it can be used to resolve this issue?  Tongue

Eventually we wnat to decentralize everything, true, ijust haven't gotten time to think on how to handle that. P2P lending during initial stages will be BCr only then it will expand to other currencies once i get round to finishing up inter-blockchain capabilities.

For now i am still working on base infrastructure.  if you are running the last release, it should sync automatically no problem.
yes i did say we can vote. you did deliver vote code, for me it freezes a windows machine on vote tab which i assume is to vote officers, and i dont see how to submit an idea to be voted on or cast vote for that.
If voting is intended to work as someone putting up 2 or more @6BCR addresses and stating an outcome per address then i missed that somewhere.
I do expect a vote system to have a time function built into it so we can say 1 week = 6300 blocks vote for this=@6bcr1 or that=@6BCR2 until block 257000. I dont see how to set this up.
Lol... i has given voting system, maybe it can be used to resolve this issue?  Tongue

Eventually we wnat to decentralize everything, true, ijust haven't gotten time to think on how to handle that. P2P lending during initial stages will be BCr only then it will expand to other currencies once i get round to finishing up inter-blockchain capabilities.

For now i am still working on base infrastructure.  if you are running the last release, it should sync automatically no problem.
legendary
Forget-about-it

Windows or linux?

The only str error i have seen on the last public client was from a damaged wallet. do a salvage and try again.

I think the pemine should be added into circulation now while the price is low, because it can potentially crash the price when it does rise. better now than later.

I like the premine as a global funds reserve. If(/when?) the price goes up and the 6 mil is worth something:
A: It is in escrow so it can not be used to just dump, if you wanted to get any significant ammt for it now it would take the whole 6 mil to add up to something.
B: Community can vote to use it on specific things and amounts if its retained, therefore we will know how much is dumping and what we get for it. if you just crowdsource it now it cant be tracked. Say we want a sweet phone wallet and need to pay $500 for it down the road when BCR is worth say 4000 sat.. we vote to sell 50k over a week then pay the developer. everything is nice and in order.

At this point its hard to tell where everything goes to;
We know there is 6 mil from the 10 mil premine held by empoex. Empoex has been in business for 1 year and daily volume is low. we might consider transferring it to another escrow option in the future.

Im guessing bitcreditscc controls the sweep address from the BTC/LTC/Dash bidding. Hopefully there can be a way that the blockchain and banknodes can all participate in an escrow system for the bid $, obviously it will be incorporated in the p2p lending as i imagine it in my head. if the bid money is not allowed to be lent, it is in theory burnt which i dont believe is what we signed up for. and it cant just be controlled by bitcreditscc as great of a guy as he is Wink  

long story short:
-we should hold off until the 6 mil can be used for real improvements and used slowly, we will have the tools in the future to accomplish this sucessfully.
-we need to be clear on who holds funds and who will hold them in the future we need to decide or know what ways the bid funds can be put to use by development or users.

or we can dump 6mil on our current pool of 10-30 followers for a negligible ammt of BTC that will likely not be enough to purchase anything worth while.
What was most frustrating problem with wallet for me is str13 error (str12 also), I get it when trying to fresh sync, it reaches some block with NA transaction and then it stops, then you can only wait to be lucky enough to miss a broken peers.

I had to stop my BNs because it wasn't profitable enough, maybe lastly it wasn't giving me much problems (it was rather stable), but when one thing was falling down then immediately next problem appeared.

After a month, I have realised that BN mining has never properly worked for me, it only showed some 8.4 BCR fees when was directly mining on BN, when using external wallets it only showed 6 BCR fees, don't know how to check if it were BN or BN-mining fees, it ate too much of my personal life, I will calmly decide what to do next.

Out of curiosity, I would like to know when this "friendly mining" will end, correct me if I'm wrong but 5qoFUCqPUE4pyjus6U6jD6ba4oHR6NZ7c7 and 6133GZGV2XRnS53DkLSWrK661TsQMqnewL are constantly harvesting 1,8 fees + 3K superblock rewards and it ends up on exchange sell, it won't help in any way to current price.

It's obvious there's a need for more guides, clear messages and change with communicating with users, no one want to do it, maybe price is the reason, this thread was more optimistic in the beginning.

I get that bitcreditscc has no time for such a trivial problems as users have, he's busy with innovating, but if there's some urgent need to have more devs and rather competent ones, it clear that they will not come here disinterestedly, so this is time to finally hire them.

There's still a premine which could be used, but current price is rather pathetic, this would be very rash and stupid to sell this 6M for present price (further depressing it), so some solution must be made up.

Windows or linux?

The only str error i have seen on the last public client was from a damaged wallet. do a salvage and try again.

I think the pemine should be added into circulation now while the price is low, because it can potentially crash the price when it does rise. better now than later.
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
What was most frustrating problem with wallet for me is str13 error (str12 also), I get it when trying to fresh sync, it reaches some block with NA transaction and then it stops, then you can only wait to be lucky enough to miss a broken peers.

I had to stop my BNs because it wasn't profitable enough, maybe lastly it wasn't giving me much problems (it was rather stable), but when one thing was falling down then immediately next problem appeared.

After a month, I have realised that BN mining has never properly worked for me, it only showed some 8.4 BCR fees when was directly mining on BN, when using external wallets it only showed 6 BCR fees, don't know how to check if it were BN or BN-mining fees, it ate too much of my personal life, I will calmly decide what to do next.

Out of curiosity, I would like to know when this "friendly mining" will end, correct me if I'm wrong but 5qoFUCqPUE4pyjus6U6jD6ba4oHR6NZ7c7 and 6133GZGV2XRnS53DkLSWrK661TsQMqnewL are constantly harvesting 1,8 fees + 3K superblock rewards and it ends up on exchange sell, it won't help in any way to current price.

It's obvious there's a need for more guides, clear messages and change with communicating with users, no one want to do it, maybe price is the reason, this thread was more optimistic in the beginning.

I get that bitcreditscc has no time for such a trivial problems as users have, he's busy with innovating, but if there's some urgent need to have more devs and rather competent ones, it clear that they will not come here disinterestedly, so this is time to finally hire them.

There's still a premine which could be used, but current price is rather pathetic, this would be very rash and stupid to sell this 6M for present price (further depressing it), so some solution must be made up.

I want to restart the vote on what to do with the 6M in escrow. I think that now would be an ideal time to re-introduce those coins into circulation. There is barely any market volume, most opt to hold and the price is low, this will cut off any controversy and price crashes of bringing it in at a higher price mark.

Since bidding clearly works, why not put them up for auction?  Set a number of days, maybe till end of December as a period of bidding. It gives people time to decide whether to participate or not and get's it done in a way that benefits the system (without taking too much of the dev's time)

I admit that I have and do complain in this thread about the QT but like I said 3 BN that have been offline for over a month now.

I am not a dev or can't help in this area at all (I can only offer help/support by mining and keeping the blockchain moving.)

If you would like some advice/help on this issue maybe you can contact the DOGED dev. He is really good at this and I know he offered advice/help with another coin I mined a while ago.

Please don't take that as being disrespectful but it is worth a shot.

I would just like to get my BN back online and collecting payouts. Because I can't tell you how much I have missed out now.

Hi

What exactly is the problem? Have you tried using the latest client and the bootstrap? i spin up new wallets every few times the dev pushes things to git and i am not having any problems.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

Quick peek at the query page.  looks like dev wants to support multiple DB types. It could allow use of external, even remote DB....ie users in SPV mode or with limited resources can rent access to a TrustDB from a BN owner.

Did it connect? Actually, i was trying to figure out how to have a server environment with user access control, as well as securing the embedded DB with hahsing + passwords...or maybe specific tables?

We really need someone good with QT and someone good with databases.

I admit that I have and do complain in this thread about the QT but like I said 3 BN that have been offline for over a month now.

I am not a dev or can't help in this area at all (I can only offer help/support by mining and keeping the blockchain moving.)

If you would like some advice/help on this issue maybe you can contact the DOGED dev. He is really good at this and I know he offered advice/help with another coin I mined a while ago.

Please don't take that as being disrespectful but it is worth a shot.

I would just like to get my BN back online and collecting payouts. Because I can't tell you how much I have missed out now.

Quick peek at the query page.  looks like dev wants to support multiple DB types. It could allow use of external, even remote DB....ie users in SPV mode or with limited resources can rent access to a TrustDB from a BN owner.

Did it connect? Actually, i was trying to figure out how to have a server environment with user access control, as well as securing the embedded DB with hahsing + passwords...or maybe specific tables?

We really need someone good with QT and someone good with databases.

Thumbs up for a innovative project and a great dev that keep on working.

Smiley

Thanks
New work week. Let's see if we can get an rc out by midweek.

Will it include P2P lending?

Unless something goes wrong, yes.

What is the point of adding p2p lending when people can't sync a wallet, and why do you ignore the users asking for help in getting their BN synced up. This project is a complete shamble always introducing new features before ensuring a stable base to build on. How about fixing existing issues before releasing yet another rc?

It's open source...you can submit a pull request.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Thumbs up for a innovative project and a great dev that keep on working.

What is the point of adding p2p lending when people can't sync a wallet, and why do you ignore the users asking for help in getting their BN synced up. This project is a complete shamble always introducing new features before ensuring a stable base to build on. How about fixing existing issues before releasing yet another rc?

Chainz , bittrex and a ton of nodes are online working. Simply following the basic directions will solve all your problems. The only stable coins are clones with zero innovation. No alt can claim stability while still under such heavy development. So unless you prefer clones, buckle up, it's a bumpy ride.  How many ICOs and quick coins have you "invested" in with nothing to show for it? I'm just happy he's stuck it out and keeps going. Almost a year now and most projects started around the same time no longer have their devs, instead of complaints , i'd give him applause.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

Pages:
Jump to: