Pages:
Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 82. (Read 284526 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 250
Tried to sync newest wallet in ubuntu, even clean from the start , still sync to 210000 then stops.
Which addnodes to use, this from chainz :

addnode=146.90.136.80
addnode=188.193.114.167

or previous, old once ? Used the first and nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
if theres no win based 30.17.3 in the next few hours ill try and dig up a virtual machine and import my banknode to a linux build to try and move this forward. fingers crossed for a win build.
Activity: 431
Merit: 105
so who's got a working 30173 version or 30172 version that accepts blocks from 30173?

cause no one has got the 030.17.3 version besides a few, blocks out of that one aren't showing inside 030172 and or other way around !

211008 this should be the longest chain not on version 3 but on 2? i guess.

chainz is at 210004 still for several hours. any compiled version on that last one>
guess the test version is not the one with version .3 but still v0.30.17.2-alpha

thanks will go to sleep after a nice answer
legendary
Forget-about-it
someone on the 210001-210003 chain could dump the block hash(s) and we could checkpoint the fork block maybe? also we could put up a bootstrap blocks chainstate folder for windows users when the 17.3 win wallets ready so they can sync easy. consider making this a harder fork by making a larger diff retarget down per block to get us on track quicker? heck if bittrex was working i could set up another 2 banknodes to mine against
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
Those on the old chain aren't our problem, the problem is the supported chain, well not really a problem we'll get it going in a bit. I'm just going over the pointer i have here to make sure they aren't mucking things up any further

So the bittrex chain and people that still use older win wallet, because there is no new wallet 0.30.17.3 yet, which also sometimes ends with fork are not 'our problem' - great logic.

EDIT:

"Just a thought...seeing as how we have a continuous stream of updates...why not have auto updates? Maybe have our own PPA and then users can add it to unattended updates...with scripts that start the daemons again, start BNs and start mining?"

It would be good if some options would be given, just like not to use mining.

Maybe to use something like Dashman would be more informative https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12424066;topicseen#msg12424066

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

Just for a test few hours ago I fired one BN (wallet 301703, git "better undo" I know there is newer already)with old chain that sync to 210000 and then stopped, so it's my fault too ?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
here comes the problem with "real value"... that makes this a commodity!!! They are regulated by LAW...
US != The Earth. Best you mine something worthless then, to be on the safe side?

the second problem is the same as ever... if you can't transfer and sell... where is the value?
How can you not transfer and sell? If you mean the Bittrex wallet is currently locked, it's not the end of the world. See my previous post about putting up with some temporary problems in persuit of a worthwhile goal.

the mining is now centralized... and restricted...
BNs solo mining results in far better decentralisation than any other PoW coin excepy maybe Spread. Yes it's restricted, now you need to own a BN, not a $1000 mining rig, what's your point?

i wonder how long til the coin lists notice and mark us "unable to be mined"...
I don't care about some toytown crypto mining comparison site, and neither should you.

you intentionally made it so anyone with power can basically lock the chain....
Quite the opposite. See previous point about better decentralisation.

i will setup my Node today and we will see what happens?
Smiley

PLEASE PEOPLE REALIZE: as before, i do not hide what i am doing... i am trying to help make the network better, NOT TAKE ALL THE BLOCKS!!!
OK.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
here comes the problem with "real value"... that makes this a commodity!!! They are regulated by LAW...
the second problem is the same as ever... if you can't transfer and sell... where is the value?

PLEASE PEOPLE REALIZE: as before, i do not hide what i am doing... i am trying to help make the network better, NOT TAKE ALL THE BLOCKS!!!

What value does mining add?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

Activity: 525
Merit: 510
What's up with the BCR wallet on Bittrex?

EDIT:
I guess the problem is known.
Those on the old chain aren't our problem, the problem is the supported chain, well not really a problem we'll get it going in a bit. I'm just going over the pointer i have here to make sure they aren't mucking things up any further
I can confirm the database errors, they are a result of a bad pointer, also been watching my debug all day and have been adjusting things accordingly. c++ is just not memory friendly.
legendary
Forget-about-it
Great news!!!

Do you know what will be with BCR mined v0.30.17.2 BN?

I don't think you'll be able to mine anything until you get your BN(s) set up on 17.3.

I know it's as frustrating as hell for a lot of you, all these updates, bugs and breakages, it's frustrating for me being unable to help out more - but try and remember the goal - having a viable, scalable banking platform with a base currency that's actually, really worth something...

We can all name dozens of coins that have promised the earth where development has mysteriously ground to a halt after the initial pump and dump. Look at the BCR repo - and remember that for each push to it, there's hours of iterative testing that you don't see. Mistakes happen, but progress is being made and I can't speak for anyone else but personally I wouldn't be banging my head against bloody C++ if I didn't think that BCR will be worth a hell of a lot more in the future than it is currently.  Cheesy

edit: If your client is showing anything beyond block 210004 (just now) you're going to have to resync from block 210000 when you get 17.3.
this is not fun. multiple people have pointed out way higher chain heights and no ones using the word FORK. your saying the main chains only done 3 blocks since switchover yesterday? and theres no binaries for windows users to help mine.. im sorry the only thing i can help with is 1 BN of some windows hash, and i know things are very hectic here, but we need some direction. for instance, change the announce title mention fork/update
lets change this:
Wallet Links  -- Current Version 0.30.17.2
Windows x64 0.30.17.1  
to the current wallet info text and correct the link, maybe keep a historical list of release versions right there and dates they expired so people can reference.

lets update the announce by removing miner links and miner conf and add an example banknode conf

heres an example bitcredit.conf you can paste in, it includes the 3 nodes which are listed on https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bcr/# as version 30.17.3
Code:

server=1
port=9999
listen=1
daemon=1
banknode=1
banknodeprivkey=    
banknodeaddr=        
externalip=              
bnminingkey=          
rpcuser=                
rpcpassword=        
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8776
addnode=146.90.136.80
addnode=188.193.114.167
addnode=91.230.123.101
maybe those addnodes should be connect= while we sort this fork. and for the meantime ive just turned off my wallet, hopefully the good people working on windows builds will release 17.3 for windows and we can get the chain moving (slowly)
legendary
First: I work on ubuntu server 14.something, actual release.

So the version from yesterday doesn´t work.
Todays version neither does.
Yesterday´s version made a db-crash after restart.
Deleting everything start from scratch, daemon starts and ends without any error.
Nothing else happend.

Today´s version works like the one from yesterday.
Daemon starts and ends without any logged error.
This is created in .bitcredit-folder:
"backups  bitcredit.conf  bitcreditd.pid  blocks  chainstate  database  db.log"
db.log is empty.
No errors are logged.
No wallet.dat is created

There doesn´t work/run anything.
Try it by yourself with a fresh instance..

lg t.

Reported on git: https://github.com/bitcreditscc/bicreditsnew/issues/46

Temp workaround: restart with 16.x client, let it run a few secs, close it, then restart with 17.3 and it should sync up. Also, for me, having "port=8877" in bitcredit.conf gets me more connections faster.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
First: I work on ubuntu server 14.something, actual release.

So the version from yesterday doesn´t work.
Todays version neither does.
Yesterday´s version made a db-crash after restart.
Deleting everything start from scratch, daemon starts and ends without any error.
Nothing else happend.

Today´s version works like the one from yesterday.
Daemon starts and ends without any logged error.
This is created in .bitcredit-folder:
"backups  bitcredit.conf  bitcreditd.pid  blocks  chainstate  database  db.log"
db.log is empty.
No errors are logged.
No wallet.dat is created

There doesn´t work/run anything.
Try it by yourself with a fresh instance..

lg t.
Just a thought...seeing as how we have a continuous stream of updates...why not have auto updates? Maybe have our own PPA and then users can add it to unattended updates...with scripts that start the daemons again, start BNs and start mining?
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
Great news!!!

I don't think you'll be able to mine anything until you get your BN(s) set up on 17.3.

I know it's as frustrating as hell for a lot of you, all these updates, bugs and breakages, it's frustrating for me being unable to help out more - but try and remember the goal - having a viable, scalable banking platform with a base currency that's actually, really worth something...

We can all name dozens of coins that have promised the earth where development has mysteriously ground to a halt after the initial pump and dump. Look at the BCR repo - and remember that for each push to it, there's hours of iterative testing that you don't see. Mistakes happen, but progress is being made and I can't speak for anyone else but personally I wouldn't be banging my head against bloody C++ if I didn't think that BCR will be worth a hell of a lot more in the future than it is currently.  Cheesy

edit: If your client is showing anything beyond block 210004 (just now) you're going to have to resync from block 210000 when you get 17.3.
That is fine, but why bittrex is blocked before new while the new client is still not out?
legendary
Great news!!!

Great news!!!

legendary
Is the wallet v0.30.17.2 still accurate or to stop BN and the wallet?

You'll need 17.3 I think, hopefully the excellent dragos will compile a Win version soon.

Chain is moving again, diff back down... Smiley
Code:
getmininginfo
{
"blocks" : 210003,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00000009,
"errors" : "",
"genproclimit" : 1,
"networkhashps" : 14,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false,
"chain" : "main",
"generate" : true,
"hashespermin" : 4
}

Is the wallet v0.30.17.2 still accurate or to stop BN and the wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: