Pages:
Author

Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈ - page 86. (Read 284526 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I transfer all my coins to bittrex because I don't trust my wallet anymore.

Your BCR is safe, it doesn't live in the wallet. And if you don't trust the wallet, you shouldn't be using it to send money anywhere...  Wink

You're right  Wink
I mean I don't trust myself to accidentally erase my wallet with all that changes.

Backups, stored somewhere else! And dumpprivkey for any address you've got a big amount stored in, has saved me grief several times!  Smiley
Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Your BCR is safe, it doesn't live in the wallet. And if you don't trust the wallet, you shouldn't be using it to send money anywhere...  Wink

You're right  Wink
I mean I don't trust myself to accidentally erase my wallet with all that changes.
legendary

Your BCR is safe, it doesn't live in the wallet. And if you don't trust the wallet, you shouldn't be using it to send money anywhere...  Wink

Anyway, I've removed the non-working Redeem button on the bids page for the time being as interacting programatically with the RPC code is a PITA. I can do it pretty simply via an external call to bitcredit-cli but I'm doubtful about passing privkeys out to a terminal. In the meantime, I've put some hopefully clear instructions there instead:

Activity: 352
Latest builds sometime works good and sometime have to restarted several times. I am a little stubborn so at the end i win not the client Smiley
This!
But I gave up.
But the problem is serious. As more and more people interested in BITCREDIT, the need for a wallet that works in all circumstances becomes number one mission.
Activity: 525
Merit: 510
Is anyone still having windows issues? the latest builds by dragos have been working like a charm today....
What is the latest x64 build? So I can test on Windows 7 x64, Windows 8.1 x64, and Windows 10 x64.
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
Is anyone still having windows issues? the latest builds by dragos have been working like a charm today....

Same issues and 0.30.16.8 worked there without any problems.

When you will release mandatory BN mining I will be out of luck and without any solution, so will wait and see what's next, if I'm not the only one then I guess there will be no more 100 BNs.

@dbt1033

This issues are not connected win system version (tried Win 7 and 2008 with different compatibility modes/admin right), are not related with specific wallet/conf settings/blockchain (tried with empty).

Latest builds sometime works good and sometime have to restarted several times. I am a little stubborn so at the end i win not the client Smiley

It's not so simple, I started x32 version once but it showed an error at closing and from this moment can't even load a wallet "loading banknode cache", even cleaned registry, trying to see a difference from my main system.

I run x32 client on my laptop, Windows 7 without problem
Activity: 260

When you will release mandatory BN mining I will be out of luck and without any solution, so will wait and see what's next, if I'm not the only one then I guess there will be no more 100 BNs.

@dbt1033

This issues are not connected win system version (tried Win 7 and 2008 with different compatibility modes/admin right), are not related with specific wallet/conf settings/blockchain (tried with empty).

It's not so simple, I started x32 version once but it showed an error at closing and from this moment can't even load a wallet "loading banknode cache", even cleaned registry, trying to see a difference from my main system.

@dbt1033

Activity: 260

@dbt1033

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

I'll check it out when I get home from work.  The last one crashed every time I tried to launch it....even when I launched it over and over again.

Maybe it's a Windows 10 issue?

There are some new builds from yesterday that have been working on my VMs without a hitch, restarted QT maybe 5 times so far on each x86 and x64.
legendary
Activity: 1274

I'll check it out when I get home from work.  The last one crashed every time I tried to launch it....even when I launched it over and over again.

Maybe it's a Windows 10 issue?

will push an update in a couple of hours, effectively seal all known loopholes that are preventing payout to bids aka donations.

1) Prevents consecutive blocks from single node
2) BN node only mining.

You will use bnminingkey=XXXXXX in your config with XXX being your Banknode's address

Depending on how long it takes, i am going to try and write temporary fall back code using the current method in bidtracker.cpp. Then i will try write it from scratch using json on my own time.

bnminingkey= will be instead of banknodeaddr=, or additional one.

in addition to...lol i think by the time we are on version 0.30.20 the config file of heavy duty users could easily be twenty lines before the addnodes.

i want extremely easy but flexible customization, because each service provider/ user will have different needs and use different features in combos.
will push an update in a couple of hours, effectively seal all known loopholes that are preventing payout to bids aka donations.

2) BN node only mining.

You will use bnminingkey=XXXXXX in your config with XXX being your Banknode's address

Depending on how long it takes, i am going to try and write temporary fall back code using the current method in bidtracker.cpp. Then i will try write it from scratch using json on my own time.

bnminingkey= will be instead of banknodeaddr=, or additional one.
legendary

2) BN node only mining.

Great news! Will update when I get home and chuck some more BNs up tonight.
gonna add vanitygen with specific limitations. As i mentioned before , BNs will later on be required to have a key that follows the format 6BCRbnk , what this format does is "6BCR" (valid to receive votes and ratings as well as has the power to blacklist an address) "bnk" (is of type banknode)

using this format specification we can further manipulate things in the system to get better and better results. 

other prefixes will be published for various aspects.... much like votes for certain things will go to "aye" and "nay" addresses.

2) BN node only mining.

so where and how is this adding to the value of bcr? i see from the addresses none has been spent? they will be used to buy bcr? right? off the market? isn't that how you are supposedly adding value?   please somebody bring me up to date? i work too much right now and don't have time to read the novel that this forum has become...
Freshly minted BCR is available to anyone to bid for. In time there will be fiat bidding too. Substitute whatever word for 'bid' you like. The proceeds of those sales will be moved out of the bidding addresses that appear in-wallet daily into secure multisig storage. There are 5 of us with keys, 3 are needed to access the funds. It is my hope that the BTC/LTC/DASH we generate from BCR sales will be converted into PMs and securely vaulted in multiple locations (with a formal security structure yet to be decided) since it makes no sense to 'back' BCR with 'assets' (BTC/LTC/DASH) that are themselves unbacked, although it might make sense to keep maybe 10% as crypotofiat. Again, details to be confirmed.

BCR thus acquires real and tangible backing, and an ever growing assured minimum value, a step back towards sound money - a concept abandoned by for example your dear and fluffy US back in 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve, final nail in the coffin in 1971 when Nixon dropped the gold standard completely, which has resulted in you needing $1000 today to buy what $40 would have bought you a hundred years ago.

Succinct enough?

and please where are those links to how to setup a banknode, or whatever you are calling the cheap ones?
and hey? what happens to the bcr the other coins buy?

and who has control of all of this? what happened to a "trustless system"?

doesntmatter

There's a link to the wiki in-wallet, click the About Bitcredit icon along the bottom. Or go read any CRAVE or DASH guide.

We're not buying BCR with the other coins, see above.

bitcreditscc is in control of all this, with input welcomed from whoever wishes to provide any. 'Trustless' is easy to do when all you've got is a fistful of air. It's impossible when you're trying to establish meaningful real world systems.

The bidding addresses are transit addresses and nothing has been sent out because those who made bids are yet to receive their dues(thanks to you)  Tongue .

Look at any crypto-asset's market , what percentage of the overall supply can be sold at fair market value? What % can be sold before the price tends to zero? You can only sell < 30K BCR within 10 % variation of current price, any further and you are selling into low prices beyond nominal variance. The overall market buy side will tend to zero if there is a sell off of < 8% of the supply, such a situation is unstable and unsustainable.  The move from entrenched structures such as this is in no way easy and many will fail to understand what we are pushing forward, it will take a while. BCR is slowly starting to represent a realistic, complex monetary ecosystem backed by something other than debt or hot air.

We have provable investments of (as of today) 3.5 million in BNs, which do not move, we also have an additional known 4.5 million that is in BNs that are offline (likely waiting for the last update) . Further we have a security fund of 6 million, this brings us to a grand total of 14 million that is out of circulation. Using this you can then calculate that fluid BCR is actually just 30% of the existing supply, already we begin to start having a clearer picture of the state of the ecosystem. Even the income generation streams are being diversified beyond mining, with emphasis on activity that benefits the system.
legendary
so where and how is this adding to the value of bcr? i see from the addresses none has been spent? they will be used to buy bcr? right? off the market? isn't that how you are supposedly adding value?   please somebody bring me up to date? i work too much right now and don't have time to read the novel that this forum has become...
Freshly minted BCR is available to anyone to bid for. In time there will be fiat bidding too. Substitute whatever word for 'bid' you like. The proceeds of those sales will be moved out of the bidding addresses that appear in-wallet daily into secure multisig storage. There are 5 of us with keys, 3 are needed to access the funds. It is my hope that the BTC/LTC/DASH we generate from BCR sales will be converted into PMs and securely vaulted in multiple locations (with a formal security structure yet to be decided) since it makes no sense to 'back' BCR with 'assets' (BTC/LTC/DASH) that are themselves unbacked, although it might make sense to keep maybe 10% as crypotofiat. Again, details to be confirmed.

BCR thus acquires real and tangible backing, and an ever growing assured minimum value, a step back towards sound money - a concept abandoned by for example your dear and fluffy US back in 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve, final nail in the coffin in 1971 when Nixon dropped the gold standard completely, which has resulted in you needing $1000 today to buy what $40 would have bought you a hundred years ago.

Succinct enough?

and please where are those links to how to setup a banknode, or whatever you are calling the cheap ones?

doesntmatter

There's a link to the wiki in-wallet, click the About Bitcredit icon along the bottom. Or go read any CRAVE or DASH guide.

We're not buying BCR with the other coins, see above.

bitcreditscc is in control of all this, with input welcomed from whoever wishes to provide any. 'Trustless' is easy to do when all you've got is a fistful of air. It's impossible when you're trying to establish meaningful real world systems.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
so where and how is this adding to the value of bcr? i see from the addresses none has been spent? they will be used to buy bcr? right? off the market? isn't that how you are supposedly adding value?   please somebody bring me up to date? i work too much right now and don't have time to read the novel that this forum has become...

doesntmatter
Pages:
Jump to: