Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 52. (Read 378562 times)

donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
We need information on current mining stats.  Now.

Chill the fuck out Little Lord Fauntleroy, demanding much?
As we have said previously we are working on a solution so that you guys can follow our hashing power in real time, but it is not yet complete.
Please have some patience, Willem will contribute a update soon.
//DeaDTerra
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
#hardworkpaysoff

Chill the fuck out Little Lord Fauntleroy, demanding much?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
^ THIS ^
Where are the BTCs from the units go to?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
donator
Activity: 994
Are we going to be self mining or on a pool? Would really love to see IceDrill take some of that power away from GHash.
With a 18,000 TH/s network you need a minimum of about 18,000/2016 * (10-100) ~ (90-900) TH/s for self mining to make any sense which is about 1%-10% of the network, due to the uncertainty in the block generation algorithm (Poisson distribution). 1% right now is about 180 TH/s which equals about 150 Sierra Units - so the short answer is IceDrill needs to partner with other operators and form a mining pool or use an existing mining pool in the short term.

The granularity of the bitcoin mining subsidy is one of the problems of the bitcoin mining protocol, and will likely end in representational governance of the mining network. It is my understanding that IceDrill strives to have a "full seat" in such an environment, which forces it to maintain a 0.1-1% threshold.

I haven't seen the business plan of IceDrill so I cannot guarantee that this is what they're actually pursuing. The other question mark is the underlying economic model to sustain a 0.1-1%.
legendary
Activity: 817
Are we going to be self mining or on a pool? Would really love to see IceDrill take some of that power away from GHash.
Activity: 163
legendary
Activity: 1029
So, miners are on almost one month now. When first dividends?
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
6 to a rack?
The rack photos showed two 220V / 30 amp plugs per rack.   That is 14,400 W per rack in electric capacity.
Please tell me these things are not pulling 2000W each?
Please tell me that you just like the number 6 and have so many racks you do not need to put 8 or 9 in each rack.

Sorry i've been out of touch of late guys. Will post something more comprehensive soon, but tech deployment is taking up 24/7 at the moment.

Decision for 6/rack is currently based on a bunch of factors:
1. I'm short, but we have a ladder available Smiley
2. Coolest air is @ floor, they don't need much of this yet as we're stabilizing @ nominal for the moment.
3. we have 2x5kW PDUs per rack and 20 racks - we can fill the racks to the top if we underclock (space becomes an issue).
4. Awaiting latest firmware binaries, will deploying cgminer 3.11 probably sometime in the next 24h - keen for stability checks on that before we change config too much.

We've been working with the HF tech & logistics team daily for the last couple of weeks and I can say they're absolutely giving us everything we need while we scale up, and are wonderful people to work with.

Had a couple of classes of Ice wine for the 1st time last night. It's cold in Montreal... gotta run, need to clone some RPis...
Thanks for the update.   And remember, Ice Wine is sweet but too much gives the worst hangovers (too much sugar).
Activity: 179
6 to a rack?
The rack photos showed two 220V / 30 amp plugs per rack.   That is 14,400 W per rack in electric capacity.
Please tell me that you just like the number 6 and have so many racks you do not need to put 8 or 9 in each rack.

Sorry i've been out of touch of late guys. Will post something more comprehensive soon, but tech deployment is taking up 24/7 at the moment.

Decision for 6/rack is currently based on a bunch of factors:
1. I'm short, but we have a ladder available Smiley
2. Coolest air is @ floor, they don't need much of this yet as we're stabilizing @ nominal for the moment.
3. we have 2x5kW PDUs per rack and 20 racks - we can fill the racks to the top if we underclock (space becomes an issue).
4. Awaiting latest firmware binaries, will deploying cgminer 3.11 probably sometime in the next 24h - keen for stability checks on that before we change config too much.

We've been working with the HF tech & logistics team daily for the last couple of weeks and I can say they're absolutely giving us everything we need while we scale up, and are wonderful people to work with.

Had a couple of classes of Ice wine for the 1st time last night. It's cold in Montreal... gotta run, need to clone some RPis...

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Finally!

Thank you for the quick update.

Anything on shares being tradeable again?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Maybe not 2000W, but i guess that something around/just a bit over 1500W is plausible.
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Thank you guys. And have no mercy for HF.
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
now thats what I call an update !

Grin nice work guys, keep it up.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
6 to a rack?
donator
Thanks for the update.. can you tell us what's our hashrate atm?
Our maximum hashing power is about 25-32 Thash at the moment, but we are dealing with stability issues and we are working on better reporting software, to form our basis of our watchdog system.
We are currently talking with ckolivas to help improve CgMiner.
//DeaDTerra
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Thanks for the update.. can you tell us what's our hashrate atm?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
donator
Hi!
We are currently evaluating the options we have and we are talking to HashFast about accommodation for missing the guarantee date.
Last time I talked to Willem we had 20+ Units going, some at full capacity some below full capacity (yellow dot units).

We are getting units from HashFast on almost a daily basis and as they are ramping up their production. We are looking to establish a long term solution for them to have a manageable delivery schedule.

As for the slow updates, I will try to post more when we actually have a deal signed and on the table, posting anything more right now will only cause more FUD.
We are working on the situation and together with our biggest shareholders we have formed an advisory board to help us make decisions easier and to get feedback from our investors.

As for the bitcoin address, we are currently mining on several pools. What we want to do is connect these through API to icedrill.io to provide live hashing numbers, so you can folllow our progress, this is in the pipelines.

We are taking tons of high res pictures, we will post them as soon as we have time to edit them and remove any sensitive data.

We are currently doing a audit of our books, we are aiming to have something. We are aiming to post public financial report at the end of the January.

Willem will try to get a post out this weekend updating everyone on his side, regarding the tech and our setup. Everyone in the team is currently really busy working on accommodation, legal and/or hardware.

//DeaDTerra
Pages:
Jump to: