Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 79. (Read 378562 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Also, is it possible to get a baby jet for 40,000 shares?

Unless Hashfast would be able guarantee a batch 1 delivery, 40,000 shares for a batch 2 baby jet is far too much. Further still, if you remove all the individuals with fewer than 120,000 shares, the average shareholder has only ~6,500 shares. That still leaves a very large majority of people without much of a reasonable option at this point.

However, I might be interested in seeing if a group buy, organized, price negotiated and paid by IceDrill to Hashfast for Nov. batch 2 Baby Jets. The current going price for a BJet out of b2 is $2,760 -or- about 22BTC -or- nearly 16,000 shares. I think that may still be too high for a lot of shareholders, but with a large b2 order, IceDrill should be able to negotiate a better price. I think it would be ideal to try to get units to holders for as little as 10,000 shares. This equates to approximately $1,750 at current BTC price for a BJet -or- ~$4.38 per GH (HF's current b2 price is $6.90/Gh). This gives shareholders with at least 10,000 shares a good option and the benefit of the appreciated value on the coin they spent at the beginning of the IPO offering. Obviously, whether or not Hashfast would be willing to go that low is uncertain. Those with less than the 10,000 shares may then be better served with a buyback option at .0014-.0015 per share, or a shared hardware hosting contract - don't really see an easy way to handle the smaller hands in this IPO beyond that.

There is unlikely to be a wonderful solution for everyone given the mess it has become. -and I place no blame upon IceDrill for it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Hi All

We've been reading all of the feedback and will answer all questions and address all concerns shortly.

Why not just give US investors their money back for what they paid on shares? I would be happy with that. If I was going to buy hardware I would just buy directly from hashfast instead of through you. If you're unable to live up to the terms of the arrangement for whatever reason, it's not the investors fault. Just issue a refund to all US investors and move on. If you have to take a loss to do so, so be it. Stop pushing your problems off onto investors.

Investors should also stop pushing the problems to icedrill. it's not icedrill fault either. why not blame Bitfunder or Government?

Refund sounds even weird, since when bad investment decision get refunded?

People were warned. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3283388
Activity: 226
Can you please confirm: As a non-US investor I can get verified and hold the shares. You will be paying dividends via BitFunder.
Activity: 179
Q&A: Share destruction for hardware ownership option.

Hosted hardware sounds good... but what if you don't have 120 000 shares? What if you have, say, 5000 shares?

We don't have an elegant solution to this at the moment, but we’re working on a proposal. We welcome any suggestions/guidance on the matter and will post the proposal when it’s ready. The basic premise for the proposal would be to preserve the terms of the original investment in a (shared) hosting solution.

Where is it shipping from?  I want to know which customs it will go through.

The machines will undergo final assembly in Canada.

So for a 1.2 TH unit it will cost 120000*.0014 (FTFY) = 168BTC or aprox $22,000 USD

The cost of this direct from the website is $7,080
https://hashfast.com/shop/sierra-2/?gclid=CILwmeTRiroCFUMzpAod5UMAzA

For the duration of our IPO the valuation of BTC spot price was stable around $100. All 0.0014 and 0.0015 BTC shares sold within that week.

The $7080 cost you're showing is for a batch 2 Sierra, which will ship about a month later (see: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3242499) than the batch 1 Sierras we'll be deploying.

Sorry if I missed it, but what if we still wanted to keep our shares as US Citizens? How would we be collecting dividends and potentially sell our shares later?

This means I don't have to get rid of my shares but it wasn't clear if Dividends can still be paid for them (If not then I agree with you, someone verified would have to hold them)

If Dividends can still be paid, I can still withdraw bitcoins from bitfunder and would rather just leave the shares in there.

Seems risky, but it's a very valid question. We're awaiting a response from Ukyo on this.

i am not from US and i dont want to clear my position?!

You scale down the mine and crash the stock. dont do this.

Clearing your position is optional, we cannot and will not force you to do it. Please note that the total amount of shares will also be scaled down proportionally (by destroying them). This means that in terms of hashing power per share and in terms of reinvestment per share, the amount will stay the same.

When I paid for .0014 BTC a share, not only did I expect 10 MH/share but also hosting, maintenance, management, potential dividends, etc.  IceDrill now wants to swap shares for hardware without taking into account the other factors.

The hosting proposal is forthcoming and will take into account all factors. It is designed to be an all-in, full-service hosting offer which will aim to preserve the terms of the original investment in a hosting solution.

maybe havelockinvestments could help?

Would this not just be delaying the same issue? Even though we have been in contact with Havelock, we don't think the US regulatory landscape will change before the mine is operational.

And if there are regulatory issues for you guys too, then U.S. asset holders can show you some stinking photo ID so you can comply with the KYC regulations.

As I understand it the problem isn't with non-verified US persons. The problem is with US persons, photo ID submission does not address the issue.

If someone has a suggestion to preserve the original intent of the investment, while complying with the regulatory requirements, I am sure IceDrill will consider it.

Completely agree. We'll seriously consider any viable suggestions for solutions on this matter. To date we've only seen "move to another trading platform" as a suggestion, which we feel is untenable long-term.

A managed hardware solution (i.e. hosting) is a start, but it needs to include all the privileges the original contract had in mind.

The shares for hardware proposal does not include any actual information (especially on the parameters for the hosting option). Preserving the original investment via a hosting contract (as jimbobway mentioned) is the intent so we're modelling the hosting offer around that. We’re just waiting on confirmation of some parameters and will post a summary of it when ready.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
Guys, just hold your shares, you can still withdraw your dividend just that you cant sell your shares...

What makes you think that is the case?
Activity: 434
Guys, just hold your shares, you can still withdraw your dividend just that you cant sell your shares...
Activity: 392
Ask icebreaker what we should do.. I thought she was the spokeswoman? 
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
wow, what is with all the fuss?  I think people are forgetting that operating costs need to be deducted before dividends are paid to us. So, IceDrill is not double charging anyone. They are just letting you see the cost now versus taking it out first before giving you the dividend. Having said that, the shipping cost thing is a bxtch. They could take shipment  to their DC in bulk (which saves a lot of cost), which I can't do with my 1 machine or whatever without paying a lot for shipping. However, for the big investors, I would take the machines in a heartbeat. Why take the risk of any US regulation which will eventually hit any platform that touches U.S individuals?

Please don't convert everything into 'direct' shares. No matter how bad BitFunder is, at least I can sleep better at night knowing that there is a formal system/process in place.
Activity: 131
Why can't the shares become non-exchangeable "direct" shares? I would be OK with that.

I'm sure they will offer that as a last resort, ohh we listened to the community here you go, we are so nice, until then they will try to come up with the best way to fuck the public investor out of the company. Like selling hardware for 10000% mark ups to it's investors.

People were warned. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2921430

-helixone
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Hi All

We've been reading all of the feedback and will answer all questions and address all concerns shortly.

Why not just give US investors their money back for what they paid on shares? I would be happy with that. If I was going to buy hardware I would just buy directly from hashfast instead of through you. If you're unable to live up to the terms of the arrangement for whatever reason, it's not the investors fault. Just issue a refund to all US investors and move on. If you have to take a loss to do so, so be it. Stop pushing your problems off onto investors.

Why just US investors. Internationals unwilling to identify are also doomed, because shares can't be traded without verification after Nov 1st.

Just make an arrangemengt with havelock. They will likely run into similar troubles, though.
Hi All

thanks Sam!
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
Hi All

There's nothing to address to. It's simple very bad idea, propose another solution. People already paid for shipment, customs, hosting, maintance when they bought shares. You ask to pay twice.
Activity: 179
Hi All

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
3.) Having "shares" is just semantics.  Allow shareholders to buy the mining equipment and allow them to reinvest 25% of their bitcoins mined into more equipment. Essentially, the original invesment is preserved via a hosting contract.  We don't own shares on bitfunder-- we own equipment.  I prefer this method.

Unfortunately the trading ban is for everyone, not just US-people:

All current BitFunder users who are not United States persons or entities must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account before November 1, 2013. Any such users who fail to provide the necessary information will not be able to enter into or sell positions on the BitFunder website as of November 1, 2013.
Activity: 353
Notice also that there appears to be a "transfer" option on bitfunder.  Perhaps a u.s. citizen can transfer their shares to a non-U.S. friend or loved one who has (or opens) a bitfunder (and weExchange) account. 

But otherwise, as jimbobway points out, there are more reasonable options available.  Let's get on those and keep this project going.
Guys please stop blaming IceDrill, no body would have know what would happen to bitfunder back then. I believe icedrill is doing a good job coming out with the option.

In the meantime other companies are moving over to havelock investments.

What makes you think havelock investments would be safe?
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Shares for hardware
As stated, each IceDrill.ASIC share represents 10Mh/s at the start of the mine becoming operational.
This solution defeats the purpose of the investment and should only be considered as a bail option. There needs to be a way to keep the original intent of the investment preserved, while accommodating the movement towards compliance with the regulatory structure for securities.

Obviously the whole thing is only a problem for US citizens. And you can thank the US government for that - instead of putting all the blame on the IceDrill management. If you do so, then you're shooting the messenger.

If someone has a suggestion to preserve the original intent of the investment, while complying with the regulatory requirements, I am sure IceDrill will consider it. A managed hardware solution (i.e. hosting) is a start, but it needs to include all the privileges the original contract had in mind.
Activity: 608
Merit: 500
I don't get it, why would anybody want to exchange their shares for hardware when the shares cost twice what buying the hardware yourself would cost?  And how many people own hundreds of thousands of shares?  lol
I don't own any shares but man, this BitFunder meltdown is leading to some really half-assed solutions guys. 
Activity: 353
What is the problem with transferring the holding of the shares from bitfunder to one of the other markets or exchanges?  Or what about turning the shares into stakes in private hosting under digimex WITH THE SAME TERMS that we agreed to already?  These are the more reasonable options one would think.  And if there are regulatory issues for you guys too, then U.S. asset holders can show you some stinking photo ID so you can comply with the KYC regulations.  We're professionals.  Right?
Activity: 479
Why can't the shares become non-exchangeable "direct" shares? I would be OK with that.

I agree, just because the stock exchange goes out of business doesn't mean the company isn't still obligated to the share holders.  Anyone know a good class action lawyer in Hang Kong?
Pages:
Jump to: