Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 77. (Read 378562 times)

donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
And now nice 4 times ramp up. What the heck?
panic sell meets opportunistic buy. There's certainly blood on the street.
legendary
Activity: 1029
And now nice 4 times ramp up. What the heck?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
This 0.0003 should be the bottom now?

Shares at this price are like free money.

Unless you're in the habit of turning down free money, it's somehow unlike free money.
Activity: 736
Merit: 508

with this difficulty growth rate, are like free losses
Activity: 601
Merit: 503

legendary
What the hell is happening to the share price!?

I believe this is the reason, http://bitcoindifficulty.com/

How much was the jump?
40% from 189M to 267M
At that moment blocks are showing very fast and this corresponding to 3,3PH, that almost 1PH more than average from last few hours...
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

I believe this is the reason, http://bitcoindifficulty.com/
legendary
Activity: 817
Activity: 601
Merit: 503
can you give us the status, when the mine will be operational?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

Sorry about this senseless. I agree, posting this info on the deadline when all options have not yet been detailed is bad form. We'll extend this deadline to 18 October (Friday).

Batch 1 Babyjets have been sold out for quite a while. We did not order any of them so they're not an option we can give you. I'm very aware that no hardware for shares options have been outlined for those with less than 120k shares, yet. I like dunchy's idea (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3335335) of consolidating these shares into batches of 120k and then using the hosting option with all costs and mining payouts split proportionally. We can facilitate this if there's enough interest?
Why not go all the way and offer a complete virtual hosting solution where each share represents one computing unit*? Call it cloud hashing.

(*) needs to be defined in a way to include shareholder privileges

+1. Since investors (either large or small) aren't likely to own shares evenly divided into 120K lots, this makes the most sense.
legendary
I'm working on verified status on weexchange, and I thought than I can run a manual proxy for IceDrill shareholders. This is proposal rather for "sunday investors" or long term investors since delays may be up to 10 hours (I need to sleep too Wink ). Fees 1%, possible trading inside proxy, google docs spredsheet avaivable to shareholders, email communication, my wife as backup in case of something wrong with me. Any interest? PM me.
donator
Activity: 994
Love how you guys waited until the 15th deadline to post any information. Then you still didn't post any information about if it would be possible to get a baby jet batch 1 for 40K shares or possible solutions for those with less than 120K or 40K shares. Some high quality management going on here, but to be fair, it could be worse, at least it's not labcoin. You also continue to respond to low post count and short term users (your alt accounts?) yet ignore long term members. How many times will I have to repost the same questions to get an answer this time?

Sorry about this senseless. I agree, posting this info on the deadline when all options have not yet been detailed is bad form. We'll extend this deadline to 18 October (Friday).

Batch 1 Babyjets have been sold out for quite a while. We did not order any of them so they're not an option we can give you. I'm very aware that no hardware for shares options have been outlined for those with less than 120k shares, yet. I like dunchy's idea (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3335335) of consolidating these shares into batches of 120k and then using the hosting option with all costs and mining payouts split proportionally. We can facilitate this if there's enough interest?
Why not go all the way and offer a complete virtual hosting solution where each share represents one computing unit*? Call it cloud hashing.

(*) needs to be defined in a way to include shareholder privileges
legendary
Activity: 906
Merit: 1002
So instead of making one big pie, you make little 120k pies. I dont see the benefit. Some (<5) could host their miners themself, but most people would leave them with you. It would also mean, if one miner breaks down some people wouldnt get their interest anymore instead of all people getting a slightly smaller cut.

That's why i already sold out of this, as should all US investors, these guys have shown to not give a shit about shareholders and try to screw them out of every penny of ownership. Get out now while you still can.

and how did they show that? they sold shares below ipo price to private investors yes, but on the other hand they added the 0.0016 BTC clause to the contract and later didnt lower it to 0.0015 after reading the discussion here. So far, they have proofen to listen to their shareholders opinion so stop with this hate flame.
Activity: 179
Love how you guys waited until the 15th deadline to post any information. Then you still didn't post any information about if it would be possible to get a baby jet batch 1 for 40K shares or possible solutions for those with less than 120K or 40K shares. Some high quality management going on here, but to be fair, it could be worse, at least it's not labcoin. You also continue to respond to low post count and short term users (your alt accounts?) yet ignore long term members. How many times will I have to repost the same questions to get an answer this time?

Activity: 560
For those of us who are still contemplating on keeping their shares, will IceDrill be doing direct shares since as a US Citizen I cannot keep my shares on Bitfunder after Dec 2nd.

Yes, our handling of direct shares is a necessity and should be considered a given. On Dec 2nd we'll be given a list of bitcoin addresses and their relevant share holdings. Exactly how we'll handle this share transfer will be made crystal clear well before that date (it's a current priority item).

That's why i already sold out of this, as should all US investors, these guys have shown to not give a shit about shareholders and try to screw them out of every penny of ownership. Get out now while you still can.
Activity: 226
Thoughts?

Try to reduce 3rd pary risk as much as possible. If Coinbase went down, all your shares go with it. So use an address you genuineley control. I used Armory on an offline computer. As armorys message signing is not yet compatible with the signature process anyone else uses (soon to come) I am also using another wallet on this offline PC just to sign messages with this private key. Once I signed the message I can take it to the online PC by USB stick. So BitFunder can go down, so can Coinbase or any other online wallet. I can still proove I am the legitimate owner of these shares.  And as most likeley dividends will be payed out to this address I feel more comfortable to not ave the private key on any online computer. Hope this helps a bit.
Activity: 479
For those of us who are still contemplating on keeping their shares, will IceDrill be doing direct shares since as a US Citizen I cannot keep my shares on Bitfunder after Dec 2nd.

Yes, our handling of direct shares is a necessity and should be considered a given. On Dec 2nd we'll be given a list of bitcoin addresses and their relevant share holdings. Exactly how we'll handle this share transfer will be made crystal clear well before that date (it's a current priority item).

This is good to hear.  Do you see it being possible at some point in the future for direct shares to be sold over the counter?  If so how exactly would the share holder prove their identity to you?  I ask because typically I think people do so by signing a message with the private key of a corresponding public BitCoin address but if we have specified a CoinBase address as our dividend address I don't think we would have that ability and I'm wondering if those of us in that situation shouldn't change out our dividend address before Nov. 1 to one we completely control so we can prove via digital signature we are the owner of the shares associated with the given address.

Thoughts?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

Ok great, accompanied with the following I am feeling much better about this situation. Thank you guys for attempting to make this terrible situation bearable .

Please note we did state that 15 October would be a deadline for a decision. This really only applies for the non-hosted option of taking delivery yourself. If you host it with us, the re-routing of the hardware is obviously unnecessary.
Pages:
Jump to: