Pages:
Author

Topic: BitFunder - Lets grow together! A request to all users - https://bitfunder.com - page 8. (Read 16626 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Fees are quite simply non-competitive.  You need to lower both the charges at each tier and the BTC thresholds to get there.

Any implementation of bots should include a minimum fee for bots and a minimum time that an order has to be present to allow a human to execute against the bid or offer.  Otherwise you will have bot vs. bot battles that make your site unusable by humans.

The history of BTC securities is littered with the wreckage of scams, frauds, and incompetent management.  You need to take some protective steps to prevent ripoffs.  A few suggestions:
    - have some level of peer review for new issues
    - require an actual legal entity or verified identification of the issuer
    - vet statements for accuracy.  AMC's bullshit revenue forecasts being spammed on the front page every day make you look like a fool.

To be honest, I could not agree more.

Fee's, well, that's why were in the discussion. Smiley

I have been debating a while about special fees or costs and special time restrictions/allowances for API trading.

As for asset listings, much like I mentioned above for the chatbox idea, I am considering requiring all asset issuers be WeExchange verified. Full AML/KYC doc's.

Currently, I have been manually verifying any BFL/Avalon orders people claim to have. I will not allow anyone say "I have XXX" without proof.
As for checking statements, I too have been very annoyed over the past month about the news system.
Currently, like other sites, issuer's can post whatever they feel in real time. I am looking to change news posts to need an approval process.

I think it's great that you are requiring proof of orders.

My big beef with AMC is not his Avalon mining plans.  It is his claims to be building his own silicon.  It is BFL all over again.  He and his people have no competency in the field, and no idea of the capital required to deliver devices at the process nodes they claim to be working on delivering a device.

Want to sell stock in a company to develop a device?   Include a stack of resumes showing a background in the field, and a real schedule and budget to get the job done.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
+1 for the AMC part  Angry

In fact, looking at it, I would say that AMC's news posts have been borderline abusive.
With this, I have blocked AMC's posts from the dashboard.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Fees are quite simply non-competitive.  You need to lower both the charges at each tier and the BTC thresholds to get there.

Any implementation of bots should include a minimum fee for bots and a minimum time that an order has to be present to allow a human to execute against the bid or offer.  Otherwise you will have bot vs. bot battles that make your site unusable by humans.

The history of BTC securities is littered with the wreckage of scams, frauds, and incompetent management.  You need to take some protective steps to prevent ripoffs.  A few suggestions:
    - vet statements for accuracy.  AMC's bullshit revenue forecasts being spammed on the front page every day make you look like a fool.

To be honest, I could not agree more.

Fee's, well, that's why were in the discussion. Smiley

I have been debating a while about special fees or costs and special time restrictions/allowances for API trading.

As for asset listings, much like I mentioned above for the chatbox idea, I am considering requiring all asset issuers be WeExchange verified. Full AML/KYC doc's.

Currently, I have been manually verifying any BFL/Avalon orders people claim to have. I will not allow anyone say "I have XXX" without proof.
As for checking statements, I too have been very annoyed over the past month about the news system.
Currently, like other sites, issuer's can post whatever they feel in real time. I am looking to change news posts to need an approval process.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501

Random thoughts:
I think that WeExchange is providing a significant barrier to new users, but as an existing user I don't mind it.
Options fees are way too high. 2.5% is much more fair and might even bring higher revenues. I think 10% deters a lot of people from participating in options trading.
Show sales of options on a graph like sales of stock.
No trollbox please.

Keep in mind that the 10% fee is only on the premium. Rarely will premiums ever go over 1btc let alone 10.

Options originally on graphs and everywhere else, and everyone complained about "bugged trades" because the pricing can be so off the wall compared to market price.
Price for a complete option has no relevance to the current market price and does nothing but confuse people, esp. new people.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Random thoughts:

I think that WeExchange is providing a significant barrier to new users, but as an existing user I don't mind it.
Options fees are way too high. 2.5% is much more fair and might even bring higher revenues. I think 10% deters a lot of people from participating in options trading.
No trollbox please.

The 10% fee only applies to the premium amount. Simply reduce the premium and inflate the strike price instead if you want to manage your fees better.
High fees made me take my volume to btct.co.....first thing i would change.

I like the appearance. I think trollbox would be fun, but definitely not professional.

Noted on the fees.

And for the trollbox, I have the same issue for the professionalism side of it which is the main reason it has not happened yet.
Any attempt to keep it 'clean' would require too much moderation.
Though, sometimes the people screaming "BITCOINS TANKING!!! SELL!!!" is amusing Tongue

I have considered using weex to help with this. By allowing users to share WeExchange verification status with their BitFunder account.
We can require chat box users to be weex verified. This means once banned from chat for abuse, it's fairly permenant.

Thoughts?

-Ukyo
1. weexchange.co's service is horrible (I have an open ticket there for now ~1 week) - please do provide alternatives!

2. Allow pricing in something else than BTC (it can still be only traded in BTC) such as LTC, USD, EUR...

3. Integrate ColoredCoins via OpenTransactions and/or Ripple IOUs so people can actually own shares, not Bitfunder IOUs of IOUs of companies (or even other IOUs).

4. Allow me to offer shares (and BTC!) to people who want to short sell/long buy.

5. An actual registration address + contact information would be nice too

1. Unfortunately WeExchange's current site and support system is extremely poorly setup.
Which is why i have been spending the majority of my time on the new site.
I think at this point, every open ticket is regarding Ripple or tickets going back and fourth with users who want to AML verify using PO Box's and argue that they should not have to provide documentation. If your ticket has been somehow overlooked through the masses of complains about ripple's daemon suffering from its internal problems, I apologize.

Please PM me your ticket id on Weex and I will personally get it handled asap.

2. Can you elaborate? You say let pricing be in other things, and then say still in BTC?

3. Currently, there are huge legal concerns above and beyond with Ripple, as well as technical issues. So where that was once a plan and has already been built in, will have to wait until those issues (if ever) can be corrected. As for ColoredCoins, etc, I have been considering it.

4. Options trading? It's there. Unless you mean margins. Did you know that on BitFunder you can do options trading for BTC/USD ? As well as AUD and CAD?

5. As soon as I have wrapped up some very important dealings, I will be able to disclose everything publicly. Doing so in the meantime has a greater chance to harm things then help.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Random thoughts:

No trollbox please.

Activity: 770
Merit: 502
What would it take to bring new people into BitFunder?

For one, no fee for withdraw. Two, no minimum withdraw limit.

These are the only two I really ask for, like how GLBSE had it. All these other stock places like cryptostocks, have these annoying regulations in place, keeping your funds.

There is no fee to withdraw...

What about minimum withdraw limit? 0.005 should be suffice for minimum.

Currently it is at 0.01 to stop system spam attempts due to free transfers.

Can't complain I suppose, as there is no withdraw fee. Like to see atleast anything 0.005 minimum, for this type of amount, limit withdraw once at every three days to a week to stop spam withdraws. If you catch my drift?

These are the only two I really ask for, like how GLBSE had it. All these other stock places like cryptostocks, have these annoying regulations in place, keeping your funds.

Currently it is at 0.01 to stop system spam attempts due to free transfers.

It would be nice to have a custom Y axis graph. Currently this just looks like a straight line (with a couple bumps), even though most of the trades vary slightly:

It would be nice for me to manually set it to show between BTC2-3 to show a better picture.

This is supposed to be dynamic. I have a ticket in with Highcharts at the moment. Smiley

Activity: 476
2. Allow pricing in something else than BTC (it can still be only traded in BTC) such as LTC, USD, EUR...

How would the price for shares be calculated - there's no exact trade value for BTC to USD or LTC etc - they'd have to be set on an exchange..

And this would assume that BitFunder has a stock pile of BTC that they're happy to accept LTC and USD for - it doesn't seem like a practical alternative..

If they added LTC companies which you can buy and sell shares of it would work, but I dont think it works for buying BTC shares for LTC

Activity: 576
Merit: 500
It would be nice to have a custom Y axis graph. Currently this just looks like a straight line (with a couple bumps), even though most of the trades vary slightly:

It would be nice for me to manually set it to show between BTC2-3 to show a better picture.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
1. weexchange.co's service is horrible (I have an open ticket there for now ~1 week) - please do provide alternatives!

3. Integrate ColoredCoins via OpenTransactions and/or Ripple IOUs so people can actually own shares, not Bitfunder IOUs of IOUs of companies (or even other IOUs).

4. Allow me to offer shares (and BTC!) to people who want to short sell/long buy.

5. An actual registration address + contact information would be nice too
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
High fees made me take my volume to btct.co.....first thing i would change.

I like the appearance. I think trollbox would be fun, but definitely not professional.
Pages:
Jump to: