Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 10. (Read 355577 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 09, 2011, 03:09:53 AM
According to Coinotron, it looks like solidcoins are 20% more profitable than BTC atm.  Thus, I've added a couple of sc pools.  Currently sc difficulty is around 8000.  In the Bh stats, it shows the percentage for sc pools with respect to BTC bifficulty (1.77MM).  Does this mean that Bh will always stay on sc pools?  Should it be 43.5% of 8000?  Huh

I think it's been updated

v0.2.4.8.zip — Oodles of bugfixes. Getwork Flooding should be gone. Miner Starvation should be reduced. Solidcoins have the correct diff and have a bunch of fixes.

Downloaded the v0.2.4.8 zip file.  Seems like it switched from solidcoins when it should, but the stats display is a bit confusing:

s0DigBTC.net (scc)   2,981  0.17%

Should be showing 36.15% if sc difficulty is 8,246.

EDIT:

I take back my earlier statement about switching working right.  For example, I've been stuck on mine4us even though it should have switched (the pool is at about 64% presently, when there are several other pools <43.5%)

mine-for.us (scc)   5,289 0.30%

EDIT:

I'm an idiot.  I in user.cfg I used mine, when I should have used mine_scc.  grrr  Sad  Everything appears to be working correctly
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 09, 2011, 02:43:26 AM
I am getting BH from github by cloning or pulling (I'm running Linux if that matters). Is the v0.2.4.8.zip version newer?  Where can I download it from?

https://github.com/c00w/bitHopper/downloads
September 09, 2011, 02:20:53 AM
According to Coinotron, it looks like solidcoins are 20% more profitable than BTC atm.  Thus, I've added a couple of sc pools.  Currently sc difficulty is around 8000.  In the Bh stats, it shows the percentage for sc pools with respect to BTC bifficulty (1.77MM).  Does this mean that Bh will always stay on sc pools?  Should it be 43.5% of 8000?  Huh

v0.2.4.8.zip — Oodles of bugfixes. Getwork Flooding should be gone. Miner Starvation should be reduced. Solidcoins have the correct diff and have a bunch of fixes.

I am getting BH from github by cloning or pulling (I'm running Linux if that matters). Is the v0.2.4.8.zip version newer?  Where can I download it from?
Activity: 154
September 09, 2011, 12:21:00 AM
According to Coinotron, it looks like solidcoins are 20% more profitable than BTC atm.  Thus, I've added a couple of sc pools.  Currently sc difficulty is around 8000.  In the Bh stats, it shows the percentage for sc pools with respect to BTC bifficulty (1.77MM).  Does this mean that Bh will always stay on sc pools?  Should it be 43.5% of 8000?  Huh

September 08, 2011, 10:14:41 PM
Ali
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 08, 2011, 07:24:49 PM
It still requests work like mad (and therefore hangs) after a while on Eligius.
Activity: 196
September 08, 2011, 11:42:30 AM
Getwork issues should/may be fixed. Also we should reuse connections properly now.
September 08, 2011, 03:02:53 AM
FYI, BTCSERV:

I have decided to stop offering Proportional Rewards after the next found block because it does not work parallelly to PPS without affecting it negatively. Even worse, it would cause losses if I would not severely cut one of the reward schemes, and thus offer significantly lower value than other pools, what is not what I want to do.

Currently I am calculating the rewards like this:

Code:
PROP: [user prop shares] / [total prop shares and pps shares] * 50
PPS: [user pps shares] * 0.000028125

Problem with both reward schemes parrallelly running is that the PPS Queue does not even out after a long round and a short round. In short rounds, which have a higher percentage of prop shares, you save only a bit with what you can feed the queue, but in long rounds, which have way higher share of pps shares, the queue is getting quite big very fast.

I have tried some different calculations but did not get an acceptable result. I dont know how other pools with PPS and PROP calculate the rewards. Maybe they experience the same flaw, maybe not. If someone has a solution for this I would be glad to hear it.

Btw, I have decided to stick to PPS since I am convinced it is the fairest of all reward schemes available. It's not in my interest to lose the hashing boost of pool hoppers, but I want to achieve a steadily increasing hash rate from regular users and not short term 150 GH/s and as soon as a round is near 43% see everyone leave.
Activity: 313
Merit: 251
Third score
September 08, 2011, 02:43:44 AM
Been running Bh for a couple of days, had great results, and having read the LP delay analysis a few pages back by deepceleron et al. I had some thoughts:

It's obvious to me that LP announcement delays are and will always be different for every user. The reason for that will primarily be the network delay between pool server and user agent. They will also be different for the same user on different days. This could be explained by the fact that LP announcements are happening in a programmatic loop construct iterating over the active connections. The position in this queue obviously is different day to day and hour to hour. But normally it would average out over a longer period, whilst the network delay will remain relatively the same.

So, I was thinking that it would be good to get a log table with Time, BlockNumber and BlockOwner fields from the output of Bh, and compare it every day with Pident so that a user can determine and try possible LP_penalty values for their user agent.

Does anybody have any ideas of how I could do it with the current Bh output?

Also, does LP_penalty accept decimals or does it only take the integer part of the parameter?

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
September 08, 2011, 01:56:29 AM
It certainly is interesting watching the stats page of bitHopper at the moment, switching between BitClockers, mtred, and OzCoin, and all being so close to 33% CDF at the same time.

I'm trying to think of something useful and productive to add, about what to do in cases like this with bitHopper, but, well... It's late and I can't think very clearly at the moment.

Trippy.

* HolodeckJizzmopper passes the pipe

Love your software, dude. Rather than try to get Python working properly under MacOS, VirtualBox + Ubuntu 11 VM FTW.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
September 07, 2011, 10:36:56 PM
damnit, i just realized i got retired too lol.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
September 07, 2011, 07:37:42 PM
cool. I was actually posting in the forums right when it retired me. had it waited for half a second, it wouldnt have. LOL.
anyways yeah I'll do that

edit: I dont have permission to post to the wiki, that seems to make it hard to post to the wiki to get permission to post tot he wiki. Tongue

i think there is a bug.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
September 07, 2011, 06:58:44 PM
I know the blogs are public, been trying to keep up with them.  Was curious as to how I can get an invitation code so I can actually create an account.

You need to find a member with spare invites. I have none, sorry. When you go to the public part of the blog you should see some member names, most of which also are members here - you could try one of them.

apparently it really hates the retired.

Just checked the wiki:

when do i get retired ?
if your activity is under 1 you get promoted to retired
when i get out from retired thing?
when your activity is over 60 you get promoted back to verified users

It only takes a couple of thread posts or a wiki post to do that, so not too difficult. You could do a wiki post on asspenny mining.

moOo
September 07, 2011, 05:18:57 PM
What do I need to do to get an invite to hoppersden?

tysat i will send you an invite when i get out of retirement. just pm me an email.. or ask one of the none retired guys. organofcorti or 'myself' would be good people to ask

The blog posts are public - the link should take you there regardless. Let me know if you can't. You won't be able to comment though.

apparently it really hates the retired. But if I log out, I can see it... SO THERE!

Tongue
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
September 07, 2011, 05:18:05 PM
joules, tysat, amazingrando: The blog posts are public - the link should take you there regardless. Let me know if you can't. You won't be able to comment though.

Retired,joules? And you look so young! Is ti  those cow years catching up?

I know the blogs are public, been trying to keep up with them.  Was curious as to how I can get an invitation code so I can actually create an account.
donator
Poor impulse control.
September 07, 2011, 05:15:29 PM
joules, tysat, amazingrando: The blog posts are public - the link should take you there regardless. Let me know if you can't. You won't be able to comment though.

Retired,joules? And you look so young! Is ti  those cow years catching up?
September 07, 2011, 03:45:46 PM

Hint: something very dirty  Grin
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
September 07, 2011, 03:41:13 PM
moOo
September 07, 2011, 02:51:47 PM
gettign a ton of these

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Users\joulesbeef\Desktop\currentminer\bitHopper\eventlet\hubs\hub.py", line 336, in fire_timers
    timer()
  File "D:\Users\joulesbeef\Desktop\currentminer\bitHopper\eventlet\hubs\timer.py", line 56, in __call__
    cb(*args, **kw)
  File "D:\Users\joulesbeef\Desktop\currentminer\bitHopper\work.py", line 225, in handle_store
    data = env.get('HTTP_AUTHORIZATION').split(None, 1)[1]
NameError: global name 'env' is not defined

organofcorti would love to read but apparently I have been "retired" for not going to the site enough. It would be nice to get unretired and personally i think we shouldnt get retired, well maybe after a year, but a month? that is a bit much.
donator
Poor impulse control.
September 07, 2011, 07:26:18 AM
New 'how to hop' blog post - How to hop 3: the 50-50 tax

This week I take a break from exponentially scored pools to look at how to hop this new type of scored pool. Then I  show you the best way to determine when to hop from one type of pool to another (and it's not always the pool with the least shares). Read it and reap!
Pages:
Jump to: