Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 14. (Read 355577 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
August 27, 2011, 12:14:41 PM
7x64.

on both of my rigs.
grrr.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 27, 2011, 12:07:58 PM
i give up in upgrading to 2.4.3

reinstalled everything, activestate & greenlet, still not working..spewing cannot import name spawn error, and saying that i haven't installed greenlet.
roll back to 2.3.1~~

What OS are you using? I am getting the same errors using Linuxcoin.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 27, 2011, 09:52:20 AM
@Yanz Try installing pyopenssl
legendary
August 27, 2011, 04:55:47 AM
i give up in upgrading to 2.4.3

reinstalled everything, activestate & greenlet, still not working..spewing cannot import name spawn error, and saying that i haven't installed greenlet.
roll back to 2.3.1~~
Activity: 38
August 27, 2011, 02:12:41 AM
I haven't been able to find it anywhere, but I've read that recent changes have been made to auto-donate to bithopper.  And thats fine.

But I cant be able to find any documentation on the % auto-donated .  I'm only rockin 225mhs (~190 shares an hour), so I'd just like to know how much I can expect to be out.

Thanks for an awesome program.

edit: My apologies if its somewhere really obvious, I'm really bad at overlooking things.

edit2: Well that makes sense.  I'm still using an old source... 2.4+ don't work for me. Running windows 7, got all the new dependencies, just since the updates I've had to go back to an older version.
It currently donates 1%, donations pool is in pools.cfg.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
August 26, 2011, 09:21:47 PM
Anyone getting
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'HTTPSConnection' errors?
I can't seem to fix it. Google says its because I have no SSL support. I check and python 2.7.2 comes with ssl and my python-openssl package is installed and updated. Running debian squeeze server
Activity: 154
August 26, 2011, 04:09:03 PM
I haven't been able to find it anywhere, but I've read that recent changes have been made to auto-donate to bithopper.  And thats fine.

But I cant be able to find any documentation on the % auto-donated .  I'm only rockin 225mhs (~190 shares an hour), so I'd just like to know how much I can expect to be out.

Thanks for an awesome program.

edit: My apologies if its somewhere really obvious, I'm really bad at overlooking things.

edit2: Well that makes sense.  I'm still using an old source... 2.4+ don't work for me. Running windows 7, got all the new dependencies, just since the updates I've had to go back to an older version.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
August 26, 2011, 11:16:42 AM
My bad.  Thanks for the update.  I had a bad experience there so I lost interest in what they are up to.

yeh, and I wouldn't plan on mining btc there, tiny hashrate atm.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 26, 2011, 11:07:11 AM
My bad.  Thanks for the update.  I had a bad experience there so I lost interest in what they are up to.
donator
Poor impulse control.
August 26, 2011, 10:53:59 AM
Can anyone mining coinotron send me your stats for a few rounds. I'll need the payout, your shares, total shares, your average hashrate while connected and the score (if they publish that somewhere) so I can work out the the 'magic number' in the score system.

tia
Coinotron is a Prop. pool.  No score system utilized.

from the coinotron thread

Here you have exact formula :

Share Score = exp ( C * time span from beginning of the round to share delivery time / round duration )

Payout = 50 * sum( miner’s share scores ) / sum( all miners share scores )

For C = 0 we have Share Score = 1 for each delivered share i.e system is proportional.
When we raise C value, system becomes similar to Slush’s method. Most precious are shares delivered at the end of the round.

Currently we use C = 0 – pool is small, round duration is measured in days.
But when we observe increase of pool-hoopers activity we will set this value to about 6.

It's an interesting score system, slightly different to slush and I'd like to see how it works.
legendary
Activity: 924
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 26, 2011, 07:44:34 AM
just a bit of a blank ended question, and i've only read 1/10 of the thread, because, 6 hours time to read one thread ... (sigh.)

or is this idea just silly for reasons i can't fathom, namely that routing metrics are ridiculously difficult and complicate things ?

hehe, toliman your question is not "blank ended" at all but it's been put repeatedly over the thread. You should take the entire reading of it like a second job or something similar if you want to assimilate all the info Tongue
You can read the bH "readme" and other included files to realize that this king of mining has already been implemented in various flavors too, time based and share based, even if it seems difficult at first.
Try joining our irc chan to get more info on whatever you like, we're trying desperately to keep the posting to this thread to a minimum because of the high page count
donator
Poor impulse control.
August 26, 2011, 06:45:04 AM
Can anyone mining coinotron send me your stats for a few rounds. I'll need the payout, your shares, total shares, your average hashrate while connected and the score (if they publish that somewhere) so I can work out the the 'magic number' in the score system.

tia
Activity: 38
August 26, 2011, 02:24:49 AM
i am getting this in current version:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\_Soft\_Bitcoin\bitHopper\lp.py", line 124, in receive
    response = json.loads(body)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\json\__init__.py", line 326, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
Activity: 13
August 26, 2011, 02:07:23 AM
just a bit of a blank ended question, and i've only read 1/10 of the thread, because, 6 hours time to read one thread ... (sigh.)

do any of the schedulers allow load-balanced/parallel pool usage ?

i.e. 2 pool types interleaved so that while you might be on mine_slush and their rotations/slice priorities, it will also interleave another thread with a mine_charity or mine_deepbit thread ?
it would probably be easier to work with the pool categories in parallel, so that each connected miner, would be handling various packets, and shared pools at the same time. it does complicate the proxy nature of bH, but this would work if each share were equal in payload or there were metrics to use on each share/packet. it would possibly require a more advanced metric measurement of the size/difficulty of the work, as well as a few metrics for the minimum rate for each pool type, and a way to rate-limit work.

The more i think about it, the less it seems practical, except in the cases where you want to maintain goodwill with pool operators by contributing 1 out of every 4 shares, instead of 1 out of every 100 or 500 shares, or limit it down to 1 : 10, etc.

it would also reduce the 'surge' phenomenon, where combined rates halve or decimate once the minimum share dividend has been reached, it also allows for acceleration and deceleration over time for PPS/Proportional 'surges' where a new block will reset the current shares. on the flipside, if aggressive pools implemented duration-based timeouts or a last-man-standing proportional system, to prevent surges, which is not as difficult to implement as a routing metric, this approach would be designed to stop that kind of ban taking place, as long as enough shares were being sent to keep that 'window' open.

without a real metric routing protocol, modifying an existing scheduler could probably do this on a 1:10 share basis, maintaining a minimum work rate of say, 80mh/s on one, or two "non-hoppable" pools and still continue with the PPS/Prop/last-man-standing pool hopping to maintain a shared dividend.

or is this idea just silly for reasons i can't fathom, namely that routing metrics are ridiculously difficult and complicate things ?
Activity: 120
August 25, 2011, 05:38:55 PM
Anyone have a good spreadsheet for organizing income from all these pools?
Activity: 13
August 25, 2011, 03:29:37 PM
I've been testing a somewhat old version from github (77c462709129376c2f259561d4e9af25c4e38303). The only thing I grab from more recent versions is pools.cfg. I got 47% of the block owner guesses correct... This seems kind of disappointing, but in fact it's much better than pident score accuracy (34%) which seems to be the method to be beaten.

I don't know if people are saving stats, but are newer versions any better? If yes, with or without p2p turned on?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
August 25, 2011, 03:14:45 PM
Not for me... I´m from Argentina and is not the first time they ban some ip ranges, really don´t know why :/
legendary
Activity: 966
Keep it real
August 25, 2011, 02:56:55 PM
Mt Red is working great, the past 24 hours have been pretty lucky for them.
legendary
August 25, 2011, 01:24:15 PM
mtred works fine.

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
August 25, 2011, 11:19:41 AM
Not a good hopping days for me...
DB mines 2/3/4 blocks every 2/5/10 rounds, lots of shares goes to bclc (now disable), mtred is down or are banning ip´s, i can´t see the stats or the webpage...
I don´t see anymore votes in bh console, "mine_slush" misses various short rounds...

I think i´m going back to 0.2.1, I don´t remember what version gives me better results  Sad
Pages:
Jump to: