Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 7. (Read 355577 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
October 14, 2011, 01:10:46 PM
disable p2pLP.

Will resolve the error message?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
October 14, 2011, 12:30:47 PM
disable p2pLP.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 14, 2011, 10:37:14 AM
I'm testing it.

I don't know if I'm doing things right. bf.cfg is the default one. It guides my miner to the pools correctly (I can see the effect of mining in the pool page).

But:

1) The reported shares for pools are a bit crazy. For example, bitcoins.lc seems to solve blocks too quickly. In this moment I shutdown bh and restart it; then, bitcoins.lc is in a "normal" round.

2) I've got in console the following annoying message: "Couldn't connect to socket: [Errno 111] ECONNREFUSED"

I have a Debian box.

TIA

Some pools skew their API stats I believe, primarliy to discourage hopping.  I think bitcoins.lc is one of those.

mine_lp is the best choice for these types of pools.

Also, when you close/open BH, I beleive all pools are set back to '100%' of difficulty, due to BH not yet picking up their stats.  After it's initial pool scan, I think the stats are updated.

Edit: No idea about the annoying message
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
October 14, 2011, 07:13:41 AM
I'm testing it.

I don't know if I'm doing things right. bf.cfg is the default one. It guides my miner to the pools correctly (I can see the effect of mining in the pool page).

But:

1) The reported shares for pools are a bit crazy. For example, bitcoins.lc seems to solve blocks too quickly. In this moment I shutdown bh and restart it; then, bitcoins.lc is in a "normal" round.

2) I've got in console the following annoying message: "Couldn't connect to socket: [Errno 111] ECONNREFUSED"

I have a Debian box.

TIA
legendary
Activity: 1246
October 11, 2011, 07:17:37 AM
i guess you take into account only the blockchain wich has the greater difficulty, the other chain reward will be as bonus

Hmm... I think I agree that if one has to choose between considering only one blockchain or the other for hopping then one should choose the most profitable one.

However, further gains might be made by considering both together.  Consider for example the situation where you are hopping with the Bitcoin blocks as usual at a merged mining pool and you are about to hop away when suddenly a Namecoin block is found.  At this point the Bitcoin shares will be worth marginally less than average but the Namecoin shares will be worth a lot more.  Overall, staying with the proportional pool will be more profitable than mining with a PPLNS merged mining pool.  Indeed, it's possible that the Namecoin block shows up a short while after you hop away from the pool and it becomes profitable to rejoin the proportional pool for a short time.
legendary
October 11, 2011, 07:02:12 AM
I stopped hopping until all the pools I hop give rewards for merged mining. Some pool is probably merged mining but not giving rewards, so anyone who's hopping instead of merged mining right now is the sucker.

(it also helps that I hop the three pools that are merged mining and mine SMPPS from simplecoin when they have too many shares)

Certainly, pool hopping normal bitcoin pools does not compare with plain merged mining in terms of profit (currently about 40%).  Hopping the merged mining pools seems to be best.

For the proportional pool, slush is a good bet for the low variance.  There is a 2% fee but this is small compared to the fact that not everyone has entered a Namecoin address yet and slush had decided to share the pool's namecoins between only those users who have (so a good but decreasing NMC boost).

As for a pool to hop to, simplecoin.us PPLNS is the other option at the moment.  It is a fair bit larger and does have a significant promotion bonus (BTC+2%, NMC+10%) but the variance is probably too high for most people's taste so the lower profit SMPPS pool seems like a good choice.

The question I have, (which I asked at the CherryPicking thread) is how to most effectively hop a merged mining pool at all?  Does one simply hop by the Namecoin blocks and ignore the Bitcoin blocks or does one take them both into account in a clever way?

i guess you take into account only the blockchain wich has the greater difficulty, the other chain reward will be as bonus
legendary
Activity: 1246
October 11, 2011, 06:28:10 AM
I stopped hopping until all the pools I hop give rewards for merged mining. Some pool is probably merged mining but not giving rewards, so anyone who's hopping instead of merged mining right now is the sucker.

(it also helps that I hop the three pools that are merged mining and mine SMPPS from simplecoin when they have too many shares)

Certainly, pool hopping normal bitcoin pools does not compare with plain merged mining in terms of profit (currently about 40%).  Hopping the merged mining pools seems to be best.

For the proportional pool, slush is a good bet for the low variance.  There is a 2% fee but this is small compared to the fact that not everyone has entered a Namecoin address yet and slush had decided to share the pool's namecoins between only those users who have (so a good but decreasing NMC boost).

As for a pool to hop to, simplecoin.us PPLNS is the other option at the moment.  It is a fair bit larger and does have a significant promotion bonus (BTC+2%, NMC+10%) but the variance is probably too high for most people's taste so the lower profit SMPPS pool seems like a good choice.

The question I have, (which I asked at the CherryPicking thread) is how to most effectively hop a merged mining pool at all?  Does one simply hop by the Namecoin blocks and ignore the Bitcoin blocks or does one take them both into account in a clever way?
Activity: 154
legendary
Activity: 966
Keep it real
October 10, 2011, 04:14:17 PM
Has anyone done math dealing with merged mining pools yet?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
October 10, 2011, 09:23:32 AM

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
October 09, 2011, 12:50:56 AM
So I don't sidetrack this thread anymore than I already have done, I'm posting update announcements about new 'how to hop' posts here. Make a comment to subscribe!

Also, there's a new 'How to hop', and the last one has been rewritten with errors removed.

Enjoy!
legendary
October 07, 2011, 06:53:05 PM
yeah...

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
October 07, 2011, 06:48:02 PM
hello everybody.
i would like to share my overall experience with bithopper so far.

donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
October 04, 2011, 02:54:24 PM
@Transisto
You didn't set a role for one of your pools.
You were right, I had a few "#role: mine"
Activity: 196
October 02, 2011, 11:11:42 AM
@Transisto
You didn't set a role for one of your pools.
donator
Poor impulse control.
October 01, 2011, 01:50:13 AM
You're welcome.

As far as bh goes, and this is prolly a dumb question, but did you rename the bh.cfg.default to bh.cfg?
yes I had some error last time that got solved by updating to a new bh.cfg

My current bh.cfg is the default (renamed)

OK, I'm out of ideas, sorry. I thought I had an error like that a while ago on my linux box but I can't find the message about it now. Try the IRC?
donator
October 01, 2011, 12:22:41 AM
You're welcome.

As far as bh goes, and this is prolly a dumb question, but did you rename the bh.cfg.default to bh.cfg?
yes I had some error last time that got solved by updating to a new bh.cfg

My current bh.cfg is the default (renamed)
donator
Poor impulse control.
September 30, 2011, 11:47:44 PM
donator
September 30, 2011, 11:33:46 PM
  • Thanks organofcorti, very interesting to visualize shares payout.

Haven't yet been able to have bithopper run for long.

This is my new error log from latest 2.5.4, all I all did to it is importing my user.cfg and using the default bh.cfg
Code:
  File "bitHopper.py", line 134, in select_best_server
    server_list, backup_list = self.scheduler.select_best_server()
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\scheduler.py", line 136, in select_best_server
    return [], self.select_backup_server()
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\scheduler.py", line 90, in select_backup_server
    if info.role not in self.valid_roles:
AttributeError: Pool instance has no attribute 'role'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\website.py", line 278, in handle_start
    return use_site.handle(env,start_response)
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\website.py", line 287, in handle
    return self.bitHopper.work.handle(env, start_response)
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\work.py", line 198, in handle
    work, server_headers, server  = self.jsonrpc_getwork(server, data, client_headers, username, password)
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\work.py", line 153, in jsonrpc_getwork
    server = self.bitHopper.get_new_server(server)
  File "bitHopper.py", line 171, in get_new_server
    self.select_best_server()
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\scheduler.py", line 136, in select_best_server
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\scheduler.py", line 90, in select_backup_server
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\website.py", line 278, in handle_start
    return use_site.handle(env,start_response)
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\website.py", line 287, in handle
    return self.bitHopper.work.handle(env, start_response)
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\work.py", line 198, in handle
    work, server_headers, server  = self.jsonrpc_getwork(server, data, client_headers, username, password)
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\work.py", line 155, in jsonrpc_getwork
    self.bitHopper.get_new_server(server)
  File "bitHopper.py", line 171, in get_new_server
    self.select_best_server()
  File "bitHopper.py", line 311, in
    main()
  File "bitHopper.py", line 307, in main
    eventlet.sleep(60)
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\eventlet\greenthread.py", line 30, in sleep
    hub.switch()
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\eventlet\hubs\hub.py", line 177, in switch
    return self.greenlet.switch()
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\eventlet\hubs\hub.py", line 226, in run
    self.wait(sleep_time)
  File "C:\Users\M7\Desktop\c00w-bitHopper-2381302\eventlet\hubs\selects.py", line 35, in wait
    r, w, er = select.select(readers.keys(), writers.keys(), readers.keys() + writers.keys(), seconds)
ValueError: too many file descriptors in select()
Pages:
Jump to: