Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 5. (Read 355577 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 20, 2012, 07:50:24 PM
The top issue is fixed. I'm not sure what is breaking with the bottom issue.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
February 20, 2012, 06:08:52 PM
Got a little problem, whenever a new block starts some servers start lagging and i get errors in the shell.

Does somebody know how to fix it? I am running a VM in Fusion (Ubuntu 11.10 x64).

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gevent/greenlet.py", line 390, in run
    result = self._run(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "bitHopper.py", line 185, in delag_server
    data, headers = self.work.jsonrpc_call(server, [])
ValueError: too many values to unpack
>> failed with ValueError

13:30:10|website: Error in a wsgi function
13:30:10|website: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
  File "/home/ivan/bitHopper/website.py", line 275, in handle_start
    return use_site.handle(env,start_response)
  File "/home/ivan/bitHopper/website.py", line 284, in handle
    return self.bitHopper.work.handle(env, start_response)
  File "/home/ivan/bitHopper/work.py", line 181, in handle
    server, auth = self.bitHopper.getwork_store.get_server(data[0][72:136])
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

this thread isn't watched lately but you can post your issues on gihub. I already did this for you so it can be fixed faster  Wink

https://github.com/c00w/bitHopper/issues/625
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
February 20, 2012, 05:36:59 PM
Got a little problem, whenever a new block starts some servers start lagging and i get errors in the shell.

Does somebody know how to fix it? I am running a VM in Fusion (Ubuntu 11.10 x64).

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gevent/greenlet.py", line 390, in run
    result = self._run(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "bitHopper.py", line 185, in delag_server
    data, headers = self.work.jsonrpc_call(server, [])
ValueError: too many values to unpack
>> failed with ValueError

13:30:10|website: Error in a wsgi function
13:30:10|website: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
  File "/home/ivan/bitHopper/website.py", line 275, in handle_start
    return use_site.handle(env,start_response)
  File "/home/ivan/bitHopper/website.py", line 284, in handle
    return self.bitHopper.work.handle(env, start_response)
  File "/home/ivan/bitHopper/work.py", line 181, in handle
    server, auth = self.bitHopper.getwork_store.get_server(data[0][72:136])
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
February 16, 2012, 11:07:17 AM
I found BTC Japan front-end difficult to use while setting up my miner.  Clicking on the field title unlocks the field below to edit.

https://bitcoin.ne.jp/en/my-miner-stats
legendary
January 18, 2012, 01:30:01 AM
Small vid about bitHopper on github http://goo.gl/Ydl8e in case you missed it  Cheesy
Activity: 196
December 18, 2011, 08:14:16 PM
@everyone who wants features added.

Just send me a PM or open an issue on github. I've just been busy and not monitoring this thread since I thought it died.
legendary
December 03, 2011, 10:28:29 PM
I created a solo server on my server that hosts bithopper.
Now, I added my solo server to my bithopper server but when I have it activated, it mines it all the time, non stop.
How do I set it so the solo is only mined as a last resort when the other pools aren't viable at the time?
Is that possible?

If you don't know what I mean, add a solo server to your bithopper and activate it.

Also, it reports zero's across the board for mHash, shares, rejects, etc. How do I make it so it reports statistics?
Thanks

i don't get you very well but i think you're trying to set-up solo mining there... correct me if i'm wrong
in that case just use the "backup" option and you're good to go. Share reporting is not possible because you will have to install a real pool back-end that will have to count your shares and report them somehow. Share counting is really useless in this case only if you plan to hop your own server.

Oooooooh.
Ok. What I meant was that I put "-server" on my bitcoin-qt shortcut to open it in server mode, then I set the address to that server on my bithopper client. (Both are hosted on the same computer/ server box, which might be where I mixed you up at)
Before, when I had it activated on my bithopper client, it would always be running and none of the other pools would activate. But I set "Solo" to backup in my config file and all's good in the world.
Thank you very much for your help. And if you know anyone who can make bithopper plugins, can you PM me/ have them PM me please? I'd like these features on my server and I've obviously had a hard time getting them activated myself. I'm willing to pay what I can spare.

Thanks

np, you could hang out on our irc channel and i'm sure one of our coders will give you a hand if you're a generous person Wink
Activity: 129
December 03, 2011, 09:20:16 PM
Now, I added my solo server to my bithopper server but when I have it activated, it mines it all the time, non stop.
How do I set it so the solo is only mined as a last resort when the other pools aren't viable at the time?
Is that possible?

If you don't know what I mean, add a solo server to your bithopper and activate it.

Also, it reports zero's across the board for mHash, shares, rejects, etc. How do I make it so it reports statistics?
Thanks

i don't get you very well but i think you're trying to set-up solo mining there... correct me if i'm wrong
in that case just use the "backup" option and you're good to go. Share reporting is not possible because you will have to install a real pool back-end that will have to count your shares and report them somehow. Share counting is really useless in this case only if you plan to hop your own server.

Oooooooh.
Ok. What I meant was that I put "-server" on my bitcoin-qt shortcut to open it in server mode, then I set the address to that server on my bithopper client. (Both are hosted on the same computer/ server box, which might be where I mixed you up at)
Before, when I had it activated on my bithopper client, it would always be running and none of the other pools would activate. But I set "Solo" to backup in my config file and all's good in the world.
Thank you very much for your help. And if you know anyone who can make bithopper plugins, can you PM me/ have them PM me please? I'd like these features on my server and I've obviously had a hard time getting them activated myself. I'm willing to pay what I can spare.

Thanks
legendary
December 03, 2011, 08:52:45 PM
Is that possible?

Thanks

December 03, 2011, 04:01:42 PM
Is that possible?

Thanks

edit:
I'll also pay someone 1btc (all i can really afford right now) to make an addon of what I am requesting https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.638270 here
legendary
December 02, 2011, 09:03:00 AM
So whats the progress on this? I have recommended some features that I think many people would find useful, and I have no response. I'll pay someone 1BTC if they can integrate the current BTC price into the server page on the top right-hand corner, and integrate into the user stats a thing that tells how many bitcoins each of the users have generated themselves. It's a simple math problem really. user_average / 100 * payout_total = how much user has earned.

bitHopper uses standard python code and has been written to accept custom plug-ins too. You can hire any python programmer out there, if you don't code, and he could create a bH plug-in easily for you that does whatever you ask. Atm bH does what was intended for and a little more  Wink
December 02, 2011, 06:04:18 AM
So whats the progress on this? I have recommended some features that I think many people would find useful, and I have no response. I'll pay someone 1BTC if they can integrate the current BTC price into the server page on the top right-hand corner, and integrate into the user stats a thing that tells how many bitcoins each of the users have generated themselves. It's a simple math problem really. user_average / 100 * payout_total = how much user has earned.
legendary
November 30, 2011, 08:09:10 PM
I am interested in hiring an experienced hopper to manage a 10GHash/S mining operation. PM me please.

Thanks.

try using http://btcproxy.net for a hands-free hopping experience
November 27, 2011, 12:52:50 AM
Eh, sorry but I need help with this stuff.

Is it possible to display on the server page what the current Mtgox and TradeHill prices are in a chosen currency? I want mine to display USD and CAD from both Mtgox and Tradehill, but I can't seem to get it to work at all and I can't figure out how to even do it...
I'm prepared to pay someone to do it for me.
November 12, 2011, 07:09:25 PM
Is it possible to set it so we can see what each user generates? My friend wishes to mine with my sever, but we don't know how to track the earnings.

The bottom part should show the shares submitted by each user.  That's really the only way to track the earnings.

Is there a special formula to tell how many shares equals an amount of bitcoins? Because I have two friends who want to use this now lol.
There must be a way right? It tells what each site is earning, so I'm sure i could get what each user is earning..  Does anyone know if its completely impossible? Or if there is a way in there somewhere?

OH and also what i was wondering and forgot..
can there be an updater put in the app? I'm never sure if i have the latest bithopper or not.
At the very least a little part of the page that says what that version is that is currently running would be very helpful.
legendary
Activity: 966
Keep it real
November 10, 2011, 07:44:04 PM
Is it possible to set it so we can see what each user generates? My friend wishes to mine with my sever, but we don't know how to track the earnings.

The bottom part should show the shares submitted by each user.  That's really the only way to track the earnings.
November 10, 2011, 07:42:34 PM
legendary
November 04, 2011, 09:44:57 PM
@hollajandro & Litt, you will get all the help you need on our irc chan @ #bitHopper (Freenode), this thread has not been too active lately  Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 04, 2011, 09:08:50 PM
Can someone show me what is the correct format to setup multiple workers in user.cfg?

I've tried following the example in the user.cfg getting creative and looking for some basic python syntax online for some noob guide, but yeah.. 

I'm definitely doing it wrong and could use a hand..  Huh

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
November 04, 2011, 02:47:13 PM
@hollajandro try updating the sys libraries with a
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Nope..just updated binutils and tzdata..no libraries. Still crashing.
Pages:
Jump to: