Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 120. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 30, 2011, 01:19:56 PM
We should rename mine_friendly to mine_charity or mine_philanthropic or mine_pr.
By calling it friendly it implies that other forms are unfriendly. So in an attempt to create goodwill it reinforces the stereotype that other hopping is negative.
mine_charity separates other mining as the business ventures they are and shows that some miners are also charity or philanthropic minded.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 30, 2011, 01:01:09 PM
I only have one instance of bitHopper running, but the miners rarely, but occasionally stop getting work

more testing needed to get on this one
btw gnaget, how would I change the threshold for mine_friendly if I want for ex. 500% and where in the code ?
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
July 30, 2011, 12:12:54 PM
I only have one instance of bitHopper running, but the miners rarely, but occasionally stop getting work
legendary
July 30, 2011, 12:06:07 PM
I have seen several instances with miners being stuck with the work queue empty.  I'm guessing LP must be getting stuck, and not returning data, but I don't know yet.  Looking into it, but takes a while for the behavior to exhibit itself, so debugging is a bitch.  Anyone have an idea of a fix?

various instances on where ? I think still has some LP bugs and running more than one instance on the same machine gets you that
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
July 30, 2011, 11:59:27 AM
I have seen several instances with miners being stuck with the work queue empty.  I'm guessing LP must be getting stuck, and not returning data, but I don't know yet.  Looking into it, but takes a while for the behavior to exhibit itself, so debugging is a bitch.  Anyone have an idea of a fix?
legendary
July 30, 2011, 11:54:36 AM
Code:
cd ~
rm -r bitHopper/
git clone https://github.com/c00w/bitHopper.git
I have done this with the same result.... Huh

wow, this one's tricky

anterior versions worked for you or this is the first time you run the script ?

edit: I see you had working versions there, from your posts, so dunno why last ver. is not working for you
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
July 30, 2011, 11:40:11 AM
Code:
cd ~
rm -r bitHopper/
I have done this with the same result.... Huh
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
July 30, 2011, 11:37:54 AM
Anyways, I'd actually like everyone to use bitHopper and just screw these proportional pools out of existence that make profit from less experienced users. (in Prop. the bigggest winner from hopping isn't the hopper but the pool operator!)

Anyone know of ways to script py2exe with the git commits, to provide a simple single win32 executable at each commit?
legendary
July 30, 2011, 11:23:02 AM
please don't feed the trolls ppl
they have various moral and ethical threads where they can practice their abilities freely
legendary
Activity: 2618
July 30, 2011, 11:20:14 AM
By putting in this stupid statement we all now agree that poolhopping doesn't increase the pie.
It only increases the piece of the pie of the poolhoppers.

So, it's stealing from the honest miner that stays at the pool.

You could ask "so, why don't they start Poolhopping?"
If everyone would start Poolhopping, it won't have any use...
You only take from miners who knowingly choose to get paid less per share than on any *PPS pool out there (once 100% of difficulty in shares has been reached). If they WANT to mine at a known loss, it's their business.

If everyone started poolhopping, the backup pools would be crammed full and bitHopper would just be a failover proxy between them with some stats display. All prop. pools would be empty once they take longer to solve a block than 43.5% of difficulty in shares.
legendary
July 30, 2011, 11:14:25 AM
you forgot to tell us how you launch it (exact command and what dir)
in dir /home/xxx/test_4/bitHopper/
python bitHopper.py

happened to me too a while ago, it was the archive extractor's fault not overwriting all files
try this:

Code:
cd ~

rm -r bitHopper/

#and for every update run

git pull

#in bitHopper's dir
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.
July 30, 2011, 11:06:44 AM
This is a straw man.

I read this as

"This is the last straw, man."

and I thought "here come the flames...".  After a double take I was almost disappointed to realise you were referring to a logical fallacy.
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.
July 30, 2011, 11:03:27 AM
hey, dunno what happened but stats in last version (73e3015) don't show up with "info" role just puts a N/A like it's disabled pool.

This is the piece of code that is now bad in index.html:

+        if(srv["role"].substring(0, 4) != "mine") {
              return "N/A";

yep, assuming nothing else relies on this it really should be

Code:
if(srv["role"] = "disable"){
           return "N/A";

since I want to see what's happening on all mines except disabled ones - even backups.

legendary
July 30, 2011, 11:03:06 AM
in dir /home/xxx/test_4/bitHopper/
python bitHopper.py
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
July 30, 2011, 10:58:28 AM
hey, dunno what happened but stats in last version (73e3015) don't show up with "info" role just puts a N/A like it's disabled pool.

This is the piece of code that is now bad in index.html:

+        if(srv["role"].substring(0, 4) != "mine") {
              return "N/A";
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 30, 2011, 10:53:32 AM
Dont lie Wink

You made all the original comments before feeling the need to invest time to understand poolhopping better Smiley

Once you decided to stop being lazy you realised that poolhopping is very practical.

I just find it mildly amusing how you changed your stance completely, but welcome to the side of the good guys.

I will acknowledge it is a shit load more work - that's what makes it more fun.  I actually pride myself on being able to take in new information and change my stance.  I never understood the concept of make up your mind, and stick to it no matter what.  It's that kind of crack thinking that got us into 2 wars

Oh I agree, sticking to something thats stupid from the start is flawed by itself.

Im just making fun of you for the sake of others who have the same original stance as you, I am glad however you realised just how fked of a stance it was :p
legendary
July 30, 2011, 10:53:25 AM
now I have git clone the latest version of
https://github.com/c00w/bitHopper.git
and there comes this:

------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bitHopper.py", line 227, in
    bithopper_global = BitHopper()
  File "bitHopper.py", line 43, in __init__
    self.pool = pool.Pool(self)
  File "/home/xxx/test_4/bitHopper/pool.py", line 27, in __init__
    self.servers[pool]['default_role'] = self.servers[pool]['role']
KeyError: 'role'
-----------------------------------------------------
(ubuntu natty64)
whats wrong?
TIA

legendary
July 30, 2011, 10:52:02 AM
now I have git clone the latest version of
https://github.com/c00w/bitHopper.git
and there comes this:

------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bitHopper.py", line 227, in
    bithopper_global = BitHopper()
  File "bitHopper.py", line 43, in __init__
    self.pool = pool.Pool(self)
  File "/home/xxx/test_4/bitHopper/pool.py", line 27, in __init__
    self.servers[pool]['default_role'] = self.servers[pool]['role']
KeyError: 'role'
-----------------------------------------------------
(ubuntu natty64)
whats wrong?
TIA
July 30, 2011, 10:46:11 AM
Dont lie Wink

You made all the original comments before feeling the need to invest time to understand poolhopping better Smiley

Once you decided to stop being lazy you realised that poolhopping is very practical.

I just find it mildly amusing how you changed your stance completely, but welcome to the side of the good guys.

I will acknowledge it is a shit load more work - that's what makes it more fun.  I actually pride myself on being able to take in new information and change my stance.  I never understood the concept of make up your mind, and stick to it no matter what.  It's that kind of crack thinking that got us into 2 wars
+1
regardless of your conversion experience welcome to the church. You are our very own Saul of Tarsus.
July 30, 2011, 10:42:59 AM
You move hashingpower from pools with bad luck to pools with (hopefully) more luck, by hopping.

This is a ridiculous statement. Pool hoppers do not control the pools luck

This is a straw man. No one claims we control luck but we do improve the statistical probability for quicker block solving. In shorthand that looks like improved luck. It's actually just saying that your probability of solving a block increases with the number of shares and we dump in a bunch of shares at the beginning to jumpstart the process. Smart pool ops will also leverage the increased hashrate to attract more miners. Again nothing draws a crowd like a crowd. And as someone once said "the harder I work, the luckier I get". Hoppers provide that hard work... Especially for smaller pools.
Jump to: