Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 119. (Read 355689 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
July 30, 2011, 04:14:53 PM
I've been testing out some namecoin mining.

mine_nmc does what it's supposed to do and stops mining at .40 of namecoin difficulty, however, when bithopper compares a namecoin pool to a bitcoin pool it always prefers namecoin because it uses bitcoins dificulty ratio to compare the two.  Also, the stats page displays namecoins percentages with bitcoins difficulty.  In this picture namebit should be around 28% rather than 1.57%.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 30, 2011, 03:59:15 PM
Yeah just restarted, working fine now.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 30, 2011, 03:54:29 PM
i dont know how long that api_disabled lasts, I restarted the hopper and it is fine now.. they are nearly at 300% so you arent missing anything right now
July 30, 2011, 03:51:37 PM
Any one else getting api_disable with mt.red? I checked the api key and it's correct and api link works in browser.
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
July 30, 2011, 03:45:47 PM
Currently most of the lost profit was due to shares being submitted to the wrong pool (a few % less) but anyways - as the earnings are enourmously higher than expected if you hop several pools it still paid off.

Update to the latest version, I think you'll be quite pleased
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
July 30, 2011, 03:32:45 PM
there must be some sort of lag time when connecting to a new server in which your miner is doing no work. This lag IMHO probably eats up the tiny advantage.
There is very little lag and actually one could prefetch getworks to reduce it even further (just stay connected to several pools at once). Currently most of the lost profit was due to shares being submitted to the wrong pool (a few % less) but anyways - as the earnings are enourmously higher than expected if you hop several pools it still paid off.

We'll need the "staying connected to several pools at once" anyways in the future for Long Polling timing

Currently I'm researching autobuild mechanisms... Jenkins seems quite ok. Now to creating a single executable with a python interpreter that runs on Windows under Linux...
moOo
July 30, 2011, 03:30:44 PM
what does mine_friendly do? jump back when they got big blocks?

small request...to make the server names on the website.. links.. seems like we already have most of the links in the cfg though they tend to be commented out.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
July 30, 2011, 03:27:28 PM
Update.. Downgrading from Python 64bit to 32bit version solved the problem..
I suspect because of OpenSSL
July 30, 2011, 03:04:27 PM
i wonder if bitclockers will stop hating now yall fixed he stales

I also just committed the mine_friendly role, so if they want to work with us more, it might actually benefit them
moOo
July 30, 2011, 03:03:37 PM
i wonder if bitclockers will stop hating now yall fixed he stales
July 30, 2011, 02:55:33 PM
]there must be some sort of lag time when connecting to a new server in which your miner is doing no work. This lag IMHO probably eats up the tiny advantage.

There was a small lag up until yesterday when you'd end up with stales, but that has been fixed and now miner switch seamlessly between pools
moOo
July 30, 2011, 02:54:01 PM
there is plenty of contradictory data in this thread.

but if you want an easy example.. look at triple mining right now 8.5 million shares and no block yet.

if I was a non hopping miner there my shares would be nearly worthless right now..

So instead of staying there, adding share after worthless share.. I'm on another site which just found a block. I'm hoping that they find a block in less than 8.5 million shares, which is pretty likely. SO my shares that I am giving to a pool right now are most likely going to be worth more than the shares at triplemining which i know to be pretty much worthless right now.

there is a reason why this thread is so busy and it's not cause we have not checked our results.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 30, 2011, 02:50:16 PM
I have not seen any real data that pool hopping actually gets people more BTC.
Yes there is the theory you get 15% more or whatever but is it coming out that way in actual pactice?

there must be some sort of lag time when connecting to a new server in which your miner is doing no work. This lag IMHO probably eats up the tiny advantage.

If anyone has any contradictory data , I'd like to hear it.

In the 5 days I was actually monitoring what I was making from all the pools, I was making 170% of what I usually or should make on average.  So yes, it works.
Activity: 224
July 30, 2011, 02:45:44 PM
I have not seen any real data that pool hopping actually gets people more BTC.
Yes there is the theory you get 15% more or whatever but is it coming out that way in actual pactice?

If anyone has any contradictory data , I'd like to hear it.
July 30, 2011, 02:36:34 PM
Its already fixed. Update
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
July 30, 2011, 02:35:24 PM
role:info still doesn't seem to draw graphs.
Should be line 162 in index.html as far as I understand.
July 30, 2011, 02:31:06 PM
api_errors:
Um, no idea. Can you run with --debug and then throw the log in pastebin and give me a link?

info not showing?
I fixed it.

cgminer?
I think you have to give it a username and password....
I'll try with my copy.

EDIT:
My copy of cgminer work with:

cgminer -O x:x -o http://localhost:8337
Activity: 742
July 30, 2011, 01:44:37 PM
oh boy this thread got derailed allot  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

plz go on  Grin /popcorn

We're at page 89, I'm not sure anyone here remembers what the topic on page 1 was without heading over to look  Tongue
Activity: 742
July 30, 2011, 01:32:33 PM
Dont lie Wink

You made all the original comments before feeling the need to invest time to understand poolhopping better Smiley

Once you decided to stop being lazy you realised that poolhopping is very practical.

I just find it mildly amusing how you changed your stance completely, but welcome to the side of the good guys.

I will acknowledge it is a shit load more work - that's what makes it more fun.  I actually pride myself on being able to take in new information and change my stance.  I never understood the concept of make up your mind, and stick to it no matter what.  It's that kind of crack thinking that got us into 2 wars
+1
regardless of your conversion experience welcome to the church. You are our very own Saul of Tarsus.

Wow, nice reference. It's not every day someone makes a reference to the holy text of one of the big three (the Abramic religions) that I actually have to google Wink
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
July 30, 2011, 01:25:43 PM
anterior versions worked for you or this is the first time you run the script ?
now I have rebooted and also the old versions are no longer running...
if I start cgminer@localhost:
-------------------
No pools active! Exiting.
-------------------
a few hours ago this was ok... *confused*

Jump to: