Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 17. (Read 355577 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 23, 2011, 07:17:31 AM
"How to hop Slush's pool" now posted to Hopper's Den. Comments welcome!

Please don't copy and paste it back here though.

http://hoppersden.info/entry.php?15-How-to-hop-1-Slush-s-pool.
Can anyone send me an invite, please? I am keen to read it.

The article doesn't exist on that site.

The link doesn't work for you? Does for me. Sorry. Just go to Blogs->recent entries

Nope, doesn't seem to be there at all.   Weird.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
August 23, 2011, 07:06:25 AM

Sorry, Tobin, hoppers only.

Although I am not actively contributing to this thread, I am nonetheless a hopper (I even use my own hopper, which I have written long before bitHopper started to exists).
Is there some kind of examination which one has to pass  Wink.

Not really  Grin  But hoppersden is for info we don't really want leaked

I saw you've been a forumite since early June and you've never posted anything anti-hopper (harrumph, Magnet  Wink ) so get in a few posts here and someone will send you an invite soon.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 23, 2011, 06:35:10 AM

Although I am not actively contributing to this thread, I am nonetheless a hopper (I even use my own hopper, which I have written long before bitHopper started to exists).
Is there some kind of examination which one has to pass  Wink.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
August 23, 2011, 06:17:47 AM
@organofcorti: pm sended... thx!
Activity: 824
Merit: 501
Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th
August 23, 2011, 06:15:46 AM
Hi.

Can somebody please help me. Im useless at this.

Ive read the readme and installed active python. Then i did the pypm install greenlet part and exited the window.

Now where the hell do I need to go go get the hopper to work?Huh

Im running on windows by the way.

Can anybody help please?
donator
Poor impulse control.
August 23, 2011, 05:53:23 AM

if possible I would like an invitation too. thanks

You'll need to pm me an email address. Some of the invites haven't gone through though (sorry bb ... still no fix on that front?)
August 23, 2011, 05:47:01 AM
if possible I would like an invitation too. thanks
donator
Poor impulse control.
August 23, 2011, 05:37:42 AM

The link doesn't work for you? Does for me. Sorry. Just go to Blogs->recent entries

Edit:

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 23, 2011, 05:33:45 AM

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 23, 2011, 05:21:13 AM

donator
Poor impulse control.
August 23, 2011, 04:58:46 AM

PS: @ ChrisLandin check your pm.
Activity: 824
Merit: 501
Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th
August 23, 2011, 03:18:06 AM
I gotta ask. Will this system be good for me???

I run 2 rigs of 4 x 5850's and 1 x 5870 and a 5830. I currently mine proportional on a large well know pool where I can average anything between .8 and 1.01 btc a day.

Will this hopping thing work with windows? Im using vista on one and 7 on another. 

Is it simple to set up? Im not to great that way!

Will the benefits outweight my current btc return each day?

Cheers
donator
Poor impulse control.
August 23, 2011, 03:02:38 AM
BMU is out now... Adjust accordingly.

We pay with a modified share based proportional payout system. The payout system has been hard coded with a mechanism to protect Union members from cheating via excessive pool hopping

runlinux, you werent pool hopping were you? lol I sent you a pm

Sound like slush. Might be still hoppable, depending. I wouldn't though - plenty of other small pools to choose from, and I'd never have more than one pool that size on my list. Too much variance.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 23, 2011, 12:38:39 AM
for me they were out since that creepy first pool they have... never an "estimated", never find a block, refreshing the web in the morning and come back a couple of hours later to see it loading... pfffff, and now they are anti-hoppers?? c´mon

Just the next pool to fade away into nothing.  Cry
You try to help...
August 23, 2011, 12:03:15 AM
for me they were out since that creepy first pool they have... never an "estimated", never find a block, refreshing the web in the morning and come back a couple of hours later to see it loading... pfffff, and now they are anti-hoppers?? c´mon
Activity: 102
August 22, 2011, 11:53:25 PM
BMU is out now... Adjust accordingly.

We pay with a modified share based proportional payout system. The payout system has been hard coded with a mechanism to protect Union members from cheating via excessive pool hopping

runlinux, you werent pool hopping were you? lol I sent you a pm
August 22, 2011, 08:19:36 PM
ok, perfect... I thought that was the case since it works really well Wink

nice signature btw...
August 22, 2011, 07:41:29 PM
So, BitClockers stats are ok right now? I have set it under "mine_deepbit", should I change to "mine" only or it´s fine as it is?

I mine them normally. Their stats are legit. They only had a problem before when their backend wasn't beefed up. Our getwork requests crushed them and produced a lot of stales. All of that is fixed and they are now producing honest stats and low stales.
August 22, 2011, 06:15:55 PM
So, BitClockers stats are ok right now? I have set it under "mine_deepbit", should I change to "mine" only or it´s fine as it is?
August 22, 2011, 04:56:26 PM
If pools care so much about their miners, then why they don't implement a fair reward system like PPLNS or PPS ? ..

[ANNC] Mainframe MC moves to PPLNS reward system

That is straight-up bollocks. Mainframe hasn't been hopped forever as I pointed out in that thread. Sucky pools can blame hoppers all they want, but the Internet remembers and lies like this can be debunked too easily.

Next Eclipse and Mineco.in are going to blame poor performance on hoppers.

The plain truth is: hopping is an asset to smaller pools and insignificant to larger pools. Pools that spend their time trying to thwart hoppers are falling behind to pools that don't care about hoppers and just work on creating great pools.

Case in point: BitCoinPool decided to get all self-righteous and thwart hoppers (despite stating that a percentage donation would whitelist you from hopper flagging). The result: Geebus screwed up the web page and the database resulting in serious downtime (http://bitcoinpool.com/index.php?page=3&ipp=1&do=archive, search for 'down' here: http://pastebin.com/GX69BZzM).

Compare that to the hopper friendly (actually indifferent) BitClockers. They are growing and focusing on building a strong infrastructure and not caring at all about hoppers. So they are stickied to the top of the pools list (thereby attracting more miners), experiencing their highest hash rates: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.470459 and recognizing the value of hoppers: http://pastebin.com/VCqp55W2

One of these pools is growing and one is dying. Mainframe is dying. Pools that welcome hoppers are doing fine, pools that spend their cycles trying to fight hoppers are just wasting their time and hurting their other lazy miners (oh I'm sorry, do you insist I refer to people who do a set and forget as ethical or honest? no thanks. They are just lazy or casual. If they don't like the amount they are paid, then they can work for more like most hoppers do).
Pages:
Jump to: