Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 169. (Read 355689 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
July 20, 2011, 11:40:26 PM
Yes, bitp.it fakes stats.

BTW: anyone has an idea why I only mine at nofee until the next check and then fall back to the backuppool? They are significantly under the 40% and everytime i restart my bithopper it immediately begins mining there...

Yes, as I mentioned above bitpit are faking their stats to zero hashrate and zero total shares. So you just don't go there until the scoring is changed. All bitpit did was stop hoppers to buy time until they could get a new scoring system in place. It wasn't an active attack, all they've tried to do is defend until their new scoring is up.

bclc on the other hand are taking their stats off, then back on to get hoppers there, and then more recently has started cycling seemingly random rates between 7000 and  90000 total shares on their json feed - but not if you view the json feed by browser. So they're actually targeting any proxy that is using bclc,  and are trying to trap 'hoppers there for full rounds. There are work-arounds, but it's still an active attack, so no, I won't be going to bclc when 'hopping is done.

Yes, I read the thread. Still, imo the sensible thing to do would have been keeping the stats as they were until the new system was in place. They broke functionality for everybody and effectively trapped hoppers as well.

So did btcg and they have no plans to go prop as far as I know (could be wrong). All I'm saying is that when hopping is no longer profitable, I'll be moving to pools that are proactive to protect their full time miners without trying to damage hoppers intentionally. I will not be moving to a pool that spends an awful lot of time and energy playing a game of fakery and making no plans to do anything that will be of actual benefit to their miners.

Pools I'd consider moving to afterward, based on how they acted during the 'Hopping era", how they treat their miners or how much they rely on security by obscurity alone:

I'd move to -
Bitp.it
Eclipse MC
Mineco.in

I would not move to -
BitcoinPool
BTCGuild
Bitcoins-lc
Deepbit
bb
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 20, 2011, 11:25:53 PM

BTW: anyone has an idea why I only mine at nofee until the next check and then fall back to the backuppool? They are significantly under the 40% and everytime i restart my bithopper it immediately begins mining there...

Yes, as I mentioned above bitpit are faking their stats to zero hashrate and zero total shares. So you just don't go there until the scoring is changed. All bitpit did was stop hoppers to buy time until they could get a new scoring system in place. It wasn't an active attack, all they've tried to do is defend until their new scoring is up.

bclc on the other hand are taking their stats off, then back on to get hoppers there, and then more recently has started cycling seemingly random rates between 7000 and  90000 total shares on their json feed - but not if you view the json feed by browser. So they're actually targeting any proxy that is using bclc,  and are trying to trap 'hoppers there for full rounds. There are work-arounds, but it's still an active attack, so no, I won't be going to bclc when 'hopping is done.

Yes, I read the thread. Still, imo the sensible thing to do would have been keeping the stats as they were until the new system was in place. They broke functionality for everybody and effectively trapped hoppers as well.
donator
Poor impulse control.
July 20, 2011, 10:39:11 PM

bclc on the other hand are taking their stats off, then back on to get hoppers there, and then more recently has started cycling seemingly random rates between 7000 and  90000 total shares on their json feed - but not if you view the json feed by browser. So they're actually targeting any proxy that is using bclc,  and are trying to trap 'hoppers there for full rounds. There are work-arounds, but it's still an active attack, so no, I won't be going to bclc when 'hopping is done.
bb
July 20, 2011, 10:29:40 PM

donator
Poor impulse control.
July 20, 2011, 10:26:12 PM
Why not? ESMPPS seems as good a backup as eligius or arsbitcoin. And while they've been doing their changeover, all they did was make shares and hashrate zero.

It caught us out, but they didn't do it to screw us - unlike bclc who constantly change their around with their total shares in order to mess around with bitHopper.

They've committed to a fair-share scoring method, and that's what this is all about. When there are no more prop pools and 'hopping is no more, they'll definitely be one of the pools I mine at.
bb
July 20, 2011, 10:17:22 PM
Why didn't you guys just change your algorithm? We could have added you as a backup pool.

We are changing our algorithm, we're moving to ESMPPS. http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12181.msg378328#msg378328

We'd love you guys to call us home once we make the switch.  Smiley

So, I'll just go ahead and say: no thanks...?
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 20, 2011, 10:02:09 PM
So anyone else make like nothing today?  I'll be lucky to hit 50% of what my normal daily value is.  All of the pools are being ridiculously unlucky.

Yep, getting close to nothing today. Wouldnt have been much better even directly mining at a pool. Weirdness.
July 20, 2011, 09:58:50 PM
So anyone else make like nothing today?  I'll be lucky to hit 50% of what my normal daily value is.  All of the pools are being ridiculously unlucky.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
July 20, 2011, 09:24:46 PM
sweet
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 20, 2011, 08:25:37 PM
Well the PM's were pretty clear.

On a different note flowers stuff with regards to the website is finally merged over.

View it at localhost:8337/stats
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
July 20, 2011, 08:13:52 PM
But did you know he knew what he thought you knew?
July 20, 2011, 08:12:56 PM
Yeah I just replied a second time saying that I thought it wasn't what you thought it was.

Aren't we cryptic.

Haha.  Yea.  I figured it out about 3 seconds after I sent you the PM that what I was noticing was absolutely useless.
July 20, 2011, 08:11:17 PM
Yeah I just replied a second time saying that I thought it wasn't what you thought it was.

Aren't we cryptic.
July 20, 2011, 08:08:20 PM
Well if you figure something out and are willing to tell the public we are grateful and I think there is a reward for you at hoppersden.info

Just PMed you what I was noticing.  Don't know if it will turn out to be something useful at all.  Also just noticed that I made a mistake in the PM that I sent you, but I don't think it would matter in the scheme of things if it pans out.

May not have anything to do with deepbit though now that I think about it.
July 20, 2011, 08:06:05 PM
Well if you figure something out and are willing to tell the public we are grateful and I think there is a reward for you at hoppersden.info
July 20, 2011, 07:57:13 PM
He's talking about deepbit hopping support. Not deepbit backup support.

Yep, I'll be able to tell within an hour, but its looking real good so far.
July 20, 2011, 07:51:30 PM
He's talking about deepbit hopping support. Not deepbit backup support.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 20, 2011, 07:47:21 PM
I think its the worst designed bitcoin pool site in existence and probably just an error.  Post in their thread and I am sure they will fix it.

BTW, I think I may have a way to add deepbit as a pool.  Gotta wait an hour and see if what I am noticing is accurate.

Ryo's fork allready have deepbit support unless you figured out something more accurate involving prop and not PPS.
July 20, 2011, 07:46:27 PM
I think its the worst designed bitcoin pool site in existence and probably just an error.  Post in their thread and I am sure they will fix it.

BTW, I think I may have a way to add deepbit as a pool.  Gotta wait an hour and see if what I am noticing is accurate.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
July 20, 2011, 07:40:43 PM
What do you think about this ...

If they detect strange activity on my account they can do this ?
Jump to: