Pages:
Author

Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy - page 46. (Read 355678 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 09, 2011, 03:34:01 AM
Interesting.  Anyone had a word with them about our good old "we'll give you 1% if you leave us alone" Smiley

EDIT:   Hmmm, what's going on with polmine.  The stats just reset to zero, but apparently the current block has been running for 14 hours...

yeah polmine might be screwing with us.. they have been talking about it and we have been noticing strange stats.

Just checked their forum (thanks to google translate) and saw this:

process restart and upgrade completed:)
«On: Today at 6:47:29»
Welcome to the miners?

after the pain, the update finished:)
we have a new soft in the mine, the server refreshes
We apologize for the inconvenience, if you temporarily unable to view our website www.

I assume that means they restarted the server and everything reset.

Yeah, but that restart was to implement the following:
Miners Welcome! Today may be able to run the mechanism anti-hopper version first. It is not impossible that will change both its parameters and the whole mechanism. Changes will be made ​​depending on the needs and effects of what can be achieved. Although the jumpers contribute to productivity growth (and thus higher profits for each miner) try to set up a mechanism for rewarding those who copy from us reliably and without interruption. How will it work? The mechanism consists of two parts: first Detection of the Knight: Knight is one person who repeatedly (at least in the last 3 blocks) sharply increased its power from us shortly after falling block. Details of the algorithm may not be published until the end, because soon all the bypass jumpers wykombinują. Any doubts will be resolved and explained in prv. Jumper will know that it is regarded as such by the indication in the statistics of the user. 2nd calculation of commissions will be slightly modified as follows  a) the previous rules after falling block will be allocated proportionally commission at all, but the value of the block will be reduced (in the first version of the mechanism by 5 BTC)  b) 5 BTC frees the block will be distributed in addition to the only reliable kicking (without jumpers) mechanism will be modified depending on the results (whether it will bring us further opportunities for growth and increase in power, or rather the negative consequences). The mechanism can be turned off and completely changed. Please vote in the poll, please also read the interview in the previous thread on this topic http://forum.polmine.pl/index.php?topic=545.0 one hand jumpers help and accelerate the development of the mine, on the other hand get it for what honestly earned (not everyone likes). But try to start this mechanism, we'll see what happens.

Essentially they are going to be reducing the block reward by 10-20% and redistributing that amount to non-hoppers. I've disabled them for the time being.
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
August 09, 2011, 03:31:41 AM
Code:
[digbtc]
name: DigBTC.net (DigBIT)
mine_address: digbtc.net:8332
api_address: http://digbtc.net/papi.php
api_method: json
api_key: shares_this_round
url: http://www.digbtc.net/main.php

I think he's faking total pool size by 300-400%, I had it with bithasher as backup pool, shares grew evenly on both...
Activity: 168
August 09, 2011, 03:02:42 AM
Well not sure how the digbit admin correlates chrome with attackers but here is hes explaination for chrome user-agent not working:

Code:
Yes, it only limit chrome Chrome/13.0.782.109, because attack are using this.

LOL , take your pick guys http://www.user-agents.org/

Sorry, I know I'm a few pages behind and this may have already been suggested:

Couldn't we have a list of UAs that are randomly (or round robin-ly) rotated through for each lookup request so that there isn't a single detectable signal from BH? If we have all the main browsers (IE/Safari/Firefox/Chrome/Opera) on several platforms (Windows 7/XP/Mac OS/iPhone/Ubuntu/Android) it would make it impossible for a pool operator to identify BH traffic from any other traffic.
Activity: 196
August 09, 2011, 02:39:35 AM
I'm not sure how slicing is done exactly. But I think we should probably give weight to mhashs.
on a really fast site, we can get barely any shares in before they hit 43% or what ever we decide the rate should be.
we could finish their ratio and be back mining with the slower slites before they got to much further down the line.
sorta like how everyone wants to jump on slush quick, because it;s rounds are so short.

way faster sites should probably get some priority, so we submit the most shares over all to both.

Yeah now that c00w has coded in re_rate it shouldn't be to hard to utilize that code to grab the hash rate of the pool and adjust priorities based upon pool hash rate. I think this could bring slicing at par or even make it better than default scheduler.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 09, 2011, 02:27:11 AM
With slicing is it possible to give a certain pool longer time than other pools rather than it splitting the time evenly?

I noticed slicing with MT Red and Polmine that my estimated earning are almost exactly half than if I were to use the default scheduler. BUT with pools ozco.in and triple my estimated reward is the same with sliceing as if I were to use default scheduler. So I was wondering if I spent a bit more time on mtred and polmine could I get those estimated shares back up?

Yep. The slicer is is very configurable and that's why I prefer it. You can adjust it with startup parameters or on the fly with penalty options. I'm currently using:

--scheduler=AltSliceScheduler --altslicesize=100 --altminslicesize=15 --threshold=0.475

...but the slice size assigned to each pool depends upon it's distance from threshold and is therefore affected by the penalty setting. You can get any result you like.

Can you please write a tutorial for us howto use and configure this scheduler?  Huh

I surely can. Right after some coffee. :p
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 09, 2011, 02:22:29 AM
Digbtc added JSON:

http://digbtc.net/papi.php
August 09, 2011, 02:18:47 AM
I'm not sure how slicing is done exactly. But I think we should probably give weight to mhashs.
on a really fast site, we can get barely any shares in before they hit 43% or what ever we decide the rate should be.
we could finish their ratio and be back mining with the slower slites before they got to much further down the line.
sorta like how everyone wants to jump on slush quick, because it;s rounds are so short.

way faster sites should probably get some priority, so we submit the most shares over all to both.

Yep, definitely.
Activity: 174
August 09, 2011, 02:17:02 AM
With slicing is it possible to give a certain pool longer time than other pools rather than it splitting the time evenly?

I noticed slicing with MT Red and Polmine that my estimated earning are almost exactly half than if I were to use the default scheduler. BUT with pools ozco.in and triple my estimated reward is the same with sliceing as if I were to use default scheduler. So I was wondering if I spent a bit more time on mtred and polmine could I get those estimated shares back up?

Yep. The slicer is is very configurable and that's why I prefer it. You can adjust it with startup parameters or on the fly with penalty options. I'm currently using:

--scheduler=AltSliceScheduler --altslicesize=100 --altminslicesize=15 --threshold=0.475

...but the slice size assigned to each pool depends upon it's distance from threshold and is therefore affected by the penalty setting. You can get any result you like.

Can you please write a tutorial for us howto use and configure this scheduler?  Huh
Activity: 434
August 09, 2011, 02:13:40 AM

Activity: 476
moOo
August 09, 2011, 02:08:16 AM

August 09, 2011, 01:54:53 AM

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 09, 2011, 01:13:11 AM
should have read further.. he wants 2.5% .. from their faq

0.0% - Basic services
1.0% - SMS/Txt Notifications enabled
2.5% - Your workers are added to the QoS zone
3.5% - Managed Rig system access

Pretty sure that is the hopper freedom zone.

I would have paid 2.5% for "QoS FREE ZONE" since being QoS'd means they are inspecting/alterning traffic from your connection whereas I would prefer being untouched like a virgin.

i'm guessing that is what he means. we are probably all in teh QOS zone, he just means he will remove us from bulk to normal access.

QOS on a network churning away at 2GH ? LMAO
moOo
August 09, 2011, 01:09:45 AM

0.0% - Basic services

I would have paid 2.5% for "QoS FREE ZONE" since being QoS'd means they are inspecting/alterning traffic from your connection whereas I would prefer being untouched like a virgin.

i'm guessing that is what he means. we are probably all in teh QOS zone, he just means he will remove us from bulk to normal access.
August 09, 2011, 01:06:40 AM

0.0% - Basic services

moOo
August 09, 2011, 01:04:23 AM

0.0% - Basic services

August 09, 2011, 01:01:26 AM
hey guys, seems like someone misses us on unitedminers
I could leave 1% if they were legal

Why even call it unitedminers when they decide to segregate us hoppers.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
August 09, 2011, 12:55:57 AM
hey guys, seems like someone misses us on unitedminers
I could leave 1% if they were legal
August 09, 2011, 12:55:45 AM
Interesting.  Anyone had a word with them about our good old "we'll give you 1% if you leave us alone" Smiley

EDIT:   Hmmm, what's going on with polmine.  The stats just reset to zero, but apparently the current block has been running for 14 hours...

yeah polmine might be screwing with us.. they have been talking about it and we have been noticing strange stats.

Just checked their forum (thanks to google translate) and saw this:

process restart and upgrade completed:)
«On: Today at 6:47:29»
Welcome to the miners?

after the pain, the update finished:)
we have a new soft in the mine, the server refreshes
We apologize for the inconvenience, if you temporarily unable to view our website www.

I assume that means they restarted the server and everything reset.
moOo
August 09, 2011, 12:54:40 AM
Interesting.  Anyone had a word with them about our good old "we'll give you 1% if you leave us alone" Smiley

EDIT:   Hmmm, what's going on with polmine.  The stats just reset to zero, but apparently the current block has been running for 14 hours...

also on united miners let him know here

Straight prop.
I'd be willing to donate premium percentage, so say like 2.5% to 5% to have hopping access along with a reliable API.  Tie the pool stats into a the user API, which can only be enabled after you donate a predetermined percentage.  You can then redistribute this fund to your full time miners as "additional hopper income".  I think the ~50GH/s will definitely help a pool out and also attract more miners.  Even if most hoppers leave after 43% of shares being submitted, there is still an incentive for finishing a block, because without the block being finished no one will get payed hopper or not.
http://www.digbtc.net/ DigBitcoin resurrected itself after switching back to purely prop after trying LNSMPPS.

I like this idea. Has this worked out for any other pools? Do hoppers think it's a good idea?
August 09, 2011, 12:52:19 AM
@rampone
Footer on this message is correct.
Pages:
Jump to: