Pages:
Author

Topic: [BITLOTTO] Mar 1 draw over $2000 or 50BTC! Tickets now 0.1 BTC for Apr 5 - page 13. (Read 55082 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
I see a potential problem with the new UI for BitLotto:
 - http://www.BitLotto.com

The space "above the fold" should only have one address, in my opinion -- the address for the current draw.

Being a repeat visitor I had visually scanned the page, and within a couple of seconds had highlighted and copied the address that I thought was the current draw's address.  Ends up after doing a sanity check (and reading the text before and after the address), I realized that was the address for the previous month's winner.

So that other impatient people such as myself don't inadvertently send payments to the previous month's winner, you might wish to change that somehow.  Perhaps remove the address and link the word winner to the page with the details somehow or otherwise make it so that my mistake isn't so easily repeatable.

sadly no one has as yet followed though with this mistake, but I live in hope  Grin
LOL. It might be a bit harder now! Wink
I just updated the website.
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110

The space "above the fold" should only have one address, in my opinion -- the address for the current draw.

Being a repeat visitor I had visually scanned the page, and within a couple of seconds had highlighted and copied the address that I thought was the current draw's address.  Ends up after doing a sanity check (and reading the text before and after the address), I realized that was the address for the previous month's winner.

So that other impatient people such as myself don't inadvertently send payments to the previous month's winner, you might wish to change that somehow.  Perhaps remove the address and link the word winner to the page with the details somehow or otherwise make it so that my mistake isn't so easily repeatable.

sadly no one has as yet followed though with this mistake, but I live in hope  Grin
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Yes, the current draw deposit address is difficult to see in its current location.

Maybe something like this would help.

HOW TO PLAY BITLOTTO:

Prior to June 1 00:00 UTC, send any multiple of 0.25 to:

1BdTh4FtbkajrFjkv6jbLX8xQ11n1KfXDf

using BitLotto Compatible Software.

Grin
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

Being a repeat visitor I had visually scanned the page, and within a couple of seconds had highlighted and copied the address that I thought was the current draw's address.  Ends up after doing a sanity check (and reading the text before and after the address), I realized that was the address for the previous month's winner.

So that other impatient people such as myself don't inadvertently send payments to the previous month's winner, you might wish to change that somehow.  Perhaps remove the address and link the word winner to the page with the details somehow or otherwise make it so that my mistake isn't so easily repeatable.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Freelance videographer
I think you should still include the bitcoin address and ticket prize in your post to make it easier for people to take part after seeing your post.

I for once will buy more tickets. I love the transparency of it.
The transparency is good on here.My lotto is also good in this way.Only one week left to enter if interested. Read the thread in my sig. Smiley

Mods pse note that this is spam, the normal kind of 'hey really great post, love what you're doing' to a successful thread/service but actually pimping a completely bollocks alternative fail venture that can not be proved to operate honestly let alone professionally, I recommend deleting such blatant crap & further action if he continues
What's so bad about trying to revive a slow business? I see other examples of this on here so I know I'm not the only one.I just didn't know what else to do.You can move this if you like mods. Look I've done everything that I can to make things fair within my abilities.I'd like to see proof of how this is actually unfair? Have people actually complained? I say to you Otoh,where's the proof for your claims? Can you tell the difference between smear by other competitors vs an actual dishonest businessman (I've never behaved like that by the way,see my post history)?

I may have been over harsh, I called it as it looked to me because of the seemingly insincere way that you were promoting it on other people's threads - flattery & hey check out this also similar great offering of mine which was nothing of the sort, I never said that what you were promoting was dishonest - just that it probably couldn't be shown & proved to be totally kosher because of it being beyond your abilities to make it so & demonstrate this, I hope that the results you get will bring home to you what you actually need to do to make what you offer fair & above board plus being seen to be so, anyway my apologies if you feel that I have been overly blunt - I often am, both in praise & in criticism where I think that it would be beneficial (I'm also often very occasionally sometimes wrong, so pse don't take it personally)

Hey,I'm the same with film screenings when I watch other people's films.As a film maker you have to be quite critical of other works to get anywhere.You speak the truth in that the current form of the games is beyond my abilities to keep things 100% fair-that's why major redevelopment needs to take place as soon as the winner is chosen and gets his winnings.There will be many changes in there.For now,I'll just make sure the winner gets the prize.mems feedback really helped me with how to improve things so I'm following that now.
donator
I think you should still include the bitcoin address and ticket prize in your post to make it easier for people to take part after seeing your post.

The transparency is good on here.My lotto is also good in this way.Only one week left to enter if interested. Read the thread in my sig. Smiley

Mods pse note that this is spam, the normal kind of 'hey really great post, love what you're doing' to a successful thread/service but actually pimping a completely bollocks alternative fail venture that can not be proved to operate honestly let alone professionally, I recommend deleting such blatant crap & further action if he continues
What's so bad about trying to revive a slow business? I see other examples of this on here so I know I'm not the only one.I just didn't know what else to do.You can move this if you like mods. Look I've done everything that I can to make things fair within my abilities.I'd like to see proof of how this is actually unfair? Have people actually complained? I say to you Otoh,where's the proof for your claims? Can you tell the difference between smear by other competitors vs an actual dishonest businessman (I've never behaved like that by the way,see my post history)?

I may have been over harsh, I called it as it looked to me because of the seemingly insincere way that you were promoting it on other people's threads - flattery & hey check out this also similar great offering of mine which was nothing of the sort, I never said that what you were promoting was dishonest - just that it probably couldn't be shown & proved to be totally kosher because of it being beyond your abilities to make it so & demonstrate this, I hope that the results you get will bring home to you what you actually need to do to make what you offer fair & above board plus being seen to be so, anyway my apologies if you feel that I have been overly blunt - I often am, both in praise & in criticism where I think that it would be beneficial (I'm also often very occasionally sometimes wrong, so pse don't take it personally)
legendary
Freelance videographer

donator

legendary
Freelance videographer

208 BTC!! and that's with over a week left!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Engrave a surgical steel plate with a private key. Insert into skull. Never lose it again.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Going global?

BitLotto German Division Help
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitlotto-german-division-help-82842

You may want to consider an escape clause in there:
-the 1% of sales made to the German Bitcoin address will go to you

forever?
Ya, if someone partners, then yes, I'll make sure to mention that it's 1% during the partnership. As long as my partner is doing their part though, it would be a pretty long term thing.
legendary
Going global?

BitLotto German Division Help
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitlotto-german-division-help-82842

You may want to consider an escape clause in there:
-the 1% of sales made to the German Bitcoin address will go to you

forever?
To work you would have to use either Bitcoin, or Blockchain.info, or any software that allows you to pay multiple addresses in *one single transaction*.

This will be useful ... right to the paper wallet which was created from an "air gap" offline system.
 - http://www.BitAddress.org

I hope so. Now people who play don't have to worry about how secure the wallet making the payment is. Only the wallet that will receive the winnings.
legendary
To work you would have to use either Bitcoin, or Blockchain.info, or any software that allows you to pay multiple addresses in *one single transaction*.

This will be useful ... right to the paper wallet which was created from an "air gap" offline system.
 - http://www.BitAddress.org
NEW CUSTOM PAYOUT ADDRESS FEATURE!

Perhaps you want to the jackpot winnings to go to:
-a secure offline wallet
-a "brain wallet"
-a charity address
-a friends address
-or just any other address you want

Now you can!

For example say you want your winning to go to this address:
1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J

You would make TWO payments in one transaction: (using the "Add recipient" feature before sending it)
1. 0.25 or whatever to the BitLotto address
2. a payment of "0.00543210" to 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J
And send it.

The key is to make the "0.00543210" BTC payment to the address you want the winnings to go to!

If you win we would recognize that that 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J is the address you want payment to go to.

WORSE case (and would be rare), somehow that type of transaction occurs naturally as change. In such case, that would be one of their own addresses anyways and they'll still get the BTC.
mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
What happened to the prize? It was at like 190 BTC yesterday. Now it's at 170 BTC.
You beat me to it before I could make a post! Wink

Tx: https://blockexplorer.com/tx/e036608579e6fdc920e3bec71a16d741df89208ebc627f0eacb42fc080503cea
As shown by the amount 25.2918117 was weird.

I was contacted by that person and they had a "copy and paste clipboard brain fart". They meant to send the amount to someone else but had the wrong address in the clipboard.

That amount is being refunded to the sending address. (I can't send it back to a different addresses to prevent anyone trying to scam me.)

I was excited that someone else other than Otoh was making a large payment. We should be able to get back up there soon though!
Great work Admin Smiley
I think thats everyone's greatest fear - sending to the wrong address or wrong amount.

I sent ~2.5btc to satoshidice instead of 0.25 by accident, fortunately I won Cheesy

A new, wildly popular competing wagering service might be where a few bitcoins ended up where previously they might have been destined for BitLotto.  But that service just changed their payouts, leaving BitLotto once again as the best online, bitcoin-based wagering opportunity that I'm aware of.

I just hope its also attracting fresh meat (mmm diablo) to bitcoin Smiley
legendary
BitLotto just passed 170 BTC with about half the time left!

Good luck everyone!

A new, wildly popular competing wagering service might be where a few bitcoins ended up where previously they might have been destined for BitLotto.  But that service just changed their payouts, leaving BitLotto once again as the best online, bitcoin-based wagering opportunity that I'm aware of.
Pages:
Jump to: