Pages:
Author

Topic: [BITLOTTO] Mar 1 draw over $2000 or 50BTC! Tickets now 0.1 BTC for Apr 5 - page 17. (Read 55082 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Hey,

Yes I understand that but I never copied the actual wallet addresses anywhere. So basically all I have is backups in json file format of the wallets. I have no access to the wallets with blockchain.info being down. Basically I am looking for a way to restore those wallets for access to them without using blockchain.info.

Is this possible with just the json file backups? For the future I now know to use SIPA file format so that it can be imported to strongcoin. I just opened an account with them and I am trying to list the wallets there. Are there any forum discussions showing this information? I really would like access to those wallets. Thanks to anyone that helps. I am sure these are newbie questions but I just posted here because it is kind of related to this lottery.
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
Hello,

So I have a question. I am still new to bitcoin and all but I opened a blockchain.info wallet for this lottery and sent payment via a wallet there. Now that site is down. I have a backup of that wallet in json format but I do not know how to access it. So basically my question is when I win this lottery will the coins still be sent to the wallet even tho the blockchain.info site is down?  Grin Because I know I am going to win. LOL!

The blockchain.info site is not the actual blockchain. The blockchain is fine. That site is just a way to track everything. There is also blockexplorer.com.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Hello,

So I have a question. I am still new to bitcoin and all but I opened a blockchain.info wallet for this lottery and sent payment via a wallet there. Now that site is down. I have a backup of that wallet in json format but I do not know how to access it. So basically my question is when I win this lottery will the coins still be sent to the wallet even tho the blockchain.info site is down?  Grin Because I know I am going to win. LOL!
Activity: 672
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
I agree with DA & also pledge to donate 3% of any winnings to bitlotto for site development etc, if we could get this established as a voluntary but accepted good community practice here then maybe we'll help fund it without harming it's powerful 99% edge
THANKS! Well you do have over 400 tickets so who knows?

I'd be desperate before I change the 99%. It's one of our best features. I guess I'll ask for donations to improve the game but it will be up to the winner. The winner has the freedom to do what they want. Right now the 1% is just enough to keep the website online. That will have to do. If I don't get donations and I still want a professional design, I guess I will pay for it out of my own pocket. I really like BitLotto and I believe it can be a great game in the future. (Granted, it is right now of course too!)

Making it 99% makes it VERY fair for repeat customers too. So don't worry about that changing!

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
I agree with DA & also pledge to donate 3% of any winnings to bitlotto for site development etc, if we could get this established as a voluntary but accepted good community practice here then maybe we'll help fund it without harming it's powerful 99% edge
I disagree. I wouldn't have bought tickets if the rake had been any greater. I'm not a gambler when I feel I have negative equity. Obviously, I have negative equity even with a 1% rake. But I participate slightly because of its fun factor, and mostly because I want to help out the lottery and show the world how much better it is than state run Dollar backed lotteries. It won't take long before the lotteries are big enough to make a living on. And besides, the only reason the state takes 50% in their lotteries is because they have a monopoly. No competition is allowed. If he goes and raises his rake then there will be competitors chomping at the bits. He's got a good thing going. No need to ruin it.
3% won't ruin it. I doubt he would get serious competition, trying to sell a 1-2% lotto while the demand for such a lottery is still this small wouldn't really make sense at all. I just think it's absolutely silly that he asks for our donations to get money to develop the site. It would be much easier to just increase the percentage slightly. He can't really increase it too much because people wouldn't play and there would be more competition as well. But for me the difference between 1% and 3% is really not significant when we compare it to any state lottery. For him it would be 3 times the money so it would be significant.

I know some people who don't really trust the whole lottery because the fee is so low. I would actually claim that increasing the fee slightly would increase the amount of play because it would add more trust to the whole thing. Then it would make less sense for him (he is a totally anonymous person no one knows about, btw) to just walk away with the money in the future. It would add trust to the whole thing because if he has a good revenue stream going it would make no sense to scam the players. 1% does not qualify as a good revenue stream.

I agree that asking for donations is a non-starter. Better to ask for investments. But the amount of increase in revenue from 1% to 3% is not large enough to make it worth while, compared to how much business he might lose if he does it.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
I disagree. I wouldn't have bought tickets if the rake had been any greater. I'm not a gambler when I feel I have negative equity. Obviously, I have negative equity even with a 1% rake. But I participate slightly because of its fun factor, and mostly because I want to help out the lottery and show the world how much better it is than state run Dollar backed lotteries. It won't take long before the lotteries are big enough to make a living on. And besides, the only reason the state takes 50% in their lotteries is because they have a monopoly. No competition is allowed. If he goes and raises his rake then there will be competitors chomping at the bits. He's got a good thing going. No need to ruin it.
3% won't ruin it. I doubt he would get serious competition, trying to sell a 1-2% lotto while the demand for such a lottery is still this small wouldn't really make sense at all. I just think it's absolutely silly that he asks for our donations to get money to develop the site. It would be much easier to just increase the percentage slightly. He can't really increase it too much because people wouldn't play and there would be more competition as well. But for me the difference between 1% and 3% is really not significant when we compare it to any state lottery. For him it would be 3 times the money so it would be significant.

I know some people who don't really trust the whole lottery because the fee is so low. I would actually claim that increasing the fee slightly would increase the amount of play because it would add more trust to the whole thing. Then it would make less sense for him (he is a totally anonymous person no one knows about, btw) to just walk away with the money in the future. It would add trust to the whole thing because if he has a good revenue stream going it would make no sense to scam the players. 1% does not qualify as a good revenue stream.
As everyone knows, I make very little from BitLotto. 1% to be exact! Wink
I would like to get my site more professional looking and take BitLotto to the next level. Any donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are VERY appreciated. I'll use the BTC to pay for designing/improving the site better with graphics and/or features. If I'm still short on BTC I'll probably end up borrowing the rest.
Thanks.
I'd suggest just increasing your percentage. Most big lotteries take around 50% of the prize money, I know of none that takes less than 20%. I'm quite confident that if you increased the fee to let's say 3%, it would be fine. It would make more sense because 1% is just very little for running something like this.

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
I would like to get my site more professional looking and take BitLotto to the next level. Any donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are VERY appreciated. I'll use the BTC to pay for designing/improving the site better with graphics and/or features. If I'm still short on BTC I'll probably end up borrowing the rest.
Thanks.
I'd suggest just increasing your percentage. Most big lotteries take around 50% of the prize money, I know of none that takes less than 20%. I'm quite confident that if you increased the fee to let's say 3%, it would be fine. It would make more sense because 1% is just very little for running something like this.
mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
bought my 2 tickets for the may the 2nd draw, the jackpot is certainly drool worthy.
just curious... say I want to buy 4 more tickets... does it make it diff if i transfer 1btc or 4 x 0.25 ?
No it does not change your chances of winning at all, but it is much easier to just send 1 BTC than 0.25 four times.
Yup. Beat me to it. EVERY ticket has the same odds no matter how it's paid for or when.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
just curious... say I want to buy 4 more tickets... does it make it diff if i transfer 1btc or 4 x 0.25 ?
No it does not change your chances of winning at all, but it is much easier to just send 1 BTC than 0.25 four times.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

Thanks.

Now at 314 BTC for May 2!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
The site I tried to make was:
-green and black themed using green you would see on a dark green poker table
-side borders with 1's and 0's in green with black background for with "BitLotto" over and over in binary
-main header with BitLotto logo in the middle surrounded by bitcoins and mega millions balls
-simplistic content with very little writing
I felt like the person who tried drawing a fantastic scene only to come out with stick figures. LOL.
I really don't know. I built mine myself and learned as I went. To be honest, you've probably got the skills to do it yourself as well. It will take some time to learn how to do it yourself, but I think it's well worth the effort. Forget about coming up with new schemes. Bitlotto is great as is. Now you just need to work on making it more appealing to people who visit your site for the first time. Right now, I'll bet there are a lot of people who don't spend more than two seconds on your site simply because it doesn't look professional enough.

But I really think you could fix that with Drupal or even Wordpress. Drupal is great even for non-blogs, whereas Wordpress is better suited for blogs. But I will say this: your site might not look like a blog, but it kind of is. Every month you get new content in the form of

Drupal would probably be most optimal, but I think it's more difficult to learn than Wordpress. But I could be wrong. I just felt it was more difficult because I learned Wordpress. But seriously, you need a Content Management System like Drupal or Wordpress. No need to make it difficult on yourself by building a whole website from scratch. Those days are over.

I dunno Seth, if you look at my portfolio of Drupal sites you can pretty easily tell which ones had someone else do the design.  Smiley

Shire Silver isn't too bad, and I did that one myself, but I do wish it was better. And I did get graphics help from DoomsDayDevice (AKA Puke).

But yes, you can probably get someone to make you a design and convert it to a Drupal Theme without too much trouble. Do it with the Omega theme and you can make it work nicely on mobile and tablet devices too.

Drupal is definitely more brutal than Wordpress. I really think Bitlotto could be a kickass Wordpress website.
Activity: 382
Merit: 253
I really don't know. I built mine myself and learned as I went. To be honest, you've probably got the skills to do it yourself as well. It will take some time to learn how to do it yourself, but I think it's well worth the effort. Forget about coming up with new schemes. Bitlotto is great as is. Now you just need to work on making it more appealing to people who visit your site for the first time. Right now, I'll bet there are a lot of people who don't spend more than two seconds on your site simply because it doesn't look professional enough.

But I really think you could fix that with Drupal or even Wordpress. Drupal is great even for non-blogs, whereas Wordpress is better suited for blogs. But I will say this: your site might not look like a blog, but it kind of is. Every month you get new content in the form of

Drupal would probably be most optimal, but I think it's more difficult to learn than Wordpress. But I could be wrong. I just felt it was more difficult because I learned Wordpress. But seriously, you need a Content Management System like Drupal or Wordpress. No need to make it difficult on yourself by building a whole website from scratch. Those days are over.

I dunno Seth, if you look at my portfolio of Drupal sites you can pretty easily tell which ones had someone else do the design.  Smiley

Shire Silver isn't too bad, and I did that one myself, but I do wish it was better. And I did get graphics help from DoomsDayDevice (AKA Puke).

But yes, you can probably get someone to make you a design and convert it to a Drupal Theme without too much trouble. Do it with the Omega theme and you can make it work nicely on mobile and tablet devices too.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Poll
Question: What should the official BitLotto ticket pool be called?
 - Whirlpool
 - Puddle
 - Bitpool
 - HotTub
 - LottoRation
 - They all suck

MegaPool?

LiquidySplit?

SafeTPool?

SafeRPool?

ShallowPool?

TheIsland?

ChumpBucket?

Congratulations to "1DW4mt..." for winning April 4 draw of 280.66 BTC!!!

Jackpot size: 280.66 BTC
Lucky Block: 174196 Mega Millions Numbers: 11 35 38 41 52 Mega Ball 40
Mixer Hash: 1e3c407515...
Winner's Hash: 277a5da2a4...
Winner: 1DW4mtFwkLAbfc4ZBvcXypeV6NhfDryrni
Ticket payment date: 2012-03-29 17:19:58
Jackpot payment.

with all of your old lotteries to be viewable as well. You've got tabs on the top, which are really just pages. Take a look at my blog. It's not bland or boring. Granted, it's not the most state of the art, but it looks good. You could do something very easily with Wordpress. The sites are basically built for you and you just change things to your own design.

Perhaps there is a way to get a loan for a project. You're well established in the Bitcoin community. Find a kickass BTC friendly designer, get a quote, show the community, get loans, bada bing!
How much would a good designer charge for a simple website like mine?
Pages:
Jump to: