Pages:
Author

Topic: [BITLOTTO] Mar 1 draw over $2000 or 50BTC! Tickets now 0.1 BTC for Apr 5 - page 23. (Read 55082 times)

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1Cbz6PF7ks85M4zmeWzotX12WUE14JZ29

300 to 500 + BTC Jackpot for May np

Shocked

seriously, translate this site in to Mandarin assp
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
BitLotto is one year old!!! Thank you for all your support and hopefully we can make the next year an even better one!

We finished our year with a record breaking 280 BTC jackpot! With the next one set to be even bigger!!
As you will see someone (Otoh - hopefully you don't mind me mentioning it as you mentioned earlier in this thread you are doing that ) decided to spend 100 BTC on tickets and luckily for us it coincided with our 1 year anniversary.

We have learned lots this year and look forward to being a reliable and trustworthy Bitcoin service. We value your opinion and advice. Our goal is to provide the most cheat proof lottery around with 99% payout! Unheard of anywhere else. We are confident that we now have a system that can grow even bigger without worry about cheating.

THANK YOU!

AND GOOD LUCK for those who have bought tickets.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I have a program to crunch the results.

Here is what it outputs:
http://pastebin.com/Wt1wNVjd

Not the real run obviously but I'll run it and post once the real mixer string is known.

Are you planning on releasing the program for others to use and check the results? (mine works on my own wallet so not really of any use for others)

It is currently a terrible mess and if I were to release it I'm fairly certain that would be considered a war crime.  I can clean it up and throw it in a Github project.  It isn't great because it is just downloading the list of transactions for the address from blockexplorer and parsing them poorly.

Here is what it outputs:

Not the real run obviously but I'll run it and post once the real mixer string is known.

Are you planning on releasing the program for others to use and check the results? (mine works on my own wallet so not really of any use for others)
Though BIP 16 / escrow is technically possible now, the GUI clients aren't offering it yet so this isn't something that would be implemented anytime soon. But I wanted to see if this would be something BitLotto would consider down the road.
Yes. I would really like to do something like that. It will come soon I hope. My main concern is who else to trust. If I can have a group of people that I trust it would be great. My other concern is where those people are located and the likelihood of somehow having funds tied up because of local laws. Or even what if one day enough people scheme to not pay for some reason. It has a lot of things to think about but it is something I want to do!

yes, I was wondering about this too today, if he had any plans to put a dead mans switch in place to pay out funds in the event of him being kidnapped by aliens from the future or something & to also hand on the Bitlotto infrastructure so that it keeps going

I assume that each month's lotto address private key is kept offline like in an Armoury wallet & was also wondering about how to make an annual El Gordo jackpot say with some sponsorship maybe
I do have something set up so that if I die, payment will come through.

As far as security. As the jackpots get bigger and bigger it's becoming more and more of a concern. I am taking many precautions and I'd rather not go through what those are. I think the less people know about my security the better. Everything on my servers though is harmless as I don't keep any wallet or anything on it.

Here is what it outputs:

Cool. Thanks. The more people who check the results the better. I will also release a text file that will contain every tx and well as the calculations. Pastebin would probably be a good idea too.
donator
Now that Bitcoin has P2SH / multisignature capability, one of the last remaining valid criticisms can be addressed.  Right now, those buying tickets are trusting that the operator will truly make the payout.

With M of N signing, the funds from ticket purchases can be swept into an escrow that would require two of three signatures.  So if there were say two additional trusted parties then there is no longer the risk of no payout say should bitlotto's operator become unavailable (as the two trusted parties could make the payout transaction to the winner), for instance.  At the same time the jackpot would more protected as to make any payout would then require signature from at least one of those trusted parties.

Though BIP 16 / escrow is technically possible now, the GUI clients are offering it yet so this isn't something that would be implemented anytime soon. But I wanted to see if this would be something BitLotto would consider down the road.

yes, I was wondering about this too today, if he had any plans to put a dead mans switch in place to pay out funds in the event of him being kidnapped by aliens from the future or something & to also hand on the Bitlotto infrastructure so that it keeps going

I assume that each month's lotto address private key is kept offline like in an Armoury wallet & was also wondering about how to make an annual El Gordo jackpot say with some sponsorship maybe
donator
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Now that Bitcoin has P2SH / multisignature capability, one of the last remaining valid criticisms can be addressed.  Right now, those buying tickets are trusting that the operator will truly make the payout.

With M of N signing, the funds from ticket purchases can be swept into an escrow that would require two of three signatures.  So if there were say two additional trusted parties then there is no longer the risk of no payout say should bitlotto's operator become unavailable (as the two trusted parties could make the payout transaction to the winner), for instance.  At the same time the jackpot would more protected as to make any payout would then require signature from at least one of those trusted parties.

Though BIP 16 / escrow is technically possible now, the GUI clients aren't offering it yet so this isn't something that would be implemented anytime soon. But I wanted to see if this would be something BitLotto would consider down the road.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire

Here is what it outputs:

I'll work on a program for the new rules and I'll try to have it ready by drawing time.

About 22 hrs left to buy a ticket for the April 4 draw!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
From another thread:
In regards to your recent change of rules for Bitlotto.

1) You are absolutely correct in your latest change.  Your new scheme is much more secure.  I don't see any statistical problems with it.

2) It is absolutely possible to select transaction IDs.  You simply use a client like bitcoinJ which allows you to create a bunch of transactions then examine/simulate with them to see which one helps you cover the most lucky number space in conjunction with your other transactions.  Then you commit only those transactions that help you the most.

Now my odds are the same as all the other dumb money chumps.
That was close! We are sure glad we decided to change the method now rather than later!

We have talked to others well versed in crypto and math and our new system is immune from any type of manipulation as mentioned above! The key was to change the tickets in an unpredictable fashion. Hopefully we don't have to change again as we kind of like this new method!

Good luck everyone, this draw is probably going to be over 200 BTC!!!!
We have improved the method for calculating the winner!
http://bitlotto.com/details.html

Yes, hashing each transaction hash with a value that isn't known until after the deadline eliminates the (even microscopic) concern that I had.

So that there is a backup of the change, I'm reposting the content from details here:

Complete Details:

[Update: That page doesn't have the change yet. 
Maybe putting the pages for the site in github or some other version control and then signing each rev of this page would be a better archive?]

Um, the page is update. Try refreshing it. It works on my end.
I like the idea of saving the old changes. I kind of wish I had what I wrote at the very beginning. It would be good for historical reasons.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
We have improved the method for calculating the winner!

Yes, hashing each transaction hash with a value that isn't known until after the deadline eliminates the (even microscopic) concern that I had.

So that there is a backup of the change, I'm reposting the content from details here:

Complete Details:

[Update: That page doesn't have the change yet. 
Maybe putting the pages for the site in github or some other version control and then signing each rev of this page would be a better archive?]

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Number of zeros - kind of ala Bitcoin protocol...
We have improved the method for calculating the winner! This adds even more measures preventing any possible manipulation. And even though it makes it a little more work for me to generate the winner it's worth it. BUT, thankfully, it's actually EASIER for people to compare their tickets to the winner!

What happens now is:
-there is still a hash of 'lucky block' and Mega Millions numbers -> becomes 'mixer hash'
-this 'mixer hash' is added to the end of everyone's ticket (or hash)
-the hash+mixerhash is hashed again
-hashes are sorted 0-9,a-f
-whoever sorts to the beginning wins!

Why it's easier to COMPARE:
-say I say the winner's hash ended up as:
002e0a9d212cbb9c4fc2050a7cc6977e27ee0456a32f9f3ef4b5d8e716733a00
anybody could then hash their own tx themselves (or even a website that does it)
and do sha256(txhash+mixerhash) and see if it has more 0's at the beginning making theirs the winner.

Hopefully everyone is happy with the change. It actually makes it more simple and cleaner of an implementation and is more secure against any manipulation.

Good luck to everyone who entered!!!!!!!!!
Then get tickets with those more rare combinations
Can you really control the hash of a transaction?  How would you go about that?  Sounds pretty hard to me.
It would be hard and highly unlikely so far and the gain would be really small. But I'm more comfortable with impossible! Wink They would have to use diff amounts from diff addresses to create many tx's to see what the hashes are and then broadcast the one that's the best.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Then get tickets with those more rare combinations
Can you really control the hash of a transaction?  How would you go about that?  Sounds pretty hard to me.
Pages:
Jump to: