Pages:
Author

Topic: [BITLOTTO] Mar 1 draw over $2000 or 50BTC! Tickets now 0.1 BTC for Apr 5 - page 25. (Read 55082 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
BitLotto just started an affiliate program for webmasters who want to sell BitLotto tickets.
http://www.bitlotto.com/affiliate.html

Could that URL be aliased?  e.g.,  so that /affiliate  instead of the full /affiliate.php is necessary?
Sure, I'll try to do it later when I'm not on the road. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
BitLotto just started an affiliate program for webmasters who want to sell BitLotto tickets.

Could that URL be aliased?  e.g.,  so that /affiliate  instead of the full /affiliate.html is necessary?
EDIT: but no real advantage over just using the union of all the addresses for the total number of entries and the selection pool
I did consider using other methods like you mentioned. The main advantage of doing it this way is that no bitcoin daemon has to be running! The wallet for all the funds can remain offline until the jackpot has to be paid out. It would really suck to have someone find a bug only to funnel some affiliate's tickets to their account!
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
It could be done this way:

Send all purchase from the affiliates to the main address in "batches" (larger deposits)
This will generate the correct number or entries in the main address and the main address will contain all the BTC for the lottery
The affiliates end up with 0 BTC in their addresses
Run the transaction selection process
If a direct ticket buyer has the best match then they are the winner
If one of the affiliate tickets wins then
  Go into the affilitate address
  Run the same selection algorithm
  Select the winner from the affiliate tickets

EDIT: but no real advantage over just using the union of all the addresses for the total number of entries and the selection pool

This will help BitLotto grow to the next level! It will also help make BitLotto more decentralized in true Bitcoin spirit

But with this tickets are then purchased by payment to a different address.  How can it be known how many tickets are purchased?

Because ALL the addresses used will be published and public. Remember that I will remain control of all the addresses used. (this prevents an affiliate from taking any of the funds) It will be known if I tried removing any of those published addresses. Someone would notice. bitlotto.com/verify.html will list them. So instead of looking at just one address for the BTC to verify you would have to check a few. BitLotto.com will add them automatically and give a total jackpot size.  
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
This will help BitLotto grow to the next level! It will also help make BitLotto more decentralized in true Bitcoin spirit

But with this method tickets are then purchased by payment to a different address.  How can it be known how many tickets are purchased?
I presume he'll publish the entire list of accepting addresses for each lottery.
legendary

But with this method tickets are then purchased by payment to a different address.  How can it be known how many tickets are purchased?

(Note that at first I'll probably only accept a few sites...I'll try to do what I can. Don't
take it as an insult or that I don't like your site if you don't get in! Eventually I'll add more and more)

*I give you an address that you get people to purchase tickets through -helps keep the draw secure as only BitLotto can control the funds -NOT each affiliate
*You then get to keep the 1% of all sales through that address
*Winner and any profits are handled by BitLotto automatically
*THAT'S IT! All you have to do is change the address/date on your website each month
*BitLotto does the rest!

This will help BitLotto grow to the next level! It will also help make BitLotto more decentralized in true Bitcoin spirit and less prone to disruption if our website is down down temporarily as tickets will be advertised at many places. BitLotto will keep the 1% made at BitLotto.com and the affiliates will keep the 1% of whatever they sell.
Neat new service -- for visualizing transactions.

Here's the last BitLotto payout transaction:
 - http://www.btclook.com/#/txn/837fdfbc1e82efec54ae6a48deaeabc2eab52e1bd1339c2f422bd66d53c2373a

That's pretty neat! Makes kind of a cool picture all the tx's to one point then back to one...
legendary
Neat new service -- for visualizing transactions.

Here's the last BitLotto payout transaction:
 - http://www.btclook.com/#/txn/837fdfbc1e82efec54ae6a48deaeabc2eab52e1bd1339c2f422bd66d53c2373a

Anyway, the winner may actually be well aware of having won the prize but just hasn't needed to spend it yet.
For sure. I think some people may even win and decide to not open the wallet so they don't risk losing it. Only to open it many many years in the future.
legendary
another tweak that you could make (maybe for when it's a jackpot of over 100 coins) would be that peeps have to claim their win by sending in a token small amount after the draw to show that the address is still active & hasn't been lost,

That would really be confusing for most.  Additionally the bitcoin.org client doesn't support choosing which inputs to use for a transaction so that solution isn't really even workable at this stage.

Anyway, the winner may actually be well aware of having won the prize but just hasn't needed to spend it yet.
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
I notice the winner of the last draw (March 7th's) hasn't gone public nor has spent the funds (102.5275001 BTC) yet:
 - https://blockexplorer.com/address/1Nb2W2F56kuZeKAAhyEAbTomfn3RPt4t2D

Either someone with a fantastic self-restraint or possibly someone who hasn't noticed a bulge in their Bitcoin wallet?

I noticed too! I kind of dread the thought of one day someone winning never to check their wallet again. I guess that happens with other lotteries too. Someone wins but never realizes and throws out the ticket.

try sending them 0.10770 BTC maybe  Wink  though if they're not checking their wallet or have lost it it won't help jog their memory, blockchain.info wallets notify one of payments received I think
donator
or they made a mistake & sent the bet in from somewhere like Gox where the sending address that Gox uses are not the same as account deposit ones

another tweak that you could make (maybe for when it's a jackpot of over 100 coins) would be that peeps have to claim their win by sending in a token small amount after the draw to show that the address is still active & hasn't been lost, you could also send out daily small token amounts to help notify them, then if after 1 month or something of the prize not being claimed it's just rolled over to the next month for a bigger prize or 1st & 2nd say, or went in to a pool for a once a year fat one - none of this would help though in the case of using Gox etc to bet where if/when you realised you'd have to contact Gox & try to claim the payment in to one of their sending addresses that was on your history
I notice the winner of the last draw (March 7th's) hasn't gone public nor has spent the funds (102.5275001 BTC) yet:

Either someone with a fantastic self-restraint or possibly someone who hasn't noticed a bulge in their Bitcoin wallet?

I noticed too! I kind of dread the thought of one day someone winning never to check their wallet again. I guess that happens with other lotteries too. Someone wins but never realizes and throws out the ticket.
legendary

donator
that's great news, as we're already well in to April's draw, I pledge placing a 100 BTC bet in the first few days of the May draw ~ with a 99% return to players that has got to be worth at least 0.25 BTC of anyone's money for a shot at the pot, which should be easily worth a BTL's Bitforce Single or 3 by the end of the draw  Wink

same conditions as original pledge, price over $5 etc
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Problem solved!  So I can't wait to win this next one (I have obviously been saving my luck for it) - it is going to be big!

better & better, here's a fat second pledge, the first month that you get this up & running I will bet 100 BTC* in a lump sum in the first few days of it being open & like the BFL Bitforce Single raffle the sweeter the honey pot, then the more will come swarming in to pollinate it...

edit, I'd then expect, just guessing, at least 500 BTC to be wagered that kick start/kick off month because 100 coins is certainly worth a punt at on 99% payback to players, but the sky's the limit  Grin

if I happened to win then I pledge do the same for the next month & continue until losing  Wink

Otoh ~ helping to make it happen  Tongue

*edit 16 March: on condition the Bitcoin price is still > $5 otherwise I'll (most likely) wait until it is so in the first week of a subsequent Bitlotto before betting
Even without a script I decided I'm going to change how BitLotto operates. I'd still LOVE a script as it will make checking my results easier!

Here's how it will happen:
-say someone pays 0.75 to the BitLotto address
-the tx hash is the first ticket
-the tx hash is then hashed two more times adding a "1" and "2" at the end of the tx hash and hashed

eg. the 0.75 tx hash is: 5ac5c9006b508aaff749aa83849b433a97276a89c18e6c932962fe113aea0b5e
the next two tickets are:

sha256(5ac5c9006b508aaff749aa83849b433a97276a89c18e6c932962fe113aea0b5e1)
=cfc92b48d279d7fc8e92f0bd22f865d0ccc30b059e18ec7f477bea22f73c2c06

sha256(5ac5c9006b508aaff749aa83849b433a97276a89c18e6c932962fe113aea0b5e2)
=cc5e616f0ad6854b84e3980020926bc7418323fb8f2a6175d5d88f355bc91568

This will allow people to play without worrying about sending a bunch of 0.25 payments. Just pay the total for whatever amount you want.

Even though the results will be harder to check it is still possible. I'll post all the hashes in a text file or something and hopefully a script is done sometime soon. I'll also try to update the site soon reflecting this change.

If anyone wants to pay amounts other amounts than 0.25 before the site is updated then feel free to do so.
donator
One way would be to get a wallet to add this feature.  Ask StrongCoin, BlockChain.info, Armory, etc. and see who adds it first.  Simple to add to a wallet and then it would be safe.  Just a way to say do this same transaction N times.

before I post on Armory's thread to offer the 5 BTC bounty to any wallet service that implements this first (if it's before someone comes up with a script to do it on Bitlotto's end), I just want to check that it would work, when I send coins from my blockchain.info wallet after 2 or 3 tx from the same address that address is temporarily drained of coins due to Bitcoin's weird feature of grabbing a bunch to send back to itself with every tx, wouldn't the same problem affect any other wallet service or is there a way around this, maybe it would have to be: for this same tx to be repeated n times, it first sends x amount needed (in case 0.2505 BTC) to n different new addresses & then on from those n new addresses to the current month's Bitlotto address (each time adding the 0.0005 BTC fee) & keeps those n new addresses in an address book folder or something in case one of them wins & is sent the prize - or is there an easier way to do this for a wallet service?

edit: posted the request on Armory's thread for feedback from there anyway, feedback on how this would work here also appreciated
Pages:
Jump to: