Pages:
Author

Topic: [BITLOTTO] Mar 1 draw over $2000 or 50BTC! Tickets now 0.1 BTC for Apr 5 - page 18. (Read 55082 times)

Activity: 614
Merit: 500
Or GLBSTE or whatever it's called. Go public with Bitlotto. That would be badass!
like building a kickass website!
I've tried. I SUCK AT DESIGN. I spent a whole week trying to re-design it and it was horrifying! I threw it away in disgust. I'm just not the artistic type I guess. I'd pay for someone to design my logo/header and layout/design but alas I'm one of the BTC poor!

Ugg! That sucks! You've got the great idea and setup. Lacking both money and design skills is brutal for the emerging bitcoin economy.

Perhaps there is a way to get a loan for a project. You're well established in the Bitcoin community. Find a kickass BTC friendly designer, get a quote, show the community, get loans, bada bing!
Activity: 672
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
like building a kickass website!
I've tried. I SUCK AT DESIGN. I spent a whole week trying to re-design it and it was horrifying! I threw it away in disgust. I'm just not the artistic type I guess. I'd pay for someone to design my logo/header and layout/design but alas I'm one of the BTC poor!
We'll wait a little bit longer before we explore other lotteries. We don't want to hurt BitLotto while it is young. After consultation with others, it's probably better for BitLotto to be a little bit bigger first.

Glad to hear it! You've got a good thing going. Let it blossom before you move onto other ventures. Besides, there's still work to be done in perfecting the current lotto, like building a kickass website!
We'll wait a little bit longer before we explore other lotteries. We don't want to hurt BitLotto while it is young. After consultation with others, it's probably better for BitLotto to be a little bit bigger first.
But if you are going to use BitLotto's brand know that you would be de-simplifying the easiest (and largest) blockchain-based wagering out there.
That was a worry too. Part of us thinks to just stick to what is working and keep doing just that!
MegaMillions is simple to explain:  Go to 7-eleven.  Ask for quick picks and give X dollars ($2 or multiples of $2) to the cashier.  Wait until Tuesday or Friday of each week.   Either your pick(s) win the big jackpot or they don't.

BitLotto is (currently) simple to explain.  Send N bitcoins (0.25 BTC or multiples of 0.25 BTC) to Y address (using only the Bitcoin client or limited list of E-Wallets like Blockchain.info/wallet).   Wait until the first Friday of each month.  Either your payment you've sent won the big jackpot or it didn't.

Simple.

We are planning on finding the winner based off of 2 matching hash digits- just like BitLotto raffle but at the end we look at the beginning digits of the hash) We would like to set up a game where if no one wins, extra funds roll over to the next draw.

So would this be under the BitLotto brand?  Perhaps like you would be resuming a form of the BitLotto Jr. weekly draw?

But if you are going to use BitLotto's brand know that you would be de-simplifying the easiest (and largest) blockchain-based wagering out there.
The BitLotto Raffle won't go anywhere for sure. I'll always run it. It's pretty much perfect and 99% is pretty sweet.

The new game will have a different name. Not sure what to call it though. It will be simple too. Sent x amount to 1bitcoinaddress. If you win, it will show up a week later.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
MegaMillions is simple to explain:  Go to 7-eleven.  Ask for quick picks and give X dollars ($2 or multiples of $2) to the cashier.  Wait until Tuesday or Friday of each week.   Either your pick(s) win the big jackpot (or smaller prize) or they don't.

BitLotto is (currently) simple to explain.  Send N bitcoins (0.25 BTC or multiples of 0.25 BTC) to Y address (using only the Bitcoin client or limited list of E-Wallets like Blockchain.info/wallet).   Wait until the first Friday of each month.  Either your payment you've sent won the big jackpot or it didn't.

Simple.

We are planning on finding the winner based off of 2 matching hash digits- just like BitLotto raffle but at the end we look at the beginning digits of the hash) We would like to set up a game where if no one wins, extra funds roll over to the next draw.

So would this be under the BitLotto brand?  Perhaps like you would be resuming a form of the BitLotto Jr. weekly draw?

We are seeking private investors:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitlotto-is-seeking-multiple-private-investors-closed-78170

We want to start a more traditional lottery as well. We just want to see what kind would you like to see?

We are hoping to set it up so that there is a 1/256 chance of winning the jackpot. (We are planning on finding the winner based off of 2 matching hash digits- just like BitLotto raffle but at the end we look at the beginning digits of the hash) We would like to set up a game where if no one wins, extra funds roll over to the next draw. We aim to keep are profit margins VERY LOW. Our goal is 4% to investors and 1% to BitLotto. We want something that everyone would like so we thought the best way would to be to let you guys help pick what it looks like!!

-Edit after consultation with others we've decided to wait a little bit longer. We don't want to hurt BitLotto raffle. It's our little baby! Wink
WOO! it's over 300! And im the first person to say so!
can i have a cookie?..or a free ticket?...

I wonder who the man is that put the 15 coins in, Pushing it over

The 15 coins came from a lotto pool (I was 5 of those). Smiley
Is there a website for it? Just curious.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire

The 15 coins came from a lotto pool (I was 5 of those). Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey

Now officially the biggest BitLotto draw ever!!
Over 284 BTC! I'm sure we'll hit 300 BTC!!
legendary
Activity: 1449
Concerning the poll- I think it's a very good idea to have 2nd & 3rd prizes
I voted 80% to 1st but any kind of extra prizes will be a nice change.
I posted a request to see if anyone wants to make a lottery ticket design for my site:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtb-lottery-ticket-design-for-my-site-3-btc-77998
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
yep, agree & atm it's too low amounts to be an issue, I use blockchain.info wallet so it's easy for me to save each months lotto sent from/to address/es but I can see now that in other wallet systems that may be too complicated for newbie users, if sent from a Gox address then I'm sure it could be retrieved as you say, if a lost wallet dat then it's lost - no question about it - it gets rolled over or something but never sent to an address that didn't make the bet
Are you considering adding pool teams?

That would work if you had a kind of setup similar to how you have affiliates now, just call them pool teams.  So I wager on one of the pool teams addresses.  If there is any ticket from the pool that is a winner, then everyone in the pool gets paid proportionate to the amount wagered.
I have considered it and may actually do it soon.

My only concern is that when the pool wins in will be a huge pain to pay everyone.
But I guess if someone made a script that does all the calculations I just have to sit there and go through the list and pay everyone. I imagine there could be A LOT of tiny payments so it would take a while to pay everyone.

Would it be hard to create a script that you input a jackpot price, total pool size, address for pool your are looking at, and use data similar to:
Code:
==WalletTransaction== b46482a6f375297e0c2dc74603fb0d455912a6748ca65efd8130a96211e9f36a
block: 0000000000000330b934c7b123121e9b6062bf647b546cb35e7ca44ba334084c 7 hashes in merkle branch
2 tx in, 2 out
TxIn: prev(68af0855e47753fccab8237f8a42b4e82bbf0fee0357f15e684c4f00b428acab:134) pubkey: 14Xjd8DQ2TUh1xWMtkFWUGjJHKnhL6bPk7 sig: 71:3044...a301 65:0458...165b
TxIn: prev(1ffeb7bb8a8f1f1527f1e621e9a611b6b15d5d7940c9e1872e80c7bd5a5f5948:0) pubkey: 19Dnwjxgg8ZQZF6JwzGZ1hEw6GXBBsrjXS sig: 71:3044...fa01 65:04d7...d7a1
TxOut: value: 0.012653 pubkey: 1MdJErFwEMz1dcVCD5DSFLfuvJC3kjGDhh Script: DUP HASH160 20:e23f...2fa0 EQUALVERIFY CHECKSIG Own: False
TxOut: value: 0.250000 pubkey: 14avxyPW5PgA68kGkDkY1mCGPP8zqkywEx Script: DUP HASH160 20:2753...6bf6 EQUALVERIFY CHECKSIG Own: True
0 vtxPrev txns
mapValue:{'spent': '', 'fromaccount': ''}
timeReceived:Tue Apr  3 19:42:47 2012 fromMe:False spent:False
==WalletTransaction== bf9f0c11fc2f1ff82fa5f4b4769169c619b237dd62e93fbcdf2e091abc1d29ec
block: 0000000000000713d2b400a7435a8a6e946bad44e966ea725bc64ef8c95fbb63 7 hashes in merkle branch
1 tx in, 2 out
TxIn: prev(2dc03e0eb9c764765faebd6d963258902e56400986cd2ba6ecd50061539d0a44:9) pubkey: 1Ez4a2mxKi97eXdnTV1Y4fb8NBZ6BDutGd sig: 71:3044...ae01 65:0452...b7ed
TxOut: value: 0.016960 pubkey: 1M6j77PpTsKwLmJN7sXPFqsYHf5SWdcuMc Script: DUP HASH160 20:dc77...fc57 EQUALVERIFY CHECKSIG Own: False
TxOut: value: 0.250000 pubkey: 14avxyPW5PgA68kGkDkY1mCGPP8zqkywEx Script: DUP HASH160 20:2753...6bf6 EQUALVERIFY CHECKSIG Own: True
0 vtxPrev txns
mapValue:{'spent': '', 'fromaccount': ''}
timeReceived:Tue Apr  3 19:42:47 2012 fromMe:False spent:False
it will then calculate all %'s for the tx's and sent the payment amounts to bitcoind along with matching address from the tx?
I've mentioned before that in the event of a winner getting say over 1,000 BTC then you could wait until they send you a token any amount from their same betting/receiving address to that month's address (or next month's) so that we all know it's still active & in the very unlikely event of them not doing so maybe send them 0.1010101 coins/day (or 0.10770) for a few weeks to try & get their attention & if still no claim is made after 6 months then the prize is forfeit & gets added to the following lotto or something - but if you think it's over complicated np, one day though that prize will be sent to a black hole or random Gox sending address, wiped wallet dat,  etc
Ya it's possible. I kind of compare it to someone losing a lottery ticket. The problem with your method is that it adds complication to the process. Many users probably have no idea how to send BTC again using the EXACT address they used before. It's not something that's easy to control or even know. They need to be familiar with the workings of Bitcoin.

There is no way to even know if it happened. Perhaps funds that just sit there are for saving. But such is the nature of Bitcoin. People are going to lose BTC. It will just make the rest of the people richer. I do mention on my site to back up your wallet. If it's sent to Gox though, I'm sure they'd figure something out.

But imagine if someone claimed they lost their wallet and they are the winner! Perhaps the real winner barely understands Bitcoin and doesn't even know they won? I HAVE TO pay that address no matter what. It wouldn't be me who lost the BTC but the person who misplaced the wallet. The process is set in motion even before the funds are set. It sucks but it's the only way to guarantee no cheating. If I paid to an alternate address it could be conceived to be fraudulent. I do warn users to back up there wallet and use only approved software. Hopefully it doesn't happen one day. I guess we will see!!!

If I ever think of a way to prevent your scenario I'll definitely do it though!!! The only way so far I know of is for people to back up their wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
I voted for 90% with 91%.
I was Going to vote for 95% but.

I look at it in two ways, There are people who are playing the odds, And aiming for that big jackpot, So they could feel Robbed of 9% of Thier money that they Won.
And in the other idea of, "C'mon let the little guys eat some little fish!"

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
I've voted for the 99% winner takes all, but would vote for the 80:10:9*1% split if/when the total pot reached over $10,000

I've mentioned before that in the event of a winner getting say over 1,000 BTC then you could wait until they send you a token any amount from their same betting/receiving address to that month's address (or next month's) so that we all know it's still active & in the very unlikely event of them not doing so maybe send them 0.1010101 coins/day (or 0.10770) for a few weeks to try & get their attention & if still no claim is made after 6 months then the prize is forfeit & gets added to the following lotto or something - but if you think it's over complicated np, one day though that prize will be sent to a black hole or random Gox sending address, wiped wallet dat,  etc
Pages:
Jump to: