Pages:
Author

Topic: [BITLOTTO] Mar 1 draw over $2000 or 50BTC! Tickets now 0.1 BTC for Apr 5 - page 26. (Read 55082 times)

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
better & better, here's a fat second pledge, the first month that you get this up & running I will bet 100 BTC* in a lump sum in the first few days of it being open & like the BFL Bitforce Single raffle the sweeter the honey pot, then the more will come swarming in to pollinate it...

edit, I'd then expect, just guessing, at least 500 BTC to be wagered that kick start/kick off month because 100 coins is certainly worth a punt at on 99% payback to players, but the sky's the limit  Grin

if I happened to win then I pledge do the same for the next month & continue until losing  Wink

Otoh ~ helping to make it happen  Tongue

*edit 16 March: on condition the Bitcoin price is still > $5 otherwise I'll (most likely) wait until it is so in the first week of a subsequent Bitlotto before betting
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
One way would be to get a wallet to add this feature.  Ask StrongCoin, BlockChain.info, Armory, etc. and see who adds it first.  Simple to add to a wallet and then it would be safe.  Just a way to say do this same transaction N times.
I'll try convincing them. If more people write too it will help increase the odds that such a feature will be added.
I'll commit to a 5 BTC donation on completion of this for starters to see it happen...

OK, I figured out how I'd handle bigger payments. It just came to me. For it to work I'd need a script so others can check results without TOO much difficulty. Right now people can look up the hashes from one page and search themselves for the winner.

The script (probably python as there is code out there to read the blockchain) would:
-ask for the first 10 digits of the BitLotto address
-read the local copy of the blockchain and find all tx's that are 0.25 or more for that address
-if a tx is over 0.25 then determine how many full multiples of 0.25 it is (0.30 for example is still only one ticket)
-each multiple will be a hash (sha256) of the (tx hashN) where N is a number for each multiple over 0.25
-mark each "new" hash with a "*" before the hash so people can figure out what hash it originally came from
-if people make multiple 0.25 payments all in one tx it will also create new hashes for that tx
-output all the hashes to a text file

eg.

720b8516a2...
b46482a6f3...
*92dc6e8d2...(b46 paid 0.50)
ac2efc51e2...

If such a script exists then I can easily accept ANY amount. And the person would only have to send ONE payment! The script is mostly just so others can verify results and keeps it transparent.

I don't have much BTC but I'll chip in 2BTC so a total of 7 BTC for a script....

Anyone interested?
donator
One way would be to get a wallet to add this feature.  Ask StrongCoin, BlockChain.info, Armory, etc. and see who adds it first.  Simple to add to a wallet and then it would be safe.  Just a way to say do this same transaction N times.

perfect! can't wait  Smiley  & has loads of other potential applications where you regularly wish to repeat the same tx, either at same time, regularly, or just later
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
donator
cool, no that's not me (looks like it's a dumb Mod, see address  Wink, I'm newb -1 lvl, I learnt how not to fail at that last month, loads of peeps like me will take for ever if ever to run a wallet on their computers because it's just too much time you have to invest in trying to understand & secure it, my bank is Gox, my wallet is blockchain.info atm for under 50 BTC, soonish I hope to move my main holdings to Armory wallet but that I know will be a while as it needs debugging, I will have to get familiar with it, would like a dedicated offline comp for it with windows & stuff, so takes time

the way I'm suggesting works just like you already have set up, but you just take the funds sent in a lump sum to designated fat addresses 'the gordos' & either manually or with a bot somehow resend them in an open/trackable manner to whichever month's lotto is current in 0.25 slices - it will be big, I promise you & like the Gox, the first one in gets to win

well finally my 11 BTC + bets are in, but way too much work, time, effort - I won't bother to go through this every month...
Ya, I'll be looking into something. I do agree that for people who want to bet a lot it is a pain! Using Bitcoin on your computer is a bit easier though. I will look into a solution that hopefully works. Your not 1B8mGvModZcEpNSEesF7vdvmrgstXn5mjL are you? They did multiple 0.25 all in one tx.

Thank you for the feedback and the pledge for a script... I just have to think about how I want to do it. I'm really paranoid about having a wallet exposed to the internet with lottery funds. I may just have to do it manually myself...
donator
well finally my 11 BTC + bets are in, but way too much work, time, effort - I won't bother to go through this every month even I've got it somewhat more streamlined now, seriously 99% payback is big, it will ataract a ton of punters - but not one if they can't just make their bet in one single tx, be it 10, 100, 1,000 BTC & yes - it will happen, but no way as it's set up atm

offer a bounty, or collect a fund or something to get that in place, there isn't an anonymous 99% payout return lotto in the world atm - not even close, this could be/should be big - I'll commit to a 5 BTC donation on completion of this for starters to see it happen & once you've got that up then translate a web page for it to Punjabi & Mandarin, Cantonese, Zhoutongise etc then we can look forward to exponential BTC adaption growth just on the back of demand for this serive & 5 figure jackpots in the very near future (at 1% you could also prob give up ur day job) & get a move on before ZT or someone clicks to how hot an earner this could be
donator
many thanks! I'll try this & let the thread know how I get on, first must sleep

edit: thanks again, I used your first method & sent 2.505 to each so that I can use each newly created address 10 times for bet payments before needing to top them up, but this is still a fair amount of work to place $1.35 bets, I hope that Bitlotto take up my suggestions on how to make a big bets individual address for each person who wants it & that then it does the donkey work for them, then one could send 10 coins to it & it would resend them on as 40 entries, much easier & this will generate much more punters I'm sure
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
is there any way to avoid this or a work around so that it doesn't take forever just to place 10 BTC worth of bets?

If you were running a local wallet then that could be scripted.  But for using My Wallet from http://BlockChain.info/wallet you are stuck when you don't have remaining inputs of at least 0.25 BTC.   Here's a suggestion though.  Create a handful of addresses (e.g., 10) and fund them each with 0.25 BTC (or .2505 if you plan to pay a trx fee also.)

You could use an online ewallet such as that provided with a Mt. Gox account to let you withdraw 0.25 BTC to each of those My Wallet addresses.

One way to do that might be to use BTCRelay.   For example, if you created a Paylist of ten addresses from your My Wallet, and then send to the BTC Relay Deposit address 2.5100 BTC  (0.25 BTC + 0.0005 trx fee plus 0.0005 for the BTC Relay fee = 0.251 then X 10).  After that confirms it will then send out the relayed payments.  After about an hour and a half you will have 0.2505 in each of ten addresses in My Wallet -- that amount being the perfect size for buying BitLotto tickets.
donator
can any one help please, I am now sending my bets in @ BTC 0.25 a time (for 10 BTC that's like 40 tx which is rather a pain but still), I'm using blockchain.info wallet & every time I tx it takes some random amount from my wallet balance & sends it out/back to me so that I very quickly (after 2 or 3 tx) have no confirmed balance & have to wait a while before the blockchain frees up my coins again before I can send some more, this is taking hours! I'm new to using wallets & have heard that is is one of the weird thing Bitcoin does, is there any way to avoid this or a work around so that it doesn't take forever just to place 10 BTC worth of bets? Many thanks.
I like some of your short cuts!!!

Well, be careful when taking shortcuts though.  For instance, using BlockExplorer.com's HTML to get the list of tickets.  There is no guarantee that BlockExplorer is truly representing the blockchain.  The operator of it is trustworthy but what if the site is compromised somehow -- an attacker could manipulate the response page(s) to cause the wrong ticket to appear as the winner.  At some point, BitLottto's jackpot becomes tempting for a hacker.

Another thing I try to do is get the data before the mega millions draw. That way it's impossible for the hacker to know what to manipulate. It's not until after the mega millions draw would the hacker know what to alter the website to.

Well, be careful when taking shortcuts though.  For instance, using BlockExplorer.com's HTML to get the list of tickets.  There is no guarantee that BlockExplorer is truly representing the blockchain.  The operator of it is trustworthy but what if the site is compromised somehow -- an attacker could manipulate the response page(s) to cause the wrong ticket to appear as the winner.  At some point, BitLottto's jackpot becomes tempting for a hacker.

Yes, I TOTALLY agree. If the jackpot gets big enough using any single site is a risk. I try checking with multiple sites.

What I'd REALLY like is a script that you:
-input first 8 digits or so of BitLotto address
-input draw date
-input ticket price
-input mega millions numbers (no single digits so 2 is 02 for example)

The script then scans a local copy of the blockchain finds all tx that meet the price or above/date deadline, lists them, then finds the winner all automatically.

I know there are python scripts that can read the blockchain that are open source I just don't have the experience to do it. I was going to have someone make one for me but I don't really have money. I figured one day when my life settles down a bit I'll learn python and try doing it myself...unless someone beats me to it.
legendary

Results posted on bitlotto.com:

and "Tom" it is-

Jackpot size: 102.46 BTC
Lucky Block: 169953 Mega Millions Numbers: 20 24 31 33 36 Mega Ball 44
Winning Picks: ee4cea6ea1
Winner's Hash: e1401f846cff82658f354fbed814ee414deb2fed461eed8c0e4dd3d8fa49d841
Winner: 1Nb2W2F56kuZeKAAhyEAbTomfn3RPt4t2D
CLOSE! You used the wrong lottery numbers. 20-24-31-33-36 Mega Ball 44 (From draw on 6th or just after 00 UTC on the 7th)

Doh!  The PowerBall draw is not the same as Mega Ball draw.  Wow -- shows you how much interest I have in the State-run lottery.

Oh, since the 6's make a tie, when you look at the 0's you are only using the hashes that tied with a 6.

Isn't that correct?  
Yup. Sorry, I incorrectly read what you wrote. I thought you were looking at the whole group of tied entries when looking at the second pick.

Thank you so much for checking the results and posting it here. I like some of your short cuts!!!
It also helps demonstrate that the winner is beyond my control and something that is just calculated! THANK YOU!
donator
"There is one one input to that, so that is where the jackpot will be sent:
 1Nb2W2F56kuZeKAAhyEAbTomfn3RPt4t2D"

lucky Tom looks like they bought just the 1 ticket at 0.25 BTC for a jackpot win > 100 BTC = WTG!

I'm happy to have contributed to hopefully making your day more awesome, though it would have been more so if I had learnt how to manage my wallets correctly & not had so many bets returned, next month they'll all be wagered again tho' & you could afford to splash out on say 4 bets or something this time maybe Wink
legendary
CLOSE! You used the wrong lottery numbers. 20-24-31-33-36 Mega Ball 44 (From draw on 6th or just after 00 UTC on the 7th)

Doh!  The PowerBall draw is not the same as Mega Ball draw.  Wow -- shows you how much interest I have in the State-run lottery.

Oh, since the 6's make a tie, when you look at the 0's you are only using the hashes that tied with a 6.

Isn't that correct?  The details from the site reads:

If multiple transaction hashes tie for how many picks match, a tie breaker is done. From the tied group, whoever has the most occurrences of the first pick in their entire hash is the winner. When using the first pick as a tie breaker it's possible for each potential winner to have the same count. If that is the case the next pick is looked at to see if a tie can be broken between those who tied with the most matching picks from the previous pick. It continues until all picks are used.
- http://bitlotto.com/details.html

So in that example above [with the wrong Mega Million picks], there were multiple hashes that tied on the first pick (6), but to settle that tie, the next pick was used (0) and there were no further ties.  Is that the correct methodology?

----------------------------

So, to do that winner selection over, using the correct Mega Millions lottery picks this time.

Determine the lucky block (first block after the deadline): 169953
 - https://blockexplorer.com/b/169953

Hash from that block:
 00000000000005300076544c21d2f352480c1efb4c1cec75125223f66a7015be

Add to that hash the Mega Millions picks:
20 24 31 33 36 Mega Ball 44
 - http://www.powerball.com/megamillions/mm_numbers.asp

Append the picks to the block hash and you get:
 00000000000005300076544c21d2f352480c1efb4c1cec75125223f66a7015be202431333644

Get the sha256()
 ee4cea6ea146419c874279bce52be30159b11709915d19efecd94a9a1a3f4222
 - http://www.xorbin.com/tools/sha256-hash-calculator

The Winning Picks are the first ten from that hash:
 ee4cea6ea1

Create the work file.  The address for the March draw was: 1CdGqgJegokVaW5tPgC2vy3dZciggARdmh
 $ GET http://blockexplorer.com/address/1CdGqgJegokVaW5tPgC2vy3dZciggARdmh|grep "/tx/"|cut -d " " -f 3|cut -b 11-74 > workfile
 (This grabs the HTML source for all the tickets for the monthly draw address, then cuts away everything but the transaction hashes.)

Remove from workfile any transaction hashes that were disqualified (e.g., entered late, amount was not large enough, etc.)

Determine the longest of the picks where there is at least one match:
 $ grep e workfile|wc -l
 $ grep ee workfile||wc -l
 $ grep ee4 workfile|wc -l
 $ grep ee4c workfile|wc -l

There were no transactoin hashes that had ee4c, so the winning pick is one of the ones with ee4.
 $ grep ee4 workfile|awk 'BEGIN {FS = "e"};{print $0 " " NF-1}'|awk 'BEGIN {FS = "e"};{print $0 " " NF-1}'|awk 'BEGIN {FS = "4"};{print $0 " " NF-1}'|sort -rk2

This results in:

e1401f846cff82658f354fbed814ee414deb2fed461eed8c0e4dd3d8fa49d841 9 9 10
4e1c5454c7f13b66b39f162ec22fdd3d949d5f406e80ee4f6b07ea055906f821 6 6 6
e15ddfbf7a0ab05840f630427c1d18b6d680cfc443defd3c86ecbf87eee49a91 6 6 5
6e0c6874fc4ba9c55fbc269829e6868f058f6249a5249b8ed8ee490b8407699f 5 5 6
5677bf49d4595ca999dd2322732e64530d29b8b2eb76ef14f877520ee45f8dac 5 5 5
70141509656d93ee42651929c29fb9e65318474e02a01fc99cb6783262ffc2a3 4 4 6
f88e31a5e1f57330f384381926c5294553a31b90850925bc6ba6ff83951aee43 4 4 5

There was just one hash that had the most "e"s in it (9) -- so there were no ties.

If there had been, that tie would be broken by performing the same test for the next pick.  Since in this months lotto, the second pick was the same as the first so we would still have a tie so would then move onto the next pick -- in this case, "4".  If that pick too had resulted in a tie then the test would be done using next pick after that, in this case the "c", and so on until either there are no ties or until all ten picks have been used in the tests.  

So at this point, the one entry becomes the winner:
 e1401f846cff82658f354fbed814ee414deb2fed461eed8c0e4dd3d8fa49d841

That is the winning transaction. Looking at that transaction:
  2012-03-06 07:19:02
 - http://blockexplorer.com/tx/e1401f846cff82658f354fbed814ee414deb2fed461eed8c0e4dd3d8fa49d841

There is one one input to that, so that is where the jackpot will be sent:
 1Nb2W2F56kuZeKAAhyEAbTomfn3RPt4t2D

This [unofficial] result jives with the unofficial result posted by bitlotto earlier.
Otoh: When you re-sent for more tickets you still managed to have them all sent at once as one tx. They are separated into 0.25 amounts but they came in all at once with the same tx hash. I'll refund the extra since having multiple tickets with the same hash is pointless. It happened a couple times on this draw....

How did you do that? I just want to make sure it doesn't happen to others to!

eg. https://blockexplorer.com/tx/5955a97fcbdf933a786dc8ef74281cfd7586699c0ebc0872078e7b859f019467

ah sorry, I used https://blockchain.info/wallet & I may have sent the first 1 or 2 bets singly then I noticed that there was a + button which opens up extra tx to send & copied the details in that multiple times then pressed send as I assumed that they were all separate tx-es, but maybe the wallet seeing that they were all going to the same address then bundled them up - I'm a newb at wallets as you can see - I'll look in to it some more & experiment, I think that I prob did the same for 4 more bets that I made for a friend right after mine, many thanks for going to be returning my mistakes & I will bet them on April's Bitlotto next week - many thanks too for running this service with such fab odds  Smiley
Thanks. Ya, it's probably just allowing you to make multiple outputs as one tx. I'll add a note to my website so others don't do that with blockchain.info/wallet.
donator
Otoh: When you re-sent for more tickets you still managed to have them all sent at once as one tx. They are separated into 0.25 amounts but they came in all at once with the same tx hash. I'll refund the extra since having multiple tickets with the same hash is pointless. It happened a couple times on this draw....

How did you do that? I just want to make sure it doesn't happen to others to!

eg. https://blockexplorer.com/tx/5955a97fcbdf933a786dc8ef74281cfd7586699c0ebc0872078e7b859f019467

ah sorry, I used https://blockchain.info/wallet & I may have sent the first 1 or 2 bets singly then I noticed that there was a + button which opens up extra tx to send & copied the details in that multiple times then pressed send as I assumed that they were all separate tx-es, but maybe the wallet seeing that they were all going to the same address then bundled them up - I'm a newb at wallets as you can see - I'll look in to it some more & experiment, I think that I prob did the same for 4 more bets that I made for a friend right after mine, many thanks for going to be returning my mistakes & I will bet them on April's Bitlotto next week - many thanks too for running this service with such fab odds  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: