Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Announces the Antminer R4 and APW5 Power Supply, Designed for Silence - page 46. (Read 84827 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'
Do you think you could run one board to set it up and lower the freq and then restart it and run both boards at the lowered freq (I've only got an 850w psu)?

Sure why not

Just attach the controller and only one board.  Set freq at 500 vs 550  and boom you are off.

If I get one I plan to run it at 700 or 750 gh

just remember you need 7 pcie cables.

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy
Do you think you could run one board to set it up and lower the freq and then restart it and run both boards at the lowered freq (I've only got an 850w psu)?

I am thinking of doing the same thing.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Looks like a DPS800, which is rated for 800W at 120V. That's output power, so if Bitmain's estimate of 850W wall is accurate it should be fine.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
It looks like it accepts 7 6-pin power connections is that correct?  Two hashing boards with 3 each and another 6-pin connector for the main board?  My question is this...

I have a bunch of 1000W 120v kits from S7's  (such as: http://deepinthemines.com/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=139)   Could I use these to power the R4?

Thanks!
legendary
And if it's pulling about the same power per board as the stock S9 boards (which it probably will given the same chip count and hashrate and efficiency and whatnot) but they like claiming warranty void if you only use 2 jacks on the S9 (pretty sure they did for S7, is that spec on S9 also?) then I would expect 3 jacks per hashboard as well. I mean, it'd be consistent anyway.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
If there are 2 PCIe power connectors per board and there appears to be 2 boards, then you can power 2 of these with one of their new power supplies on 220v.  But if there are 3 connectors per board, then it might be a problem.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
well. one interesting miner in a lot of time for the end user..i also really like it, but let's wait for the prices in order for us to calculate a roi
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
So is the PSU included?

Power supply is extra. Best estimates are $1000 for the miner and $300 for PSU (may change.)
Kudos to you bringing the news up first!

Shame to these bastards putting negative trust on you....

The time is right to give Bitmain real Trust Rating.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bitmain-156878

My negative rating stay, until Bitmain  does not delete negative trust against BitcoinNewsMagazine .

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
So is the PSU included?

Power supply is extra. Best estimates are $1000 for the miner and $300 for PSU (may change.)
Kudos to you bringing the news up first!

Shame to these bastards putting negative trust on you....
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
my guess 1.7btc for the r4.

but I doubt the pricing is gonna be "competitive"

sad but true.

GL to B1 buyers.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
So is the PSU included?

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Well If I want to heat up a room it's nice but I'm not sure about running a bunch of them in the same room and been able to get the heat out easily. Looks like if the unit stand as in the image, you got the heat to move from floor to the roof. So If i want to throw to the heat through a window (without having to suck it up with another fan/system), i would have to flip the unit so the air flow goes in the windows direction.

Just thinking out loud.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
900W eh.. Hum... Well it can run on one home circuit without too many issues this is really good.

Argh I wish I had free power...

Very tempting... hum..
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'
this power supply can power 2*S9 in 220V ?

maybe  maybe not but if you down clock the s9's  most likely yes.

I am a gear head most likely will order it .

I think a slight under clock to it will allow it to be truly quiet.

As an aside  the controller looks to have four slots  so a carefully thought out mod may allow for expansion to 3 or 4 boards.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Seems interesting to me.  I liked the S7-LN miner aside from the crappy used S2 power supply that they included with it.  At least with this one you can get it without a PSU and run your own PSU.  At 8.6th and 0.098 j/gh we're at about 850w plus the controller and no idea what their fan uses.  I'm guessing 4 PCIe plugs plus one for the controller board.  A 52 db 8.6th miner sounds great to me assuming the price is reasonable.  Unfortunately with zero competition I'm guessing the price is going to be to high for me.

$300 for a 2600w PSU sounds great, but for those without 220v and stuck on 110v, $300 for a 1300w PSU isn't that great.
legendary
Last I heard CK's opinion on it, BFG started as a fork of cgminer and stole a lot from it. Maybe that's changed, I dunno, but he wasn't happy.

Kano has said a lot about bmminer, and some folks have run string tests on the compiled program and found its contents were nearly identical to cgminer. Given Bitmain's penchant for doing as little work as possible to produce a functioning product I'd be surprised if they wrote their own thing from the ground up, especially since it was built for basically the same hardware they've already had a crappy fork of cgminer on for about two years.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
The link is working ok.
Nothing about the warranty though.

Is the warranty 90 days as usual?
Will the price be 1000USD for the R4 and 300USD for the APW5 like in the product pages I saw?

Mining software is most likely Cgminer -fork "BMMiner" like with the S9.

They put a year warranty on these at a year ROI and I'd take a chance.....90 days ....ouch.....just saying...

(would make a fine space heater for the winter in the basement) Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Just gotta hope the guys at corporate don't look too closely at bmminer and realize it's a potential liability being a blatant closed-source fork of a widely-known open source project.
I'd think that CK has decompiled it and checked. Has he said anything specifically on the matter?
Giving it its own name and ergo claiming ownership goes way beyond being a fork and if the case then CK would be screaming about it from the rooftops.

Just using some of/maybe most of the API's for CGminer and CKpool which have become the defacto standards for pool/miner operation doesn't make bmminer a blatant copy. BFGminer is similar in that is uses many CGminer API calls but it is certainly not a fork of it.
legendary
Just gotta hope the guys at corporate don't look too closely at bmminer and realize it's a potential liability being a blatant closed-source fork of a widely-known open source project.
Pages:
Jump to: