Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread - page 23. (Read 144941 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
My ant says I have avg 195GHs, but BTCguild only shows 150GHs. They were about the same before I overclock. What is the problem? Any body has any idea?  Huh

- I switched to eligius and It shows 195GHs. So far, BTCguild does not show my full GHs capacity. Still intriguing.
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
I have disconnected the broken board from the miner so i guess i can still run the remaining board
That way i loose less mining power, waiting for them to asnwer
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
I got a problem when i was rearranging the antminers to get better airflow one of the small parts fell off
Sadly it looks like it never was soldered firm on the board
I have not even touch those at all i was just replacing the ant thats all
Can i solder it myself or do i risk damaging some nearby part if i do.
I only have a simple small solder tool which i used when i made my own flip flop boards back in the previous century

Or do i need to contact bitmain to replace it ?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0gji2e3esl9wqlr/p4YfvMrtN4

I would definitely contact Bitmain before 100% voiding warranty by doing it yourself...
Activity: 774
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
I got a problem when i was rearranging the antminers to get better airflow one of the small parts fell off
Sadly it looks like it never was soldered firm on the board
I have not even touch those at all i was just replacing the ant thats all
Can i solder it myself or do i risk damaging some nearby part if i do.
I only have a simple small solder tool which i used when i made my own flip flop boards back in the previous century

Or do i need to contact bitmain to replace it ?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0gji2e3esl9wqlr/p4YfvMrtN4
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Oooppps.  Thanks guys!
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Just received my latest Antminer and I'm baffled.  I don't know linux but I have overclocked a dozen of these over the past few months thanks to this thread.
But this one I can't figure out.  When I key in "vim /asic-freq/
All I get is this:

Any idea how I get to the point where I can modify the file?
Remove the /'s from the command it it should work "vim asic-freq"
legendary
Activity: 1274
Just received my latest Antminer and I'm baffled.  I don't know linux but I have overclocked a dozen of these over the past few months thanks to this thread.
All I get is this:

You're creating a new file, not opening asic-freq. Do this instead

cd /etc/config/
vim asic-freq
legendary
Activity: 1593
All I get is this:

Activity: 4
hi all

i tried to config my miners with putty but it wont let me acesss with " /etc/config/.... " .. any ideas, why i cant config my miners? i have big ants (180ghs) 2 of them are made in 12/2013 and the others are from 01/2014....

putty says   permission denied Sad

update 11:30 / i downloaded the firmwar and found et/config/cgminer and /asic-freq ... what about modding this files and backup to miner, should this way work or not? i would modify the cgminer config , at the moment it shows me:

config cgminer 'default'
   option chip_frequency '282'
   option miner_count '24'
   option api_allow 'W:127.0.0.1'
   option more_options '--quiet'
   option target '60'
   option overheat '70'

i would do this way

config cgminer 'default'
   option chip_frequency '350'
   option miner_count '40'
   option api_allow 'W:127.0.0.1'
   option more_options '--quiet'
   option target '60'
   option overheat '70'
after that save the original cgminer config to desktop, replace the origina backup to the new and upload to miner, then reboot the miner. can this be done this way?
please help me with this issues, my programm experience is very low Undecided

PROBLEM IS SOLVED!! all miners updated!!! Grin
Activity: 12
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Activity: 121
HodL tight, it's gonna get wild
Help, I have a sick ant.
it ran for 16hours and then just stopped hashing. now there is a solid green light on the network port, with or without cable inserted - tried reset button, resetting PSU, changed the psu, changed network cable and even a tried different switch out of desperation.
Awaiting response from bitmain currently. Anyone know of a way to reset the controller, as I thinks thats where the issue is.
By the by, its 13 antbrothers are all hashing away happily!

And to add to the PSU discussion.
Antec 1500 watt will run two @ 400 & one @ 350 -- or three @ 393, without tripping.
Corsair CX750M will run 2 @ 375 and one at 400.
Thermaltake toughpower 650XT happily powering @ 393

400 seems to generate higher HW%, 393 seems to be the best option imo, maintaining a balance between getting the max hashrate and not losing hashrate to errors.

Happy to tip anyone that can make my sick ant happy. its hurtin me to use it as a door stop  Roll Eyes
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Activity: 4
I bought 2 antminers from Bitmain during Chinese New Year, and they arrived a few days ago.  One of them's a little sketchy though...
It has thermal paste on almost every screw and around the edges of the board.  A little different from the others I have received.  I could post pictures if you want to see what I'm talking about.

The main problem with this board is that I cannot get it mining; whether that is a network problem or a blade problem I do not know.

I've set up several ants before and I am an advid linuxr, so I assume it's the board's problem and not me.

I scanned for a network in the wifi tab, and it found mine with about a 40% connection, which, I assume, is decent.  It's adjacent to my other ants and they work, so I assume it's not a distance issue.  It creates the new network successfully; however, it says it has a 0% connection with no data up or down.  My other miners connect and start running as soon as I complete this step.

My mining pool is configured, my LAN is DHCP, my WAN is static with 8.8.8.8 for DNS, I can log in to the WebUI with no issues.  It's configuration is essentially the same as my other miners; however, this one is not working.

Any suggestions on how I can start her up?

I've already contacted Bitmain, and I am waiting their response on exchanging this one for a new one.  In the meanwhile, I would like it to mine somehow through my computer's connection through Ethernet.  I don't want it sitting here like a paperweight until I get a replacement.

I'll tip anyone $20 or more who gives me some working advice.

Kind regards,

EDIT: Some additional info:
Every time I turn it off, it forgets my network and my time synchronization, even if I hit save and apply; however, it remembers my mining configuration.
Also, the C31 light emitting diode blinks consistently with a frequency of a little under 1 Hz.
No LEDs are lit on the blades.

The question is - will my Corsair 860AX platinum be able to handle two @ 375 or more? Or will I be pushing it too much with two?
I've been running two on one of these guys for weeks at 400MHz. I'm sure you'd be fine with two at 375MHz.

Wow... Guess it won't be a problem then Smiley Unless Bitmain keeps only selling ants 15 secs at a time, so I have no chance of getting another one *sigh* Can you believe they opened sales with a stock of 30? Gone in seconds... Literally!
Yeah, but what are their choices? Wait longer to open sales and get more flack on the forum about dropping the price? Sell stock that doesn't exist yet, ala pre-order style? They said they'd never do that. I don't think there's anyone to blame here, they've done an amazing job as far as I'm concerned and there are a lot of happy miners out there now because of them, just more than they can supply... word is out that the ant is the best or only thing around that gets shipped and makes a return... it's going to be difficult for a while me thinks.

Yeah - they really stand out with that service in this market. I hope I win the lottery and get one tomorrow Smiley
I got Satoshi's avatar!

The question is - will my Corsair 860AX platinum be able to handle two @ 375 or more? Or will I be pushing it too much with two?
I've been running two on one of these guys for weeks at 400MHz. I'm sure you'd be fine with two at 375MHz.

Wow... Guess it won't be a problem then Smiley Unless Bitmain keeps only selling ants 15 secs at a time, so I have no chance of getting another one *sigh* Can you believe they opened sales with a stock of 30? Gone in seconds... Literally!
Yeah, but what are their choices? Wait longer to open sales and get more flack on the forum about dropping the price? Sell stock that doesn't exist yet, ala pre-order style? They said they'd never do that. I don't think there's anyone to blame here, they've done an amazing job as far as I'm concerned and there are a lot of happy miners out there now because of them, just more than they can supply... word is out that the ant is the best or only thing around that gets shipped and makes a return... it's going to be difficult for a while me thinks.

legendary
Activity: 1274

I got Satoshi's avatar!
A lot of people on here would say no, but I would try. If they each pull 400 at the wall, that leaves your psu delivering around 700-720W which would be safe in my opinion, but that's my opinion. People said 520W would not be enough to run @400, but I have been for weeks. If it's a decent psu it'll just switch off if overloaded. I'd say use what you've got.
Yeah, I'll try it when I (hopefully) get a new Ant. I'll buy a new psu for my BE cube anyway. Maybe I'll buy one that'll hand the cube and one ant blade.
Something I always remind people of is: the more psu's the better... if one breaks you can still mine. I'd buy something strong enough to run the 2 overclocked ants and run one ant and your cube on that and the other ant on the one you have now so you don't run them at capacity... that way if the smaller psu goes you can still get the 2 ants running on the bigger psu while you source a new one.
Pages:
Jump to: