Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread - page 21. (Read 144941 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

I am not going to claim much technical knowledge about chips.. but from what I read, sha2 asic chips gives up error checking for speed, hence the HW errors...

as long as the pool is reporting a good hashrate, which is estimated by accepted shares.. then your good to go, the pool pays you for your shares!!
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
hi guys,

i'm at a freq of 375 but my hw error rate is 7.7%, what's your advice?

what was the rate at 350?

imho, HW rates are not as important since i started using asics... bfl had alot, so does the ants.. it is the accepted share rate at the pool that counts... 

at 375 freq.. if the pool is reporting ~195Gh, what does it matter?

I hear so many different views on this.  Some say it matters, some say it doesn't.  Curious, what is the consensus?
legendary
Activity: 1876
hi guys,

imho, HW rates are not as important since i started using asics... bfl had alot, so does the ants.. it is the accepted share rate at the pool that counts... 

at 375 freq.. if the pool is reporting ~195Gh, what does it matter?
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
hi guys,

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
hi guys,

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
OK ... got another Ant today ... but this one isn't quite as happy as the others ...

It's overclocked at 375Mhz and hashes away quite happily, but two issues:

1) The fan is always on max speed.
2) Chain#1 says the temperature is 182!

Anybody got any ideas how to fix this? Maybe a temp sensor is malfunctioning and therefore running the fan at max speed?

This is what I'm seeing:

Chain#       ASIC#        Frequency        Fan       Temp
1                32              375              3660       182
2                32              375                0           30

I've tried running the fan from the other blade, but still get the same result.

any leaky thermal goop on the board? that could affect the temperature sense
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
I got my third and fourth s-1's today.  I seem to have a dead ethernet port on one. any trouble shooting advice.,  thanks
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
OK ... got another Ant today ... but this one isn't quite as happy as the others ...

It's overclocked at 375Mhz and hashes away quite happily, but two issues:

1) The fan is always on max speed.
2) Chain#1 says the temperature is 182!

Anybody got any ideas how to fix this? Maybe a temp sensor is malfunctioning and therefore running the fan at max speed?

This is what I'm seeing:

Chain#       ASIC#        Frequency        Fan       Temp
1                32              375              3660       182
2                32              375                0           30

I've tried running the fan from the other blade, but still get the same result.

Activity: 7
Hi all.  Just a few tips from someone who has overclocked many S1-s over the last few months. Specially the enabling of the asic autoprobe mode (tip #3) delivers optimum settings and performance.

Just my two cents.

1) Use the "joe" editor instead of the "vi" editor. It saves you a lot of irritation... Joe is much easier to use.
How:
- login to your miner, go to the System Tab, got to the Software sub-tab 
- click the small "Update Lists" button
- enter: joe  in the "Download and install package:" input box and press the OK button at the right
This will install the joe editor on your miner.

Commands:  joe
Just start moving around and editing your file. Press simultaneously to enter command mode , e.g. press H for help (+k H).
Press -k x  to save and exit.

(assuming that you are logged in to your miner using a secure-shell program)
2) Edit the /etc/config/cgminer file using "joe" ( joe /etc/config/cgminer ) as per instructions in this thread, changing option chip_frequency to '400' and option miner_count to '35' although the latter is obsolete after the following tip 3.

3) Edit the /etc/init.d/cgminer file to enable the automatic detection and hardware optimization that cgminer can perform on your Antminer!
joe /etc/init.d/cgminer

Change the line: $APP --lowmem --bitmain-options 115200:32:8:$_T0:$_cf:$_regv -q >/dev/null 2>&1
to: $APP --bitmain-auto -q >/dev/null 2>&1

This will auto-probe and install the optimal settings for your asic, depending on the frequency chosen in step 2
You can now choose to save and exit joe:  -k x

4) If you want to run on multiple pools simultaneously, balancing your miner's resources, add "--balance" to the line above, so that it becomes:
$APP --bitmain-auto --balance -q >/dev/null 2>&1

Reboot your miner.

I run three miners (different batches w. the 2014-2-7 firmware) @ www.angelminers.org with these settings and they perform great!

By the way, here is a great video with simple instructions on how to upgrade your S1's firware: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIAvtb2SnJY

Cheers!

Martin.

~ https://www.angelminers.org - stop ego-mining, start sharing! Charity 2.0 ~ 
Activity: 308
Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.
Thanks. I'll pull the blue wire. My temperatures are sitting at 44C and 42C so I don't really need to do it but I like my miners run cool and I don't sleep in the same room. Blue wire will be pulled.
Activity: 798
This thread is full of information that I need... but I didn't read every page.

Is there a way to run the fan full speed from config files?

More of a hardware hack than a config change but...
You can make the fan run full speed by pulling the blue wire from the fan header connected to the board.  You're better off pulling the blue wire and metal end out using a tiny flat head screwdriver (like in a watch/jeweler/PC toolkit) from the plastic than actually cutting it as others have suggested in the thread so you can reverse it anytime you want.  You stick the screwdriver or a pin into the opening on the back of the plastic cowling to release the wire.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

No, not that I've discovered.
Activity: 308
Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.

Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
I bought 5 from greaterninja about a month ago. 4 run great 195, 192, 200, 202. One, no matter what I clock it at 350, 375, 387, 393, 400, always does 180. Still very happy with all of them.
Activity: 453
dfgfdgfdg
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Hey guys for those of you who are getting your antminers tomorrow I have a couple of videos on youtube which tell you how to setup and overclock your antminers so you can get them running and oced inside 10 minutes of getting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akw9GAeIH5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FU4Z_n0B4

Thanks for the great setup videos. Now if I could just find one to get S1 to mine via WiFi.
This might help you... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4884679
Activity: 20
With new version stratum proxy work?? Anyone try?
Thanks
Activity: 453
dfgfdgfdg
Hey guys for those of you who are getting your antminers tomorrow I have a couple of videos on youtube which tell you how to setup and overclock your antminers so you can get them running and oced inside 10 minutes of getting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akw9GAeIH5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FU4Z_n0B4

Thanks for the great setup videos. Now if I could just find one to get S1 to mine via WiFi.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
I had put miners in conditioned datacenter, now I get
0.16 HW errors on older rev. @400mhz
and 0.07 HW errors on newer rev. @400mhz

temperatures on both miners approx. 28C

I think I will try to test overclock them a little more next week

How long have you been running your overclocked to 400? have you noticed any more hardware errors over time
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Greeting guys/gals,

I just updated one of my S1's to the latest firmware no problem, but I just noticed cgminer is now hogging the cpu (90 - 100%) - is this a known issue & any idea how to cure it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.......

Peace  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: