Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD) - page 18. (Read 16395 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 0
With such a price, the ROI decreases. If Vitalik in August says that fork will be? What will happen? Will it be a heap of scrap metal? Again the uncertainty
Activity: 212
Merit: 24
The bitmain is a horrible company. The cost initial was US$800 and now are US$1.800, but in the other Asics, down the cost.

China and Russia are country communist and want the Earth domination.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102

better cards that can be much more profitable. and more algorithms can be used

I believe the flexible ability to mine different algos/coins is what people are missing when thinking of buying this ETH ASIC. Don't forget that you can mine new coins on their first day of launch and earn more profits than you ever would once they become mainstream. Being stuck mining ETH or ETC for all eternity is not such a good thing really.
Or if mining ever stops being profitable you can just use move to virtual reallity thx to all that mining gear Grin Its not just more algos thx to gpus but also they have some kind of resale value unlike asics and you get at least 2 year warranty....

Word. VR parties and VR for rent could be a lucrative business after the mining craze. Imagine selling to companies who usually buy their employees random treats every month. I'm pretty sure having free VR sessions during lunch time would be something employees love. If that doesn't work you can also use VR to sell stuff (try on clothes, look at condo units, etc.). You just need good devs.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408
Hey Guys, let's buy every Asic Bitmain produces to help him dominate cryptos

And don't forget to buy and use BitcoinCash

Jihan and his friends are very worried about decentralization and they want us to gain a lot of money with then, together

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

I believe the flexible ability to mine different algos/coins is what people are missing when thinking of buying this ETH ASIC. Don't forget that you can mine new coins on their first day of launch and earn more profits than you ever would once they become mainstream. Being stuck mining ETH or ETC for all eternity is not such a good thing really.
Or if mining ever stops being profitable you can just use move to virtual reallity thx to all that mining gear Grin Its not just more algos thx to gpus but also they have some kind of resale value unlike asics and you get at least 2 year warranty....
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

better to buy those coins than having a gpu or asic miner for that matter, mining is overrated as long as price of coins are cheap which is at moment.

spending any amount on miners at moment is pointless cause you can get x times the money invested if you simply buy the coin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
Yea, but check out the new price on the L3+

$462?

I smell a "new node" Gigahash Bitmain miner announcement in June for Scrypt.

Guess they got tired of being beat on efficiency by the A4 and matched/beat by the L21 - or more likely slowing sales of the S9 have left them some "available space" to order current-node chips for something else they've been working on for a while.

Dam $462, that might be the sign of the last squeeze before a new scrypt miner announcement.  Getting every last drop.  I guess not so bad with a coupon i mean even at a 100% loss its doable for someone looking to mess around with a miner.
It's significantly better than a D3 or V9 based off current earnings for both miners (through Nicehash's calculator) at $0.10/kWh (both are in the red), no ASIC Bitmain currently offers really beats the L3+ at this price point. Wouldn't be a bad miner to introduce people to mining or how to set up miners in general, and at lower electrical costs this thing could potentially be quite profitable. Plus these things are supposed to deliver in just a week or two, not bad at all.

I also agree there's got to be a new Scrypt miner coming from Bitmain soon- there's no reason that they'd drop prices this steeply without something new coming soon.

Since we are already so far off track, I just noticed the X3 has sold out as well. Could just be Bitmain removing all stock on their site, I find it unlikely that anyone would buy that $2000 heater that also happens to ship in May.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Anyone see the batch 2 is being released for $1800.00. Must be a lot of interest in this thing...
i bought it 800USD,just now 1800USD???   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

pray not to become a heater next winter hehe and if it does then you lost money, time and maybe even hope hehe
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415

$462?

Guess they got tired of being beat on efficiency by the A4 and matched/beat by the L21 - or more likely slowing sales of the S9 have left them some "available space" to order current-node chips for something else they've been working on for a while.

Dam $462, that might be the sign of the last squeeze before a new scrypt miner announcement.  Getting every last drop.  I guess not so bad with a coupon i mean even at a 100% loss its doable for someone looking to mess around with a miner.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
But with $200 coupons, that's like $400 a unit including shipping.  Just for screwing around I got 4 for less than I paid for 1 unit 6 months ago!  Also picked up 2 E3 at the $800 price

legendary
Activity: 1498

$462?

legendary
Activity: 2702
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Activity: 195
Merit: 15
Anyone see the batch 2 is being released for $1800.00. Must be a lot of interest in this thing...
i bought it 800USD,just now 1800USD???   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 2
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
I wonder... When will it be limited by DAG size? Any info available on internal memory?

Why ask here?
The only available information is what Bitmain has posted on their sales site.

Well, someone might have the answer here - or maybe have been in touch with Bitmain about this.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
POS is a complete joke. No real protocol has or will use it. It's easily hackable and it promotes centralized control. Why do you think not one single coin that is anywhere near legitimate, is POS. POS = Piece Of Shit. If ETH goes POS it will be dead in 6 months to a year. It may run as a POW/POS hybrid, but 100% POS? Little Dracula would be an idiot to do that.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
The real danger for ETH/ZEC etc miners is POS not Bitmain.

And I think Vitalik will take POS more seriously now with Bitmain treat.

There is no point to buy any mining equipment anymore neither GPU or Asic.
ithink most of the eth hash rate is asics so pos will fuck bitmain and thier ilk more thangpu miners
Gpu miners are in bigger trouble,atm about 80% of all gpus mining are on eth and what do you think will happen with all those gpus when eth goes pos because no other coin can take all that hash power and still be profitable to mine it?This mining cycle hype was triggered buy eth being really profitable to mine it last year...
Activity: 185

Activity: 65
Rofl, better buy yourself two ethereums now and cut the drama with mining and making BITMAIN money. This company is dragging all of us down and you are still up for buying their shitty products? When this shit aSIC hits the markets, the difficulty would be so high, so making 800$ profit would take you around 1 year or so? Better get your ETH straight out of the exchange and save yourself the hassle.
Pages:
Jump to: