Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD) - page 21. (Read 16395 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
They just changed price from $800 to $1800  Grin I guess it's another shitmain smart move - they let everyone think that there is so huge demand on those machines, that they decided to increase the price. But next week there will be the very last chance to order in old price  Grin

So true and the funny thing is that trolls will pay $1800 but did not want to pay $800 hehe

Yes, but good news for them is that this time they can use their coupons  Grin
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
They just changed price from $800 to $1800  Grin I guess it's another shitmain smart move - they let everyone think that there is so huge demand on those machines, that they decided to increase the price. But next week there will be the very last chance to order in old price  Grin

Last chance to pay u mean with old price?  Grin
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

So true and the funny thing is that trolls will pay $1800 but did not want to pay $800 hehe
Activity: 31
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
bitmain just selling this shit to draw some attention from the f3 videos and/or their real eth mining operation...

before eth pos you can buy them with a funny dislaimer like the doorstoper x3

3. One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong.

if xmr wouldnt have announced the fork we all still wont know the doorstoper x3 exists...why the fuck somebody would sell something profitable & power efficient for pennys if you can earn much more with mining(ok they already did)?
 the same applies for the real bitmain eth asics

there will be soon something like monero cash from bitmain, where retarded buyers can point their machines...thats the only reason bitcoin cash exists so they can sell more of their sha256 miners. thats the only fucking reason

The announcement of Bitmain's cryptonite miner seems to have been driven by Baikal shipping THEIR cryptonite miner.
The XMR fork wasn't announced or planned 'till the Bitmain miner was announced - your timeframe is WAY off there.

Also, it's not just Monero that is forking - ETN has also announced they will be forking (probably piggybacking on the Monero fork code and algorithm) soon, and I think I've seen commentary from some of the "small fry" cryptonite coin devs that they might be forking as well.

Hint - Bitmain doesn't sell their miners for pennies, they sell them then turn the money around to make MORE miners to sell - and make quite a bit MORE that way than via mining which takes MONTHS or YEARS to pay a machine off.

There have been times when Bitmain ended up selling a miner for more than it ever made back, though USUALLY if a miner is profitable long enough it will EVENTUALLY make more than you paid for it (IF you have very cheap electric) - but in that timeframe Bitmain has turned that investment around at least twice and more likely 3-4 TIMES via new batches of that miner model and made a LOT more than they would have made from mining on the first batch for the same amount of cash invested -and ZERO risk of losing money as well.

I don't like Bitmain, and they've made mistakes at times, but I don't call their business model STUPID for a reason.

it doesnt matter who sold his cn asics first...fact is without the fork the rats would have never come out of their holes
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Price now is $1800  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 45
The world is starting to hate the communist party occupying china...
F*ck Kommunist !  Angry  (Cold war flashbacks)

Let me have a good LOL over here.... DID communist let go of manufacturing process to China? IT'S OUR FUCKING GREED WHY THOSE PRODUCING FACTORIES ARE THERE! Morron!

More profit hunger and caviar on the table!
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
bitmain just selling this shit to draw some attention from the f3 videos and/or their real eth mining operation...

3. One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong.

if xmr wouldnt have announced the fork we all still wont know the doorstoper x3 exists...why the fuck somebody would sell something profitable & power efficient for pennys if you can earn much more with mining(ok they already did)?

there will be soon something like monero cash from bitmain, where retarded buyers can point their machines...thats the only reason bitcoin cash exists so they can sell more of their sha256 miners. thats the only fucking reason

The announcement of Bitmain's cryptonite miner seems to have been driven by Baikal shipping THEIR cryptonite miner.
The XMR fork wasn't announced or planned 'till the Bitmain miner was announced - your timeframe is WAY off there.

Also, it's not just Monero that is forking - ETN has also announced they will be forking (probably piggybacking on the Monero fork code and algorithm) soon, and I think I've seen commentary from some of the "small fry" cryptonite coin devs that they might be forking as well.

Hint - Bitmain doesn't sell their miners for pennies, they sell them then turn the money around to make MORE miners to sell - and make quite a bit MORE that way than via mining which takes MONTHS or YEARS to pay a machine off.

There have been times when Bitmain ended up selling a miner for more than it ever made back, though USUALLY if a miner is profitable long enough it will EVENTUALLY make more than you paid for it (IF you have very cheap electric) - but in that timeframe Bitmain has turned that investment around at least twice and more likely 3-4 TIMES via new batches of that miner model and made a LOT more than they would have made from mining on the first batch for the same amount of cash invested -and ZERO risk of losing money as well.

I don't like Bitmain, and they've made mistakes at times, but I don't call their business model STUPID for a reason.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
There haven't been much of GPUs sold since Dec/Jan (sheer dearth of it) yet the hashrates seems to increase quite a bit?  115 TH to 250+ THs.  That can't be all GPUs right?

only around 10% was from gpus. also, ignore the paid trolls that say otherwise. they must be all bitmain friends.

That would only represent a few hundred thousand GPUs sold in that timeframe - which WOULD NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE SEVERE SHORTAGE OF AMD CARDS prior to the last couple weeks.

DO try again and not be rude and insulting for no reason.
Activity: 651
Merit: 500
At this cost the e3 must be using cheaper slower memory. Which means bitmain is using the newer faster vram on the f3. Id wait, maybe halong have something in development for ethash.

Kidding? The coin communities are starting to hate bitmain. I'd expect most coins to continually switch up algos.

the world is starting to hate the communist party occupying china...
F*ck Kommunist !  Angry  (Cold war flashbacks)

this reminds me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_ghkwt5cs
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
At this cost the e3 must be using cheaper slower memory. Which means bitmain is using the newer faster vram on the f3. Id wait, maybe halong have something in development for ethash.

Kidding? The coin communities are starting to hate bitmain. I'd expect most coins to continually switch up algos.

F*ck Kommunist !  Angry  (Cold war flashbacks)
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
With current difficulty, this Bitmain Garbage can only mine for a round $4 a day. Imagine all the batches are come a live and then difficulty sky rocketed way higher.
Both this ASIC miner and GPU have to say good bye to ETH.
Btw, are you sure that this is the best Bitmain can do? I somehow have intuition that they have more powerful hashing board to mine ETH under their wrap still. Way more powerful that this garbage.

This garbage has officially killed ETH gpu mining for now. Until ETh dev comes up with something or AMD or Nvidia develops a new gpu specifically designed for mining.
This garbage is still very low cost and very scalable. Good for mining farms. So it will increase difficulty on all the coins as big gpu farms will switch coins.

This wont kill eth mining anytime soon. These are not A3's/D3's etc. Anyone worried about these has no sense of the magnitude of Ethereum's current hashrate.

Its currently at 270 TERAHASHES. Thats NINE MILLION 570's/580's

In order to double the hashrate, bitmain would have to make and sell 1.5 MILLION E3's. At most these batches have 10-20 thousand units, which wont even make a dent in the hashrate. To put things in perspective, Litecoin's entire hashrate is made up of a couple hundred thousand L3+'s and some of that hashrate is shared by innosilicon and BW.

The only reason A3's and D3's killed GPU mining is because they were orders of magnitude faster and more efficient than the GPUs they replaced. E3's are exactly the same speed and efficiency as GPUs, they only advantage they have is that they cost less than current GPUs, and Bitmain does not have to be at the mercy of getting GPU packages from AMD/NVIDIA( and thats about the only advantage an ethereum ASIC can have, maybe slightly higher effenciey if they go full custom cores which they wont since eth will go POS before then).

Lets all calm down Cheesy

This.

Only reason I'm not buying one right now is the fact that ETH or ETC may hard fork to invalidate it. That uncertainty is certainly hurting sales of this device.

Well, I'm likely NOT to get one either...but the founder of Ethereum..is not behind a fork in the coin, seems to me that if any kind of pressure on this is of note

https://www.coindesk.com/no-action-vitalik-opposes-plan-disable-ethereum-asics/

...the devs will simply go to POS coin under metropolis (or whatever the next upgrade is) anyway...

So it is more likely, you could PROBABLY mine this unit for say 5 months or so at worst or more..before such would happen (either fork or going pos coin)

indeed a case could be made that with ASIC's out and GPU miners seeing the end, the devs would face LESS hassle going the POS route in this manner

anyway, my take, not that I know much about this

brad

Yeah I read this same article today and I suspect that he doesn't support a HF because of the amount of hash power it would take to really be a threat to the network at this stage.
Activity: 854
Merit: 277
liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
With current difficulty, this Bitmain Garbage can only mine for a round $4 a day. Imagine all the batches are come a live and then difficulty sky rocketed way higher.
Btw, are you sure that this is the best Bitmain can do? I somehow have intuition that they have more powerful hashing board to mine ETH under their wrap still. Way more powerful that this garbage.

This garbage has officially killed ETH gpu mining for now. Until ETh dev comes up with something or AMD or Nvidia develops a new gpu specifically designed for mining.
This garbage is still very low cost and very scalable. Good for mining farms. So it will increase difficulty on all the coins as big gpu farms will switch coins.

This wont kill eth mining anytime soon. These are not A3's/D3's etc. Anyone worried about these has no sense of the magnitude of Ethereum's current hashrate.

In order to double the hashrate, bitmain would have to make and sell 1.5 MILLION E3's. At most these batches have 10-20 thousand units, which wont even make a dent in the hashrate. To put things in perspective, Litecoin's entire hashrate is made up of a couple hundred thousand L3+'s and some of that hashrate is shared by innosilicon and BW.

The only reason A3's and D3's killed GPU mining is because they were orders of magnitude faster and more efficient than the GPUs they replaced. E3's are exactly the same speed and efficiency as GPUs, they only advantage they have is that they cost less than current GPUs, and Bitmain does not have to be at the mercy of getting GPU packages from AMD/NVIDIA( and thats about the only advantage an ethereum ASIC can have, maybe slightly higher effenciey if they go full custom cores which they wont since eth will go POS before then).

This.

Only reason I'm not buying one right now is the fact that ETH or ETC may hard fork to invalidate it. That uncertainty is certainly hurting sales of this device.

Well, I'm likely NOT to get one either...but the founder of Ethereum..is not behind a fork in the coin, seems to me that if any kind of pressure on this is of note

https://www.coindesk.com/no-action-vitalik-opposes-plan-disable-ethereum-asics/

...the devs will simply go to POS coin under metropolis (or whatever the next upgrade is) anyway...

So it is more likely, you could PROBABLY mine this unit for say 5 months or so at worst or more..before such would happen (either fork or going pos coin)

indeed a case could be made that with ASIC's out and GPU miners seeing the end, the devs would face LESS hassle going the POS route in this manner

anyway, my take, not that I know much about this

brad
Activity: 952
Merit: 508

This.

Activity: 434
Merit: 107
Just want to touch on this because it's a bit misleading.

- Casper testnet is scheduled to be fully operational (currently in "Alpha") by August, no date is set for mainnet launch
- Cost reduction and threat assessment is on-part with devs' wording
- SHA-3 will be considered, a dev asked about the possibility of implementing it but it was left up to further discussion at next month's meeting.
- The 51% attack was deemed to be "difficult to predict" and I believe it was Vitalik who noted that it wouldn't be noticed until it was happening. If this would happen from a governmental or private entity (both were mentioned neither by name), then "emergency measures" would be considered. ETH devs will not be releasing Casper onto mainnet without bug testing, that's a silly assertation and would be dangerous to the coin.

Let's remember that Vitalik brought up a good point; they're not sure how this ASIC functions. Until one is torn apart, it would be foolish to make a move should the unit contain an FPGA as speculated.

Thanks for the clarification.

With respect to expediting Casper's launch in a worse case situation please reference 39min 20 sec of the latest meeting. They will have a "to hell with the bugs" to launch and bring back control from Bitmain if they gain majority hashing power. I.e the devs arent making sweeping changes yet but looking into possible solutions to counter multiple outcomes should Bitmain try to take over the network.

Overall all im glad the team answered these questions with full transparency in an open manner.
Xtreme Monster
1. Invest that money buying crypto's and hopefully gain value for 4 months and see what this amount becomes.

this...
Activity: 63
All this for a miner that should be out in only 4 months.
Think about it, you have to shell out quite a sum right now for something you'll receive only in 4 months from now.

In the meantime you could instead :

1. Invest that money buying crypto's and hopefully gain value for 4 months and see what this amount becomes.

2. Buy GPU's now and make money now mining at current diff's, 4 months from now you'll already have a great start of ROI and in the end you'll make more than whatever you would with an E3

3. Let this shit product die and laugh at them for trying to take advantage once more...

I mean seriously, let them choke on their shit hardware!

The equivalent of 6 RX 580's is not that great of a deal since you have to pay NOW, get it in 4 months and on top of that according to history you'll receive some used hardware which has 0 resale value.

Don't give in !!   Cool
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.

Xtreme Monster
There haven't been much of GPUs sold since Dec/Jan (sheer dearth of it) yet the hashrates seems to increase quite a bit?  115 TH to 250+ THs.  That can't be all GPUs right?

only around 10% was from gpus. also, ignore the paid trolls that say otherwise. they must be all bitmain friends.
Pages:
Jump to: