Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain introduces the Antminer S17 Pro, Antminer S17, and the Antminer T17 - page 3. (Read 11165 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
ahh ok - I was here hoping it was raised from 800 to 2500 lol but I now see otherwise. paid the tariff and miner should be here Monday.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
of course I gave them my TIN - I dont have issues with doing so. My curiosity is still about the Tariff - did it change? are they wrong for saying 2500?

and yes I called UPS and asked for this person directly - got them and provided the information.
AFAIK nothing changed.
The under $800 is related to the Trump tax being added to possible duty charges. The $2500.49 is the threshold for requiring Formal entry (paperwork and supporting documents as well as a base line duty %). Under that is informal entry with no duty and very minimal paperwork. The section 301 they refer to is related to the Trump Tax in that certain electronic items like miners, TV's, computers, etc., are now required to pay the minimal duty even though the shipment value is under $2500.
legendary
well that answers that question on the dollar limit lol

Hi Cherokee, you have a shipment coming that has import fees due.

Total Amount Due:    259.97 USD
Scheduled Delivery Date:    12/23/2019

There are import fees due on this shipment. You can pay those fees now online to expedite final delivery. Your driver also accepts limited payment methods in person upon delivery.
Select Pay Now to review the charges and complete payment.
Paying before delivery enables the shipment to be sent on a different date or to a new location. It also allows the shipment to be delivered without you being present.
Note: Online payments can be made anytime up to 30 minutes prior to delivery. If not paid online, you can pay at the time of delivery.
SHENZHEN CENTURY CLOUD CORE TECHNOL
Tracking Number:   
1Z4F11V9D940153463
UPS Service:   UPS Worldwide Saver
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
I am impressed you got the PayPal angle going with Bitmain....nice to at least have some 'pushback' for their silly actions I guess or the 'let them eat cake' for the masses as their mantra. At least 'someone' can play slap-back with PayPal at least! Also, remember ...they always slow way down around Xmas thru the Chinese New Year which I think winds up the first week in February and generally no action much if any shipping (if I remember right) from Xmas till almost February. It is like everyone takes the frigging month off. IMHO.

This is past actions by Bitmain..perhaps I'm confusing this with Chinese New Year Timeline and Bitmain was only 'yanking' equipment for their own mining uses back in the day a few years back. Being truly evil and all that is also a possibility. But anyway, if there is a shipping snag it will be between Xmas and the 1st Week in February 2020 ..if the past is any guide...so just be aware...(other can chime in here if I am spot-on or full of sh*t ..I will bow to their expertise) But seems to me that is the way it has played out in the past with Bitmain and other Asian Based ASIC makers historically.

You are rather correct when it comes to shipping during January and February in the past. However, Bitmain is constantly surprising us... So this year MIGHT be different.

Also, Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) is not in February (like last 2 years), rather it is on the last week of January and their non-working (holiday days) will be from Jan. 24–30 and then the next holiday for them is Qingming Festival (Apr. 4–6). Therefore, they should be okay as all the units that have been ordered and can be ordered are due to ship between 11-20 of January. Next shipping after that will probably be middle of February.
legendary
of course I gave them my TIN - I dont have issues with doing so. My curiosity is still about the Tariff - did it change? are they wrong for saying 2500?

and yes I called UPS and asked for this person directly - got them and provided the information.
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
I have paid the tariffs before - but this is the first time I have received an email asking me for my TIN:

[...]

I am curious this states the limit is 2500.49 - I thought the limit was 800? did it change or is this some other rule?

Give them your EIN or SSN. It doesn't matter since you are going to write this off for your taxes anyways.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
They said they will send the t17+ 64th model with a delay.

If I need  to drop a hammer for it being late I will do that.

I am impressed you got the PayPal angle going with Bitmain....nice to at least have some 'pushback' for their silly actions I guess or the 'let them eat cake' for the masses as their mantra. At least 'someone' can play slap-back with PayPal at least! Also, remember ...they always slow way down around Xmas thru the Chinese New Year which I think winds up the first week in February and generally no action much if any shipping (if I remember right) from Xmas till almost February. It is like everyone takes the frigging month off. IMHO.

This is past actions by Bitmain..perhaps I'm confusing this with Chinese New Year Timeline and Bitmain was only 'yanking' equipment for their own mining uses back in the day a few years back. Being truly evil and all that is also a possibility. But anyway, if there is a shipping snag it will be between Xmas and the 1st Week in February 2020 ..if the past is any guide...so just be aware...(other can chime in here if I am spot-on or full of sh*t ..I will bow to their expertise) But seems to me that is the way it has played out in the past with Bitmain and other Asian Based ASIC makers historically.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
yeah, they asked me too.
be smart, though, and call it in instead of replying to the email.
Once they have your info, the following shipments (at least to the same address AND adressed to you) are automatically cleared.
It is only for China shipments.
legendary
I have paid the tariffs before - but this is the first time I have received an email asking me for my TIN:

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 7:55 PM <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Customer,

Recently the United States enacted a series of Trade Remedies to be assessed on certain products from China called Section 301.  Your commodity falls under Section 301, as the country of origin is China, and therefore is required to make Formal Entry into the United States even though the dollar value is below $2500.49.

Accordingly a Federal Tax In (EIN) (SSN) is required to clear your shipment through Customs.

For your convenience I have attached a copy of your invoice for your review. 

Best regards,

Sylvia Coles
UPS Customs Brokerage
2031 Centennial Ave
Aiken SC 29803
M-F 6:00pm-2:30am

[email protected]

I am curious this states the limit is 2500.49 - I thought the limit was 800? did it change or is this some other rule?
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
yeah they sent my t17 40th unit early it should arrive on mon 23rd.

and looks like my t17+ 64th unit will be late.
legendary
my last T17 order just shipped - received the email last night. Estimated shipping was Dec 21st - Dec 31st. So looks like it shipped a couple of days early.
legendary
They said they will send the t17+ 64th model with a delay.

If I need  to drop a hammer for it being late I will do that.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
They are yet to reply.  I will email again today.

As an aside? With your PayPal option and the further addition of days if you did so via credit card, I assume you still have time to drop the hammer on Bitmain for switch bait of product at the last minute? Curious, would serve them right, but unsure if that is a legit option with coupons and the other manipulations that bitmain may stall or have you go through. But again, I'd think a PayPal rep and for sure an Amex rep on your information would fall all over themselves, if you wish such, to get refunded.

Anyway, if you pull the trigger on such or not, is my assumption correct and this is a drastic backup action you may have to use on this? thanks (again on the bleachers/ watching the show/eating junk food) Smiley
legendary
They are yet to reply.  I will email again today.
Activity: 55
Merit: 15
@philipma1957

After 2 emails, I wrote him a two-liner and told him I wanted my money back.

He said that i should forget the emails and they send me the 64 TH device.

The 64TH was shipped one working day later =).

Do not give up.
legendary
Bitmain has problems to ship Antminer T17+ 64TH/s.

They want to give me an T17+ 61TH/s???

Has anybody the same shipping problems?

I have one on order I will check.

If they downgrade you go to the refund/credit/coupon thread.  Make a report on the thread and open a ticket on bitmain to get a BTC refund of 60/64 about 5% seems fair.

Yeah  they sent me an email  at 4am  I woke at 8 am and answered it which is 8pm friday on their time which means no action until monday.

I won"t do what they want.

Give me some time to show letter and my reply

Here's a reminder of what your ticket was about:

Carol (Bitmain)
Dec 13, 15:48 CST

Dear Carol,

We’re terribly sorry to inform you that stock of T17+ 64T in your order ID 0012019102xxxxxx is insufficient.

Now we trying to solve the issue by offering product update from T17+ 64T to T17+ 58T. If you agree with the solution, please kindly help reply to this email for confirmation as soon as possible, and then we will send you a special link to place a new T17+ 58T order immediately. Please also take note that USD shall be chosen as the payment mode of your new T17+ order.

Additionally, the price of one unit 58T T17+, 11-20,Dec. batch is $1203. The price difference of T17+ 64T and T17+ 58T be remained as balance under your account, for the specific usage rule of balance.
Please feel free to contact us, we will guide you accordingly.

Regards,
Bitmain

my reply

Quote from: philipma1957
Re: philipma1957, you’re invited to let us know how we can do better【BITMAIN - Ticket ID 59xxxxx 】
Dec 13 at 8:11 AM

PHILIP Axxxxxx
To: Bitmain
Cc: Philip Axxxxxx

Dear Carol ,

If I accept the 58th T17+ unit at 1203 usd + 127 shipping for a cost of 1330
I had paid you 1355 and used a 375 coupon this comes to:

1730 old order
1330 new order
400 dollar balance on my account

I paid you in paypal not USD. I do not have the ability to pay you in USD. I do not have a bank that sends USD to China.
So I am not sure your idea works for me.

I really wish you had contacted me sooner than 4am Eastern standard time I am answering you at 8AM eastern standard time. Which is 8pm your time So most likely you won't get to this as your work day has ended.

So to confirm what you want to do is send me a 58th machine and give me a credit changing my payment to USD. The answer is no this not acceptable.

This is a paypal order a USD order does not offer me the protection of a paypal order. So I am not altering the deal. Since I lose my paypal rights if I do. I see it this way I paid you 1354.95 cash and used a 375 coupon that is 1729.95 usd. If you can not give me a t17+ with proper speed of 64th and want to send a 58th machine I would accept the machine and a 400 dollar refund to my paypal order.
This way the order stays as paypal which offers me six months protection. I also get a proper discount of 400 as a direct refund to my paypal order.

Your company is running a business my mining is served by your company. I have paid you well over 150,000 for gear since 2013. I also am an honest person and give your company fair reviews. So I ask you to simply refund this paypal order 400 usd and send the 58th machine.

Please get back to me and let me know if you can do this.

Best regards,

Philip
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
I think price drop was at least a day or so ago and most coupons I see have no expiration.

Edit: no expiration as in date, if BTC market reachs a certain level some do expire as well.

Actually, there are a lot of coupons that expire in the end of January. There are some coupons that do not expire until price jumps and there are some coupons that do not expire ever (no time limit, no price limit). I am holding onto one of those and thinking if I should even use it this or next year or just save it for later time.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
I think price drop was at least a day or so ago and most coupons I see have no expiration.

Edit: no expiration as in date, if BTC market reachs a certain level some do expire as well.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
But I mean hey you got some baller coupons no?

Most coupons people got have a 10% rule and expire on Jan 2020 , it's really nothing but a "Sorry not sorry, we screwed you" from Bitmain, these coupons now go for 30% of face value, or this is what most people are trying to sell them for, although I have been getting the same offers from the same people for weeks now, so it's unlikely that people are actually paying that much ,which means if you wanted to sell them you need to go much lower , maybe 20% or so.

Bitmain dropped gear prices today, AGAIN !! S9 finally goes for under 100$ for the first time in history.

Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Just got shipping notice for my S17 so it went out on time, if waiting months for an over(pre)paid item is considered 'on time'...!  Roll Eyes

But I mean hey you got some baller coupons no?
Pages:
Jump to: