Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain introduces the Antminer S17 Pro, Antminer S17, and the Antminer T17 - page 6. (Read 11165 times)

Activity: 416
Merit: 125
Good I am up to six and will soon shed newbie. I am talking with buysolar if he wants one more of these. They are really costly. 2900 plus shipping plus trump tax makes them over 3700 and wait till December. I am very inclined to do nothing and hope coin crashes out
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
Some s17 pros for dec delivery are  listed

yea not paying today for something to be delivered 4 months from now only to then have to pay 650-700 in tariffs when it is delivered.

side note - separate account for your phone? lol
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
Some s17 pros for dec delivery are  listed
Activity: 392
Merit: 159
I am a bit new-er in the whole Bitmain thing, so that is news to me. Thank you for that
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
That is also correct, but that is just the basic stuff that they have been doing for quite a few years. I thought that was already known by everyone.  Undecided
Activity: 465
Merit: 309
More than likely the first one is just better chips those better chips give that model a slightly higher hashrate. The model shipping later in the year is either using a different version of the chip (lower grade) or they are just under rating it so just in case the chips aren't the greatest you don't end up getting less than you paid for.

At least that's what happened with the S9's, many different versions from 11.85th-16th over the past few years, the only real difference between them was the grade of chips used.
There is non other than the type of machine and date of shipping as we both noted.
Perfect so it's not just me who does not see any differences more than that.
First link that you provided is for Antminer S17 Pro-56TH/s and "Shipping is in 7 working days after fully paid" and that is why the price is higher. Also, it has higher TH/s(than Antminer S17 Pro-50TH/s) on "Normal Mode".

Second link that you provided is for Antminer S17 Pro-50TH/s and "Shipping date: 21-31, Dec. 2019" and that is why the price is lower.

Nothing else is that much different.
Can anyone help me?

What is the difference between these two:

https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=000201907221827155251s708NgR0645

and

https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=000201908131025150618stdgtjt0729

looking at the power and TH/s it appears to only have different tweaks?

28 hours until back in stock so I have time, not to burn myself ()except with the price, difficulty increase and 4-month waiting time .......
I'll not quote you to avoid cluster of messages.

It took me 4 days of consulting them over my machine but keep in mind that there's a time difference between China and me of around 6 hours. Therefore, that conversation could have been shortener or I could have even sent them immediately but I kept it mining with two hashboards while consulting with them.

So, I sent them the machine on June 19th and they received it day later, on 20th in the morning, however they updated my ticket saying that they received it on 21st.
Three days later on 24th(Monday) they sent a new one which arrived to my customs on 26th.
So, basically, it took 7 days.

However, I haven't sent it properly and since then I've had a lot of problems with customs so I still haven't received my machine. But that is not Bitmain's problem. Even though I would be grateful if they helped (which they could by sending a few statements), it was not their fault, but rather mine and my country's "stupid" customs policies.

Also, I think everyone knows this but I only had to pay for shipping to them, return shipping should be paid by them while the machine is in warranty period(as far as I know, but I will see that when it arrives)
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Going to try to break down math better for turbo vs normal.

Your stats will help.  Down time vs turbo gain.
Yeah, I noticed that you edited it. Thanks!
As I've said they have already replaced it and sent it. It is currently at my customs and I am unable to provide documentation until I come back from vacation.
If you are interested in exact number of days it took them from the moment they received it until they sent it, I could check.
legendary
It happens I just found it and  posted it above.  let us know how long they take to replace it.

more warnings here

you don't understand how they measure.

a single chip with test leads  can do 30J/TH

this gear is doing 50th at 2050 watts on = normal speed  that is 41J/TH

you are doing turbo numbers  to mine on turbo speeds gives you  a little more hash and burns power like mad.

so this gear does 41J/TH using the  fans and controller  on normal speed.  I suspect fans and controller are at least 100 watts

so it is  doing about 1950/50th = 39J/TH on normal speed

In what seems like a million years ago bit fury shows its chip in a single chip setup  it did 60J/TH  which when built into a  big machine did about 100J/TH

Turbo should never be used at the moment with current coin prices.

Normal speed should be used at the moment with current coin prices.

But I am sure some can create an example that shows turbo is smart to do at the moment.

and someone refuted me here  Grin

I have metered smart switches for each circuit-PDU so the only way I could measure each cord would be to connect to two separate circuits which I'd rather not risk. Otherwise I'd need to measure with my amp-meter with a split cord which I don't have. If I can figure out how to safely do it I'll let you know.

UPDATE: I remembered I had a dual metered PDU that reports amps (in whole numbers) that I don't use that readout anymore.  So I tried one of the S17s on that so I could measure each cord separately.  It measured exactly 5 amps each on Turbo mode.  Exactly being that it only reports round numbers.  At my voltage that is around 1150 watts per cord.  But I'm sure it is 5.x not just 5 amps.  But either way, it seems to balance the load very close between the two cords.

... Turbo should never be used at the moment with current coin prices.

Normal speed should be used at the moment with current coin prices.

But I am sure some can create an example that shows turbo is smart to do at the moment.

I'd like to see your calculation/thinking.  

By my profit model turbo mode makes sense currently.  But I am working with 5.4 cent electricity so that obviously will make a difference.  Simple Cryptocompare shows $8.50/day for Turbo, $7.84/day for Normal, $6.24/day for Low Power mode.  So Turbo currently makes the most profit.  I have wondered if the extra wear and tear is worth it and for that extra 8% profit and maybe not.  

As energy price goes up then it would flip to where normal would win out and then low power mode.

So in your case my advice was correct and his was wrong.
If you go back and look  I said anyone running them on turbo  risked  gear death.  let me find my post.

I am not complaining, just giving information if anyone cares. Also, I've read this whole thread today(gotta be honest, I rushed through it), didn't catch your warning.
legendary
If you go back and look  I said anyone running them on turbo  risked  gear death.  let me find my post.

He set his range to 80 dB and I believe gear is at normal speed.

Try one of your s17s on normal speed and range at 80 dB.

As I see specs turbo looks to be really hard on  unit with not much gain in hash.

But this is not my gear as I was not able to order on in first batch. Since then I have decided to not purchase any new gear from bitmain.  I will buy used s17 from forum miners, but not from bitmain direct.
For all you guys that have S17 Pro 50TH/s, I advise to be cautious with Turbo mode. My unit lost one hashboard after 2 months of use. I have sent the whole unit to Bitmain and it took them around 7 days to fix or decided to send a new one. Will see when it come to my door. Just wanted to say that after 3 years(and around 50 units over those years) of using Bitmain's products (mainly S and Z series) this is the first time that this happened to me while using default firmware without tinkering anything.

However, on the bright side S17 Pro 53TH/s on Turbo mode seems to be working fine for almost 4 months now.

Just wanted to share my experience. Smiley
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
That's also new pricing that changed since the original post I think your referring to since the full quote isn't there.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
[...]

Add in the MicroBTs, the M20 at 48 W/T for $1830 (45T) and the M20S for $2680 (62T) also 48 W/T both with November deliveries according to Pangolin.
You could put for comparison's sake the 21s which are the lesser efficient models, the M21S at 60 W/T for $1825 (56T) and the M21 at 60 W/T for $888 (28T). Well i guess the 21s are superior to the T3 and close to the T3+, but the 20s are definitely better.
Activity: 303
Merit: 105
What is real power consumption of T17 antminers on 230V, bitmain is not accurate regarding this. Is there any difference in power consumption between 38 and 40THS T17 types?

I got T17 38ths version. Power consumption is 2050w on 232V.
Pages:
Jump to: